• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern s͏p͏a͏r͏k͏ i͏n͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ h͏e͏a͏r͏t͏ — ♡

Characters
Here

• seoul, south korea

Movie Star

CIX

These days, knowing more makes you more miserable.

3 hours ago

nine lives

mood
just vibing
outfit
interactions
gaeun
tags
im jaehyun
Going out to a club wasn’t exactly how Jaehyun expected to spend his night. And don’t misunderstand him; he was all about having a good time, but maybe his idea of having fun had moved to probably be anywhere else rather than screaming just to hold any kind of conversation while the music was blasting off. Besides, he was sure that he could have done something more productive; like finishing grading the assignments of his class or even preparing exercises for the people that were struggling on his course.

Perhaps that was the main reason his friends were so eager that he would come with them. Because, in his words, he was acting like an old man at only twenty-six years old. But it wasn’t his fault that his idea of having drinks was going to a Korean bbq place and eating rather than going to a club and filling his liver with alcohol until there was no tomorrow. Maybe trying to be a good example towards his students and even in his endeavor to become someone they could rely on; had made him skip the fun part of life in his mindset that he should always do the right thing.

But in the end, his time in the club wasn’t as bad as he thought it would have been. He ended up enjoying the time with his friends and just losing upon his responsibilities. But while he wasn’t particularly ready to leave yet, he had already left the table where he was after he had lost sight of his friends and the only one that was with him was already busy with his girlfriend; something was sure that Jaehyun didn’t want to end up third-wheeling. He made his way towards the main bar as he heard the whispers from everyone around him about someone famous, or at least that’s what she assumed since he saw the photographers outside; but again, he knew this place was quite popular with the celebrities, so it wasn’t impossible that someone would end up there.

As his arrival, most of the bartenders were already busy with other people at the bar until he noticed that was coming towards where he was without noticing the girl that was next to him
“Hey, can I get an old-fashioned?”
Jaehyun said just at the same time the girl spoke. “Hi, can I please have a Lotus Martini?” It didn’t take long for Jaehyun to realize that the bartender was already busy with the girl next to him.
“Sorry for my mistake, take the order of the lady first”
Code by Stardust Galaxy

ga-eun
the actress
bar counter
relieved
interactions

jaehyun
Ga-Eun jumped in surprise when she heard someone speak at the exact same time she did. Turning her head slightly to the right, she saw a man around her age leaning against the bar whom she certainly had not noticed when she approached the bar. Part of her began to wonder if it was him that actually spoke but the look of surprise on his face that mirrored her own told her that it was him.

“Sorry for my mistake. Take the order of the lady first.”

His voice was heard before Ga-Eun could ask the bartender to take the other order first. Honestly, she didn’t want her order to be taken first. This man was here before her and the bartender was nowhere to be found yet when she arrived, bartender suddenly appears and takes her order first? No. Not fair. Just because she was a famous actress didn’t mean she deserved to get her orders taken first. She got here second, she’ll order second.

She was slightly worried that after giving her what she ordered, the bartender would disappear again without taking any other orders. So, it was time to revise her order. ”Can I get a Lotus Martini and an Old Fashioned?” She wouldn’t let the bartender get away without taking both orders.

Once the bartender left to make both drinks, Ga-Eun turned to the man next to her. ”Sorry about that,” she apologized, pushing her hair over her shoulder. ”I didn’t see you standing there, wouldn’t have ordered first if I did.” She’d always hated people that cut in front everyone to get their way or get whatever they wanted first and refused to do so.

She looked back when both drinks were set in front of her and pulled out her credit card to pay, handing it to the bartender. ”Close it, please.” she said, having no desire to start a tab since this would probably be her final drink of the night. Here’s your Old Fashioned,” She handed it to him. ”I’m Ga-Eun, by the way.”
coded by natasha.

mood
relaxed
outfit
interactions
gaeun
tags
im jaehyun
Besides the slight surprise from the other voice ordering at the same time as him, Jaehyun gave little thought to it afterward the bar was crowded; the bartenders were trying their best to keep up with all the upcoming orders. So it was quite obvious some of them would have to repeat themselves twice; and well, he was one of them that would have to ask another bartender for his drink. It wasn’t enough to cause a fuss over it to the bartender or the woman next to him.

“Can I get a Lotus Martini and an Old Fashioned?” Jaehyun heard the voice of the woman just as he was already finding another bartender that would take his order. It caught him by surprise, but just as Jaehyun was realizing what was going on, the bartender was already long gone. “Sorry about that,” she started apologizing. “I didn’t see you standing there, wouldn’t have ordered first if I did.”

“It’s okay, you shouldn’t have bothered. It wasn’t a big deal. And I haven’t been waiting for too long so don’t burden yourself with it, but thank you.”
He said with a slight shrug, he wasn’t expecting things would go that way. But maybe it was for the best. After all, he was getting his drink without having to catch a bartender that wasn’t busy. Despite that, he felt awkward at the girl ordering his drink for him when they were just strangers.

It didn’t take long for their drinks to be in front of them. He was about to take out his credit card when he noticed the girl handing hers to the bartender.
“No, wait, at least let me pay you back for my drink.”
He said, but once again the woman was a step ahead of him and while he was thankful, Jaehyun wasn’t the type of person who enjoyed owing something to other people, no matter if they were his friends or strangers.

“Thank you.”
Jaehyun said as he took the drink and had a sip. Tasting the flavor of the whisky, the woman introduced herself as Ga-Eun and took note to remember the name
“I’m Jaehyun. Nice to meet you.”
He said as he took another sip of his drink.
“What brings you here tonight? Did you come with friends too? You don't need to answer me if I'm bothering you”
Code by Stardust Galaxy

ga-eun
the actress
the bar
finally, alcohol
interactions

jaehyun
Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy
The conversation between the two seemed oddly formal and Ga-Eun was not a fan. She wasn't a fan of speaking formally with people in general, unless they were obviously very much her senior. This guy seemed about her age, maybe a year or two older, so this formal talk felt like scraping nails on a chalkboard to her. Hopefully the tune would change to that of more casual soon.

She pretended not to hear the comment about paying her back because honestly, she didn't need to be paid back. She already had way more money than she knew what to do with and buying two drinks at time wasn't going to break the bank by any means.

Instead of verbally replying, Ga-Eun just nodded at the thanks, taking a sip of her drink to save herself from having to break this awkward silence. Thankfully, he took the lead. "Ga-Eun. You as well." she replied. Well, so much for the not being formal.

“What brings you here tonight? Did you come with friends too?"

She took a moment to think about that. They weren't exactly friends of hers and most had only known each other for a few days or weeks. However, they'd all probably become close friends shortly considering they were about to spend months filming with each other. "You're not bothering me," she started with a slight shake of her head. "I'm here for a cast party. Kind of. Today was our first day of filming a new show so we're celebrating, I guess."

It was as honest of an answer she could give. As for the rest of it, she wasn't quite sure if honesty was the best policy but went for it anyways. "As for friends, well, we're more just costars as of now. But I think we'll all be friends soon." Unable to help herself, she looked back over to the VIP area where most of them were still sitting and caught the eye of the guy playing the second male lead, a guy who gave her a big wave. "Okay, maybe we're friends."

Ga-Eun then turned back to Jae-Hyun. "Since you said 'too', I'm guessing you came here with your friends. I don't want to keep you from them." Before she could say anything else, the bartender returned with her credit card and receipt.
coded by natasha.

mood
don't mess up the conversation
outfit
interactions
gaeun
tags
im jaehyun
Jaehyun felt a sense of relief when Ga-Eun reassured him he wasn’t bothering her. Even if he wasn’t actively trying to meet someone that night. He didn’t want to end up leaving, knowing that he gave the impression that he was some kind of weirdo that was making a stranger uncomfortable. But he just didn’t want to disappear after this girl paid for his drink; as he was the type of person who would always try to get back to the people that did something for him. Although he wasn’t sure what he could do at this moment other than just trying to start a conversation.

It caught him by surprise when she admitted she was there because of a cast party and that everyone that was with her that night was her costars. Awkwardness took over the guy. Would it be rude to say he didn’t know who she was? Jaehyun wasn’t exactly the one that was too knowledgeable about famous people other than the times he has heard his students talk with their friends about the idols that were popular at the moment; but even if he could at least remember some names, he was sure he wouldn’t be able to put a face to any of those names and, unfortunately, the girl in front of him was part of that group. What was he supposed to do now? Act like a fan? Yeah, that was for sure not an option.

“Oh, that sounds like a fun thing. Is it a movie or a drama? If I’m being honest, I’m not really knowledgeable with that kind of stuff only when I hear the students talk about when I’m making my way to the classroom and still I don’t have a clue of who are they talking about.”
He admitted shyly.
“So you can be calm that I’m not a weird fan or something.”

“Yes, I came here with my friends, well, to be honest, I was dragged since in their words I’m just a boring twenty-six-year-old.”
He said jokingly as he took a sip of his drink.
“But now, talking about my friends, I lost sight of some of them, so they must be around here. Although I’m not really sure if I want to navigate between all these people just to find them and going back to my table would just make me become a third-wheel, so I’ll just stay here for a bit. Of course, you can leave. I’m sure your castmates are waiting for you, and I don’t want to keep taking more of your time.”
Code by Stardust Galaxy

gaeun
the actress
the bar
i am tired of yelling
interactions

jaehyun
Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy
Gaeun could tell that Jaehyun had no idea who she was and while that would offend lots of “famous” people, it didn’t bother her in the slightest. Honestly, it was like a breath of fresh air. Though she loved her fans, taking selcas with them all the time got tiring after a while and don’t get her started on dispatch. They were relentless.

”Drama,” she answered. ”Its called ‘Epicenter of the Universe’. I’m not allowed to say anything else about it but it’ll be released in October.” Once the official trailer was released, then they’d be able to talk about it, but for now had to keep quiet. ”I never thought you were a weird fan though, so don’t worry.”

He certainly did not give off creepy stalker weird vibes, so there was no need to worry about that. And ah, he was a year older than her. Well, that answered her next question. ”Doesn’t sound like you’re boring,” Gaeun commented, taking a sip of her drink. ”You mentioned something about students and a classroom, so I’m guessing you’re a teacher. Where do you teach? And what subject?”

When he suggested she leave, she shook her head. ”They can get on without me for a while,” And they could. ”Plus it’s really stuffy over there. I’d much rather be out here.” Granted, it was really crowded so one could argue that it was even stuffier here, but it wasn’t as stuck up and fancy as the VIP area was. She felt as if she could breathe easier out here.

”I’d like to keep talking,” she admitted, ”but maybe elsewhere, somewhere quieter where we could actually hear each other without having to yell.” That would certainly be nice, and she also really needed her voice tomorrow.
coded by natasha.

mood
what are you doing here?
outfit
interactions
gaeun
tags
im jaehyun
“So a drama sounds like an interesting thing to be in, especially with that name. I’ll make sure to check it out when it’s released.”
Jaehyun admitted that he was sure that he would forget by that time due to him being busy preparing for his classes or grading exams and most likely would only hear about it thanks to his sister, which was an avid fan of dramas in general.

The reassurance of not appearing a weird guy was kind of relieving to Jaehyun; mostly because his experiences with famous people were nonexistent and even if Gaeun and he were still people, well, they just belonged to completely different worlds. But one thing he wasn’t expecting was for her to be interested in his work. “Yes, I’m a high school teacher, most precisely the physics teacher for Joongdong High School.”

Jaehyun wasn’t expecting that Gaeun would reject his suggestion to go back to her cast mates. Weren’t they more interesting than a stranger in a club? But now that he took a glance towards the VIP area, it really looked too crowded that he could understand why she didn’t want to return there.

“I would also like to continue talking with you.”
He said without giving it a second thought as he was also enjoying the conversation with Gaeun; and being at a club was fun, but there was a limit for Jaehyun and having to scream and be surrounded by too many people in a place. So when Gaeun mentioned it would be better if they continued their conversation in a quieter place, it was like music to his ears.

“There’s this place near here, is a kind of lounge bar. I have been there a couple of times before is really quite nice and you can definitely have a conversation without having to scream. It’s also not too crowded if you don’t want the paparazzi following you all the time.”
He suggested.
“Or we could go somewhere else if you don’t feel like going there.”

Jaehyun didn’t expect that his night would turn out like this. Him meeting a famous actress and sharing a drink with her, he would have laughed at that if someone would have told him about it when he first arrived. But now that it was happening, the last thing he wanted was to mess it up, although he was sure there was no way he would see Gaeun again. So he was going to enjoy everything while he could or that’s what he thought until he saw a familiar figure making his way inside the club, one that he was used to seeing in a school uniform when he giving his class. What was Jung Min-Joon doing here.
Code by Stardust Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back