• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

☼S.A.☽ Academy

Jumping out of shock, but soon returning to her normal stasis facial expressions, Kira turned to see Desponia awaken. The girl looked as if she probably didn't need too much time getting dressed since she already looked gorgeous this morning, other than a few misguided hairs. An inward sigh inside her mind as she realized she could never be as confident as her. "Not by chose, you can be assured," She responded in her expressionless voice. "I've been up for about thirty minutes. It is habit due to my home not exactly being safe for me to sleep in. Normally I wake up earlier, but I was exhausted," She tried to smile after the slight remembrance of her horrid mother, still she wondered how she was doing with out either of her children.

Her smile was highly forced and just looked creepy, so she returned her face to its normal way. "My brother wakes up way earlier than I do," She thought about how he was probably giving his roommate an ear full about not being up before the worms awoke or something like that. The mention of breakfast caused her stomach to grumble and she nodded to Desponia. "Food sounds really nice," Kira noticed that the girl had managed to get dressed looking quite flashy compared to little Kira. Maybe I can aspire to be like that, she thought as she waited to be guided to where they were going. "I honestly haven't got a clue as to where the kitchen is. Do you mind?" She asked her roommate.

@Breaking Skies

Elín was warm, curled up in a small pile of blankets. It was about 7 A.M. when she awoke. She was more than

content in her current position. "What time is it?" She asked herself. Elín did not have any form of time keeping

device. She looked around the room, making sure to keep her blanket domicile undisturbed. It took her a minute

to find it, but there was a wall clock above the door. Briefly, Elín misinterpreted the measurement on the clock

as 1:35, but quickly fixed her mistake. "7:05-ish." Elín Whispered to herself, making sure to not disturb Ziel,

while she reached her hand down to retrieve her folder from the disorderly heap that was her belongings. Her

first class, S.E.T., started at 8:00. She was reluctant to do so, but she arose, ready to proclaim good morning to

her roommate, but Ziel was no longer present. Elín used this solitude as a good opportunity to change out of her

nightshirt. She decided to forego the shower, figuring that she could take one after SET. She quickly slipped on

a white tanktop and a dark blue athletic skirt. As SET did not start for nearly another hour, she donned a small

white jacket to wear around campus until 8:00.

Elín advanced toward the door of her dorm room. As she grabbed the doorknob, she froze. A thought had struck

her mind. It was a task that she had intended to do ever since she walked in the dorm room. She returned to her

things, and from the disorganized heap, she produced two cans, reminiscent of soft drinks, and a couple small

containers that had the word "Skyr" written on them. One can had "Appelsín" printed on it. It appeared to be a

type of Orange soda, based on the color of the can. The other had "maltextrakt" printed on it. Elín hastily

relocated both cans to the refrigerator, along with most of the containers of "Skyr". With one of the containers of

Skyr in hand, she made her way to the kitchen; And despite the fact that she only intended to eat the yogurt-like

substance for breakfast, she wanted to be in the presence of the other students who were likely in the kitchen and

lounge areas.

As Kira explained herself, Desponia felt her stomach dropping slightly from the information revealed. While the shorter girl seemed to be alright, already used to, such things, Desponia couldn't find it in her to actually reassure or empathize the girl. The world was an admittedly cruel, ruined place, thus having people who reflected that broken soul was no surprise. It was natural, it was just the way the world worked. Hearing such results, such people, existing and scarring those who were innocent, who haven't had the chance to bear their own scars against the twisted ideals of reality, just set the pit in her stomach a few levels lower. Leaving the silver haired girl feeling just a little heavier. Gulping she found it in her to toss the other a smile, albeit an unsure one, "I see ... but it's pretty nice to get a few extra minutes, hours even, in, right?" Desponia commented, "It'll definitely feel better once you have a new routine to get used to," she added.

And seeing that awkward smile on Kira's face, Desponia just felt like she had intruded upon something that should have been kept hidden. If only for a little longer. Such things weren't meant to be all bared out like that, not after just one night. Perhaps she should rethink every question she had for her roommate. Maybe the small talks should ... cease for a little bit, just so she could consult Illu, see what he thought of the social ... pressures she had felt upon her shoulders.

"I honestly haven't got a clue as to where the kitchen is. Do you mind?"

"Nope," Desponia replied quickly enough, hearing her own stomach growl right after Kira's at the mention of breakfast, and just the thought of it too. "Just let me freshen up and we can head down there," she said, heading towards the bathroom where everything was laid out pretty straightforwardly. Washing her face, and brushing her teeth quickly - but well done - enough, she silver haired girl was bounding out of that small hole in the wall within minutes. "Alright. Let's head down." She said, leading the way once more out their dorm room.

There were a few helpful signs along the way, helping Desponia and Kira to make their way down to the kitchen, where a few people had gathered already. Some were more awake than others, but by the look of things, it seemed that the kitchen had ... well, no food out on the tables or anything. Were they mean to cook for themselves perhaps? Checking out the fridge, Desponia was pleased to find that it was at least well stocked so she could just grab fruits or cook something simple if she chose to do so.

Illu first heard the oncoming footsteps before he heard the knock. Either way, the boy wasn't too surprised by the knock, only startled by the volume of it. That and there happened to be something - someone who had slipped just a bit behind him, where the bathroom was. Hiding a chuckle, Illu waved with a grin as his roommate made his appearance once more, "Good morning," he greeted. He then stretched up, getting some cracks and knots twisted out before he slipped past his roommate. Quickly, once inside, Illu set to work. Twisting and pulling off all his earrings and set them delicately inside a plastic bag on top of a shelf. It wouldn't do to lose an ear on the very first day, talk about embarrassment.

For the next little while, Illu brushed his teeth and washed his face thoroughly. Unlike his sister, cruelly a natural beauty, he took much better care for his skin and health, making sure that nothing was wrong underneath or over the surface. Stepping out of the bathroom satisfied, Illu turned to his roommate, apologetic,
"Hey there, sorry I took forever." He then turned to the clock sitting on the wall, "How much time do you think we have left? Will we make it for breakfast?" He asked, hoping the other had a better sense of time management.

@mikaluvkitties

.: Desponia Elvire Lucienne :.

Grabbing out an egg, Desponia turned to the pans and pots and within a few minutes the girl had cooked up some simple scrambled eggs. Though, they were very plain, seeing as the girl had been unable to find salt and sugar, and even if she did, she feared she would mix the two around, resulting with nasty tasting eggs. Setting that out onto a plate, and also grabbing a free apple in the fridge, Desponia then turned to the fridge to pick up, or at least find, some milk when she noticed something else in the corner of her eye.

"Mm, looks like everyone's waking up," she chuckled, eyeing those who showed up. Taking the plate of eggs in one hand, and balancing the glass of milk on the side of the plate as well, Desponia turned to Kira, "you think they'll let us eat in the lounge, I mean, we'd probably be having spills all over the place," Desponia muttered, remembering how one room was a game room (and nobody would want any kind of food near those rare systems) and the other was a more pillowy like hole in the ground (and again, nobody would want grease, food, or spills near any of that stuff) "I think I'll head back up to our room ... or outside?" Again, Desponia cursed her indecisiveness, the kitchen was going to be crowded up soon, and there wasn't exactly some sort of Cafeteria in the dorms ... just where should she go?

@DemonKitten

His roommate said good morning, and promptly disappeared into the bathroom. He couldn't find it in himself to be bothered by it, however, and simply went over to his bed, making it into a neat and presentable state, even though he knew that he would in all likeliness end up rebuilding tonight. It was still a good idea to have a neat and tidy area. It was harder to lose things in tidy areas, he reasoned, and anything he lost that fell into the wrong hands had the potential to be used against him. At least this way if something went missing he would know.

His sheets were white, and were too comfortable for him to touch too much. It might sound odd, or even silly, but there was such a thing as a blanket being to comfortable, just like a pillow could be too soft. Maybe he just wasn't used to nice stuff, he reasoned, and he didn't want to get too used to his current situation in case it really was too good to be true, did he?

Eventually, his roommate resurfaced, and asked how long he had been in. He'd finished making the bed- his bed- a while ago, though that didn't really give him much of a time scale, he reasoned, since he was quick at making his bed. He wasn't the best with time in this new and unfamiliar place, and in the end he simply said, "I hope we'll make it to breakfast." He hoped his voice portrayed he was uncertain but he wasn't positive and turned to face Illu again. "Ready to try and make it to breakfast?"

@Breaking Skies

Ziel had managed to finish eating before everyone else came in, lucky given that she wasn't in the mood to even speak. She started washing her own dishes, and putting them away once she was finished. She glanced at the map, wondering what to do before the start of S.E.T, but instead found herself hovering in the corner of the kitchen.

'This,' she started to reason with herself, 'This would mean I won't get lost later. I'll just follow everyone else.' But somewhere deep inside, she knew it wasn't. More like a longing to regain what she had lost, but quickly she shook that thought out of her head, instead thinking to Elín. Elín seemed nice enough, but first impressions could be deceiving. Out of her new found instinct, she found her fingers tracing the crossbow.

She drew her fingers away and looked at the gathering crowd. Everyone that had come in seemed relatively nice, but she knew well enough not to test that idea. Besides, when you come down to think about it, being alone is rather plesent. Let's you have time to think. 'I like being by myself. In fact, I hate people. Others are annoying.' She though, but those thoughts made her bite back tears. In the end, she was biting her lip to seem calm on the outside, not that it should matter in her dimly lit corner.

Kira watched Desponia eat, though Kira only happened to grab an apple in exchange for an actual meal. Needless to say, she was nervous and not really prepared for what she would meet today. Luckily, her frozen face kept from the fact of nervousness showing and she nodded along in silence, like always, to Desponia's words. Perhaps I should try and be more social like her, she thought, but she couldn't get up the courage.

She noticed the extra movement coming into the kitchen and she felt her need to shrink away in fear, after all she was a demon. With a sigh, she turned back to Desponia. "I think I will head on to where class is taking place," she told her roommate with her face still not moving an inch but for what it needed to form words. With that, she took off towards the gym? Which was more of a battlefield and less jogging and playing dodge ball, though she guessed dodge something would come up. It was quite, so she preceded to stare out into the lifting fog as the time went by.

It was now 7:30.

@Breaking Skies

Scoffing at the boy's boots and their lack of cleanliness, Destin started to walk out the door towards where the kitchen was. Though he had already eaten, he figured Kira might still be around with that clean appearing roommate of hers. Destin considered asking the boy for his name before he left, but he realized he had no need for it and remained by the door.

"You would think you would move a tad faster, child," He grumbled though it sounded lovely coming from him. Why did such an angelic boy have to be so downright evil seeming. He looked at his watch noticing that time was ticking. "I doubt you will get any breakfast with that speed you are moving at," He commented as he took note that he had only thirty minutes to both eat and get to class. "Why do I even bother," He said out loud to himself as he rolled his dual colored eyes.

@Demon

✻ Aika Lilia Kagatsume ✻

Aika woke up by the sound of banging on her doors yet feel no urge to actually remove herself from bed and kept shifting herself into several positions under the covers. When about thirty minutes had passed, she was finally up on her feet and head to her dresser for picking out her clothes for the day. She decided on a blue cut-out shoulder t-shirt with a purple miniskirt and went into the bathroom to prepare herself for the day. After tying up her hair in the usual ponytail, she puts on her gloves along with her boots and thigh stoking. She went over to her desk in which has her faction card and also wanting to recheck the schedule for today."S.E.T., Math, Basic Healing, Magic Offense, Mixology, Art." she muttered to herself while ignoring lunch period since it was the same for everyday. She does not have archery for the day which saddens her a bit however picked up her bow that was left leaning against the table and fixed it on her back.

Aika exited her room but not before wearing her card around her neck and head straight for the kitchen. Seeing a few people already in the kitchen, she changed her mind and went off to where class where supposed to be held in that morning. She had also noticed a few students were still hanging out at the lounge and ignore them as she had no interest in socializing. Once she left for her dormitories, Aika went off to a certain direction until she reached what seemed to be where S.E.T. class would be taking place. She went into someplace where it would not be crowded and just sat there while hugging her knees.

Kira noticed the girl hugging her knees and thought about going to talk to her. but what if she hates me, she thought as she fought the conflict in her mind. Sighing a little to herself, she decided to approach the girl. "Uh, Hello," she said nervously, but only inside for her voice remained steady and constant as well as void of actual affliction or life. Kira decided to take the seat next to the girl whom was rather cute in her opinion. She wished she could be cute, perhaps she could strive to change herself. Another sigh inside as she realized she was once again comparing herself to others and wanting to change herself to be like them not become who she really is.

"I'm Kira. We all have SET together," she thought about smiling to lighten the mood, but deciding against it seeing as her smiles usually brought the wrong kind of attention. The clock ticked and she noticed her punctual brother was still not here. Most likely delayed because of his new roommate, she snickered knowing he was probably steaming right now as well as panicking. "I hope our teachers are rather nice," she thought out loud to the girl next to her, shuffling her feet.

@Altheaire

✻ Aika Lilia Kagatsume ✻

Thinking mostly to herself all the while, Aika remain in her position until she heard footsteps coming near. She initially decided to ignore the owner of the footsteps before hearing a hello from the girl which she could tell was directed at her. Her silence was kept but still listened to what she has to say and momentarily gave the girl a glance. She could not really tell what was her purpose for starting a conversation with her however was still curious at the same time.

Although at first, Aika had no intention of making any kind of interaction yet she does not actually want to display herself to be a rude person. After all, the person beside her did just introduce herself so she could at least do the same. "I am... Kagatsume." she spoke without even changing her aloof expression, not caring to even change it whilst turning only her head to face the girl. There was a bit of nervousness in her voice due to fearing making a wrong first impression but it was quite vague so it should not be too noticeable.

@DemonKitten

.: Illu Alaude Lykos :.

Illu nodded at his roommate and headed for the doors, swinging it wide enough so that the two of them could pass easily before the door would close itself firmly. The silver haired boy didn't exactly know the way around the entire building yet, but by the large amounts of people rushing by and zipping their way down to the hall, Illu could take a guess. Or two. By the time they made it down there, the kitchen ... was moderately crowded. But at least people were in groups, cluttered to certain corners, taking up spaces in groups and circles rather than just flooding the kitchen like a wave of sorts.

Easily, he slipped between people, bumping most of them since he didn't exactly have the patience nor finesse to actually slip in between the cracks unnoticed. Soon enough, he reached the fridge, or at least the closest one available, and upon opening it, Illu just grabbed an apple. Two actually, in case his roommate didn't have anything. Or maybe he could just throw it at Desponia when he ran into her in class. Before of course, he doubted that the teachers would let that sort of thing fly. Turning around to try and find Kaneda, Illu then asked, raising one of the apples in his hands,
"You want?" he simply asked, as his munched on another in his other hand. It wasn't the most appealing kind of breakfast. Nor could it fill him up as good ... but after glancing up at the clock in the kitchen, it wasn't like they could just prepare some five star meal in a snap.

For for anyone that could, Illu made a note to slingshot them with rubber bands for the next little while. Whether his roommate took the apple or not, Illu was quick to wander off, after catching the time in the corner of his eye,
"I'm just going to eat and walk there!" He informed his roommate as he began making his way over to the training grounds, or whatever it was they used at the school.

@mikaluvkitties

.: Desponia Elvire Lucienne :.

While Kira wandered off, Desponia had to tell herself that perhaps the girl would ... loosen up, one day. She spoke in a monotone most of the time, and the silver haired girl was starting to get curious as to what she sounded like when she added just tints of emotion in her voice. I mean, if she was going to live with someone, it'd be a little weird to only hear them speaking in monotone. Shaking her head, clearing all irrelevant thoughts, Desponia looked down at the food selection she had chosen before she made a quick decision.

Downing the milk first, chugging it quickly, Desponia coughed as she placed the empty glass into the sink. The milk tasted different, nothing like the kind she had at home, but really, she should have expected that. Next off, with the help of a fork, Desponia began eating away at each chunk of scrambled eggs. This wasn't going to be something she'd do everyday, but for a first day, it was probably as good as she'd get. She'd have to remember to take some food back to their dorm room after S.E.T. or even the day, just so she could save herself a bit of time in the morning. Besides, eating eggs everyday in the morning was not realistic, nor healthy.

Finished with the egg, Desponia unceremoniously dumped the dirty plate and fork into the sink all in one go, and turned on her heel. Eating in the kitchen wasn't that fun, not when so many people were watching you eat. There definitely needs to be some fridge-stocking when the weekend came, for now though, she would bear the first week. Adjust and evolve, as her mother would say.

With very little to actually do, and Illu no doubt wasting the morning away with concerns to his 'health care', Desponia decided to show up for S.E.T. Not that she knew exactly where it was. She starting walking about at around 7:50, and only realized that she had stumbled upon the place when an angel and a decidedly
very flexible woman made their ways down to the ground, one in a flashier manner than the other. Kira herself had already made her way there, and many others were already there too. ... At least she wasn't late, she thought with glee as she couldn't spy a familiar looking form within the crowd.

Desponia edged her way into the growing class just as the Rayna, the fiery looking woman, purred out a husky sounding greeting, poking fun and giving some lee way for those who haven't soon up yet. Just as Desponia was listening in, admiring the form the woman had whilst forming the letters behind the serious no nonsense looking angel, something decided to barrel into her and she looked over to her side with a scowl.
"I didn't even do anything yet," she hissed to Illu, who scoffed. "I'm serious! I was only watching, besides, she's real good, look." she pointed, just as Rayna was holding her own against the angel's downward swing. "Not giving an inch, and that angel there probably has some serious muscle strength under all that," she noted, with a playful lick of her lips while her eyes fluttered as if swooning.

"I'm sure they can hear you," Illu only replied, "and would find you absolutely repulsive," he added with a quiet laugh. "I'm going to absolutely hate this for the rest of my school days," he then groaned as quietly as possible. "Look at me, I'd probably just fall over and die if a sword ever went down on me," he pouted.

Beside him, Desponia only scoffed childishly,
"Go over what you just said you dumbass," she then turned her attention back to the teachers at the front, "and when you get it, don't bother me. I'll be quietly paying attention to what our lovely teachers have in store for us today," she smiled, and though her words were ... suggestive, Desponia certainly did have an eye for picking out the teachers' strengths. For the angel, (and yes, she does refuse to address her as anything but) that sword should take a lot to even lift. So whilst her eyes roamed the angels arms, she could just spy the rippling of muscles every time she moved her sword. Noting just how physically strong, she could be. Definitely a slave driver too, she would note. Now if only that blue piece could just move, she could confirm just how toned the angel's stomach is.

Before leaving the room, Conner grabbed his card, slipping it into his pants pockets before following Illu, right on his heels. After all, there were only two ways for short people to get around- weave through holes, or follow the people pushing their way through people. The taller the better. When they reached the kitchen, his lips twitched in annoyance, and he bit the corner of his lip, not paying attention to his roommate as he scanned the room. There were people everywhere. How was he even supposed to get close enough to a fridge to get food? The people were moving around them like a wave of mindless animals, and he didn't feel like fighting that. He didn't need to eat that badly.

He was just turning to leave when his roommate came up to him with an apple in hand. His eyes lit up when it was offered to him, and he whispered, "Yes please," as he took it. He took a bite, savoring the juice in his mouth. He didn't remember the last time he had had fruit this good, and he followed Illu as he left the room, nodding politely as he chewed his food. Now he would know how to get there, at least. Once they reached the room, Illu disappeared, but that was okay. He threw away his apple core on the way, and drew closer to the teachers as they continued their demonstration. It was exciting, to think that he could become that good one day. Sure, it would take practice, but that didn't change how amazing and novel a thought it was to him.

@Breaking Skies

Kira smiled at the girl, but it was strained like always and probably made the girl cringe just watching how hard it was for Kira. She sighed and pulled her knees up resting her chin on them. "It is nice to be in a new change of scenery," she said out loud as she looked out over the horizon. "My home wasn't exactly loving and was the black sheep of the family," another sigh escaped her lips as she thought about it. "I hope my mother is happier now that I am gone," Kira turned to the girl breaking from her thoughts.

"What was your home life like?" She asked Kagatsume as the sun shined in their eyes from reaching over the building. "Are you happy to be here or did you prefer to stay? I just assume most people come here because they don't have much of a choice," Kira continued wondering if anyone was just pushed to come here and was actually quite well off where they lived. Not everyone was shunned by who and what they were. An example being her brother who was beloved by her mother. She had always been slightly jealous of him, but she loved him too much to hate him for it. Actually, Kira had a very kind soul and was extremely forgiving she just was hated for the blood in her veins.

@Altheaire

Elín had entered the kitchen. As she thought, people were already here. and most were

preparing their breakfast. Elín had not thought through her plan to eat in the kitchen. She

didn't have anyone to actively socialize with, and this place was not likely the best place to

settle down and eat. In fact, she was in the way of several people. It was at this juncture

when she had decided to eat her meal on her way to S.E.T., as it was starting relatively soon.

She popped the lid off of her 'Vanillúskyr'; it was one of her favorite flavors, second only to

blueberry.

It was not particularly long before Elín arrived at the gym, the location of her first class,

S.E.T. She had arrived just a bit before it began. She noticed that several people were already

here. Briefly, Elín disposed of the empty container in her hands, then advanced toward the

group of people, greeting them with a slight wave of the hand.

Destin rolled his eyes and waved his roommate off. So much for being kind, he thought noting to himself to not to disgusting things like that again. Destin started to walk off towards class having ate and everything already, he headed towards the field. As the field came into view, he noticed Kira socializing with another girl. As long as they are all female, he commented to himself before heading to sit down as well. He approached them giving a bright smile at around the same time another girl arrived.

"Hello," He replied to both girls as Kira looked up at him with shinning eyes. He had to stay in a state of perfection for his sister as if he is the angel she has always looked up to not the man that murdered his own mother. "My name is Destin, I am Kira's older brother," A perfect act as he gave his killer smile that looked like he saved puppies, walk old women across the street, and volunteered to help homeless people every day of the week, if only they knew.

@CalamariHero @Altheaire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back