• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Second Chances

Max sighed softly as she walked out of the small grocery store on the corner of main street taking in the scenery. It had been 10 years since she had last been in this town and nothing had changed. Maybe a fresh coat of paint on some of the store fronts, but it was all the same people, same quiet and friendly atmosphere. She had seen a few of them roll down a while ago, prospects for the local MC, a gang she was all too familiar with. She knew her ex was still there, no way in hell he'd give up the only thing he had, but she was worried to see him again. Would be still be the broken strung out man she left? Was he dead? She had no idea and had no intentions of finding out either.

Alex sat in the clubhouse waiting for Carmen to come with the car so they could grab some lunch. He was still finding it hard to adjust to everything outside right now. He had been out for about four months now after a 3 year stent and it was by far his roughest one. They barely had any protection by that point and all he had was himself there. Carmen had been pregnant and refused to see him. She wanted him out now, wanted him to just be a mechanic and earn straight. This was becoming difficult though and the club was starting to weigh heavy on him, they wanted him back, not this half in shit that he had been doing.

Carmen sighed quietly as she pulled up to go the club house that used to be her entire life, getting out and heading inside to go collect Alex and take him out, wanting to grab some lunch and talk with him about where they were going with their future. Him being gone for so long has been incredibly hard and she was worried sick that him staying in the club would mean he was stuck inside for even longer. “Hey… you ready?” She called to him.

Jon glanced over, watching carmen in to collect Alex and sighed some. Every so often when the door opened and he saw her come in, he half expected max to be following in behind her just like the good days. But she never did follow in and in all reality he hadn’t seen her in years and every day he missed her more. He knew she had to get away and he was glad she had but the selfish part of him was angry that she had abandoned him.

Alex looked up when he heard Carmen's voice and smiled softly at her "Yeah lets go." He murmured before looking at Jon "I'll be back in about an hour." He murmured before walking out with her "How has your day been? Salon not too busy today?" He asked softly

Max sighed softly as she loaded the groceries into the backseat of her beat up little Gremlin. She'd been driving it since she was a teen and still refused to give it up even if it was a piece of crap car by this point. She got into the driver's seat frowning when it wouldn't turn over "Goddamn it." She muttered to herself before getting out to check it over. She sighed heavily not seeing anything wrong pulling out her phone and calling the only mechanic shop in town to come pick her up.

She frowned hearing what he said to jon and just shook her head. “An hour? Alex for crying out loud you said you’d pick Leo up with me… he needs to see you more.” She sighed heavily, getting in the car and heading into town to the diner.

Jon sighed heavily and just waved him off. He’d seen the look on carmens face. He didn’t expect him back for the day at all. She’d been through hell with Alex behind bars and the club still felt for her so they were leaving her and Alex to it a little still. He glanced up when he heard the tow truck leaving, sighing heavily and finishing off his beer before heading out to the garage to finish off some work so they’d be ready for whatever car was being brought in next.

Alex frowned some and gave a heavy sigh "Right, sorry I'll be there." He murmured to her before getting in the car. He hadn't been ready for a kid, no way in hell. He was trying to be a father, but being inside for the first three years of his life was difficult. He didn't have a full bond with him and he wanted it but he was so scared that he would hurt him.

Max sighed heavily as she got out once they got to the shop. She didn't see anyone she knew and she was thankful for it. She went into the office to fill out and sign paperwork not hearing the guy call for Jon to come check out and unload the car.

She pulled into the lot before heading inside with him, getting a table and sitting down, reaching across to take his hands tightly as she took a deep breath, staring at the man she’d known since they were toddlers and the only one she’d ever loved. “How did Tyler take the news about you stepping back?” She asked him quietly, hoping he’d actually done what he had promised.

Jon sighed heavily, about to call back that someone else could do it but then he looked around and realised he had been left as the only one on site for the time being besides the part timers. He headed back into the garage, taking one look at the car and frowning. He knew that car almost as much as he knew it’s owner, taking a few steps into the office and halted in his steps. “Holy shit. I’m fucking dreaming.” He muttered, staring at the woman in front of him that used to be his entire world before she got out

Alex sat down with her at the restaurant and sighed heavily running a hand over his face. He hadn't got the chance to talk with Tyler yet and he knew she wouldn't believe him. "He's been out on runs all day. Was gonna talk to him at church tonight." He explained as he watched her some. He had been through hell and back with her ever since he was a kid and he knew that if he lost her he would loose everything.

Max tensed ever so slightly when she heard that voice she could never forget. She turned around and took the man she loved in, denying any thought or feeling she had to run straight into his arms like old times. He looked so much different than before now too. His hair no longer slicked back, it was in its natural thick fluffy shape, he had gained weight back as well, his eyes no longer sunken in, and his skin had a normal pinkish hue to it. She could tell he was clean now, or atleast cleaner than when she left him. After what felt like hours of staring at every inch of him she took a deep breath and said "Hey Jon.."

Carmen sighed heavily and frowned. “Alright. I want some kind of update tomorrow… cause I thought we’d agreed you’d be home tonight. Leo needs help with his race track your mom got him.” She reminded him. “He wanted you to help him…. Alex… all I want is for us to have a chance to get used to being a family. So Leo can get used to it and so he can know his dad. He deserves that much at least.”

Jon just stared at her for a minute before glancing at the driver. “Get out. Now.” He told him watching him get out quickly then just continued staring at her. “You got some nerve showing up here with no phone call no nothing…. I always did like that about you.” He chuckled quietly and stepped over, hugging her tightly. “Hey, you look good. Car not so much.” He smiled at her as he stepped back, taking her in.

Alex gave a heavy sigh as he rubbed his hand over his face giving a small nod "Yeah I know its just....I don't fucking know anymore Carmen. This shit is so much harder than before." He murmured before looking over the menu

Max frowned thinking he was pissed at her but soon relaxed when she saw his smile. She couldn't help but hug him back on instinct as he englufed her. His familiar scent flooding her nostrils and making her remember all their times together. She pulled back as he did and gave a small laugh "Well I wasn't expecting my car to shit the bed a week after getting here....you look good too."

Jon chuckled quietly and leaned against the wall again. “A whole week? Carmen know you’re back? Her and Alex are still in town.” He told her. “Come show me what was going on with the car though” he gestured towards the garage and walked out with her.

Carmen frowned some. “What makes it hard? I’m not saying you can’t spend time with the club. I’m saying your family needs to come first. The club took you from us for three years. They can take a back seat.” She told him seriously. “I will smack the sense into Tyler myself if I have to.” She muttered.

Max shook her head some and rubbed at the back of her neck "I haven't seen anyone." She said truthfully before following him out to the shop. She had spent many a night and day in there with him. Fixing up her car or his bike, hell that car was the reason they met in the first place. She popped the hood and sighed heavily "Won't turn over, I don't think its the battery or anything with the engine."

Alex shook his head a bit giving a heavy sigh "I'm talking about being out...Carmen you got no idea the shit I saw in there. And I dont ever want you to have to." He said seriously before dropping the subject.

She frowned and took his hand again tightly. “Hey… talk to me. This isn’t gonna get better if you don’t let me help.” She pointed out, having lunch with him before heading to pick Leo up from school, waiting in the pick up line and watching Alex in the seat next to her. “You remember all the shit we used to get up to at that age?” Seeing him watching the high school across the street they’d gone to.

Jon nodded some and watched her still in shock a little. “Alright. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow for you, get Joey on it if I can’t work it out.” He told her. “You need a lift anywhere?” He asked her

Alex shook his head some giving a heavy sigh "I can't...nor will I let you know that." He said softly squeezing her hand gently "I mean that to keep you safe love." He murmured before getting on with lunch. As they pulled up to the school he couldn't help but chuckle at her comments "Pretty sure I had you in every nook in cranny I could get you. Honestly I'm surprised Leo is our only child."

Max smiled softly at him and gave a small nod "Just to my place if thats alright?" She murmured watching him more. Still as handsome as ever and she couldn't stop looking at him "I can't believe I'm seeing you again." She spoke truthfully to him.

Carmen smiled and shook her head a little "Thank god for birth control huh?" She murmured, "Shame we stopped using it." She muttered the last bit under her breath. It was no secret to everyone except Alex that she'd had an awful time being a single mother while he was inside and the main reason she hadn't seen him was because of the state she was in most of the time. She hadn't been cut out for motherhood on her own and even with the help of the club she'd been miserable the whole time. She put the smile on when she saw her little boy walkout with his teacher though and got out of the car "Hey sweetheart, you ready to go home?" She asked him, picking him up and taking him back to the car to get him buckled in. HE looked more like Alex every day.

He frowned some and watched her "Alright... You back in your mom's oldn place?" He asked her, heading just inside of the club house for a minute to grab the van keys and helped her put her groceries in the back of it, "I thought it would never happen to be honest.... The fact you never said goodbye I figured you were done with me.... Course it took a few weeks to realise that you weren't missing and that you had actually left.... Spent days on end awake and trying to find you." He muttered. It still hurt to remember how things had ended between them. "I don't resent the fact you left." he told her quickly as she had gone to protest. "I resent how you did it." HE told her quietly.

Max got into the can with him and frowned a bit as she listened to him. She shook her head some and frowned as he brought up how she left "I told you, I told you for months that I was going to leave if you didn't get clean." She muttered taking a deep breath "You don't remember do you?" She asked genuinely seeing the hurt in his face "I found you higher than a kite at your room in the club....fresh track marks in your arm. Saying how nice you felt, I told you I was leaving. I thought maybe you were still there and heard me. I'm sorry I assumed that." She said truthfully

Alex frowned softly as he listened to her. He said nothing after it though. He knew, he knew she hated it. Not being a mother, but the fact he left her alone to do it. He gave a small smile seeing his son holding his mom as they walked to the car "Hey there bud! How you doin today?" He asked as Carmen strapped him in. He gave a small frown though when he hid his face in Carmen's arm.

He frowned and looked over at her when they got to a light. “You don’t remember who that heroin belonged to do you… it was yours. And I’d been trying but you left it on my bed after an argument and used it as an excuse to leave. Things were shit I get it but it was both of us back then.” He told her.

Carmen sighed a little. “Baby it’s just daddy.” She assured him. In all reality carmen had done an awful job of making sure Leo knew who his father was and it was making their job harder now to get him used to Alex. “He’s gonna help you with your race track later okay?” She murmured, getting back in the car and heading home.

Max frowned more as she held her arm instinctively giving a heavy sigh "We were toxic for one another back then. I was toxic and I needed to get out. I'm not saying I was right, I could have atleast left a note." She said softly watching him still.

Alex gave a heavy sigh but still smiled a bit "Yeah, we'll make sure your cars go super fast." He said sweetly before turning in his seat when Carmen started to drive

Carmen got her boys home and went to get some food in the oven, frowning when she turned around and found Leo bumping into her. “Hey sweetheart… I thought daddy was doing your race track for you.” She frowned, looking up to find Alex walking in with his phone in hand and in the process of putting his kutte on. “Oh you gotta be kidding me.” She muttered.

He sighed a little. “We ca t change anything that happened back then… but you’re back now at least.” He smiled, pulling up to her moms old place. “It’s good to see you max… and hey… maybe here’s to second chances.” He smiled, only half joking. He missed her every day since she’d left and he’d give anything to have her in his arms again and waking up to her every morning.

Alex got home and smiled some as he went to start on the race track. He frowned when he felt his phone go off and sighed heavily "Yeah?" He muttered as he answered "Really right fucking now? Look man I'm with my kid...fuck fine give me ten minutes." He muttered before getting up and throwing his kutte on. He frowned when he heard Carmen's remark turning to look at her "You want me to talk to Tyler right? This is the time I have." He muttered.

Max nodded a bit and gave a small smile when he said second chances "Yeah I maybe." She said softly before grabbing her things "Thank you for the lift Jon, I'll see ya around." She said sweetly before going inside. She still loved him, she never stopped. No other man had lived up to him and she missed him terribly, but she was scared. Scared that things could take that dark turn again like they had before.

Carmen scoffed a little. “After they dropped you in it like they did youre still running around like his pet. You’re meant to be here. Spending time to get to know your son cause you were too reckless to not get thrown in jail and miss everything the first time around!” She snapped by the end, glaring at him, not even paying attention to the fact that Leo was right there listening.

Jon smiled some and waited til she got in the house before heading back to the clubhouse, parking up and going inside, looking over at his pres. “so uh… max is back in town.” He told him smirking a bit. “Hasn’t said why yet. I’m gonna tell her to come on down to the party tomorrow… so don’t panic for my sake when she shows up… why’d you look so pissed?” He frowned.

Alex frowned at her shaking his head a bit "Leo go on and play." He murmured watching as their son ran off "First off, do not fucking bring this around him like that again." He said in a dangerously low tone. Before stepping forward towards her "Second off, you found out about him right after I got the sentance. You knew EXACTLY what was to come and yet you still decided to keep him. So stop the fucking bullshit of your woe is me single mother shit. We know its hard, we know you weren't happy, but you also fucking chose it so don't blame it all on me." He spat with vemon before leaving the house.

Tyler frowned as he saw Jon come in shaking his head some "Need to talk with Alex, this half in half out shit isn't working." He muttered running a hand over his face.

Carmen grit her teeth and watched him go, going to get Leo his dinner on the table and grab herself a drink. By the time Alex got back she’d got him to bed properly at least but she’d spent the rest of the night on the couch with a bottle of wine and bawling her eyes out, well and truly exhausted now.

Jon hung out with everyone the rest of the night and eventually made his way home, getting inside to get himself a drink and go to bed, sighing happily when he remembered he’d be seeing max again tomorrow as long a the whole thing hadn’t just been a cruel dream

Alex frowned as he got home giving a heavy sigh. He sat down across from her his kutte now slung against the back of the couch. His eyes swollen shut from Tyler beating him "Hey....I um...I worked out a deal."

Max woke up the next morning running a hand over her face. Had she really seen him after all these years? And had she really agreed to go to a party at the club tonight too? She sighed heavily shaking her head before getting up and ready.

She frowned and shook her head, barely able to look at him still she was so upset with what he'd said, "Don't just sit there then, tell me what it is." She spat, pressing her face into the couch,staring at the wall opposite her.

Jon got up early in the morning to get himself ready for the day, taking a shower and making sure to ignore the old scars that littered his inner arms from all his mistakes, never feeling up to admitting to them these days. It only served to upset him now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back