• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Felix

Mood
Frustrated

Interact
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Mentions
None

Felix wasn't sure what to make of Dez, something about her, or the ways he smiled felt weird to him. She still was a lot nicer than The Jerk though so he didn't really mind. "The pancakes tasted great, I couldn't stop help himself to stop eating 'em. Kinda wish I did now." He put a hand to his mouth for a moment wiping off a little excess chocolate. He was mostly joking though, he was full but it wasn't like he made himself sick.

Yet at Dez' second line the kid looked a lot more sullen but annoyed for a moment, like a nerve was struck and both the wind was punched out of him, and yet he seemed more aggitated. "I dunno if I lucked out that much. Two seconds through the door and some 'Teenage-Jerk-Face' grabbed me and threatened me over the stupid TV! And I hadn't even said anything yet." Felix quietly exclaimed clearly frustrated, slamming his knuckles into the bed besides him in a venting punch, which bounced back up harmlessly. "If I hadn't just gotten here, I would've, I would've.. -just punched him in the jewels! ..twisted his arm back! Then- then forced him to shut up and say sorry!" Felix was as much saying that to fix his own ego than anything... But while some of this is clearly exaggerating, the kid clearly wasn't talking complete shit - especially given Dez' could see a pretty high-quality punching bag in the room, not the kind thing you give to a complete newbie. The little guy sitting before Dez' likely knew how to throw a pretty mean punch even at his size.

"...Sorry." He then apologised after ranting a bit looking down, then peaking up at the compliment of his room with a smile. "Oh thanks.." He then listened and heard a noise from Dez' before she asked the question about him wanting to be left alone. "...Not really... I just don't want to accidentally bump into that Jerk-Face again and get kicked out on day one."

Same jacket/hoodie and t-shirt combo as in photo.
MV5BYTA2NDY3NzktMzBhOS00NzFlLWJiMmQtNGU0MGI0NWIyYWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzYwNjU@._V1_.jpg
51CfGrAXOLL._AC_UX342_.jpg

2007e905d70078882ef241cc0f54eeb2--yellow-belt-black-belt.jpg
unknown.png

Asher
Miller
Distraught
https:///www.Asher-Miller.com/The Santa Monica Home

Asher Watched as Jack headed inside with Nate holding the door his heart sank a bit further seeing the expression on the twelve year old's face. As both the boys disappeared inside Asher turned and began walking towards the beach. He looked up at the sky as he walked letting out a blood curdling scream of anguish and anger. " Is this who you are Asher!! Is this who you want to be!" he screamed at the top of his lungs as his short walk led him to the beach. Kicking off his shoes he stood at the shore allowing the water to wash over his feet coming up to his ankles.

" You Just gotta push everyone away don't you?" he spoke flatly as he looked out to the water "To hell with how you make them feel or the pain you cause. As long as your safe right? as long as your good who cares? Well how ya feeling right now cause it certainly aint good?" Asher's stomach turned as he stood there questioning himself a few tears threatening to run down his cheeks but he pushed them back. He began to calm down a bit When suddenly the knot in his stomach began to rise before Asher knew what was happening he keeled over as his breakfast made a second appearance before quickly washing away into the ocean.

Asher felt weak as his body was overcome by a sudden sickness. He fell back into the sand his legs unable to support his weight any longer. "what the hell was that for?" he muttered Angrily as a wave of cool water washed over his entire body. His mind fluttered back to when Jack arrived at the house. Asher remembered seeing Mrs. Richardson leading him through the house as a smile imposed its self on Asher's face while he sat and watched Tv. He then remembered the previous few mornings as Asher sat eating his breakfast he would watch as the brown haired boy quietly slipped in trying to avoid attention he would serve himself and quietly eat alone. Asher remembered Smiling each of those times and the butterflies in his stomach. "oh man Asher you really screwed up this time didn't you?" He said as he forced himself to gather the strength to stand. His soaked clothes not making the task any easier as he slowly made his way back towards the house Damn Ash really? how are you gonna make this up to him? you can't that's how you made a complete ass out of yourself for no reason and now.... now you want to have feelings for him? give it up you lost its over. His internal debate grew louder the closer he got to the house he honestly felt defeated and he looked like it.
coded by reveriee.

Dez Hess
Interactions: Felix Gray

His face shifted and Dez honed in on him, eyes darting across the little pocks forming a larger picture of annoyance, piecing it together. And then he spoke and her brows shot up, for real this time, a faltered abortion she pushed through to leave her surprise clear across her face. She shuffled through the targets of who the hell would do that here and all she could come up with was… Asher, maybe? But that didn’t seem like him. Sure, he was a bossy asshole sometimes, but they’d never seen him threaten someone. And besides, after what she’d seen…

They pursed their lips before they twisted into a smirk as he told them what he would’ve done. It was cute, kinda. She waited for him to get through it, waited for his answer to her question, then nodded. Fuck. Was she really gonna do this? She was trying new things, right?

“You won’t get kicked out if you get smart about how you get back. I can help, if you want.” She knocks her head towards the stairs. “I’m gonna go get pancakes, but if you wanna come with me… Well, no one’s messed with me while I’ve been here. Maybe it’ll rub off?” And if it didn’t immediately, she could make sure it would.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Empathetic
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathan saw Jack repeat the words I'm fine several times but he wasn't buying it. That was not the face of someone who was fine and Nate knew what kind of a Jerk Asher could be. He knew this had to do with him. "Well you say that but you don't seem fine." He said continuing to walk backwards so he could keep an eye on the boy. Nate didn't know enough about this boy to know how to cheer him up but he was determined to do his best.​
Nathan thought for a moment as the two of them turned up the stairs Nates backward walking skills were surprisingly good. Walking backwards made conversations on the move easy as he could clearly see peoples lips. So he did it often and had gotten pretty good at it. "oh we don't have to talk if you don't want? We could just sit there? we could watch stuff on my tablet like hockey of something?" Nate offered up several options as they continued to walk hoping the boy would take him up on one of them. He looked over and saw Dez standing in the doorway of a previously unoccupied room looking past her he could see Felix sat on his bed. He made note of the location of Felix's room before continuing on. The determination to help Jack in some way never Faltering. He waited patiently for a response as they continued down the hall.​
coded by reveriee.

"Trust me, I'm fine kid," he said to Nathan, still making sure to avoid direct eye contact with him. Jack just kept walking on as Nate walked on trying to catch up with Jack and stay in front of him. "Is this kid gonna give it a rest?" Jack wondered in his head as he saw the kid walking backwards in front of him, as if Nate had eyes in the back of his head.

Jack rolled his eyes as he looked to the side as Nathan kept walking backwards in front of him, suggesting things they do together as Jack just walked on trying to ignore him a bit. Jack continued walking down the hall as Nate's determination did not seem to decrease at all. It was clear to the brown haired boy that the kid was not getting the hint to buzz off. "Look," he began, a bit of an annoyed tone in his voice, "I appreciate your concern but like I told you- I'm fine." He paused for a moment as he kept walking down the hall, "And there's no hockey game on until later tonight little dude," he said dismissively, "and besides, I prefer to watch those alone..." Jack sighed as he continued walking down the hall to get to his room, making sure not to look up at Nathan once as to avoid any eye contact with the boy. Jack hoped by now the kid would get the hint to go buzz off.

Last edited:
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Empathetic

Nathan was finding it quite hard to talk to Jack due to the boy's eyes being glued to the floor making it very hard to read the boys lips. Nate found himself sorta bending over and looking up at the boy as they walked in order to get anything he was saying though he could only catch some words leaving Nate to try and piece together rest of what Jack was saying. Nathan sighed heavily. " You know its kinda hard to know what your saying when you won't look at me right?" he paused for a moment " Like I cant hear and if I have to keep bending over like this to see your mouth im gonna hurt myself." Nate was beginning to get slightly annoyed at Jack's stubborn behavior and could even begin to tell that maybe he just wanted to be left alone but Nathan felt like he needed to do something to help.​
"it's not good to be alone all the time ya know? And I know Asher can be a bit of a butt head... but we aren't all like that... I'm not like that." Nathan thought for a moment before remembering something his therapist told him about sometimes empathy is the only way to get through to people who have put up walls. This time as he types his hands shook nervously. am I really about to talk about this? I barley know him. But he's hurting I can see it, if there is any chance it will help I have to try. Nate took a deep breath in as he finished his message and pressed the button for the Ipad to start reading the message. "ya know when my daddy died I remember feeling so alone like nobody in the world knew what I was going through or could help me. I felt like my whole world ended and I had no control over anything anymore. I was so sad and lost I didn't know what to do so I just stayed away from everyone and didn't talk to no one.... but that just made it worse. I don't know if thats why you don't want to be around people... I don't know if thats why you dont want to talk but if it is.... pushing everyone away isn't going to help... thats what Asher does and look at him."

Nathan stopped walking as they reached Jacks room and just stood their waiting to see what jack would do. Nathan wanted to help but if this didn't work he had no clue what would it was his last ditch effort, his hail marry and it was now up to Jack. So he just stood with an empathetic look on his face out of the way of Jacks door as to not impede his entry and he just waited
coded by reveriee.

Jack just rolled his eyes, becoming more and more irritated as Nate kept on following him. "Yea that was the point," he thought to himself, referencing why he was somewhat talking down and to the side out of view of the deaf boy.

Jack just gritted his teeth as he kept walking and Nathan kept speaking. Jack just stayed silent, suppressing his annoyance as Nate went on talking and expressing his concern for Jack. When they finally got to Jack's room, he paused and stopped right in his tracks. He turned around this time now facing Nathan directly. For the first time since Nate had been talking to him, Jack made eye contact with the boy. "Listen," he said softly, with a hint of irritation in his tone, "I'm fine alright? I told you that already. I don't need people like you coming over and worrying about me. J- just go play with someone else or something. I'm perfectly fine being alone, don't worry about me." He paused analyzing the now sad expression on the boy's face. He began speaking again, mouthing every world clearly, yet quietly, looking at Nate, "And listen, don't worry about what Asher did, I can handle myself. I appreciate your concern, but kindly- j- just..." Jack stopped himself, not being one to lash out and say something rude to some one. "N- nevermind," he said softly under his breath, frowning and shaking his head as he looked directly at the ground as he said this. With that, Jack looked back up at Nathan, gave him a simple singular nod of his head as he gave the boy a little army salute with his right hand as he bid him goodbye. He then entered his room, and closed the door from behind, leaving Nathan speechless outside of Jack's closed door.

Felix

Mood
Frustrated

Interact
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Mentions
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Felix can't went a little quiet, the twelve year old being pensive in his frustration. He wasn't sure what to do, he wasn't even sure if its as simple as being 'smart about it', if it happened again he knew he'd probably just lash out first before even realising. The boy's blood quickly running hot even thinking about it. Wouldn't be the first time that his knuckles were bruised and a fight had broke out before Felix had fully processed what had happened. Not that stirring in his own thoughts was going to help the situation either!
Yet after a few moments he looked up at Dez' standing in the doorway, clearly hungry and genuinely being supportive. Felix was frustrated but at least someone was trying to help. The boy pushed himself of the edge of the bed and got up. "Yeah- yeah okay. Lets do that." He replied nodding to Dez with this clearly uncertain tone to his voice. As Felix headed back to the door, he grabbed his helmet (black but with yellow lighting bolts stickered on it) slinging it under his arm, and hooked up his skates from the ground in passing. Not trusting leaving the most expensive things he owned just lying around like that.

As he exited to the hallway to head downstairs with Dez, closing the door to his room he peered Nate at the end of the hallway outside someone's door but he missed the 'conversation' (if you could call it that) on-route so had no idea what happened. Wasn't sure what to make of Nate, running around with that iPad and seeming pretty shy with strangers; or atleast that's what Felix guessed by how much Nate seemed to skittishly avoid him. Yet he just walked off with Dez' and as she made her down downstairs, followingly the towering teenager closely. "..Dez' you been here long? Like you said nobody messed with you so far? But like- that Ashjerk started stuff as soon as the foster lady left the room." Felix sounding friendly and a little curious, if also still shaken up about everything.

MV5BYTA2NDY3NzktMzBhOS00NzFlLWJiMmQtNGU0MGI0NWIyYWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzYwNjU@._V1_.jpg

unknown.png

Last edited:
Asher
Miller
Numb
  • outfit

Asher made his way back to the house having regained most of his strength along the way. He still felt a bit weak due to his stomach now being empty but he had no intention of replacing the lost food at the moment. He still felt tired and angry with himself after what happened and he had no clue where to go from here. His emotions heightened as he made his way across the basketball court his mind playing through his earlier interaction with Jack. He made his way inside feeling numb but the time he reached the door. Asher remembered this feeling of numbness from his past first when he arrived at the home for the first time and then every time a family would return him to the home through the years. Though the circumstances were different the feeling was the same. Alone, unloved, abandoned a culmination of emotions he hadn't felt in years and ones that when combined just felt Numb.

As he walked through the doors into the house Asher felt just like the seven year old kid he was when he first arrived. A feeling that terrified him as he knew the reckless actions that may follow. He walked into the Rec room his clothes still soaking wet making his way to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water. He then makes his way over to a chair in a corner and just sits there slowly drinking his water. An empty expression on his face.
coded by reveriee.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Frusterated/ Happy

Nathan became very frustrated as Jack spoke before going in to his room leaving Nathan just stood in the hallway alone. Fine be alone butthead see if I care. I'm just trying to be nice!! He basically yelled in his head as he just threw his hands into the air signifying him giving up. He stood there for a few moments before feeling as if someone was looking at him. He looked around to see who was there when his eyes spotted Felix and Dez heading down the hallway hmm must of been Dez lookin at me... Or was it Felix? Does it really matter? He chuckled a bit as his internal debate came to an end.

Nathan took off down the hall to catch up to Felix and Dez probably making a decent amount of noise as he did. His symptoms of "sickness" returning as he approached. Joining the two he placed himself to Felix's side giving a quick smile as he recovered from his short sprint man i haven't run this much in a long time he thought to himself "Hi Dez, Hi Felix" he waved to the pair as they walked. "Hey.... ummm Felix I...I wanted to Apologize for Asher being such a poophead earlier. Most of us aren't like that I promise." He giggled at the thought of the Ipad reading Poophead out loud.
coded by reveriee.

Evelyn

Mood
Foscused

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia kakemha kakemha

Mention
None

Evelyn nodded to herself as Miyako began explaining what the brightly covered book she was reading was - Though her attention was partly split holding a pencil to the sketchpap the entire time starting to sketch and add tiny details - like a number of cracks in the heavy armor on the crowned icy-prince figure, or slowly starting to draw the starting linework for the prince's short straight-styled haircut.

Yet Evelyn then blinked and came back to reality and looked to MIyako - and perhaps risking opening a flood gate she did have a curious glink. "I've not read that one, what's it about?" she questions wondering if she should add it to her fairly large to-read list. "But If its as good as you say, then I might have to pick up a copy. " She gave a small shrug and smile at that comment listening to whatever Miyako had to say.

Yet meanwhile as she listened, her eyes were drawn to the almost wet-rat that was Asher who just walked in. Ev' looking him up and down and then tapping her pencil on the page for a moment seemingly trying to use Asher as a model to make sure she got the correct sort of build for the Ice Prince,, even while the proportions and heights were being artistically stretched - she still wanted the drawing to bare accuracy to its inspiration.
The Ice Prince's armor getting erased and redrawn in areas, the metal plates scratched and dented like he'd been in a losing fight but now having a much more slim body-shape. Yet the newbie hero, also being sketched doesn't appear to have drawn his weapon - it still sheathed on his back denoting the damage wasn't caused by a different fight. The young hero being without much more than a less-than optimal leather curias for armor, one that only covered the vital parts of his upper chest leaving the rest simply the cloth of a hooded tunic. That the Ice-covered prince, despite being twisted and overpowering as it attacks the new hero, also appears to be a victim in this story as the lines showed scarring and injury besides the dents and breaks - them more like a animal lashing out with a scared expression despite clearly being in a position of power.

She then briefly looked up as to say something to Asher yet as he sipped his glass of water, looking like the life was sucked out of him she paused. Skipping a beat she then spoke. "You better not let Mrs Richardson see you like that Ash." She warned in a neutral tone, not judgemental, not authoritive just a distant-sounding warning. Ev then putting pencil to paper again and deciding to add extra details to her drawing, with the ice having a single drop of water dripping off it.

1626158675e2cc4034e27ca32a2c8b773d1990c3d6_thumbnail_600x.webp
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
p388539_2.jpg

Last edited:
As Jack closed the the door to his room behind him and went inside, he closed his eyes and sighed as he slumped down and sat with his back against his door. He could have sworn he heard Nathan's iPad speak out one last thing to him, but he couldn't be bothered to respond if it did. Jack sighed again as he looked up at the sky and then back down at his chest. The boy rubbed his temples with his hand as he sat on the floor of his room against his door. "What a crappy day..." the boy thought to himself. He sat in his own misery for a couple more minutes before slowly getting himself up off the floor and standing. Jack got himself up now standing, near the door, alone in his room. He walked over to his goal post and stick which he had thrown to the side as soon as he got into his room, and picked up the goal post and put it neatly away in one of the corners of his room. He then bent down to get his favorite hockey stick, the one he had been using outside before Asher had interrupted his practice session. He picked it up and held it in front of his face, analyzing the stick. Jack checked the stick up and down for damage. He checked the blade of the stick. It was a bit more worn down than Jack would have liked due to Asher aggressively dragging it across the rough concrete. He sighed as he shrugged his shoulders, knowing there was nothing he could do to fix his favorite hockey stick. "You had a good run buddy," Jack though to himself in his head as he referenced his hockey stick. The brown-haired haired boy took the hockey stick and walked over to his closest, where he put it away after propping it up in the back corner of the closet. He sighed as he closed the door. "It's ok Jack," he thought, "you have other sticks."

Jack checked the time on his digital alarm clock on his night stand. It was still early. The boy didn't know what he wanted to do with himself for the rest of the day, but he knew he was going to stay in his room all day and only come out for dinner. Jack remembered that there was a hockey game on at 7 p.m., but sighed as he realized that inevitably someone would be using the TV and he most likely couldn't watch his team play. He threw himself on his bed and laid down, thinking about all that had just went down. He frowned as he laid on his back, staring at the ceiling of his room, alone with his thoughts.

Dez Hess
Interactions: Felix Gray, Nathan Sharpe

The kid seemed upset for a moment and a wave of old annoyance swiped at her. Was it because of her? She hadn’t done shit. But then he nodded, a little unsure, and agreed to it, so at least she was getting what she wanted… right? She still didn’t really understand what was compelling her to be so friendly in the first place, but she couldn’t deny that she wanted to be around others at the moment which was… Weird. She’d never really had friends before, hadn’t particularly thought she wanted them, and now…

They took a step back so he could come into the hall, starting when they realized Nate was right there. It was the perfect opportunity to apologize. Her stomach grumbled. Priority taken, she told herself it would be easy enough to find him after breakfast. She started off towards the stairs, Felix right behind her.

It was a good thing he spoke up, because she would’ve just gone silent, honestly, but his words left her lips pursing. She nodded. “Not long like some of the kids, but a few months now. And he’s never done shit to me.” Her face crinkled in, an act almost in itself a defiance to home as she ran through everything she knew of Asher. She’d thought the other day she’d seen a hint of something beyond assholery, but maybe she’d been wrong. Maybe he was just an asshole.

In the end, she didn’t have to worry about catching Nathan later—There he was, easy as anything. Except now he was apologizing for whatever Asher had done. Her face scrunched as she started down the stairs, almost entirely hop. She turned despite the risk of falling flat on her face at high speeds so she could look at Nathan directly as she asked, “What exactly did Asher do?”

Asher
Miller
Content
  • outfit

" oh what do I care if she does" Asher's voice replied plainly to Evelyn's comment. He continued to sit there for a few moments allowing himself to recover from earlier events. Sat there with his head leaned back eyes closed he slowly began to feel more like himself. "I probably deserve whatever punishment she'd give me anyways" he stated resuming the conversation that had taken place several minutes prior. "how do I fix this?" he muttered to himself as he sat there.

Asher pulled out his phone very happy that most phones were waterproof nowadays. He did a quick search finding a schedule for hockey games and say there would be one on later tonight. He smiled " well thats a start at least." Asher figured if Jack was anything like his ex watching his favorite sport was sure to cheer him up a little. "Hey just so you guys know if your in here past seven tonight your watching a hockey game." Asher's voice taking a clearly Authoritative tone signaling he was not going to argue about it. Asher then proceeded to search around the internet a little further before putting his phone to his ear making a call.

"hi yeah I was wondering if you repair hockey sticks?..... Yea yea I think the blade needs replaced.... how much does it cost?.... oh ummm whatever the best one is.... yeah okay umm I don't know when but ill be in at some point..... Thanks you too." Asher hung up the phone throwing his head back a small smile appearing on his face.
coded by reveriee.

Felix

Mood
Frustrated (but feeling mildly better)

Interact
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix did feel a 'tiny' bit better having an older kid like Dez' with him, not because he was scared but well- He didn't really know just some comfort in having someone on his side he guessed after feeling pretty alone in the main hall, nobody intervening or speaking up when Asher did his shit. Speaking of he did listen to Dez' words closely as she replied though it almost just made him more annoyed, cause now it felt like he'd been personally targeted instead of him being a Jerkhead to everyone.

Yet before Felix had a good chance to respond they had Nathan at their back who was following them down, again speaking via the iPad. He looked pretty tired out already. Though admittedly hearing the digital and proper British voice say "Asher being such a poophead" did immediately lead to Felix immaturely laughing for a few made moments, repeating it to himself as the group made their way down he stairs. The laughter and the words of the groups conservations starting to become distantly audible to the kids in the quiet adjoining rooms as the trio made their way to the lower-landing.

"Kinda seems like he just hates me, for like no reason!" Felix replied with this just confused exhaustion to Dez' as the laughter subsided, not looking in Nate's direction as he says this - unaware of the whole deafness issue. Yet he did turn around to face Dez' and by extension Nate when she asked what he did. Felix let out a loudly sigh and began to explain, doing a soft re-enactment. "I literally just got to the room, the boss lady introduced me, told everyone to play nice. She then left. And as some of the others were saying hello he just came over and held out his hand like this." Felix mimicking at this point using Nathan in his place, but putting himself up as far up on tiptoes as she physically could trying to play the role of the older kid.(Not that it really helped, just briefly evening him and Nate out) "He then grabbed my arm like this and pulled me towards him." Again Felix doing the same with Nate but putting barely any force on it. "Then he just started leaning in and threatening me, telling me he was in charge, to stay away from his TV, and I better know my place and he didn't want to be friends... Even though I didn't say anything!? Then he just pushed me towards the kitchen, and said he was going outside." Felix didn't mimic this last part just letting go his loose hand on Nathan.

Felix sighing again as he waited for Dez' reaction, standing there in the lower hallway landing. "But like I know if I fought back and kicked him or something, I would be the one getting in trouble and he'd probably get off free..." Felix said with the kind of tone that clearly implied he knew this was the case, the kind of mentality from a kid who has clearly gotten into a few playground scraps and gotten unfair blame pinned on him before by unobservant teachers. All this did kind of make Felix feel a little better getting to retell that to Dez' and all helping to vent his frustrations...

unknown.png

Last edited:
\
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Frustrated/ Happy

Nathan got a bit more nervous as Felix acted out what Asher had done. It seemed Felix grabbing onto him had made the symptoms stronger. His ears were a bright pink from the moment Felix had pulled him closer. "Asher would have gotten in trouble for starting it. and trust me him getting in trouble is nothing new." The Ipad spoke in response to Felix's final thought. "Mrs. Richardson always tries to make sure that the right people get in trouble for things." Nathan stated as the three continued down the hallway. "I just wish he wouldn't be so mean all the time.... but I think he's rougher with the boys.... Sure he's rude to the girls and stuff but I haven't ever seen him do the same stuff to them that he dose to us boy. After he was done with you he went outside and was a jerk to someone else. Whats his problem?"

Nathan actually began to get a bit Aggravated as he talked about how Asher act even very lightly Balling his fist. Anger was not an emotion that Nathan liked to have and he certainly did not like it invading his body at the moment but he just couldn't seem to help it thinking about the way Asher acted to all the other boys at the home.... But especially thinking about how he had treated Felix. Nathan Closed his eyes for a moment taking a deep breath he let his hand fall open as a smile returned to his face. It wasn't long before the party of three reached the rec-room Nathan happily held the door open for the other two. "Ladies first!" he said motioning both through with a giggle.
coded by reveriee.

Asher
Miller
Nervous
  • outfit

Asher sat quietly for a few more minutes he was perfectly content to keep doing so as well. But he knew he had some work to do if he was ever going to have a chance at fixing things. He sighed getting up from his chair a bit more dry now he quickly washed out his glass and placed it in the drying rack and heading for the door. As he reached the door it flew open and he saw Dez, Felix, And Nathan. He quickly squeezed through the door "sorry...Excuse me." his words fell heavy probably being one of the first times either of the longer standing residents had heard them come from Asher's mouth. Given that Jack had brought his Hockey stuff inside and the fact that the boy pent most of his time in there it was easy to assume that jack would be in his bedroom.

He made his way up the stairs quickly stopping in his room he grabbed a small pouch of tools and turned to leave stopping at the door. He turned back to his bed reaching under his pillow and pulled out a small ratty teddy bear which he promptly stuffed under his shirt before continuing on his way. Finally reaching Jack's room he paused for a moment taking deep breath trying to calm his growing nerves. "you got this, you can do it" he muttered quietly to himself. After another few moments he gently knocked on the door. After not receiving an answer he knocked again just a little louder. " J...jack... Jack it's uhh its Asher." his voice cracking a little as he gently announced his presence. "look I know I am probably the last person you want to talk to right now... and I.. I cant blame you for that. And if you wanted to punch me or kick me... well I could understand that to. But please can you just hear me out? I'm not going away until you talk to me." his voice shaking more the more he spoke. He rested his forehead on the door awaiting a response from the boy.
coded by reveriee.

Jack had been sitting on his bed alone for the past few minutes, staring up at his feelings and thinking about life. He was surprised to be disturbed by an unexpected soft knock. "God damn it who is it this time?" the boy wondered to himself as he heard another louder knock. He couldn't believe the voice and the words that he would be hearing next. It was Asher of all people, but a much different sounding Asher from before. Jack promptly rocketed himself upwards as he now sat up on his bed, his eyes wide and his heart beating a bit. "What the hell?" Jack wondered, "It can't be!" he thought, not being able to believe that he was in fact hearing Asher's voice outside of his door. Yes, the kid who had just bullied him and harassed him just an hour ago was now at Jack's door trying to make amends. It all seemed so impossible to the young brown haired boy. Jack just closed his eyes and shook his head quickly with disbelief.

As Jack perked up and sat up on his bed, he listened to Asher's shaky pleas outside of his door. "Is this some kind of sick joke?" Jack wondered in his head. He thought for sure this must be some sort of crooked prank that the boy was playing to further harass him. Jack wasn't planning on being Asher's toy for the rest of his time at the home, and was cautious to take the other boy's words as truthful and genuine. "Do I respond?" Jack asked himself in his head. He went silent for a few minutes, debating with himself internally whether he should dignify Asher with an answer or ignore him as to not fall pray to a sick trick. Jack was a bit angry that Asher had the nerve to come up to his room and disturb him, and ask for forgiveness. "Asshole," the boy thought to himself as he rolled his eyes. He decided to remain silent and ignore Asher's words, hoping maybe the boy would get the hint and give up trying to talk to him and leave to go off somewhere else.

Asher
Miller
A Mess?

No response Asher expected as much but he sure as hell wasn't about to give up that easy. Asher took a moment to ponder what was next admittingly a few tears welling up in his eyes yet again threatening to run down his cheeks. "I'm still here man.... I'm not going away...please." Asher's words chocking in his throat as he tried to speak. Taking another few deep breaths in he managed to continue his words soft and hesitant. " Look I know you don't owe me anything... and you have no reason to trust me... b...but please I'm not here to screw with you." his ability to speak began to fail him again this time however his legs decided to contribute to the situation and he could feel himself struggling to stand. Asher turned his back to the door allowing himself to slide down it until he reached the floor where he scooted over slightly to lean against its frame.

"Okay...okay you don't want to talk I get it.... I wanted to do this face to face but I guess this is going to have to work. Just please listen...hear me out... I.. I am so sorry for how I treated you... I'm sorry for how I treat everyone but this is about you... I shouldn't have done any of that... I shouldn't have taken your stick I shouldn't have wrecked it... I shouldn't have threatened you... I was a total ass and... and I am sorry okay?... you don't owe me forgiveness and I wouldn't blame you if you hated me forever but I... I just hope you can forgive me and maybe in time I can make it up to you..." by the end Asher's voice was so shaky it was barley understandable. He sat quiet for a few moments catching his breath and gathering his thoughts tears now forcing their way from his eyes stinging his cheeks as the fell.

" I... I just... I push people away its what I do... I guess I figure if they hate me they cant hurt me... but I never stopped to consider what I was doing to them... what pain I was causing others... I know... I know it's no excuse but I just wanted you to know something of where I'm coming from... I'm... I'm just soo tired of being hurt by the people I love... So I just keep myself from loving anyone...." by this point tears were steadily running down Asher's face the world around him grew burry and his strength to continue speaking was gone he fell silent sitting outside Jack's door nothing but the occasional sniffle from his now running nose to break the silence.
coded by reveriee.

Jack rolled his eyes as it soon became clear to him that maybe Asher wasn't going to leave him alone so easily. He remained as Asher kept talking with him, and kept pleading with him, trying to convince him otherwise that this wasn't a prank and that he was being serious. Jack didn't buy the charade.

Jack remained silent, but listened to every single one of Asher's words. He heard all of Asher's apologies, but crossed his arms, still not willing to forgive the bully for what he had done to him unprovoked just earlier outside. Jack remained on his bed, listening to Asher but purposely ignoring him to express his anger to the boy outside of his door. Eventually, Jack had assumed Asher was done as after the stream of apologies came a brief moment of silence. Jack sighed quietly as he assumed this was the end of the encounter.

The boy was surprised to hear that Asher had more to say and was still outside of his door. But this time, Asher's words had a different affect on Jack. Where the previous words of apologies from Asher were met with silence, a furrowed brow, disbelief, and irritation from Jack, the words after the brief moment of silence after Asher's apologies had a new affect on the boy's feelings.

Jack's expression of irritation on his face turned to a face that showed wide eyes and a closed mouth, clearly interested and somewhat moved by the words he was hearing. Jack, who was sitting up on his bed, slowly moved a little closer to the edge of his bed that was closest to his door. He now sat on the left side of his bed, his feet hanging down, as he listened to Asher speak. Jack was surprised to hear the boy outside of his door practically break down and open up to him. "What? Why me? Why is this guy opening up to me?" Jack wondered, many thoughts and questions racing around in his mind. Maybe Asher WAS truly sorry. These words, unlike the previous ones, seemed genuine to Jack. The boy also could have sworn he heard some sniffling from outside of his room. "Is Asher crying?! Jack asked himself in disbelief. Jack once again sat in silence, but this time to let himself gather his thoughts, rather than with the intention of ignoring Asher. With thoughts racing all around Jack's mind, he decided to speak to Asher for the first time on his own accord.

"W- why me?" Jack said aloud softly, "Why are you all of a sudden opening up to me like this? W- what's your deal? Are you a bully or-? What are you?" Jack said, his emotions running high, he himself barely able to form sentences and pick the right things to say. Jack wondered what this kid's deal was. Maybe he wanted something from Jack? The boy was very confused in regards to Asher's true intentions.

Miyako's eyes lit up when Evelyn asked about the book."Basically the book is told through pages of a notebook father than chapters, and it follows that main character, Yōzō, and how he navigates life and such." She briefly explained, pronouncing the Japanese names perfectly, but she did not wanting to bore her with book talk, but also because she noticed that Evelyn was focused on her sketch, so she didn't want to break her concentration. "The book is pretty old, but it's still pretty popular today, so finding a copy shouldn't be that hard to find." She told Evelyn, which was true, walking around town sometimes she saw bookstores with the book. Miyako got a warm feeling every time she saw her country represented, it was nice to see parts of her home country displayed somewhere she feel like she didn't belong. Instead of opening her book back up, she leaned forward slightly as her eyes landed on Evelyn's sketchbook. "It looks very beautiful." She complimented the sketch of a crowned man on the page. "Thanks for keeping me company by the way." She thanked Evelyn. Even though she hated being alone, she usually was alone most of the time, since she isn't very outgoing, so it was nice that she was keeping her company.

Asher
Miller
A Mess?

Asher was surprised when he heard Jack respond. He was beginning to think that this whole thing had no chance at success. But a small glimmer of hope was restored as the boy's soft voice came from behind the door. It took Asher a couple of minutes to compose himself enough to respond. The boy's questions repeating in his head. They were all very valid but Asher wasn't quite sure he had the answers to all of them or if he did if he could share them. taking a deep breath in Asher prepared his response despite not feeling any better he managed to make his voice a lot more composed than it had been moments before. "huh... I don't know to be honest I didn't plan to say half of what I said but it all just came out. I Hurt you and when I saw the look in your eyes for the first time... I guess I realized that all these years when I was trying to protect myself I was really hurting other people... I think on some level I knew it but it just never clicked..." Asher took a moment to breath. As he pondered the next question.

"I... I don't know I guess I probably am a bully I sure seemed like one earlier... I don't want to be tho... I guess I'm just... Broken just some broken and forgotten kid Returned like a broken toy by all the people who said they would take care of me." Asher breathed in a heavy breath yet again this time in defiance of his body's desire to cry again. "I guess I got treated like I was disposable and told I wasn't worth anything enough times that I believe it so I just started only caring about myself."
coded by reveriee.

Jack tilted his head towards the direction of his door to better pick up Asher's voice, as now the boy was interested in what Asher had to say. He raised one eyebrow over the other as he listened and waited for a response. Jack stayed silent as he let Asher get out all that he needed to say. Jack could tell it was difficult for the boy to say these things and admit these difficult feelings to him. Jack heard everything Asher had to say, but he couldn't help but still feel a little bit angry considering the events that had transpired outside.

When Asher was done speaking, Jack decided it was his turn to respond, "S- so then why?" Jack asked, "Why did you do it? What you did outside there.... I- I wasn't harming anyone... I was just staying out of everyone's way- off doing my own thing. I wasn't bothering you...." He took a moment to gather himself as he sadly delivered those words. "This is why I don't talk to people..." Jack muttered very softly under his breath looking down at his feet.

Jack rolled his eyes, "You're not gonna be a sucker for this sob story are you?" he asked himself in his head. He was feeling conflicting emotions. On one hand, he was justifiably mad at Asher for treating him the way he did outside, but the other part of Jack, the kind, compassionate, and loving secret side of Jack, couldn't help but feel bad for the kid and sympathize with him to an extent. He sighed as he felt overwhelmed by all of these conflicting thoughts and emotions.

Asher
Miller
A Mess?

" I...I don't know why... Jack I wish I could answer that question for you. but I just don't have an answer for it." Asher struggled to come up with words thinking what to say next. Knowing he could still screw this up. But that couldn't happen, he couldn't let that happen. If he screwed this up now he might as well just forget everything and keep going on how he had the last seven years of his life. "your right you weren't doing anything to me... Or to anyone and there was no reason for what I did... That's just the thing there was no reason... I just do things without thinking just because I can. Never considering whether I should or not..." Asher's voice trailed off.

Then the last statement made by Jack flew to the front of Asher's mind and stuck. "and Jack... I know I just gave you every reason to believe that just staying out of peoples way and not talking to them is the way to go... But please listen to me if you get nothing else from us talking if you decide to hate me for the rest of your life just please listen to me on this... You can't go through life like that. You need people in your life that you ca talk to... even if its just a few... If you push everyone away you'll just end up like me and trust me you don't want that.... I'm a mean, lonely, bitter, worthless shell of a human... you don't want my life... You have to let people in before it's to late"

By now Asher's tears had left and for the second time today he just felt numb. His body weak and exhausted and his emotions just so overwhelmed that he couldn't feel anything. Asher pulled the small ratty teddy bear out from under his shirt and just held it in front of him starring at it while quietly mumbling "you don't want to be me"
coded by reveriee.

As he listened on to Asher speaking, he put his left hand under his chin and rubbed it, seemingly deep in thought. He stayed silent as he let Asher finish what he had to say, sometimes giving him time to pause between thoughts. He crossed his arms and sighed as Asher spoke, Jack still understandably pissed off from before.

But Asher's next bit caught his attention even more. Jack scratched his chin in thought as he listened to Asher's advice to him. When he was finished, he rolled his eyes. "Listen.... A- Asher was it?- Whatever...." he said rolling his eyes, as he could care less if he remembered the kid's name correctly, "You don't understand," he said softly, "I don't need people," he said raising his voice a bit more so Asher could hear that bit clearly. "I'm not you... I don't need people, all people do are abuse you and annoy you. I prefer living in my own world, I- I don't get what you don't understand. I'm fine and I certainly don't need your pity or sympathy." Jack sighed as he waited a brief moment before speaking again, "Now j- just go.... leave me alone... just stop worrying about me.... I don't even know you....." he said frowning and looking down, a bit of an irritated look returning to his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back