• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern sᴇᴀ ᴏғ ᴛʀᴇᴇs

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.
hello, everyone. i wasn't planning on making another roleplay, but i decided i might as well try one last time. this is a slightly edited reboot of an older rp, and yes, i know the coding is bad... i've improved hugely, but this is still functional so i can't bring myself to change it.

if this is a hit i will create a discord for it so that we can chat ooc and plot, and i miiiiiight be looking for a co-gm at some point, but i'll worry about that once i have an idea of what i'm working with character-wise.

thank you for reading ^^

full

reAlitY tV isn'T rEal... bUt wHat iF It waS?

it was supposed to be special effects and a little bit of roughing it. you needed the fame, you needed the money, you could handle this. the premise was terrible, but the pay wasn't.

so you signed up, maybe against your better judgement, but it was done. you were done. a bunch of kids in a foreign country in a haunted forest with nothing but automated cameras and a couple of tents. what could possibly go wrong?

somuchsomuchsomuch

it wasn't set up right, they lost contact and now you can't even call for help. leaving early was supposed to end with a bit of ridicule, not end your life. communication devices have gone haywire, or have they? the producer left you with half a year's worth of supplies for a three week occasion... were they playing it safe, or is this a part of the plan?

does it even matter at this point?

people are getting sick, they're getting hurt, they're going ...off. it doesn't take a genius to figure out that something's wrong.

oh god, what have you done?

-iNformAtioN-

full

this is a reality tv roleplay with elements of horror and survival set in a supposedly haunted forest (there's also a long abandoned amusement park, but we'll get to that in a minute).

the setting is heavily based off of the aokigahara forest, which is better known as the infamous 'suicide forest' and 'takakanonuma greenland', which is a fictional creepypasta about an abandoned amusement park also set in japan. while both japanese, these two locations, one of which is more myth than fact, are set quite far apart.

however, because this is a roleplay, we're going to conveniently forget that issue and place the fictional amusement park, happyland, in the forest. fiction is great that way, no?

as for why you're there, every player has signed up for a low-budget and rather tasteless reality tv show that will spend 3 weeks filming them 24/7 without interference. all cameras are automated and/or carried by participants, and thus no one except the participants will be in the area.

what they don't know is that the show isn't legal, and won't be on tv... it's being filmed for an internet livestream that costs a few hundred dollars to view. for the rich and morbidly curious, this is a small price to pay for such raw and unique entertainment. that being said, the producers aren't evil... they fully intended to allow participants to leave. unfortunately, there's something about the forest that kills technology, and as such no one can hear your screams except the ones screaming with you.

just a note that there won't be any roving monsters or murderers here... it's all about eerie ambience and the flickers in the corner of your eye. characters can potentially be injured, get sick and even die (it's all up to the players though, you decide your character's fate!), but none of these events will be explicitly paranormal in nature. mostly, if they occur, they'll seem like accidents, misjudgements and bad luck all around.

you are welcome to make two characters if you're interested in having something happen to one of them, or if you think you can handle a second one.

as always, basic rules (no godmodding, killing other people's characters without permission etc) apply. the roleplay will begin when our characters are boarding a flight together heading to the destination, and if it lasts, will end when those who survive are finally rescued.

if you're interested, please let me know! i'm looking for 4-8 players (myself included), and i'd like to see at least 2 paragraphs (so semi-detailed). as for post schedule, once every three days minimum... i don't want this to stall out like some of my others have.

full

If you added dice mechanics for injuries and harm, this could be a very interesting roleplay to partake in! Just a little... risk factor lol.
Either way I am reading it, consider me i n t e r e s t e d .

I'll have to drop unfortunately, I'm not sure if I could keep up with the two paragraphs! It's my first time roleplaying. I hope you have fun though! =)

Interested, ill look at the cs, hopefully there isnt a few post per week standard? Home internet is out, so that would be a deal breaker

Hmm... This has great potential, but nothing has happened for the past 10 days. Will it still be launching?

I'm thinking of making a recent graduate from Southeast Asia who joined up with the 'TV show' (hahaha he's in for it) so that he could use it as a stepping stone towards becoming the next big director there. So that would make him about 25-26, from Singapore, therefore was conscripted before, making him ideal for such a 'TV show'.

it will still be happening, yes. it's just taken a while to gather enough interest. feel free to submit your character to the cs, i will be accepting them starting tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back