Secret Projects of the Realm

Alternatively, the realm could wield out one of those crazy first age superweapons they've undoubtedly got at least one or two of.

Transforming everything in the radius to crystal, shattering peoples souls.

At a guess, I'd give them a cannon mount Godspear.

No that would put the terror into their foes.

I... er... built something... far more dangerous than that...

Basically, it's a flying city.  It's diamond in shape, and 10 miles high/wide/long.  The bottom 5 miles of it are just one massive gun.

Erm... it kinda just kills... a lot of things.

In my game it was the final straw for the other Solars, when they killed the 14th Deathlord in his original Solar incarnation.  However, now he's come back and he wants his giant floating DOOM fortress back.  Unfortunately Larquen Quen managed to nab the activation key a couple of millennia ago...

"That's a good idea to put into a game"
It is 100% guarunteed to scare the absolute shit out of any poor bastard PC who happens to see it in action.

Since the FMS was due for mass production in the stead of the TFDs it's not impossible that there might even be a few of these things lying around. God knows the realm has enough manses under its control to use 'em.

Kajata said:
I... er... built something... far more dangerous than that...
Basically, it's a flying city.  It's diamond in shape, and 10 miles high/wide/long.  The bottom 5 miles of it are just one massive gun.

Erm... it kinda just kills... a lot of things.

In my game it was the final straw for the other Solars, when they killed the 14th Deathlord in his original Solar incarnation.  However, now he's come back and he wants his giant floating DOOM fortress back.  Unfortunately Larquen Quen managed to nab the activation key a couple of millennia ago...
That...that's sick almost...but I love it...

And to Battosai, Jesus H would it scare a PC ^_^ I might just use it to put the fear of all the Gods into people who get out of line, lol.

Stupid Mask of Winters and his stupid walking stupid corpse castle. Thinks he's so great. Well I'll show him.

ZZZaaapp!

That'll learn you.

What about this,

The MoW or some other deathlord comes up with a device/contraption/weapon whatever you might like to call it that draws the void from the underworld, to the realm.

Perhaps something like a huge ring of obsidian pillars/obelisks covered in runes of dark languages. With enough power, say by sacrificing a perfect circle of solars or some gastly deed as such. Using their shards to power this device into sucking the void into reality. Not having enough power to suck the whole world into the void, but more a mini-void that could swallow whole cities in on single gulp.

We could call it porta-void   :P

Well... given that MY players don't visit this place...

I could give the low down on the SUPER WEAPONS that the fae are carrying in my 1000 xp game.

On the other hand... none of my players thought to ask what the HELL did the Realm use to nuke Lookshy + all bases in a single night... ^_^

This is not counting the super weapons the infernals and abyssals have prepped off stage...   :P

Breeding experiments with Mountain folk to make strange warrior-caste hybrid warriors, to add an edge in conflict.

Sorcerous experimentation with mounts to allow the Dragonbloods to ride in as cavalry charges.

Mass production of weapons such as shock-pikes using their first age/shogunate factories.

The small scale things add up a lot, and they are easy to apply in larger encounters.

Although my current big-time:

A backup defence network pioneered by the savant-engineers of the realm for centuries, backed and funded by the Empress, in case her power faltered. Not as potent as the original by any stretch, and only effective around the Isle large cities at the moment, but dangerously effective then. Massive essence cannon rising from the earth, city-scale haze fields, essence-disruption fields to inhibit attackers.

Hmm, well technically they don't need the breeding program when they have the Scarlet Stone ^_^ A thousand angry dwarves fighting for the Realm!

The breeding program for mounts I like, consider it yoinked.

Mass production of weapons...a little harder but I usually give the Realm a Shogunate Age or even First Age factory cathedral to liven things up a bit. Man, you should have seen my PCs faces when they saw that fucker.

Massive essence cannon rising from the earth, city-scale haze fields, essence-disruption fields to inhibit attackers.
But no Empress to run it. Or is this more of a Death Star arrangement?

Either way sounds like fun.

It's a backup system I believe without the seductive woman behind it. She's out for the day. So he's just making something along the lines of an automated system that mortals can run and the other Terrestrials. Should be spiff. I'm using it ^^;

Technician: Sir, field command is reporting signs of Anathema at the head of the army, and there is evidence of hidden aircraft.

General: Fire up the cheese, son.

Tech: ....Sir?

General: The Resplendant Backup, you lummox! Need I say everything twice?

Tech: (Confused) ...Firing up essence accumulators.. now.

General: Let's show them what six hundred years of hard cheddar can do.

Honestly, though, I had a secret project for the Realm, nothing big or original by any stretch of the imagination. But MAN did it have an impact on my characters.

Clones.

Yes, I know you're thinking it's kinda dumb, but man, it was great. The Realm had literally stumbled across some old Manse workshop, hidden in a Manse deep in the forests of the Threshold near Cherak. The workshop was massive, stretching far underground, along for acres and acres.

The entire place was filled with books and works on human physiology, documents of gunzosha fighting capabilities and human reproduction. There were thousands of tubes, stacked neatly together. All made of White and Green jade, filled with various alchemical concoctions. Inside, were perfectly preserved, asleep, clones.

It was to be the last step in a Dawn sorcerer-general's plan to overthrow the Terrestrials in the Usurpation. He had a continually running factory essentially, pumping out men and materiel for the war effort. He was killed shortly before his plan came to fruition.

Now, in the Second Age, the Empire discovered it when odd readings and wavers in the dragon lines were recorded. A team of engineers and savants found it and basically restarted the perfect, in shape factory. The Realm's clones were activated. Around the factory were hallowed out caverns filled with stocked weapons and mortal artifacts, namely gunzota armor. Approximately, half the clones were ear marked for gunzota duty and the rest were normal grunts.

Man, my characters ran for the hills  :twisted:

Sub in Jade Alchemicals (of all five colors) for clones, and you have the surprise I launched on my players in a mini-series.

[fond sigh] That was fun.

A covert-ops team from Lookshy was investigating a rumor that House Mnemon had come across an intact First Age facility, previously untouched. They arrived at the area to find dead Dynasts everywhere, including those from other Houses. Unsure of whether the Dynasts killed each other or were slain by something else, they investigated...

...and found rows and rows of people in stasis with grafted jade body components inside the facility. Before they could do more than look, the facility's security--activated Jade Alchemicals--found them, and they were barely able to escape with the aid of a rogue Alchemical.

The rogue explained that the Jades were created by a First Age Solar and Lunar interested in necromancy--they were able to develop the soulgems and a variant on Alchemical construction. (An Eclipse and a No Moon, for those interested--the No Moon was the primary crafter, while the Eclipse worked on mental compulsions.) The pair were given enough advance notice of the Usurpation to prepare contingencies--while their bodies were blown up in their main laboratory (taking along most of the DB assasination squad and several overly confident, previously mouse-trapped Siddies) and their Shards released, their ghosts were shunted into previously constructed Soulgems--on suitable Alchemical bodies.

Long story short, the circle returned, and with the assistance of the rogue Alchemical and his cadre, took on the Orichalcum and Lunar Alchemicals and destroyed them by shattering their Soulgems--freeing the Jade Alchemicals from their compulsion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back