• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Searching: 1 or 2 really good RP partners longterm

Rib Cage & Rabid Heart

Two Residents Here
Rib Cage & Rabid Heart

Welcome!! Recently we've both lost a few of our most long-term RPs. We're two people sharing one account for a variety of reasons, but usually its me Ribs on here the most managing the account, and probably who you're role-playing with. Probably. Rabid comes on sometimes, but not as often. Anyway, we're both aspiring authors and love to write/read. We've both been role-playing for years and would really like to find a few really good partners!

Guidelines:

No self-inserts. Please be able to write as any gender regardless of your real life gender. 

(If you only prefer one gender that's fine too but I prefer it if you didn't.)

Please be able to write at least two and half paragraphs of non dialogue.

(Although, more or less depending on how succinct you are and the situation is definitely preferred.)

Have a decent grasp of the English language.

(I am no Grammar Nazi, understand that mistakes do happen, but if I can't understand what you're saying or you aren't able to .)

Be able to post at least 2 times a week.

(I understand that real life gets in the way often.)

If you're going to be gone for an extended period of time or lost interest, please tell me! I'll tell you!

(I would rather end it than drag out something that's dying, and I'd like to know when to expect a response because I get to looking forward to it!.)

Do not control my character

Be willing to double up if the plot calls for it.

(Not a huge requirement, and probably no more than three characters for each of us or I'll die/kill somebody. Literally.)

Character development & detail.

(Be creative! Give 'em quirks! Personality! Flaws! Please! Write someone you'd want to read about, not just someone you like to write about.)

Romance.  Love it. Helps me really get into a role-play. 

(No love at first sight without a damn good reason. Hell, no romance unless the character's actually have chemistry.)

GxB, BxB, and GxG

(But, I'm not fantastic at GxG RPs for some reason. Sorry.)

About Us:

❧ We love writing as opposite genders, different races, lots of fantasy and sci-fi but we're pretty versatile. 

❧ We usually write depending on how much the other person gives us, We like it when our partner and I both contribute to plot.

❧ We are not perfect! We make mistakes, too. But we know the difference between your & you're, there & their, to, too, & two.

❧ Our schedules vary, but if we cannot post at a timely manner, we will let you know.

❧ We love fresh/unique descriptions.

❧ We crave detail, thoughts, emotions and character development in our role-plays.

❧ We adore romance in our role-plays and it is basically a must.

(For Fandoms, we only use OC's though the OC's can be based off of or be offsprings of Canon Characters.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya! I'm interested in finding a long term rp partner as well =) What genres are you looking for?

Hey. I don't mind trying this out. I've been looking for long-term partners anyways, so...

Alright. Any ideas what you're interested in for an RP?

Hello! What fandoms or plots are you (or both) interested in?

Fandoms? Mmm~ Lots of obscure anime/manga/books (that list could go on forever), Harry Potter, Supernatural, Sherlock... You?

As for plots I'm really interested in fantasy/sci-fi based RPs, but I can live without my preferred genres. I'm up for taking on another romance RP so a plot including that would be cool. An Apocalypse that isn't zombies (or at least something that uses that trope in a new and interesting way) comes to mind, but I'm up for just about anything. 

Hiya! I'm interested in finding a long term rp partner as well =) What genres are you looking for?

See above! What might you be looking for?

Hey! I'm a roleplayer of 5 years experience, I think I can give you a run for your money as a long term good player. I can be M and F, and I'm cool with MxF and MxM. Can move to secondary method if needed. 

Hit me!

@Lady Astra I ask that people be able to play any gender in hopes that they'll be more inclined to write them as people before female or male, if that makes sense. No worries there. So do you mean the character archetypes or actual Marvel/DC heroes and villains?

@Rib Cage & Rabid Heart Hmm... Well, it's our world so it depends on how scifi we're gonna get. The main plot idea I had was that my character liked to play both sides until they eventually went rogue for reasons unknown. They were part of an organization of heroes, which you also worked in. You knew me very well (or at least the persona I had), so you're trying to lure me back in. At the same time, I'm trying to convince you to become evil. Something like that.

@Lady Astra So, like estranged friends. When you say "reasons unknown" I'm going to assume you actually have reasons..? Or nah. You don't have to tell me what they are, it's just confusing if the other person hasn't got their character fully fleshed out beforehand.

I like the idea of a future-esque sci-fi with fantasy elements, but we could do steam punk or a more modern setting is what I meant. 

@Lady Astra  ^_^  Cool. 

So in a modern setting what would you like to make it sci-fi? If... anything? I personally had an idea for a character a while back with "cybernetics" where they're a person in almost entirely a man-made body. Of course they're not a robot, and its very difficult to tell the difference between one of these people and a regular person, but they have advantages that regular humans don't. That might fall into line with an organization of heroes anyway. Or vigilantes.  

@Rib Cage & Rabid Heart I. Love IT. It makes sense that they're all together, then, because they have similar abilities or body enhancers. Maybe it's like a human plague or something bothering the ecosystem so certain people needed to have cybernetic bodies in order to continue reproduction or something weird like that. Anyways, what about the characters or the organization? Got any ideas?

@Lady Astra Yeah! Plague that affects certain kinds of people, or maybe some kind of nuclear or otherwise disaster that resulted in a huge group of people having to be transferred/born into cybernetic bodies.

I think I've already got in mind a character if we go with that. I figure his parents might have something to do with this disaster that happened, and people assume he's a bad guy because his parents created his cybernetic body from scratch so they probably predisposed him to evil etc, etc, but he's actually really not and by trying to prove he's actually not he became part of this organization. 

I figure its either a government funded crack team kind of organization, or a vigilante rebel kind of organization? Those are the first ideas that come to mind. 

@Rib Cage & Rabid Heart Thanks for seeing things my way! :)

As for the character, I like the idea of him trying to redeem himself for something he couldn't control. It's very human and relatable in some cases. As for the organization, it seems better for them to be government-funded because who else would know a Tony Stark in this universe so well? Also, the government could also be a reason for the anti-hero/villain to have left. 

I don't know why, but reading the "we"s in this thread made the post seem more epic. Now, I'm wondering: are any of you two interested in superhero/villain kind of RPs?

As I've stated, I wouldn't mind an OC roleplay (maybe futuristic-action, maybe some gritty slice of life..?) based around the universe of Welcome to Nightvale. ^^'

Hey!

If you're still in the market I'd love to hear more about your story preferences/plots you two may have longing around and want to explore.

Hi guys. I'm hunting for long-term partners, I have 13 years experience and I play all things (except canon characters because no, but that's not an issue here, obviously). I feel like a lot of people have plots, settings, or characters that they're really dying to use and that's what I'm looking for right now. Also I am one of those people and I've got a world that's due for a reset and needs some fresh inhabitants. Hope you're still looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back