• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Saving the World, One Mistake at a Time

Shuuri let out a brief gasp when the orc really grabbed her hand. Thankfully it was only resulted in a rather awkward handshake, not bad, she never thought she would be interacting like this with a monster. When she return home, what would she even tell her mother???

Shuuri shook her head. That question would be for future Shuuri to answer, the current Shuuri listened to the orc's reply about name and she could only raised her eyebrows at it.

"No name?? Th-then how should I call you?" Shuuri slightly tilted her head as she asked the question. Her eyes caught the sight of the swaying leaves that were still plastered on the orc's face. Gorma leaf. An idea emerged inside her mind.

"Can I call you... Gorm?" Yup, she cut the last letter of a medical herb and she thought it can be a decent name. Easy to remember, easy to pronounce. She felt odd of why she suddenly try to name a monster, but then again the orc had been treating her quite well, all things considered. She felts the need to treat him more like a person in return rather than just random monster.

Gorm? Gorm... he had no special feeling regarding that name. Exvius provided him enough intelligence to know that the name seemed to be originating from something, but he didn't have enough wisdom to tell that it was rather half-assed. Anyway, nobody would care about an orc's name, right? If this human wanted to call him Gorm, then so be it.

"Sure. Gorm it is," he nodded, and then let go of her tiny hand.

Now then... what should he do? These days whenever he had free time, he would waste it by trying to teach the goblins how to speak in Common. What else did he do in the past? Seemed like he just hibernated...? Oh, he suddenly remembered his original goal.

"Right. I forgot," he turned back to Shuuri. "I need to know about where you came from. Not where you live, I mean how did you come here? You humans live beyond that black wall, right?"

He pointed at the silhouette of the Black Iron Great Wall looming in the distance.

"I need to know where the crack is. If it's too close to this spot, we will have to move, or else your kind will start attacking us."

Right when he finished talking, a goblin came over carrying a sack filled to the brim with leaves. The leaves had unique octagonal shapes for its veins. It put the sack on the ground, and then stared blankly at Shuuri as if it was waiting for another order... or was it waiting to be praised?

Shuuri was happy that the orc accepted the name and clapped her hands in joy. She felts like a... mother? Mother would be the one who named their child, right? Though her daydreaming immediately shatter when Gorm once again asked about the crack she came in.

Shuuri nervously glanced at the black wall and took a deep breath, though before she could answer a goblin came and put a sack full of leaves. That was faster than she thought it would be! The girl checked the content and was amazed by the ones it had gathered. There's a few random leaves here and there but otherwise it was what she needed.

"This is perfect! Good job!" Shuuri was so happy that patted the goblin's head as if it was a village kid who just completed an errand. Gathering the tools and ingredients available, the girl dragged the stuffs back into the tent she woke up in and then closed the cover to gave her some privacy. Though a few seconds later she peeked her head out of the tent and talked to the orc.

"Mister Gorm, I will start making some of the medicines. I... I don't think you need to worry about another human coming from the crack I came from. It's a very small one, and well hidden."

The goblin let out a purr when the human patted him on the head. Even after she had gone, it still looked like it was in cloud nine before it snapped out of it and scampered away. Meanwhile, Gorm was observing the scene with his jaws wide apart.

His goblin... what happened to his goblin? Humans are so formidable! Even the tiny one couldn't be underestimated! So scary!

While he was still in relative shock, the human had dragged the sack full of leaves into the tent, and then closed the cover shut. Right on time, the other goblins came over carrying the stuff that she had asked as well. They quietly put the sacks down one by one in front of the tent opening before scurrying off.

"Oh, I... I see," Gorm nodded absentmindedly when she mentioned about the crack she had came through from. A very small one... indeed, if the crack was only the size of this human, then it wouldn't be a problem. Well, fine then. He waved his hand, telling her that it was okay. He then left the tent to look over his goblins.

As he walked further, he suddenly realized that something seemed off.

"Wait. Wasn't that my tent...?"

How did it end up becoming the human's? Oh, so scary. Humans are scary!

But he didn't have the heart to complain, so he just walked over dejectedly to the campfire. Fine, fine, he could just build a new one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back