• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Saving Lives (Animal Based)

Catharsis

Too Far Gone

Saving Lives

Nathan-Winograd-kittens-in-shelter.jpg

Welcome to Woofstock Animal Shelter!

Here at Woofstock, we house all the homeless animals of Harmony, Rhode Island. We work around the clock, 24-hours a day to ensure that each animal in our care is tended to and loved properly. 

[SIZE= 20px]Our Mission[/SIZE]

To bring about a time when there will be no more homeless/mistreated animals. We strive to offer education and safety to those in the population of Harmony. 

Vision

A better world through kindness to animals

Guiding Principles

Golden Rule: To treat all living things as we ourselves would wish to be treated.

Kindness: To demonstrate compassion and respect for all living creatures.

Positive influence: To judge our effectiveness by the extent to which animal lives are saved and improved, and by the positive experience of the people we touch.

Leadership: To lead by example, developing, promoting and sharing great new ideas and programs to help animals.

Authenticity: To do what we say we do.

Transparency: To be open and honest in our relationships.

[SIZE= 20px]Hello everyone! I'm hoping this project gets quite a bit of attention really quickly so that we can start! This is a project I have done before, and have been dying to try it out again. The gist of the roleplay is that we will all play as Volunteers/Workers at a large animal rehoming center. This center will include different facilities to home dogs, cats, horses, along with several small animals. I plan to make this roleplay detailed ( 1+ paragraph per post, specifically ), and long lasting. This will probably end up being a hosted project, depending on how many people I get. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 20px]Drop a comment or a question if interested! [/SIZE]

This seems so cute!!! What will be the age limit on characters, though? 

Thank you :)  

Workers will probably be 18+

Volunteers will be 16+

Just because that's how it is at actual animal shelters. If anyone wants to make a child character ( 16 and under ) I'd be willing to work something out!

Thanks for the interest!! I still need a few more people before I make the thread, so if you have any tags, go ahead! :)

Hey there, stranger! I think I'd be interested in taking a look at this, at least. Do you have plans for some sort of plot or is it just a sort of slice-of-life thing? Can there occasionally be an unusual case. like housing an injured or abandoned wild animal until it can be released? I suppose there would be a vet around for medical care, but perhaps they could give them a place to stay? Sorry if that's a bit weird, that's just a soft spot of mine. I raised a baby squirrel and a couple swifts a few years ago and I absolutely love the idea of a shelter doing that...  <3

I should mention that I'll be leaving for break this afternoon and will only have my phone until the 18th. I can still plan and chat until then, but actual roleplay posts will have to wait until I have a computer again or will be fairly short.  I figure that most people will be with their families so I doubt it would be a problem, but I just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Hey there, stranger! I think I'd be interested in taking a look at this, at least. Do you have plans for some sort of plot or is it just a sort of slice-of-life thing? Can there occasionally be an unusual case. like housing an injured or abandoned wild animal until it can be released? I suppose there would be a vet around for medical care, but perhaps they could give them a place to stay? Sorry if that's a bit weird, that's just a soft spot of mine. I raised a baby squirrel and a couple swifts a few years ago and I absolutely love the idea of a shelter doing that...  <3

I should mention that I'll be leaving for break this afternoon and will only have my phone until the 18th. I can still plan and chat until then, but actual roleplay posts will have to wait until I have a computer again or will be fairly short.  I figure that most people will be with their families so I doubt it would be a problem, but I just wanted to give you a heads-up.

We are kindered spirits. <3  

I had a fawn fall into my care over the summer and definitely will NOT leave wildlife out of the mix of this. 

To sorta spoil, I had plans for the shelter to only house domestic animals, up until an "unsusual" case to pop up and cause the shelter to build up housing for wildlife as well. :)  

Yes, we'll have vet or two around! 

I plan to make this roleplay player controlled for the most part, but I'll be throwing in a few short plots to keep it interesting! 

This RP appeals to my vegan soul...please let me join.

Of course :)

Now that I have enough interest, the thread shall be coming up in about 2 hours!

We are kindered spirits. <3  

I had a fawn fall into my care over the summer and definitely will NOT leave wildlife out of the mix of this. 

To sorta spoil, I had plans for the shelter to only house domestic animals, up until an "unsusual" case to pop up and cause the shelter to build up housing for wildlife as well. :)  

Yes, we'll have vet or two around! 

I plan to make this roleplay player controlled for the most part, but I'll be throwing in a few short plots to keep it interesting! 

Of course :)

Now that I have enough interest, the thread shall be coming up in about 2 hours!

Oh my goodness, that sounds so precious! My family would be so mad at me if I took in a baby fawn because then I don't know if I'd ever let them eat deer meat again. I already have to insist that they never, ever give me squirrel and, if they must eat it, they only do so when I'm not around. Also, they can't eat our chickens. They have names, and you can't eat something with a name. (x

I'd love to hear about your fawn, though! I only had the swifts for about a week, but I have a couple stories about my sweet little squirrel.

Eep, that means I'll be heading out about the time the thread gets put up... Bummer... Well, I can still help plot and maybe lurk until I can make a proper post. (:

Oh my goodness, that sounds so precious! My family would be so mad at me if I took in a baby fawn because then I don't know if I'd ever let them eat deer meat again. I already have to insist that they never, ever give me squirrel and, if they must eat it, they only do so when I'm not around. Also, they can't eat our chickens. They have names, and you can't eat something with a name. (x

I'd love to hear about your fawn, though! I only had the swifts for about a week, but I have a couple stories about my sweet little squirrel.

Eep, that means I'll be heading out about the time the thread gets put up... Bummer... Well, I can still help plot and maybe lurk until I can make a proper post. (:

I'll tell you about it sometime. Let me tell you, it's SO HARD to bite my tongue right now considering it's deer season! :P

It'll probably take a few days for everyone to post up their characters, so you should be fine <3

I'll tell you about it sometime. Let me tell you, it's SO HARD to bite my tongue right now considering it's deer season! :P

It'll probably take a few days for everyone to post up their characters, so you should be fine <3

I understand... I live in Arkansas, so everyone hunts here. I don't have a problem with it, it certainly helps us with meals during the winter months, but it still kinda makes me sad. It definitely goes to good use, though.

Thanks, though it will be mid-January before I have consistent access to a computer. I'll have my phone but I'll have to be searching for spots of signal to use my data to log on. I should be able to post in OOC to chat and plan every day or two, but I probably won't be posting full replies.

Thanks for all the interest! Should I wait to put this thread up? I know the holidays are close and wouldn't want to start this only for no one to be able to respond. It's up to you guys <3

I'll be at a cabin this week with no service or wifi... so if you could wait til next week I would greatly appreciate it Sorry for the inconvenience!

This Rp has such a good vibe to it. It just captivates me at first sight. Looking forward to join this!!! XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back