• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Seeking A Few Murder/Mystery Ideas {Prompts Inside}

GothicWitch

A Hopeless Romantic
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings; I am seeking a few partners in crime to write long-term original stories with me! :) I am currently in the mood for anything murder/mystery-romantic related settings; I enjoy dark and gritty, gothic atmospheric stories, and even the occasional light/cozy/humorous ones too! I do have a few ideas/prompts below that I am craving to write with my potential partner(s), but if none of them catches your fancy, then please feel free to share your ideas instead by messaging me via PMs!

I look forward to hearing from you! :)

| About Me |

• Ghost-friendly!​
  • I'm only comfortable with mxf romantic settings.​
  • I usually post multiple (4+) decent-sized paragraphs per reply and character.​
  • I only write in the third person perspective in paragraph format.​
  • I am double-friendly; I enjoy playing both (mxf) genders!​
  • I prefer to write characters in their late twenties to mid-forties.​
  • I'm open to writing most personalities, traits, and types, but I typically enjoy writing morally grey, deeply flawed characters the most.​
  • I usually use realistic (celebrity/model) face claims for my characters' physical appearance (or just a written description).​
  • I struggle with some mental health issues (as well as social anxiety), so there will be days when I'm not feeling productive or social, so please keep that in mind.​
  • I prefer to roleplay via PMs or public threads.​

| My Partner |
  • Please be at least 18+ years of age (preferably 25+).​
  • Please be double-friendly or willing to play the male role.​
  • Please write in the third person POV perspective in paragraph format.​
  • Please be an intermediate, advanced roleplayer.​
  • Please only use realistic (celebrity/model) face claims (or a written description).​
  • I'd prefer if your characters are in their late twenties or older.​
  • Please don't write your characters as Mary/Gary Stues.​
  • Please actively participate in the planning process-- I love bouncing ideas/suggestions back and forth with my partner(s).​
  • If doubling is to occur in the story, please put effort into balancing out both your characters respectfully.​
  • Please don't hound me for replies; if I haven't replied in a week or more, then PM me a friendly reminder.​

Idea #1 - A disgraced Hollywood actress (and former socialite) (my OC) reluctantly teams up with a homicide detective (your OC) to try and solve the murder of a young Hollywood starlet who was found dead, supposedly drowned in the swimming pool at an elite country club in upstate New York. {set in the golden Hollywood era}

Idea #2 - A well-respected husband (your OC) and wife (my OC) team of paranormal investigators is called in to help solve the most chilling and terrifying opened and (sometimes) cold cases. {The Conjuring Universe-inspired}

Idea #3 - A struggling novelist (my OC) unbeknownst to her-- suddenly inherits a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian mansion from a deceased eccentric distant relative who was once a well-renowned psychic medium. It is said that the grounds and the home are said to be haunted by multiple ghostly inhabitants...but the new owner is a skeptic and doesn't believe in anything that goes 'bump in the night' until she finds the skeletal remains of a decorated American Civil War Captain (your OC), who disappeared on the eve of his wedding day in the summer of 1866, after stumbling across a secret room in the greenhouse on the property. It seems the captain has imprinted on her and won't leave her be, but she soon learns that the ruggedly handsome Civil War soldier isn't the only one she innocently released.

*More to be added!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back