• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Satan Comes To Earth

ChibiMonkey

Why stop dreaming when you wake up?
19606229-Happy-smiling-girl-Beautiful-Brunette-Girl-Healthy-Long-Hair-Beauty-Model-Woman-Hairstyle-Stock-Photo.jpg

Name: Allison Harper
Personality: Allison it typically pretty laid back, and she has a generally carefree and easy going outlook on most things. While she's generally sweet, it's easy to be fooled that there isn't a a strong personality behind her shorter size and kind nature. She can be incredibly stubborn, as well as independent. She wont really give in on what she believe in, which often leaves her with few friends. She doesn't mind this though and actually prefers to be alone, finding that the more people she has in her life to care about, the more chances there are for her to lose people.
Profession: Artist in her free-time, day job at a wildlife rehabilitation center caring for animals.
Height: 5'1
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel/Green​

It had been five week. Still nothing. No prophet, no indication of one, no indication of nothing. Lilith said it would take awhile, but Lucifer had expected only a week maybe two. Now he was growing impatient, not that patience was one of his strong suits to begin with. He knew he had to look appealing, as the prophet would not approach him in anyway if he took a lesser disguise, but the modern women of Earth were animals to say the least. Every night wherever he sought out he got stares. Something he knew Lilith quite liked about how lustful the modern world was nowadays.

He drove the car he had stolen a while, traveling through the shadows, although ideal did not tend well with this human form he had to take. And so he had to settle for mortal travels. This was the only case where he was thankful for the modern times. But all the while as he drove searching through more and more remote towns, trying to get a feeling the rain grew worse and worse. It was hard to track. A prophet would have a guardian, but he had to be careful so the guardian wouldn’t pick up that he was around, which meant limited use of power, and to some circumstance no use of powers, which made it all the more harder to search.

He decided to go pull in for a stop, some shabby little diner in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. Great. But he couldn’t use any magic to disperse the rain. His walk from his car, which he parked in the corner of the lot to the diner and he was soaping wet. Why was this place even open on a night like tonight. Although he supposed it was decent, as he could not even see the road, no way in hell a mere mortal could.

When he entered the diner the lightning flickered the lights and the thunder boomed harshly. Of course. He sat himself down at the counter and he could see the faintest white glow around a girl in uniform. No way. But he blinked and the glow was gone. He could sense more too. He couldn’t try and read this girl, if she was anything, likely her guardian would be around as well. “I’ll take coffee. Black.” He said his tone very deep. When deciding his disguise Lilith made sure he was alluring in all ways, including his voice.

Sitting behind the counter in the old diner, Allison sighed to herself as she sat down casually on a chair, scrolling aimlessly through her phone and playing games. The diner was almost always empty at night - as far as nightly places to visit, it wasn't really high on the list. Except for possibly occasional drunks who went out together and were hungry - or friends who had gone out and gotten high or something and had the munchies. Regardless, it was rare for anyone to come in during the night on a good weathered night. Of which tonight certainly was not. She occasionally flinched whenever the wind slammed particularly hard against the building, causing a rattle to echo around the vacant building. Well, vacant for all except herself, and the lone cook in the back of the diner in the kitchen, who Allison was positive was fast asleep. Not that she cared. It's not like she was the owner or manager, and, she highly doubted anyone in their right mind would be out right now - especially to come to a place like this.

It was in that moment of her train of thought that the door to the diner swung open with the help of the wind once whoever entered turned it from it's hinges, the sudden noise causing her to jump a bit and fumble as her phone slipped from her hands and hit the floor - though thankfully without damage. She was a bit stunned in silent though to even realize her phone had slipped from her hands in that exact moment, and it wouldn't be until after the man spoke she realized this. She just stared at him in awe, unsure of what she was shocked most by. The sudden un-intentionally dramatic entrance the male had just made with the thunder and lightening, the fact someone was even here right now, or, the man himself. He certainly was a sight to behold - even Allison couldn't deny he was attractive - albeit, drenched and his dirty blond locks dripping water.

When he finally spoke, she blinked a few moments before snapping herself out of her daze "Uh...right..." she stammered a bit awkwardly before she regained herself and her composure. She quickly bent down to grab her phone she now realized was no longer in her hands, quickly slipping it into her back pocket of her denim blue jeans. She turned around to the corner of the back counter where she brewed the customer his ordered cup of coffee. Once it was done, she brought it back over to him, setting the steaming black cup of coffee down in front of him "Do you want a menu?" she asked. She felt silly for asking - still finding it hard to believe someone would visit the diner in this weather. But she would find it even harder to believe if he stopped in here just for a cup of coffee. Despite the oddness of it all though, she didn't ask questions.

Lucifer watched as the girl brewed his coffee. There was nothing out of the ordinary here. Some girl working a graveyard shift on a shitty day. Nothing new, nothing bad. But he felt the ringing in his ears and he shook his head slightly trying to get it to stop. But one thing was for sure, he was intrigued by her. Because the ringing secured it, whatever she was, it was something that would lead him to what he wanted. He just had a feeling and he was sure.

When she turned and handed him the coffee he mustered up the best in him, he hated charming women in the classic way. It was always so much easier at the clubs where he could just put on an attractive disguise and the women would flock. Course his disguise would help here, it wouldn’t seal the deal. He offered up a small half smile. “Thanks.” he said with a nod. “No uh, not hungry.” he told her, the coffee was more so to warm him. Humans noticed when you radiated cold, the coffee helped warm him. Made his touch less cold. That and the freezing cold rain didn’t help. “Got a flat just as I was passing. Enough to get me to the lot.” He told her nodding back at the car. It pained him, but he let his eyes move over her slightly, while she was watching, so she would be aware of the fact he was checking her out. “So, how did you get stuck with this shift? Surely you’d like to be spending your friday night somewhere else?” He asked. Again, nothing he wanted to say, but he had to flirt. “With friends… maybe a boyfriend?” He asked.

When he didn't want any food, she was curious and tempted to question why he'd stop in here, before he explained how he had gotten a flat and was able to make it into this parking lot, so stopped in for coffee. It was logical and made sense enough to her "Oh, that's harsh" she commented in thought as her eyes drifted out to the windows in the direction of the parking lot. Though it was so dark out and the rain so heavy that it's not like she'd be able to see the car he was talking about anyways. "Hopefully you have a spare with you?" Getting a flat alone sucked, but in the middle of the night with weather like this was even worse luck. While tow trucks and such would still be available, it still would be a hassle to deal with.

When her eyes glanced back to the man as he sipped his coffee, it was hard to miss the way he was eyeing her. She made no comment of it though for the time being - he at least didn't seem like a creep anyways, even if it was the middle of the night. It didn't bother her that he seemed to continue further strike up conversations, they were the only ones here, and the mood was dead enough with the storm raging on outside the walls, the wind whistling against the windows as if to remind them constantly. Though when he asked about a boyfriend she couldn't help but let out a slightly amused scoff.

"You're not very discrete you know?" she half teased him, though her tone showing that she didn't really mind. Though she also didn't really seem to give much indication that she was interested in his flirting. Sure, she'd admit he was attractive, but that didn't mean she was interested in every attractive guy that flirted with her. "But no, I don't have a boyfriend. Night shifts pay more and considering I don't care to go out partying really, it works fine for me" she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

He shook his head, “Had to use my spare last week.” He said with a shrug. He let out a small smile though when she pointed out he wasn’t discrete. At least she was taking the hint, also the fact that she commented on it. A bit more of a level head. She would be a fun one to tame. “That’s good. Hardworking girl like you. It’ll get you far.” He nodded.

“I take it you live in town?” He asked her, small town like this he was sure everyone around lived in town. “I just got a job, temp work at the town hall.” He told her, another lie, he’d make plans later, he could convince anyone of anything with a little negotiation. He’d make sure he had a job set up in town. He knew it was a risk, but a little magic in this moment wouldn’t be too bad, and so he did some digging, he’d make sure Lilith set him up later.

“Staying with my uncle for a bit. Lives at the old Duchanne boarding house.” He told her. Thanks to his little magic he knew of a middle aged man, lived alone, used to have a sister, she left town trying to escape small town life, died in an accident a few years ago. The perfect sob story for a mother figure. He of course have to make a friend or two, find out the hotspots and events, figure out where she would be so they could ‘happen’ to run into each other. But he figured for now, he could be the flirtatious new man in town. “I’m Luke by the way. I never did catch your name?” He asked her.

She did feel bad he hadn't a spare tire on him. She herself didn't have one, but, it's not like she would offer up her spare tire to a stranger, despite him being stranded. She was nice, but she wasn't naive. When he commented on her hardworking trait getting her far, she shrugged her shoulders a bit "I suppose. But I'm not looking to go far. Just making ends meet, I suppose" she commented. She'd made it clear she was aware of his flirtatious advances, though, while she didn't mind and despite him being attractive, she wasn't making any note to follow through with his tone and flirt back with him.

She nodded her head lightly when he asked about her living in town, though didn't say much as he turned to talk about himself a bit, not that she minded. She listened to him explain how he was staying in town with an uncle of his, and just nodded her head lightly to show she was listening. "So then I take it you're new to the area?" she inquired back, though he'd never said it, what he said implied he might be, like mentioning he just got a temp job, staying a bit with his uncle, as though he hadn't been there long. "Are you gonna try the new guy to town in need of a tour guide line next?" she asked, though her tone still in that of an amused one, not upset. To her, this guy was easy to read - or so she figured. A guy just trying to be all cool and sly and pick up a girl.

When asked her name, she raised a slight brow at him "Well true I suppose I didn't give it, that's probably why you missed it" she said before then pointing to the name-tag pinned to her uniform shirt in the top left corner of her chest which she had to wear as a waitress, where her name 'Allison' was printed in simple lettering "But with the way you had been looking at me I would have thought you'd catch this."

Lucifer shook his head a bit when she mentioned the tour guide line, a small chuckle at his lips. This was pitiful. Not that he was predictable, just the whole idea of flirting. Being readable, being clear on all of this. Blah. Humans were so trivial. “No tour needed. I like finding my way about things.” He informed her. Indeed he did, lurking about was his forte, but finding his way around was what helped him learn best.

He nodded to her as she pointe dout her name tag, “Allison.” He nodded. His mind reeled, he knew much of the name, burst through it’s popularity in the 80s, now was much more common. But the meaning struck him new, ‘of holy fame’. She would be interesting if she was what he was looking for. Perhaps she would play a greater part in his game than he imagined. He hated not knowing more about her. He wanted all of the facts.

“Excuse me, I need to call the tow company.” He said as he stood up pulling out his phone and making his way to the end of the diner, basically as far away from her as he could. He stuck the phone to his ear, not needing to dial. Lilith picked up.

“Resorting to mortal ways are we?”
“I need your help.”
“My help would draw attention.”
“I just need you to help me get set up in this town, then we will be home free. Hopefully.”
“Did you find it?”
“I don’t know, maybe. I think I found someone who can at least help us get closer.”
“You’re so unsure without your magic. It’s pitiful.”

Then the phone went dead. Lucifer wanted to crush the phone right there in his hand, and maybe would have had there not been a mortal girl standing down the way. “Mind pouring me another cup while I wait?” He called down the counter. He looked down at his phone, a text message. He was still getting used to the new mortal ways with this technology. It had come up so fast it was hard to learn. But it was from Lilith telling him she would set everything up and be ready within the hour. “Should be here soon.” He said as he moved back over to the counter. Hopefully he’d just wait her out and leave after, he assumed she wouldn’t wait up with him.

She nodded her head lightly as he repeated her name once reading the name-tag, and she leaned back a bit against the counter watching him. Something about him was odd, though she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Well, aside from the already rare odd fact he was visiting the diner at this hour. Though, with his story it made sense, and she hadn't yet a reason to think he would lie about it. After all, she had no idea just how mysterious of a person he really was, and he was far from ordinary. She honestly didn't think too much of it for the time being however, and just shook the odd feeling off of her, watching as he excused himself to call a tow truck. Something she found odd.

Had he not already called one the second he pulled over with the flat? It wasn't usually the kind of thing you put off, or forgot to do when you got a flat tire. Again though, while she found it odd, she didn't put much thought to it. As she leaned back against the counter she let her mind wander, thinking over tomorrow's schedule and how she had her day job. The diner was more part time than anything but she also worked at the small wildlife sanctuary, which, while it wasn't specifically a zoo designed just for profit, and more so focused on the rescue and care of wild animals, it was also turned into an attraction, mainly to help raise money for the sanctuary itself so they could keep caring for the animals. A job she much preferred. Working with animals was far easier than dealing with humans, in her opinion.

She was soon distracted out of her thoughts when she heard Luke calling over for a second cup of coffee "Sure thing" she said, moving back to the pot where she got him another cup. She set down the coffee in fresh cup in front of him, before grabbing the previous, now empty cup "Be right back" she commented as she headed to a door behind the counter which lead to the back of the restaurant and the kitchen, tossing the cup into the sink to be cleaned by the only other coworker on shift that night, the chef. Who, as she had guessed, was sound asleep. She paid him no mind since it really wasn't a surprise, arriving back behind the counter within a minute since leaving it.

When she left he rolled his eyes a bit. He did not even like coffee, it was bitter and hot and quite nasty. But it did help his body become warm to the touch, so when hanging about mortals he had to drink it quite frequently. He'd have Lilith do some research on her as well, make sure they'd run into one another 'by accident' again. He figured mortals believed in all that shit, fate and running into people over and over, as if there was a reason. He supossed it could be considered such, a devine force was involved, that devine force being himself.

He nodded to her when she set the coffee back down before him, he took another sip, this time the coffee was hotter. He wondered if it too hot. Should he had made a face like it burnt? Too late now. "So, do indulge me while I wait for this damned truck." He began. "Small town, don't tell me you're working some elaborate plan to get out of here?" He asked her with a small cocked eyebrow. "Dream of seeing the big city?" He asked her. "Forgive my cliche, I've had a difficult time reading others." He told her. It was true, he needed the key to take back the underworld. Ever since his powers have been going in and out, he couldn't get into people's heads like he used to. Couldn't inflict them to feel any sin anymore.
He'd have to go about all of this the old fashioned way.

He hated the way mortals flirted, it was all so forced, but yet he had to try. He placed a smirk upon his lips, let his eyebrow cock slightly, "On second thought, am I still allowed to take you up on showing me about town? Or was that simply sarcasm?" He asked her. His own words made him want to vomit. If he wanted a lay he would have infused her with lust and fucked her there on the counter. But again, that was not the goal at hand.

After returning back to the counter, she heard him striking up conversation again, asking about cliche plans of escaping small town life and into a big city, a bigger world. She smiled a bit in amusement before shrugging her shoulders a bit "I don't mind the small town life. Less people. I've visited the city a few times before, and it's nice, but I don't care too much for crowds. I couldn't really see myself living in one, but they're nice to visit" she explained, before turning the question back to him. "What about you? You mentioned you came here for work, staying with your uncle or something like that? I find that interesting...because of the size of this town there's not much work to be had, and any work there is isn't really most people dream jobs, or pay all too well. Typically people moving for work find it in cities, bigger towns" she commented on the unlikely-ness of his situation.

When he brought up the indirect offer of showing him around the small town, she raised an eyebrow in curiosity as she glanced to him. It was obvious enough he was flirting with her, and while Allison would admit he was certainly attractive, she wasn't that interested otherwise. He seemed like the type of guy who was used to getting what he wanted, and seemed to think he could easily just have her too with a little bit of flirting. "I thought you said you like figuring things out on your own?" she repeated his words from earlier. "I wouldn't mind showing you around. But I work a lot and am pretty busy, so I wouldn't have a lot of time" she further added, showing she wasn't so easily won over just by some sweet words or flirting.

He was caught up when she turned the question back to him. He had to think quicker. "Yes, uh, just looking at company's in the area. I work for a place that buys and rennovates smaller places, maybe buying up some land too." He said vaugely. He should have been more careful with that fact. "Helps that my Uncle is in town. You know family and what not." That wasn't entirely a lie. There were archangels scattered all about the world, he needed to gather up some before settling on his own mission. And this little town had one in particular he needed. If he could get him on his side he knew this 'Uncle' of his would be able to persuade others.

Lucifer eye's flashed slightly as she spoke back to him upon his offer. He looked away slightly trying to clear his mind and face then he pressed another charming smile. Oh how satisfying it would be to strip this human form and see the look of terror on her face as she saw his true form. "Right. I will figure things out on my own. Sorry." He said and stood up as he pulled a twenty from his pocket and left it on the counter. "Thanks." He told her as he headed outside into the rain. The thunder boomed loudly again and he made his way out to the car he came in. Rage bellowed within him, he hated not being able to use his magic, and he hated having to use mortal ways. He'd figure something later this evening, he couldn't be there any longer.

Allison had merely been speaking her mind and curiosity when asking what he'd be doing coming here for a job. While sure she found it odd and rare, she hadn't thought anything more other than that, such as him lying or being suspicious in any way. However, when he began to speak of what that job was, how he worked with a company that seemed to buy and renovate places as well as land in general, clear confusion spread across her brows as she looked at the man quizzically. Hadn't he said that he got a temporary job working in town hall before? She was mulling over her confusion in her head at the two different jobs he said he had at different times...maybe she misheard or misunderstood him the first time.

Just as she was considering this thought over in her head though, he seemed to suddenly be on his way out and she blinked a bit "Oh, has the truck arrived?" she contentedly briefly though he was already on his way out the door and gone into the raining parking lot. She just frowned a bit with furrowed brows as she stared at the entrance to the diner. What an odd man...Well, it was the dead of night, and with terrible weather. Not really circumstances that brought in 'normal' customers. Shaking her head a bit and shrugging it over, she cleaned up the barely touched second cup of coffee and waited out the rest of her graveyard shift that night.

When the dawn broke that morning, the sky cleared up to a rather nice day, starkly contrasting the weather the town had received during the night. There were only light, white clouds scattered in the blue sky overhead with the sun shining down brightly and warming the land up as it began to dry from the previous night. After her graveyard shift Alice had gone back to her small apartment to sleep and rest, before she woke up at eleven in the morning to get ready for her full time job at the sanctuary, arriving for her shift at noon after she ate a quick meal of lunch - technically also her breakfast. While the weather was nice today, evidence of the storm last night was left scattered about as Allison was tasked with cleaning up the pens and grounds the rescued wildlife lived on, such as picking up fallen branches, drying and covering areas that were too muddied over, and such forth.

He reached the man he was staying at's house. Magic had already been doused on him. He greeted Lucifer with a hug and a clap on the back. Then brought him into his home like nothing was out of the ordinary. He spent most of the night trying to locate his friend nearby with the little magic he had. He could call Lilith again, but she would draw attention too. He was getting quite sick of this routine. But he knew were his fallen friends liked to spend their time. And so he went to researching.
Vassago was the hardest of his fallen friends to find. He always was being the demon of lost and hidden things. But that was why he appeared so readily to Lucifer that afternoon at the bar. This town appeared hidden, this town should have been a safe haven from the devine world. And yet here was Vassago sitting at the bar himself. "Trying to keep a low profile there Luci?" He said as Lucifer approached him at the bar. This was not the ideal setting to be meeting at a very public place.

"You know what I need." Lucifer said to him as he sat beside his old 'friend' and orded them two drinks. "I know you need two things, one is hidding from you, yes. But the other is neither lost nor hidden." Vassago spoke with a small smile. He took an entirely average form, blending with the crowd as usual. "Semyaza does not wish to be found by you. He doesn't want to help. But again true, if the leader of all of us fallen angels on your side you can retake your realm back." He said. "You knew that of course." Vassago spoke with a small smile. "As for the female whom you have encountered, she is interesting. I can't really tell what she is. Should be fun to figure that one out, especially without your magic." Vassago said. "I have a feeling, I just... I do not know. There is a force telling me she has something to do with it all. But that is all." Lucifer exhaled frustrated. "Why don't you go and ask her?" Vassago said handing him a napkin and flashed a smile before disappearing.

Lucifer looked down at the napkin, an address on it. One the small phone he borrowed from his so called Uncle he searched the address. A wildlife reserve. Great, there was absolutely no way he could foil a plan here. But he was here for business at the town hall. A quick trip there revealed this little sancuary had some paperwork to go over. He'd just run down there for them and diliver the paperwork himself. A boring plan, but a decent one at that. At least he had an idea of his end goal. He then set out for the sanctuary and pulled up in his car in a suit and walked towards the small cabin he assumed was the actual workspace of this place and knocked over the door.

Most of the early afternoon was spent cleaning up the property and and land. Because it was more of a sanctuary than a zoo, all the pens and 'exhibits' for lack of better word, were a lot more open and lest confined. After cleaning the different pens up from debris as well as usual routine cleaning, she made her way back to the main cabin, where she'd have to soon begin preparing meals for the animals. She got back into the small golf-cart styled vehicle and drove back to the main cabin, politely greeting visitors that she passed and occasionally being stopped for either directions or other information.

Making it back to the cabin, she saw someone at the door who more than clearly didn't work here. Dressed up in a nice suit, he certainly didn't belong, even as a visitor, and as she approached him she could only see the back of his head, leaving her unable to yet recognize the stranger from the diner last night. Pulling the cart to a stop, she spoke up as she hopped out of it "Hey, can I help you with something?" she asked, glancing to the door. She guessed the other workers were out on their rounds and other tasks, and that's why no one had answered the door yet, which, was still a bit odd since usually someone was always in the office, which was also located in the building.

As she approached the door and the blond male, her eyes filled with recognition as she saw his face "Oh, hey it's you" she commented more so talking to herself as she recalled meeting him the previous night "...Luke, was it?" she asked, trying to remember the name he'd given her "What brings you here? You don't really look dressed for visiting purposes. Don't tell me you're stalking me now?" she joked as she opened the door and moved aside to allow him to enter as well, before shutting the door behind him.

Lucifer turned to her as she spoke, he had to pretend he was a bit shocked to see her as well. His eyebrows rose, "Yes, and it's you. Allison? Right?" He said to her. He moved into the cabin and frowned at the inside. It didn't smell particulary nice, course his scent was heightened a bit, maybe to a mortal the smell wasn't noticable. He was very aware of what room in the back all the food was kept in.

"Stalking? No. Although, if I were I do really hope I would be doing a better job than this." He said. Then he glanced down to the file in his hand. "Here on business. Just a few permits and paper work that needs to be renewed." He told her as he handed her the papers. "They'll need them all submitted within the next month, plenty of time." He assured her, "Saw it was a wildlife sanctuary though, figured animal permits takes a bit longer." He offered up.

He felt quite odd there in a suit, everyone around was in shorts and a t shirt, very casual, and a lot of children. Children were, well Children were not his favorite. As he looked at her he decided to take a cheap shot, not so much really cheap, but an average shot. "Are you free tonight?" He asked her, "I dunno, I heard the bar downtown was alright. Would you meet me there?" He asked.

Heading inside with him after he followed her in, she turned back to him when he mentioned he was here on business "Ah, so today you're the town hall worker, not the land buyer and renovator?" she asked him with a slight smirk, pointing out his flawed lies from the previous night about how when his job and employment came up, he had given two entirely different jobs. Granted, while she knew plenty of people had more than one job, take herself for example, those two jobs Luke had given weren't typically part time one - especially town hall employment which whichever position in town hall the job was, typically required time and work that didn't afford time for a second job, not without sacrificing sleep and social life.

Taking the papers from him, she idly glanced them over though didn't really read them - not a job for herself. "I understand. I'll let the owner know when I see him later" she commented, moving over to the desk where she neatly filed them away where they wouldn't be missed or forgotten about. She then turned her attention back onto Luke as he he asked to meet up with her later that night at a bar.

She smiled a bit at his attempt, and shrugged her shoulders a bit "Sure, why not. I get off at eight" she explained, deciding there couldn't really be any harm in meeting up with him. She still found him to give off a feeling of arrogance, but maybe that was just her being overly critical about people in general, since she tended to not really like many people. But she hadn't been out in a while, and while she didn't miss social life, she knew it could do her some good once in a while. "You'll have to tell me what bar though instead of it just being one downtown. It's a little vague" she joked a bit.

Lucifer shook his head slightly, she caught that. But he figured a little mystery maybe made him interesting. Probably didn't, he cursed the fact he couldn't use his magic. "I do a little bit of everything." He told her on her job comment.

"The Albi" He told her about the bar offering a slight smile. He leaned forward a bit now, quite close to her, the small smile still at his lips as he reached behind her. He grabbed a pen and then leaned back and pulled out a small pad of paper and check something off. Again leaning back in and setting the pen back down. "Left mine at the hall." He told her.

Then he turned to move away. "I'll meet you at the bar at nine." He told her. He did not offer to pick her up, he didn't mind. Although this was the first time he was ever unsure if he'd be taking a girl home with him this time.

Hearing his remark of just doing a bit of everything, she raised a brow at the cover-up. She certainly didn't believe it, but decided not to really think too much into it or question him about it. She made a mental note of the bar he wanted to meet at, nodding her head lightly to show she registered his answer. She still didn't see a whole lot in him aside from his attractive looks, but for now she figured it couldn't hurt to play along. Go to the bar, get a few drinks. Who knows, maybe she'd enjoy getting to know the strange man a bit more.

When he suddenly leaned in closer, her eyes widened a bit as she followed his movement, about ready to move back away from him, though watched as he just grabbed a pen. As if that was all he was trying to do. She smirked a bit in amusement realizing his actions a bit "Not very organized are you?" she retorted to his comment of simply having left his pen at the hall, before he was soon turning to leave and she nodded to him once more in regards to meeting him later that night.

The rest of that day had passed on as uneventfully as usually. She wrapped up her shift at eight before she then headed home to her apartment, where she took a shower and cleaned up before she would head to the bar. It's not like she was trying to impress him, that honestly wasn't the intention. Rather...having spent all day working with animals it was nice to wash off the obvious scent that lingered around her from her job. And regardless of if she grew further interest in Luke or nice, it was always nice to clean up when going out. She arrived at the bar at the given time, glancing around to see if he was there yet, if not, moving to take a seat at the bar to wait.

Lucifer dressed himself for this night out. Not too nice, but decent enough, with a dark grey shirt that fitted his human form well. He showed up to the bar a few minutes late and found her sitting at the bar. He moved up to the counter and ordered two beers and sat beside her as he set one down for her.

“Punctual.” He said to her. He took a sip of the beer, he always found it amusing the effects alcohol had on humans. “Sorry for all the.... I don’t even know what to call it. I was out of it at the diner.” He told her. Then he offered a slight smile, “ask me anything tonight I’ll be honest.” He told her. “But for you, two jobs, and quite different af that. What’s the story with the wildlife sanctuary?” He asked, “I wouldn’t have pegged you as such.”

When she didn't find him, she moved to take a seat down at the bar. She was dressed nice, though still on the edge of more casual than anything. She wore on high-waist black skinny jeans, and a loose fitted, pale blue colored shirt. She didn't have to wait long until Luke had shown up, which she was relieved about since she wasn't a fan of someone being late, especially when it was that said person's suggestion and plan to meet up. She looked up when she heard his voice and gave a small smile and a slight shrug "I think punctuality can be a pretty good indicator of someones personality" she comment, before taking a sip of the beer he'd ordered for her. She wasn't the biggest fan of beer actually, but she didn't mind it.

"Well, it was the middle of the night. And your car had broken down too in such horrible weather. Not exactly conditions that leave someone in a normal state" she commented before he was asking about her two jobs, and she smiled when he brought up the sanctuary she worked at "The diner is just part time really. I work full time at the sanctuary, and I really enjoy my job there working with and caring for the animals. I find they're much easier to get along with as well as to understand than humans are. But the kind of work doesn't pay all too well. It's not like I aspire to be rich or anything, but unfortunately to survive in this society you need to make enough money to do so. That's why I work at the diner too" she commented.

Lucifer looked over the girl slightly, she did look attractive, for a mortal. And when she made the comment about punctuality he chuckled a bit. “You’ll have to forgive me. Time was never my strong suit, everything moves quite slow for me.” He informed her. Which was true, an eternal being was always around and well since the beginning of time, it had been a while.

He gave her a smile as she smiled, he learned with mortals a much more subtle way of flirting was to mirror the person slightly. Become excited when they were, and sad when they were, all of that deep crap. “Quite modest of you. Not to aspire to be rich I mean.” He said to her, “Money and sex are the only thing on most mortals minds.” He said without even thinking. He quickly tried to recover, “So animals? Like you said not a lot of money, but it must be rewarding, nursing them back to health and teaching them and all of that?” He asked her with a quick nod.

Hearing him comment on his own tardiness she shook her head a bit " it's fine, you weren't really that late" she commented with a shrug of her shoulders. She didn't care if someone wasn't exactly on time. It was more like when someone was over fifteen minutes that bothered her. "Besides, time going by slowly doesn't seems so bad. You're less likely to miss things that way" she commented, though of course didn't know that he wasn't human, let alone mortal.

Though at his use of that word she just raised her eyebrow curiously. Mortal? That certainly was a curiouse use of the word, but she just shrugged it off and let it go as he was soon changing the subject back to her work with the animals. "Yeah, it can be pretty hard sometimes when they first come to us, but yes, it is rewarding" she agreed. "Anways, we've been talking a lot about myself, when it's you who is the mysterious one" she commented.

Lucifer nodded his head, glas she wasn’t upset with him being a bit late. Humans did get mad over the most trivial things, so he was glad she was fine. Course the non humans got upset about many things as well. Some of his realms guard had quite the temper. But he would save those thoughts for another time.

He was glad she brushed over his use of the word mortal with just an eyebrow raise. Maybe worst case she’d think he was secretly a comic book nerd or something about those lines. But he let on a smile as she spoke of how rewarding work was. However when she asked of him his eyebrow raised. “What do you want to know?” He asked her, a bit curious himself to see what she wanted to know about him. “I tell you anything you want to know this evening.” He said with a sly smile as he supped from his beer bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back