• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sanctuary of Healing| OOC, Lore, and Character Sheets

Link Nightingale

Teller of Tales
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Blue Rabbit Guild, while not one of the fanciest Guilds in the kingdom of Kaho, was rich in the ways of rumors, the most popular being of a quest that never got chosen. It was a simple quest, made by a person whose name was long forgotten due to the age of the request. The poster wanted information and a request to bring anything back about the rumored Sanctuary of Healing deep within the forest that lay beyond the city in what the locals called the 'Wield.' An unforgiving place where any seasoned adventurer wouldn't dare set foot in, because of the high-ranking monsters that were said to be lurking in the wood and because the place was said to be haunted by a ghost.

Long ago before the monsters made their home there, a great battle had occurred between the fledging kingdom of Kaho and its neighbor Lruol that left thousands dead in a final clash against good and evil, the hero, who was loved by all, made his last stand there to win the war and bring peace to the land. However, it was all for naught, seeing as the hero died during the final battle.

Part of the rumors that surrounded the Wield was that in the heart of it, where the hero had fallen, a small sanctuary had been built to honor the hero and offer aid to those who were in need, and the caretaker there was able to heal any wound or illness. It wasn't until years later when the stronger monsters started to make their appearance and people stopped venturing into the Wield, that rumors spread of the Sanctuary being found there that was cared for by a mysterious young man to those who have foolishly somehow made their way through and lived to tell the tale, who not only healed them but protected a corpse that refused to rot, that was protected by roses and thorns.

====================
Layout and appearance of the inside of the Guild:

48db5ac05cdbf52c834856f0700ed0aa.jpg

For Character Sheets, it's nothing fancy so here is a blank one to give a bit of an outline :)

Full Name:
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Parents:
Siblings:
Hobbies:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Character Background:

==========================

Warren Nightingale

==========================
f80d3393cf9ee137da63822b57527845.jpg

Full Name: Warren Nightingale

Birth: Sometime in late summer.

Height: 5’8

Weight: 196 pounds

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Green

Parents: Unknown

Siblings: Unknown

Hobbies: Baking, Woodcarving, reading, and gardening

Likes: Animals, a good book, and to people’s horror, a good walk through the Weild.

Dislikes: People who treat others unfairly and olives.

Strengths: Loyal, Brave, Kind, also his healing magic.

Weaknesses: Talking to people since it’s been a very long time since anyone has visited the sanctuary.

Character Background:

Not a lot is known about Warren, given that he has never left the Weild in the twenty-five years of his life after taking the role as the Sanctuarty's caregiver after the passing of the old priest, even though the locals of the Elda, the village were the Blue Rabbit and where the Weild is located, know him as the Ghost since he sometimes unknown to him, has been spotted in his walks. For some reason, however, the monsters in the Weild never attack him, almost like...he wasn't even there.

Screenshot_20230426-200432-055.png
Full Name: Lightbloom Duskwhisper
Birth: a Spring morning when the sun was rising
Height: 6'
Weight: 200
Hair: black
Eyes: blue
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Duskwhisper
Siblings: one sister
Hobbies: drawing, painting, playing stringed instruments
Likes: watching the sunset, pretty girls, being at peace with himself and others
Dislikes: bullies, power hungry rulers, others who take advantage of those less fortunate.
Strengths: magic, longsword, short sword, longbow, shortbow, crossbow
Weaknesses: easily distracted by the promise of information.
Character Background: Lightbloom grew up with his younger sister Darkbloom and two parents. Somehow, he became the favorite child even though he never wanted to be part of the favorite child game. He would do his best to include Darkbloom in everything he did, but it wasn't enough. One day dark flew into a rage and nearly destroyed the whole elf city. Lightbloom lost some of his really good friends that day, and after he properly mourned and buried them, set out to track his sister down to see exactly what went wrong and to make amends even though she was responsible for the deaths of his friends. He arrived at this one town and decided to take all the old quests that were on the board, hoping maybe one of them would lead him to Darkbloom but so far none of them have.

Angus The Giant

67969b0d8dcaccea5ad9569afd9c3f65.jpg

Full Name: Angus Norwood
Birth: A Festive Winter, Night.
Height: 7 ft 9
Weight: 510 lbs
Hair: Redhead

Parents: Lawrence and Gretel Norwood. Both are farmers.

Siblings: His sister Hilde Norwood. She is a hunter, who is soon to inherit her parent's farmstead.

Hobbies: Fighting, Wrestling, Drinking, Camping, Cooking, Hiking, Fishing, Reading

Dislikes: The Treacherous, Disloyal ,the Cowardly, Lack of Discipline, Impulsiveness, Using the bow

Strengths

Size:
Sometimes called "Angus the Giant", Angus is freakishly large for a "human", with some rumoring the blood of his namesake runs through his veins. By extension, he is very hard to move for those smaller than him. And as fierce as a bear to wrestle as a result -- particularly when in armor. His reach is oppressive to some in battle and he can use proportionately larger weapons with greater ease and nimbleness.

Strength: Angus freakish size and lifestyle of often hard work makes him very strong. Combined with training, he soon honed his skill as a warrior.. He is capable of driving weapons into hardened armor, decapitating large beasts and can clean through several men in one swing.

Iron Will: Fairly used to pain and hardship, Angus can endure a great. While still vulnerable to control of his mind, his resistance allows him to influence his movements even when under the control of supernatural or normal influences. He also has a high tolerance to pain.

His ability to press on increases in the presence of other allies.

Survival: Angus can live fairly self sustainably with enough supplies. He can Hunt, prepare meat, forage fruits, create fires, crude shelters and navigate.

Weapons and Equipment
  • Shield: A large shield made of a sturdy, elven wood. Sturdy, but not unbreakable. It is coated in scale to prevent ease of ignition. And features a metallic center which can be used to deflect and parry blows.
  • Claymore: A large sword made of sturdy metal and taller than some people. Angus can wield this as though it fairly well with only one hand.
  • Great Knife: A versatile tool and weapon. Made of fine steel.
  • Axes: At one point, Angus was made fun of by his sister for his appearance lack of relative dexterity. He has difficulty in drawing a bow. Thus it is that he chose to master the thrown axe instead. The axes he carry are both designed to be able to be used as a melee weapon and to be thrown. They are durable, can be retrieved and can be easily reused. Albeit not rapidly.
  • Armor: Possess a helmet, gauntlets and mostly mail armor worn beneath his cloak.
  • Fur Cloak: For keeping warm.
Wrestling: Angus is a fairly skilled wrestler, able to bring most or multiple individuals to the ground. Or even wrestle to various degrees with fairly large beasts. Truly gigantic monsters are most often "scaled" or held onto. In which case he can avoid various appendages.

Weaknesses

Grevious Wounds:
Angus suffered a grievous injury at the hands of a dire-bear, in which he shoved his arm into it's maws. Even with the healing of his bones, he still yet cannot do much more than twitch his fingers. And these wounds show no sign of healing. His broken arm makes climbing anything more than knee high difficult. At best, he can often hang on a ledge. Or simply throw others.

This also makes him very much functionally not at his full strength, only being able to use a single arm. Which he seeks to heal.

Size: A double edged sword, his size can in some situations prove to be his undoing. His size impedes his agility and make him less graceful when traveling and traversing uneven terrain. Evasive maneuvers often amount to a quick step or running. Even when capable of climbing as he often likes to do, he cannot do so swiftly. His size also renders him obviously incapable of of fitting into small spaces.

His size can only serve him so much against larger things. And finally, it makes him a larger target.

Mundane: Angus has no magic of his own and few, if any inherit defenses to it. He only has own experience to off. Which amounts to combatting simple, visible spells through what amounts to different tactics, depending on what the foe has in hand. He only has so much understanding of it, and has to tackle it on a case by case basis.

Tribal: The Mercenary's mentality tends towards a loyalty to those who are his friends, allies and loved ones. But this can also make him prone to disregarding his enemies, opposition and those outside of his social sphere completely. This can also make Angus susceptible to those who are charismatic or kind to him, but are unkind to others. It can even get him to look the other way for things he otherwise might consider bad or even evil. And biases him heavily. This can make him easy to manipulate and send against people who he does not know -- especially if they look capable of defending themselves.

Sacrificial and Overprotective: Angus can be overbearingly protective to his loved ones and allies. He can be eager to do things for people even if they do not want or truly need his help. And he can be irritatingly controlling.

While oft said to be of level head, he can be quick to rush into traps if an ally is in danger. He can at times, act with both little caution and little hesitation.

Character Background

Angus is the youngest son of two farmers who'd owned a modest plot of land. His parents were the ironically short and stout Lawrence Norwood. And the mother was a kind and yet stern taskmaster Gretel Norwood. He has one elder sister, Hilde Norwood. He got along well with his family. His mother and father taught him much of what he knows on how to live off the land and they had shown Angus a great deal of love. He got along well with his sister too, who teased him but was not of mean spirit. She was known for the strength of her back, as well skill with the bow and with the spear. And soon became the familiy's greatest hunter.

It would not be too soon however, before Angus' family began to notice that he would tower over them greatly.

Angus grew and grew to be the largest boy they had ever seen. Not too soon after, he would tower over his neighbors as well. With work, he grew wide as well. And soon was well proportioned to be known as a giant. He would gather sometimes to play with the children. And when he grew old enough, he too would hunt on occasion. He spent much of his day working. Few however could work like Angus -- who'd a strength as a teenager to rival that of an oxe. His life had been fairly peaceful and almost at times even boring. Yet he could hardly claim to want for anything. It seemed almost an appealing prospect to him for him to inherit his family's farm with his sister. One which he himself and his sister learning to run from his mother and father.

All would change one day when distant ships were seen over the horizon. And with little warning of their less than peaceful neighbors.

Raiders tore through their landscape and gave little time to react. And thus Angus and his family were forced to flee, abandoning most of their possessions. And their land. They would flee and hide until they were sure they'd no longer be pursued. Yet despite their safety, they'd look back and see only fire. And in returning to what was once their home, they saw just as they had feared.

It was the day of his return that a fear and bitter within Angus, turned into an inner fire as fierce as his wild read hair.

Angus and most of his family would soon leave to work for another farm in a distant land -- nearer to a city.Their master was not so kind Angus' father. Soon, the boy had become a man. And he decided to set upon on another path. The path of the mercenary, not too dissimilar from those who'd raided him long ago. And indeed, he sought to amass funds to go and learn of the land who plundered him. And return onto them what he had done to them. Mercenaries were all too eager to have the large and unskilled Angus. And turn him into a sharpened blade. One with which they could use to raid, ravage and plunder landscapes from afar.

In his exploits however, Angus found himself grievously wounded. And his arm inert. His allies sought to tell him to retire early. And seek other means of employment. And to return to his family Yet he was far too stubborn to take them at their word, for better or worse.

Thus he seeks now a mythical sanctuary which promises a healing he can find nowhere else, guarded by both monsters and dangers of which he knows little.

Last edited:
warrior.jpg

Full Name: Estrid Olafsdottir

Birth: A warm mid-autumn evening

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 126 lbs

Hair: Light brown

Parents: Helga and Olaf

Siblings: A younger sister, Sigrid, and two older brothers, Tor and Argus

Hobbies: Painting, metalworking, 'potion' making (alchemy), singing

Dislikes: The colour purple, judgemental people, and injustice/

Strengths: Swordsmanship, her loyalty, naivety, and her bravery.

Weaknesses: Strategy, naivety, and knowing her own limits when her family are involved.

Character Background:
Estrid grew up with her older brothers teaching her the ways of the sword, as their father taught them. When her sister was born, she learned that she couldn't be as rough with the smaller, more frail, girl. Instead, she took up metalworking and alchemy to make her younger sister things to protect her, metal jewellery, and concoctions that would heal the younger woman's illnesses. Estrid was close with all of her siblings, but her younger sister most of all. She felt a duty to protect the child, and this duty is what lead her to leave home. Her younger sister was ill, and the healers said there was nothing they could do. Her younger sister would eventually pass on. Estrid had tried every herbal remedy she could think of. Nothing worked. One night, she received a vision of a far off location, a forest bordering a kingdom, an image of a Blue Rabbit, and finally, a large building in which a being had been fully healed. Estrid asked her parents for information before asking permission to seek this place out for the sake of her sister. With the permission granted, Estrid left her village to go on what seemed to be an impossible quest. She knew there would be danger, but the life of her sister trumped her fear. She had to do this. For Sigrid.

<3 All your characters. Does anyone have any questions or anything they would like to see in the roleplay?

Oddly, not much from me that I can think of atm. Mostly I like to be surprised and have a variety of tasks/challenges thrown my way. So I think I'm happy with mystery, monsters and whichever personal stuff pops up.

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

I'll try my best, most of my monster knowledge might come from what I've read or games that I've played, but you guys are more than welcome to throw monsters/encounters out as well.

Most of my monster knowledge is from Dungeons and Dragons / Vampire the Masquerade.... Huge TTRPG nerd here. Oh, and some from mythology!

I used to play DnD but one of the people I was playing with was a co-worker who soon turned into a boss. Soo, we kind of disbanded. 🙃

That sucks. Try online games! There's tonnes out there since Covid shut everything down!

Null.pngFull Name: Adana Izanai
Birth: Late Summer
Height: 5'6ft / 168cm
Weight: 117lb / 53kg

Hair color: Titanium White
Eye color: Silver

Parents:
Mr. Ogari Izanai - Alive
Mrs. Elisa Izanai - Deceased

Hobbies:

• Sewing artistic handkerchiefs
  • Lute playing
  • Gardening
  • Archery
Strengths:
1. Stealthy - Adana, personality wise is a reserved fellow. Not much of a vocal character, with little to no additional comments. Able to appear and disappear mid conversations. This also extends outside conversations as this also applies to sneaking around, footsteps barely heard.
2. Sharp eye - Talented with the bow and arrow. She has taken archery as her default self-defense art. Marking decent shots is much like pulling the strings of a lute.
3. Studious - Efficient with studying the books and their pages. Adana does not falter in the presence of overwhelming intellectual tasks. Need a book read cover to cover with complete understanding? Let Adana do her magic.

Weaknesses:

1. Melee Combat - Despite her proficiencies. Melee Combat was not one of them.
2. Sleepless - To be at the top of the class. Sacrifices are made a good night's sleep is what she chose. Can go hours of work but with an overextension of her industriousness can lead to the following side effects like Clumsiness, weaker magic, and body sleeping out of nowhere.

Character Background:
To be added soon.

Last edited:
Thank you, I really kinda don't know what kind of magic is practically used anywhere and I may have to ask about that. Plus Adana is a fairly new guild member who is a bit unaware she is getting herself into.

I apologize for the delay in getting a starter and such up, I just got a new pair of glasses earlier today and I've been trying to adjust.
Confused GIF by bluesbear

For Magic Uses, I would say, go with what you feel comfortable with, need a wand? Go for it. Chantless or Chant Casting etc? Go for it :) For Warren, he can do chantless magic, or even by touch, it all depends on the situation.

I apologize for the delay in getting a starter and such up, I just got a new pair of glasses earlier today and I've been trying to adjust.
Confused GIF by bluesbear

For Magic Uses, I would say, go with what you feel comfortable with, need a wand? Go for it. Chantless or Chant Casting etc? Go for it :) For Warren, he can do chantless magic, or even by touch, it all depends on the situation.
Yes, my character will have a wand to cast simple magic fireballs and small push spells. To cast bigger and more powerful magic she'll have to acquire a magic staff.

Yes, my character will have a wand to cast simple magic fireballs and small push spells. To cast bigger and more powerful magic she'll have to acquire a magic staff.

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF
Sounds good to me, I'll be posting the starter here soon. I just got off work and want to get some food into me xD

Looking forward to it!

One thing I might add to suggestions is, I'm also fine with non-combat encounters. And I really, genuinely like writing combat genuinely. But I am down to do other things and like a mix.

I suck at writing combat myself, but I don't have any trouble getting things set up for combat which is rather strange @.@ I do have the starter finished, here is to hoping that my connection is on when I get home.

We've been having a lot of storms lately so it's kind of hit and miss.

Same with the storms. Had some brownouts a few days ago and a blackout to boot. My internet is in fact out and has been out for 3 days now. I'm writing from my phone using 4G Data lol. Swapping providers though so I should have it back by tomorrow ish.

But I definitely feel you there.

Lol. I'm the same atm because I'm at work. But I hurt my thumb the other night so it's been hard to type on the screen at times. Plus, if my boss would quit calling me ever few moments. I probably could type the starter out again xD

Doesn't surprise me. Some of the east coast USA has similar or worse stuff.

Typing on mobile can kinda suck. Especially one handed. Can't blame you one bit. Best of luck to ye with work as well 🫡

Fantasy - Sanctuary of Healing

I will admit, this kept fighting me and I tended it to be a little longer, so I do apologize if it's not any good. I blame Warren who doesn't want to be found out lol, plus, I'm kind of out of practice starting a roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back