Secret Projects of the Realm

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
Well, children, it's that time again, dreaming up mass weapons of destruction for the Realm! Seriously though, what are some of the tricks you've pulled out of your sleeves to throw at your PCs who say the Realm 'is nothing,' or 'is just a bunch od pansy DBs?' I've personally thrown an Imperial Air Fleet, a Thousand Forged Dragon and a few of my own made up tweaks at them. But I'm curious, have any of you made up any weapons or field armies that could inspire fear in your Anathema PCs?

Anything at all?

Actually I usually try to picture dragonblooded as not evil but driven by pure intentions, therefore I tend towards plots where the dbs are used as pawns... deathlords, demons and co. and those make nice secret weapons, too.

If the Realm is nothing, invite them to take it back. See how they feel about that island when all the loyalists swarm and protect. Warstriders of all elements, Maybe even protecting gods, ect.

The Realm and the Dragon Blooded who reside in it are also adept at ruining the credability of any anethema. A few well placed words and a whole town will not trade with the party. (except maybe the eclispe... they are the decivers afterall) I've used political intrigue in my games to stump players, and it's made better characters for it in most cases.

Soft Mist drove the hoe into the ground, resting on the shaft for support. It was a soft, warm day, perfect for field work, but she had been tilling all day.

A bird twittered nearby in a tree, announcing enthusiastically, she imagined, that it had laid its first egg this season. She had often wondered about birds; such small creatures, but so charged. In another life, she sometimes dreamed, she might be and Air-Aspected chosen and might fly with the birds herself; studying and copying them in their joyous flight..

Her daydream was interrupted by a rumbling sound and the shaking of the earth. Looking sharply up at the tree in question, her jaw dropped in disbelief as it seemed to droop, and then fall into the earth iself. A chasm was opening in the field, and the soil she had so recently tilled was spilling into it.

Soft Mist began to run, while behind her the bay door of the Lord's Crossing first Air Unit, so long left fallow, opened for the first time in centuries. As she tripped, looking over her shoulder in shock and fear, she caught a glimpse of a giant, gleaming metal ovoid rising from the soil, before her head struck a rock and she passed out.

The
Retribution rose into the air, emitting naught but a slow thrum, and hung ponderously in the air for over an hour, performing post-takeoff checks before firing the main engines. Then, with a thunderous roar and a flash of silver light, it was gone.

StarHawk said:
If the Realm is nothing, invite them to take it back. See how they feel about that island when all the loyalists swarm and protect. Warstriders of all elements, Maybe even protecting gods, ect.
The Realm and the Dragon Blooded who reside in it are also adept at ruining the credability of any anethema. A few well placed words and a whole town will not trade with the party. (except maybe the eclispe... they are the decivers afterall) I've used political intrigue in my games to stump players, and it's made better characters for it in most cases.
Oh trust me, I've pulled many a trick on my PCs, now they're very...very wary of the Realm and what it can bring to bare. It's rather amusing.

Thank you very much my good man. An empire is nothing without a victory fleet of Protoss Carriers, after all.

*snicker* Man, would that make my characters shit, seeing a First Age vessel like that. Hell, even good ol' FaFL's ship is about that big. Needs fighters...maybe I should tell you about the Carrier.  :twisted: Talk about the fear of God into my players. I literally had them in stunned silence for like five minutes, they all just looked at each other, then quietly told me they'd withdraw their army to a Realm diplomat, I nearly died of shock. They were really gunning for that fight too.

A Solar-led army retreating! Victory for the ST! Down with player-led hegemonies!

Cthulthu strikes again!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes, yes he did. I say it again, ST-ing is one man's war against a group of wandering heroes.

And man, they ran like scared children.

The Realm is a bit backwards because the Emperess restricted technological development and let non-essential technologies slip.  Lookshy is a more immediate threat.  3000 vetern DB's and 300,000 vetern mortals with access to Shogunate artifacts and technology is frigtening.

The Realm is a bit backwards because the Emperess restricted technological development and let non-essential technologies slip.  Lookshy is a more immediate threat.  3000 vetern DB's and 300' date='000 vetern mortals with access to Shogunate artifacts and technology is frigtening.[/quote']
True, true, but who is ruling the world, somewhat any how?   :P Besides, I think Lookshy has kinda just dumped themselves into their mercenary role until someone worth a damn comes along, wanting to put the several centuries of dirt and such to work and make a move on the Scavenger Lands.

Did she really restrict technology though? As I understood things, she did what DBs worldwide were doing; juggling ancient artifacts and technologies to maintain as many as possible. I figured that even with the empress around, there just weren't enough powerful, brilliant DBs to keep pace with the gradual decay of the technology available.

I'm going to be playing a DB savant soon. Intelligence 6, Occult and Craft as prodigy'd skills, offering a potential of 6 each. I will change things for Lookshy.

*whistle* Hopefully so, see, I know they're restricted in artifact creation, but I always dreamed up of some epic quest. A group or expidition of DBs head out to the Threshold or some outpost in points unknown to come upon the lost secrets of harnessing jade and focusing it to their will as regular artifacts. Perhaps not AS big as they'd have to make an artifact four or five through public works...but good enough.

I like the idea of unlocking the old abilities.

Oh Samiel... much love for your air-ship of doom...

And yes, we need more Protoss Carriers in exalted... the Skywolf just doesn't quite cut it....

Not unless you have a legion of War-birds to launch from it... ^_^

That tree of Glider Charms is looking prettier by the moment.. :wink:

And my urge to force my players back onto an airship is increasing in kind. I gave them all they needed to be air pirates! Everything they needed! Even Gliders, and swarth air-sailors.

Of course, if they were to go back to it now, they'd get protoss'd. I'm gonna go write up some carriers now... And build one in Battousai's game.

Of course, if they were to go back to it now, they'd get protoss'd
Nah, that's what a chump would do.

We'll just stage a raid on the lookshy armoury. The night castes would totally be up for that.

On the back of a thousand forged dragon. Now that's travelling in style.

Ah Thousand Forged Dragons, where would we be without them? Now those are some awesome flying machines. My old ST unleashed two of the fuckers on us *shudder* Mecha Godzilla was never so scary.

And to think that lookshy has at least four. Why they haven't put water aspects on their backs and walked them into the imperial city bay is beyond me. The imperial manse would just stop working the minute they arrived. And then, you drop..

THE BOMB

Look out, Battousai. It's over.

And much as I wish it weren't so, the three stooges Night Castes in my game would actually be well up for a caper in the Lookshy Armoury.

Sometimes I wonder why exalted offers a personal essence pool, when discretion rarely features as a theme anyway.

Eh, most people can usually NOT play Night castes well. I have a friend who played one of the best Night Castes ever, hands down. He was from Gem, never, EVER showed any signs of an anima banner, except once, and he's played that character for at least two years now. Everyone assumed he was a badass mortal, not an Exalt. Well the NPCs anyway ^^;

Battousai lied on another thread when he said that his DB game (Going strong) was his first.

His actual first game, in which I was also a player, unfortunately didn't last past the first session. All of the players were night castes.

We agreed that, given the tendancy for the Night Castes of the party to diverge and do their own thing given half a chance (The Three Stooges), an All-Night game could actually be the perfect game.

Alternatively, make it mandatory for every exalted, no matter how unlikely, to have stealth 3+. That way they never get left behind.

Yeah, stealth used to be a big problem for my players, they never fucking took enough or took it at all. *sigh* That killed so many a PC before.

Secret project of the realm eh?

They should build this thing that looks like a moon and has a huge laser that shoots down on unsuspecting planets.. I don't think it has ever been done before...we can call it the Death Star!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back