• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Business as (Un)Usual

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Roleplay set in the Isekai Hell universe. It takes place in Ryken, the capital city of the Protectorate of Ryke. It will follow Paru, a wandering Kirinfolk learning of the world beyond her borders for the first time, and Tannia, a Human blacksmith dedicated to her craft, as they come to an agreement over a work request. We are not taking on anymore characters. Anyone who enjoys this RP and would like to learn more about the Isekai Hell universe is encouraged to follow the links. <3

1691473701583.png
Artisan's District, Ryken
Evening
As the sun begin it's decent below the horizon, the streets of Ryken took on a change. Most people made their way inside, be it taverns or domiciles, as they prepared to turn in for the evening. But not everyone is subject to the hours of the sun. Lanterns and lights from windows illuminated the streets for the night crowd, as commerce never slept here. The markets and trade centers kept a steady flow of traffic, the night air greeting the merchants and patrons coolly. It was down one such street that a Kirinfolk found herself as she navigated the many passageways of the city.

Paru
kunoichi cat girl antlers ponytail white hair yellow eyes forest snake eyes s-1745428897.png

Mentions: Ian Temero Ian Temero
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Paru stared up in wonder at the tall misshapen buildings that were packed together tightly. She had never seen structures like this before, having only travelled within the boundaries of Kuridan. The lanterns were being lit to illuminate the city for the night life, though most of the people we're turning in for the night. The smell of something delicious pulled her attention. It had been roughly a day since she last ate. Maybe these people would accept some of the strange coins she had received recently as payment. She turned down a side street, following the scent when she suddenly paused and did a double take. Hanging on display in a window was a strange sword. It was as long as her own, but the blade was wider and straight. She wondered how satisfying it would be to swing. It was gorgeously crafted as well. Unlike her own which had been done by the most recent village smith. He had unfortunately not taken after his father in skill and Paru was forced to repair her blade after nearly every fight. Maybe it was time for a new sword. It wouldn't hurt to ask right? She pushed gently on the door stepping inside. She looked around but didn't see anyone in the immediate area. "Hello? Anybody here?"

Last edited by a moderator:

IH Tannia Casual (Close).png
Tannia Duellona

Character Grade - D

Interactions:

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

- CLANG -

Deep in the heart of the Dragons Fire Smithy, in a dimly lit room, a red haired woman stood over a burning forge, hard at work.

- CLANG -

With each swing of her arm the metal in her hands sang out, filling the room with ringing of clashing steel.

- CLANG -

With each drop of the hammer sparks flew, filling the air with ember stars.

- CLANG -

Lifting the length of metal from the anvil Tannia placed it back in the flames for the second to last heat. She took a minute to wipe the beads of sweat from her brow before taking it back out and dunking it into a trough of water. Pulling the blade out she examined her handy work for a moment before huffing and shaking her head.

Turning back to the forge Tannia stoked the coals to lower the heat before picking up the sword, along with several others, putting them back in, and blocking the entrance. There she would let them temper for an hour, giving her time to think. Or it would have had she not heard the tinging of the bell on the front door.

Paru meanwhile in a fairly typical blacksmith’s shop, weapons, shields, and armors of all types were displayed around the store on shelves and stands. If there was one thing that differentiated it from the others however it would be the large bronze plate hanging behind the counter in the back, engraved with the image of three dragons surrounding a lone knight.

A door next to the counter opened and Tannia stepped in, wiping soot off her hands with a rag. She paused to give the Kirinfolk a once over. “Well you’re new.” She commented gruffly, tossing the rag on the countertop. “I’m closing in ten. What do you want?”

Paru
pony tail white hair yellow snake eyes antlers cat ears kunoichi determined s-3682543080.png

Paru smirked at the woman and smiled. "Yes, this is my first time here." She knew what she meant. Paru reached behind her head and unclasped her sword from her back, laying the huge blade on the counter in front of her. "I'm in need of a new sword. I'm sad to see this one go, but it is too flimsy for me to use. It was the best the smith in my village could accomplish, but it required his repairs after every fight. Now that I am no longer in my village, I should probably have a weapon that can take some use. Can you craft something like that for me? Something that could fell a tree and then still split a horse?" She genuinely wasn't sure. She had never met any blacksmiths outside the village and she had no idea of their capabilities. Surely a master craftsman existed somewhere though, she had laid eyes on Ko's magnificent blade herself.

IH Tannia Casual (Close).png
Tannia Duellona

Character Grade - D

Interactions:

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Arms crossed, Tannia listened quietly as the chimeric girl made her request, before reaching over and grabbing the weapon, drawing it from the scabbard. "A nodachi huh? Don't see nihanto style swords much, especially in Ryke." She held it out in front of her, slowly turning it as she examined the blade before sheathing it once more. "Amateur work."

"I can certainly make something to cut off a horse's head, but for felling trees you want an ax. Or Orichalcum, but I doubt you have enough for that."
Tannia commented, handing the weapon back to Paru. “Come back after two days and I should have it done. Anything else?”

Last edited:
Paru
pony tail white hair yellow snake eyes antlers cat ears kunoichi determined s-640838087.png

Paru watches as the woman examines her sword, using words she unfamiliar with. Nodachi? Nihanto? Ryke? But it doesn't matter to her, as long as there is no confusion in there talk. When the woman calls the work amateur, Paru almost argues, but... she's right. The village smith did all he could, but... he was an amateur. The next statement was just as confusing. Orihalcum? Was that a kind of weapon? She made a mental note of the word and nodded at the woman. "No, that's all I need, thank you. Alright, I shall return in two days." She turned to walk away before stopping suddenly. "Oh, I almost forgot payment. Uh..." She pulled a small pouch from her waist and dumped the contents onto the counter, a collection of what little money she had scraped together from odd jobs and a few dozen odd coins from her village. "Is... is this enough?"

1691901342663.png
Artisan's District, Ryken
Sundown
Once again the Kirin woman walked the streets of Ryken in the evening, hurrying past the lanterns as they lit up one by one. A light rain sprinkled down on the city, but it was warm out, so the shower was pleasant. Retracing her steps and checking several alleys and side streets, she finally arrived back at the Dragons Fire Smithy. The door opened as she pushed on it, the shop not yet closed to her relief. The clang of the anvil rang out as she stepped inside, the blacksmith hard at work as always on another piece. The two exchange pleasantries and a sword changes hands. A simple exchange, almost un noteworthy, but a positive one none the less. The Kirin would return should she ever needed anything else. She left and the blacksmith continued her daily duties and the city continued on as it always had.

Results Screen
Narrator Recommendations
This RP was run to get Paru a Nodachi C , crafted by Tannia, and Tania the Wealth F skill.

Paru
- Optional Title [Stranger] - character is from a foreign time or place and does not understand the world at large or how it functions. Some may take pitty on them, while others may take advantage.
- Nodachi C - Crafted by Tannia

Tannia
- Optional Title [Artist] - character is a crafter of skill and renown, and is known for taking on requests for others. There work is recognizable.
- Wealth F - Narrator Bonus Reward - Tannia has an establishment in Ryken and is taking on jobs for others, both of which provide a steady income.

ISEKAI HELL GRADE

Rewards

Paru - 7 Points
Optional Title [Stranger] - character from a foreign time or place and does not understand the world or how it functions. Some may take pity on them, while others may take advantage.
Acquired Optional Item Nodachi C

Tannia - 4 Points
Optional Title [Artist] - character is a crafter of skill and renown known for taking on requests for others. Their work is recognizable.
Acquired Optional Skill Wealth F (Add 21 Points to Spent and Earned)

Mentions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Ian Temero Ian Temero

Users who are viewing this thread

Back