• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy search de lys · longer-term · original [closed]

fleurdelys

⚜⚜⚜
jan 29/18 update: closed for now, thanks!

lys' search for one-on-ones
hey rpnation! I'm lys and you can read my intro here for a bit of background on me. I'm long-winded sometimes so I'll try to be efficient here.

for starters here are some basic things that you should know about me before you read on:
  • mid-20's, EST, been roleplaying for a long time, I'm pretty detailed; posts are usually 3+ paragraphs, and always in 3rd person, past tense
  • I prefer original roleplays, or ones that are loosely inspired by/based off a canon source; and so I only do OCs as well. I also prefer not to double (having minor characters/NPCs is okay though) but I might be willing to for the right roleplay!
  • I default to playing female characters but I can play male too. I'm more experienced with m/f than f//, m//, but I'm open to trying them all
  • if face claims are being used I prefer illustrations such as those from anime, games, etc.
  • I do shift work so I cannot reply everyday. I can usually do 2-3 posts a week minimum, depending on how many days off I have. between work and trying to have some semblance of a social life, there will definitely be times where I can't reply for 1-3 days at a time. on the flipside, I'm super understanding if you need to take time/life gets busy for you too!
if you're cool with me so far then thank you!! let's keep going. I consider myself pretty easy-going but I want to invest myself into these roleplays so I have a few criteria that are, sadly, non-negotiable.

partner requirements

• be at least 18, preferably over 20. unfortunately I'm an old fogey now and I feel more comfortable with people closer to my age, especially if romance and more mature themes are involved
  • be able to provide a quality post; I don't need a novel every time, but at least one paragraph that makes sense, contributes to the roleplay, and follows basic rp etiquette (i.e., no godmoding, powerplaying, etc.) please also write in 3rd person, past tense.
  • be able to communicate maturely with me. we're both adults, so I'd like us to be able to plot well (i.e. contribute to the planning at least a little), tell each other when something is not okay, and so on. also please let me know if you'll be busy, or if you're not interested in the roleplay anymore - and I'll do the same!
  • reply somewhat frequently - for me, a post a week is a good minimum. again, I totally get that life is busy and I hate being pestered for replies, so I will never ever do that to you. but I'd like to have some frequency to keep our interest up. at most, I may poke you to see if you're still interested if I haven't heard/seen word of you being busy otherwise.
  • be able to provide a sample. doesn't have to be your best reply ever; an average post is perfect. since I'm just looking for 2 partners atm I have to be a bit selective, so I'd like to get some idea of our compatibility prior to starting as to avoid wasting both of our time. and of course, I can give you a sample too!
that's it! I'll add more if necessary but I think they're pretty reasonable requests. if you're still good with all this let's keep going onto the more interesting stuff!

the roleplay: general

• how long? long term if possible! I'd like to invest myself a bit and really get into our characters, the story, etc.
  • themes? anything is fine; I enjoy light-hearted, fun rps but I'm down for something dark and serious too.
  • romance? I like when it happens somewhat naturally and I'd prefer it to be an addition, not the focus.
  • format? I'm up for a thread or PM here, but I can also do Discord or email. I'd prefer to not have to download or sign up for anything else.
  • limits? more applicable for off-site roleplays, and I'll be happy to discuss them with you.
  • ooc? I'm up to chat ooc just about whatever and maybe get to know one another - again I mainly use Discord, although PM would be fine too! but at the least I'd like some kind of place where I can let you know when I'll be busy (and vice versa!)
if you're thinking "holy crap hurry up and get to the specifics please" well worry not, I'm done blabbing!! \o/

the roleplay: specifics
despite being a little strict about everything up above I'm actually pretty easy-going, flexible, and open-minded about almost everything else.

currently, I'm mainly looking to fill two plots:
1) arranged disaster - fantasy/medievalish; M x F (where I can play either role) also open to a better title closed
three kingdoms have been at war for centuries until now, where they have finally decided to forge a peace treaty among themselves. as a demonstration of this new alliance (and to help ensure continued peace) each royal family has decided to marry their children to one another. while the marriages between Kingdom A & B, and B and C went well, the same cannot be said for the marriage of Kingdom A and C.​
the princess of Kingdom A and the prince of Kingdom C are the youngest of their siblings, and they both vehemently oppose both the peace treaty and the arranged marriages. however, with the force of 3 kingdoms against them, they have no choice but to succumb to their union. but after their wedding, they both come up with the same idea: to try and secretly assassinate their newfound spouse both for the sake of their beliefs and themselves.​
2) no returns on royalty - fantasy; NB/F/M [Muse A] x F/M [Muse B] - I would prefer Muse A but can do both also closed
Muse A is a bit of an urban legend in the region: they lead a hermit's life in a cave deep within the mountains, and have a multitude of rumours surrounding them. some say they can be seen every full moon, riding through the sky on their three-headed dragon. others say Muse A will sometimes come down the mountain to buy a loaf of bread at the crack of dawn on the first rainy day of Spring. an especially popular story on the rumour mill is that Muse A is terribly in love with the sibling of Muse B (a royal/noble).​
on the sibling's birthday a dragon makes an appearance at the celebration. they swoop down and snatch up Muse B and bring him/her back to Muse A's lair. much to Muse A's dismay, they realize their dragon kidnapped the wrong person. Muse A would like nothing more than to drop Muse B back off at home and get the right person, but that isn't exactly an option. there is no way Muse A will just let Muse B waltz out and tell everyone about them either. what to do when you have a prisoner you don't even want?​
thank you for reading this far! please PM me if you are interested in either of these plots ♥

since I intend to reuse this thread, I'll redo some of the previous information I had for future reference:
fantasy - medieval or modern, monsters and magic, dark or light-hearted, I'm down for anything. fantasy is, has been, and probably always will be my jam. except if you want me to have our characters speak in Old English, I've never really been up for that.

slice of life - or as I prefer to think of them, relationship-driven roleplays. if there's enough to keep things moving and interesting I'm all for it

futuristic/sci-fi - I have less experience with this genre but definitely interested in it! I enjoy a variety of sci-fi media and I find space super fascinating so I'd be willing to pursue a cool idea in this genre anytime.

loosely fandom-based - as mentioned before, I might be willing to do a roleplay that is very loosely based on - or simply inspired by - a canon source. in such a case I'd still prefer to play OCs however.

things I'm not really into: most historical settings, workplace-based rps (e.g., hospital, military, etc.)
bodyguard x royalty
human x non-human
opposites forced to cooperate
childhood friends turned enemies
badass women (criminals, gang of delinquents, etc.)

more to come whenever I think of something interesting!

Last edited:
Hello!!! So I think I meet/can meet most of your requirements. I don't really mind where we would rp. So whatever is most convenient for you,is okay for me. I am most interested in doubled-crossed. I am also interested in supernatural x mortal. I would prefer to be a half-demon/ human. But if I must be a full fledged demon, I will. Also I understand that you may not post frequently.

bump! I've updated this with 2 plots.
note to repliers: I'll be out of town for a few days starting tomorrow so I may not be able to get back to you until I get back.

Hey there!
The plot "No returns on royalty" looks really interesting! Feel free to shoot me a PM if this plot is still open and you are still interested in looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back