• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ⚔ || 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 (pre-planning)

Other
Here

arato.

reaper.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there, folks.

Welcome to Scarlet Resonance! Thanks again for expressing your interest.

This is going to act as our pre-planning thread. Questions, world-building, introductions, and character brainstorming will happen here. It's not required to interact with this thread, but this is basically my attempt an OOC before an OOC. I'll probably have an OOC up by Sunday which is my next day off as of right now. Until then, I'd like to know where everyone is at.

Who is leaning towards Meister? Who is taking a Weapon? What knowledge of the two worlds do you have?

Feel free to post an introduction too, if you feel comfortable doing so.

Here's mine:

I'm Arato, but you can also call me Sage if you'd like, and I respond to any pronouns (he/him if you absolutely want to pick). I'm twenty-four years old and I've been sitting on this Roleplay concept since like 2015, but I've been procrastinating too much/way too nervous to actually do anything with it. This is my first attempt at GMing, even though I've been Roleplaying since 2009, so please bare with me on this, and I'm open to any advice that anyone has. Thanks!

Phayne here~ Big fan of Soul Eater and have wanted to get into RWBY for awhile. With the anime coming, I might actually start watching it >.<

I'm leaning towards a Weapon. Already got a weapon and character FC in mind to use. Though, was wondering what the requirements were for the FC, anime/realistic etc?.

Also for the weapons, are they going to be similar to how Demon Weapons are shown in S.E being standard weapons with augmented abilities or are they going to be closer to how weapons are depicted in RWBY, having a more hybrid aesthetic and the ability to change weapon types as opposed to a multi form weapon from SE

I'm probably going to make a Meister : )

Also you can call me Misora or just Uni, either works.

Phayne here~ Big fan of Soul Eater and have wanted to get into RWBY for awhile. With the anime coming, I might actually start watching it >.<

I'm leaning towards a Weapon. Already got a weapon and character FC in mind to use. Though, was wondering what the requirements were for the FC, anime/realistic etc?.

Also for the weapons, are they going to be similar to how Demon Weapons are shown in S.E being standard weapons with augmented abilities or are they going to be closer to how weapons are depicted in RWBY, having a more hybrid aesthetic and the ability to change weapon types as opposed to a multi form weapon from SE
Leaning towards anime aesthetics, but if someone prefers realistic faceclaims, then I won't stop them.

Demon Weapons will be closer to RWBY's hybrid aesthetic. Scythes will be guns, swords will be guns, guns will be guns, etc. They'll retain some of their traditional Soul Eater abilities such as reading wavelengths, having the ability to resonant with their partners, etc. I'm thinking that we'll be cutting out the idea of them eating souls though. Grimm are implied to be soulless creatures, so it doesn't really make sense to retain that trait, but reading wavelengths would probably be useful to have when finding civilians or other Huntsmen/Huntresses.

I draw my characters so...... xD (It's not a super realistic style either, for example I drew my profile pic)

I draw my characters so...... xD (It's not a super realistic style either, for example I drew my profile pic)
Drawn characters are perfectly acceptable too! I've seen your art style already and I think it's great!

Hi! My name is Pat, and i use They-Them pronouns. I have :bishiesparklesl:no idea:bishiesparklesr: what im gonna do for a face claim, but i am thinking a meister. of course, i am good with either. i have not seen either of the shows, but i am reading through the wikis... ahh yes, when your movement for equality gets taken over by violent extreemists...stupid propaganda-by-deed radicals. if you want mass support, you cant shoot innocents, and even if you only target the guilty, you wind up trashing your whole movement. good times.

Awesome, in that case I've got a weapon, FC and a name that adheres to the colour rule :3

Hi! My name is Pat, and i use They-Them pronouns. I have :bishiesparklesl:no idea:bishiesparklesr: what im gonna do for a face claim, but i am thinking a meister. of course, i am good with either. i have not seen either of the shows, but i am reading through the wikis... ahh yes, when your movement for equality gets taken over by violent extreemists...stupid propaganda-by-deed radicals. if you want mass support, you cant shoot innocents, and even if you only target the guilty, you wind up trashing your whole movement. good times.
The Faunus plotline is done so dirty in the original series. Seriously. I'm hoping there's some hope in the new animated series, but I have yet to see it.

time to play the radical anarchist emma goldman a faunus who was part of the movement, realized that propaganda by the deed dosent work so well here, that the movement had been corrupted, and went "aight screw this. i'll adhere to the other side, if only so that i can take them down from the inside"

time to play the radical anarchist emma goldman a faunus who was part of the movement, realized that propaganda by the deed dosent work so well here, that the movement had been corrupted, and went "aight screw this. i'll adhere to the other side, if only so that i can take them down from the inside"
Please do! I absolutely love the idea behind the Faunus concept, but it's so poorly done and I'd love to see someone do it justice.

literaly justice :) because... you know.

although the group's aim is an end to speciesism, in reality, it seems alot closer to the american anarchist movements of the twentieth centuary... only it looks at it through the lens of the establishment, and plays up a few violent incidents while sidelining the millions who have died because of the goverment being sucky and those who suffer because of wealth disparity.

so question: What is the witch race supposed to be? I can't really find anything on it in the rwby wiki

so question: What is the witch race supposed to be? I can't really find anything on it in the rwby wiki
So that's from Soul Eater.

RWBY is traditionally a world without magic where Dust comes to fill the blanks. I liked that, originally, but they retcon this later on anyway. Not to mention that characters seemingly wield Dust like magic very early on anyway, so I've decided to just cut magic-less out of the equation. My take on it, for Scarlet Resonance, is that Remnant is still heavily magic-less with a majority of the population still leaning on Dust. I'm thinking that there's like a rare percentage of the population (maybe like 3%?) that can use magic. This would be witches. In Soul Eater, they're heavily hunted and persecuted. I haven't decided their role in this yet though. If someone picks to play a witch, I'd love to touch bases with them on their ideas of world-building with witches and go from there, most likely.

Hope that helps.

So that's from Soul Eater.

RWBY is traditionally a world without magic where Dust comes to fill the blanks. I liked that, originally, but they retcon this later on anyway. Not to mention that characters seemingly wield Dust like magic very early on anyway, so I've decided to just cut magic-less out of the equation. My take on it, for Scarlet Resonance, is that Remnant is still heavily magic-less with a majority of the population still leaning on Dust. I'm thinking that there's like a rare percentage of the population (maybe like 3%?) that can use magic. This would be witches. In Soul Eater, they're heavily hunted and persecuted. I haven't decided their role in this yet though. If someone picks to play a witch, I'd love to touch bases with them on their ideas of world-building with witches and go from there, most likely.

Hope that helps.
Ok thank you. I may or may not make a witch, kind of debating it. Also since witches have magic would they still have a semblance on top of that?

Ok thank you. I may or may not make a witch, kind of debating it. Also since witches have magic would they still have a semblance on top of that?
Yup! Anyone with a soul still has a Semblance. And anyone who doesn't have magic can basically use Dust for similar effects.

Alrighty it's settled then, probably going to make a witch. But maybe she doesn't use her magic besides her semblance outwardly. Perhaps we could have something where the Witches are afraid that humans would try to force them to use their magic for things or something so they have to keep it hidden. Since it's a small percentage of them, even with magic they could probably be outnumbered... idk just throwing ideas out there.

Alrighty it's settled then, probably going to make a witch. But maybe she doesn't use her magic besides her semblance outwardly. Perhaps we could have something where the Witches are afraid that humans would try to force them to use their magic for things or something so they have to keep it hidden. Since it's a small percentage of them, even with magic they could probably be outnumbered... idk just throwing ideas out there.
We can discuss more in-depth about witches if you're interested. If not, then I'll work on it some later tonight. Considering the world-building of Remnant is pretty bad (as Pat already pointed out), I'm game to redo much of it. I think we'll be keeping the Faunus storyline, so we might as well add another species that humans are probably terrible towards too.

With that said, I am leaving for work and will be busy until later tonight, but I'll try to respond throughout the night if I can.

If you have any specific questions, concerns, thoughts, etc., feel free to drop them here or DM me directly.

Thanks folks!

Uhh hi everyone, know I’m a little late but I go by Boreas or Frost (which ever is easiest),pronouns are He/Him and I would like a meister role since I already have some RWBY style characters in my notes but honestly I’m down to play whatever’s needed.

No worries about balance. I'm willing to double up as needed and other players are welcome to do so too. We've got one weapon and at least two Meisters so far, so I'll probably grab a weapon role since I already have ideas.

Last edited:
I'm not making a weapon character but here's a fun idea, A sniper rifle that's also a sword. If anyone likes this idea, I'd be down for designing one : ) It'll just be a simple sketch with blocked in colors but yeah I think sniper sword would be a cool weapon
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f745132516a68414a31314b3354673d3d2d3533353932383030332e313531363237336638343130393166353135353639333431323839342e676966

Last edited:
swordgunswordgunswordgun the small fraction of myself that is american got really exited. i am planing on playing a meister though.

so uh... should we work on team names? we have to come up with initials that vaugly form a color... there are five of us i think?

Yeah probably. My character's name is going to be Dahlia Aster, representing the color purple

I think it’s only our characters names that have to represent colors but I’m not sure . Gonna go ahead and say now that my characters name is Cerulean

Hello, everyone! I am a little late to the party, it seems asphodelus, though you may call me eros. I use mainly they/them pronouns.

I don't have solid plans for a character yet, but I'm leaning towards a weapon; probably human, maybe faunus — unless we're open to more than one witch? (Are weapon witches even a thing, with weapons having been created to match witches' power to begin with?)

Which kingdom will this be taking place in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back