• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Savage Rifts: The tomorrow Legion

Deviltigerr

Elder Member
Savage Rifts is Rifts(Palladium) run with the Savage world system, recently released, they did a very good job in portraying and using the elements of rifts and adapt it to Savage World. The game introduces some new mechanics to savage world such as being able to cast two spells in a round and also the Blaze of Glory mechanic, where your character can choose and narrate their epic deaths instead of attempting a roll to see if they survive a hit. Essentially every player character get to have an epic ending. Iconic frameworks giving you a whole bunch of powers and abilities by choosing stuffs like Mind Melters, cyber knight, glitterboy, ley line walker or even making more skillfull character with the M.A.R.S. system.

In the battle for survival the Tomorrow Legion brings together the greatest, the bravest, and the craziest to stand against an infinity of threats. They stand for a better future than the past they’ve known.  Taking place only a few months since the siege of Tolkeen, at the hq of the tomorrow legion in Castle Refuge.

Since savage world is very easy to explain, even if you don't have the book, can take the time to show you the ropes. Looking for 4 to 6 players.

Awesome, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Guess worth mentioning, d-bees (dimensional beings) are available too.

I am also interested.  I have the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide, although I haven't read it.  I used to play original Rifts back in the day.

Very curious in this and I know Rifts, Savage Rifts, and the SW system. What medium did you wish to play this in? Roll20? PbP? etc

I hope we get more people.  This does look exciting.

I'm looking at either a Headhunter/Cybernetic Techno-Warrior, Merc Soldier, or Cyborg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested. I played a short-lived Rifts game many years ago. I always liked the genre.

Is having a rule book necessary?

The core of savage worlds would be useful but well its fairly simple even without with dr xenon , would make 4 people, I'll work on setting up the game.

Roll as needed. Savage worlds make it pretty easy when it comes to rolls and the likes...the target number is always 4 for a success, will talk more about it later.

Do we have enough to do this?  I hope so.  Trying to rope a friend of mine into it, but he's being oddly reluctant.

I'm leaning towards Headhunter.  I always wanted to do one in Palladium Rifts, but I always got roped into a magic user for the most part.

Rad.  I will get cracking on a character.  While I have played a ton of Palladium Rifts, I haven't played Savage Worlds before.  This will be interesting.

Bumping this, since we have room for one more here.  Come on folks, it's rad.  The ruleset is a lot cleaner and less insane than the Palladium version, without losing the wild and unexpectedness that is Rifts.  It is also much more approachable as a newbie.  I figured it out (for the most part) in three days.

I mean, who wouldn't want to fight wizards with rail guns, or shoot dragons with plasma cannons?

I'm very interested in this :)  Please let me know if there is still room.

If there is I had an idea to have a mind melter.

Hi!  I'm new to all of this - Rifts and online role-playing - but I'm reading up on everything, learn quickly, and would love to be a part of this great group!  I would like to play a flame wind dragon hatchling if that fits in with the storyline and the group dynamic.  Otherwise, a ley line walker would be really fun.

Thanks for considering this!

~L

Hi!  I'm new to all of this - Rifts and online role-playing - but I'm reading up on everything, learn quickly, and would love to be a part of this great group!  I would like to play a flame wind dragon hatchling if that fits in with the storyline and the group dynamic.  Otherwise, a ley line walker would be really fun.

Thanks for considering this!

~L

I'm totally new to all this too haha. :)

Hi! I heard of this group through @Vaneheart. I would be new to the Rifts version of Savage Worlds. (Although I run a Savage Worlds Deadlands Game published by the Pinnacle Entertainment Group.)

I am interested and would love to hop in and be a heartfelt redshirt for the team... I mean helpful member of the group if you have any space left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back