• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [Sci-fi Superhero Comedy] Defenders of Kakogan

Insanitation

Hi, I'm Kevin, I'm 26 and I don't really act like it.

What I'm looking for:
Pseudo-Gore. Yea I found a way to make something almost gory but also not really gory at all.
All human characters must be between ages 9 and 14.
Side characters can only be controlled by those who originally introduced them.
Anime/Cartoon face claims, if you use a face claim.
Looking for at least one person, preferably 3 or more.
Swearing out of character and in a descriptive manner is fine as long as it's not directed at anyone in a negative fashion. In-character is okay, but keep it limited and pick your moments as the main characters are mostly children and young teenagers.
1 paragraph minimum. 3rd person, past tense.

The year is 2099, and the Earth is overpopulated with humans to the point where farmers can't grow enough food. Desperate for a solution, the World Leaders have decided to work together, to pull off an impossible task. They have built an artificial atmosphere inside of a self-sustaining spacecraft and placed their hopes in a handful of infants and toddlers. The World Leaders hope is that they would find a larger planet in which to send their population. Nine years have passed, and they have landed on the planet Kakogan.

Despite being aboard the same vessel, they were allowed no prior interaction with each other and raised in 6' x 10' virtual reality isolation cells using holographic imaging to simulate a childhood. Character background comes in the form of incomplete Roboparent software notes with a simple character sheet.

The entire planet is mainly inhabited by Kako. Friendly golems made of various stone, usually depending on the terrain of the region they come from. They seem more than happy to accommodate Earth's overflowing population, but they're being terrorized by the Yohishi. They can take the form of anything as harmless as a Chicken, to otherworldly abominations made of paper and glue. Regardless of size, they have a thirst for destruction. These ordinary human children are the only ones who can stop the Yohishi and save the Kako. After all, paper beats rock.

Kako are a lot more fragile than you'd imagine. They lack the dexterity to put themselves back together if pieces are knocked loose, and the Pinata-like Yohishi attack them to consume the shiny gems that make up the Kako's core.

Basically we will be playing Earth children who are somehow very powerful on this planet in comparison to everything else.

There are extremely rare crystals called the Kako Keystones scattered throughout the planet, and those who have them at their core are granted the ability to summon the terrain to form a rock hard Kako exoskeleton around themselves. For humans, this is usually accomplished by ingestion. It is also possible for severed Yohishi body parts to be used by non-Yohishi, if the parts are in good shape. (Examples: Yohishi Bear paw gauntlets, Yohishi Eagle wings)

Keystone holders (and the nature of Keystones) can be decided by vote

Anyone want to do this?

Example character sheet:
Yes. This is actually the character I want to use.

Name: Barton Sharts
Height: 4'6"
Weight: 91 pounds

Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Dirty blonde, slightly curly with length not exceeding the nape of his neck.
Identifying Features: Brown birthmark roughly the size of a quarter on right shoulder. 1/4" Scar above left eyebrow.

Personality: Extremely cocky, unless he sustains minor injury in which case he will scream like he's being dissected. Mostly friendly, a bit of a ham.

(No backstory is provided as he was raised in a 6'x 10' simulation chamber so that the Roboparent software could be tested.)

Roboparent notes:

Poor listening skills.
Dangerous overconfidence.
Positive reaction to sea shanties.
Is either tone deaf or a master of extraterrestrial mating calls. Indeterminate.
Negative reaction to accordion music over 60 decibels between 2100 and 0700 hours.
Positive reaction to self nasal excavation and consuming of contents.
Negative reaction to confrontation regarding nasal excavation and consuming of contents.
Nigh impossible to potty train for roughly 6 years, 4 months, 13 days, 18 hours, and 26 minutes.
Violent reaction to nickname "Shartin' Barton."
Began playing hide-and-seek. Skills proven effective.
Positive reaction to classic television show "Dinosaur Train"
Negative reaction to classic movie "Jurassic Park"
Negative reaction to classic television show "Dinosaur Train"
Violent reaction to nickname "Shartin' Barton" proven consistent.
Tantrum imminent. Deploying sedatives.
Damage sustained to main processor.
System Crash. Rebooting.
Restoring Lost Data. Restoration failed.
Data Restored: <1%

If you're wondering about the pseudo gore I'm referring to, examples could include but are in no way limited to:

1.) A character plunged their fist into the chest of the Yohishi. A sickening crunch echoed out as its papery exoskeleton crumbled before it. With a fierce battlecry, a character tightens their grip and rips their hand back through its entry point. The Yohishi let out a horrid death cry as its still-beating gummy heart was crushed in the unforgiving hand. Chocolate chips were forced out through every vessel from which they could fit. The Yohishi fell to the ground, defeated, as an assortment of glitter and hard candies poured from its chest upon the forest floor.

2.) A character tripped and scraped their knee against a rock that looked kind of sharp if you look from a certain angle. They clung to their leg in desperation while they screamed at the top of their lungs. "OWWIE!" The warrior shouted bravely. Their wound was slightly red. The tiny droplet of blood may as well have been a river, as no band-aid was in sight.

Note to mods: I hope this pseudo gore idea is okay. I'm trying to aim for more ridiculous than gruesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back