• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Scott Pilgrim / River City Girls / General Retro Fighting RP

PantyAnarchy

Looking for a (possibly?) niche fandom/genre RP, but even without knowing the specific series, you can probably get a sense for what I am in the mood for from the ad.

Since I am about hyped about upcoming animation for the series, I'd love to do something with the same energy, aesthetic, and type of action as the Scott Pilgrim comics or other retro fighting series, such as River City Girls.

Now, the specific plot of Scott Pilgrim or RCG is not something I care that much about recreating in our own roleplay since it's pretty straightforward in both. I would be willing to do something canon connected to these stories or play canon characters in new plots, but I am also just looking for a partner who likes these sort of retro action stories where lots of fighting is the default means of handling things in the story, resulting in a lot of hyped up conflicts, rivalries, chaos, and violence throughout.

It would comparable to a shonen anime in the way it would play out with our characters brawling and improving their skills to take on bigger villains, but I am a fan of the more comical elements of SP and RCG and would like to keep it this way so there is room for other stuff such as slice of life, romance, and more lighthearted bits.

The story itself can be as modern, mundane, and comedic as Scott Pilgrim with a similar setting and plotline, or we could include other action themes such as gangs, street fighting, super powers, organized crime such as the yakuza, etc. I think it's pretty adaptable.

I quite enjoy the unrealistic nature of the comics and other retro games and would like to keep the fun and absurd nature around in whatever we do, combined with some actual drama and conflict, of course.

I think this would be fun to do with OCs and I'd love to worldbuild and design characters with an interested partner, but I also wouldn't be against taking stuff from Scott Pilgrim or other fighting beat-em-up series, whether it be canon characters, parts of the story, or pairings.

Although I am fine with roleplaying with any gender and am fine with playing any gender character, I am most interested in a story with female leads for this, especially if it's River City girls. If that's okay with you and you enjoy what I described here, I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun!

There's a lot of things worth discussing that I'd like to talk about with anyone interested, but I am open to sharing some of my own vague ideas for this. The same goes for you, interested roleplayers! If you have any ideas for a plot like this, please share!

So! That about covers it. If you're someone interested in a beat 'em up plot with lots of crazy fights, this is for you! Please contact me privately to discuss more. I don't do public roleplays. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back