• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Second Dawn OOC

Rules:
1. Site Rules
2. No Godmodding
3. No Meta. NO META!
4. Wars are to be run via a moderated Honour System. Effectively you control it and I just make sure its alright. Stop you being silly and, when needed, I can help decide outcomes.
5. Expansion will be managed thusly, you can increase you area by about 50% a 'page' each page will be equivalent to about two weeks. This continues until the land you wish to claim is within 100km of another players border. (How that works I will explain [and totally not figure out] later.) When you are expanding over a city I may or may not have some obstacle (Or reward) lying within for your benefit.
6. Diplomacy is more or less up to you. Provided you don't choose to quit by literally giving your nation away (Which is a just BS way to leave.) you can do more or less what you want. Treaties over land borders (Which will play into the near border expansion), forming an alliance or confederation or even 'lending' troops to each other for various reasons. They are all OK so long as there is an IC reason for those interactions.
7. 11
(Will add more as I think of them or feel new ones are needed, thoughs and opinions thusfar?)
Gut

I mean, fighting mutants and other bandits and deasiese and radiation with 250 soldiers= hard territory expansion.
True but in theory a squad of my Marines would be able to put down a bandit gang, depending on the nest maybe a couple squads (a company even) if it isn't just torched using other means.

True but in theory a squad of my Marines would be able to put down a bandit gang, depending on the nest maybe a couple squads (a company even) if it isn't just torched using other means.
They are also equipped as a QRF, I could get squads of Marines arround in hours at the outside.

I would also hope to encourage settlement that join me to train militia's rather than relying on the Marines.

I mean you could always try to recruit el banditos, instead of slaughtering them.

Not my style, not to mention most times it will just be Marines reacting to being attacked. Not your walking dead drama shite either, full, military, force.

Sorry, when I said recruit, what I really meant to say was demoralize, imprison, and then put onto the front lines to act as human shields.

The sounds like decent alternative no? Also that's what Moscow has and they have a standing army of 68k

When it comes to Prewar tech, my military does use exclusively Prewar tech. But I only have 250 Marines.
Cite it hoe. I have 22ish thousand soldiers.

Also, CabalAnomicPotato CabalAnomicPotato While I am fine with everything (Provided it all gets edited to what we accepted since I am slightly busy or I'd check) I do want to note that a standing army of 30% of your population is.. well.. its less then sustainable without national levels of stealing from others.

Rules:
1. Site Rules
2. No Godmodding
3. No Meta. NO META!
4. Wars are to be run via a moderated Honour System. Effectively you control it and I just make sure its alright. Stop you being silly and, when needed, I can help decide outcomes.
5. Expansion will be managed thusly, you can increase you area by about 50% a 'page' each page will be equivalent to about two weeks. This continues until the land you wish to claim is within 100km of another players border. (How that works I will explain [and totally not figure out] later.) When you are expanding over a city I may or may not have some obstacle (Or reward) lying within for your benefit.
6. Diplomacy is more or less up to you. Provided you don't choose to quit by literally giving your nation away (Which is a just BS way to leave.) you can do more or less what you want. Treaties over land borders (Which will play into the near border expansion), forming an alliance or confederation or even 'lending' troops to each other for various reasons. They are all OK so long as there is an IC reason for those interactions.
7. 11
(Will add more as I think of them or feel new ones are needed, thoughs and opinions thusfar?)
I'm liking it, very practical, can't wait to start expanding (like, when my starter goes up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back