• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] A Tutoring Lesson in Hatred of Dead

Inquiry's Fall
1675718138321.png

1675932383289.png

Renee Nyx
1675718409877.png

As Scylla moved along and took one of the many shells that Arthur had sprayed, she would feel some sort of coldness emitting off of the one she picked up. Surprisingly Scylla would feel two hands on her shoulders like someone was watching over her. But looking there would be no one there, although the coldness she felt would turn to warmth, one of the many things missing in this undead realm. Upon being on the ground, Renee felt a hand take her arm and her body be lifted back up onto her feet. Renee saw it was Scylla and smiled at her apprentice, leaning against her and wrapping an arm around her shoulders to keep herself from falling back down, Renee felt the extent of her exhaustion. She could barely stand or move, using the Codex of Death was having lingering effects on Renee. Her recovery was slowed down as the two kept moving, Renee would pick up the codex again as they moved into the castle of Inquiry's Fall. Scylla would say something about cake which made Renee laugh, " Cake? No thank you, Scylla. It would only go to my hips and thighs. Can't be having that. " Renee stated with a happy smile at her apprentice. " Now come on, help me into this oversized castle. " Renee began to slowly walk into the castle, hanging onto Scylla for help.

Although as the two took a step in, they would see that the castle they had entered was nothing like it was previously, it was much more flourished and cleaner, no dust and debris. There were hardly any remnants of the eternal undead that were fighting. It was as if the castle was reconstructed like it was previously before being brought to this undead dimension. There were suits of armor that gleamed in the torchlight whilst holding newly sharpened swords with shields. They were nothing more than display collections, although their weapons did look dangerous. As Scylla helped Renee through the atrium of Inquiry's Fall, a figure would appear on the large staircase on the top, making it's appearance known. " It has been some time, Witch. " The massive figure of a cloaked being that looked eldritch at first glance, a massive hump on it's back followed with an eye looking through this hump while having a candle on it's head whilst it held a long shovel that emitted a dark magic that Scylla would feel in her heart and soul, a strange feeling it was. Following after this cloaked beast was a small child wearing a cloak and carrying a smaller shovel. Their eyes only able to be seen, although their eyes were greyed over like they were dead and were unresponsive to nearly everything.

1675932136647.png

" Choax. " Renee called out. She remembered this beast well; it was a very strange enigma to the witch. It's first appearance was in that dungeon of Dahak's back in that town near Kananto, that was utterly destroyed by undead thanks to Renee allowing Dahak to live. " You know Dahak is dead, right? " Renee asked, in which Choax only gave a laugh that sounded eerily similar to a evil laugh, " You believe Dahak is dead? The necromancer is a very persistent individual. Powerful. Angry. Talented. " Choax spoke, it's voice was bone chilling, it sounded like a beast that was bloodthirsty yet had this tone that was cold like the grave. " You think he lives? " Renee asked with a hiss of pain as she tried to readjust herself. " He was my Skullbearer for a time. He knows how to defy death itself. If he dead, I will be disappointed in his wasted potential. " Choax chuckled as it reached a gangly and outstretched hand out and patted the child gently on its head while it did not react. " Why are you here, Choax? Actually, how did you get here? " Renee asked with narrowed eyes. Choax took its hand away from the small child and turned its gaze to Renee and Scylla. " I am here to consider my choices, child. The book you hold is mine that I've created. It is thanks to my efforts that you are even still breathing at this current moment at this current time. The choices that will be made will determine what the future holds for everything of this realm. For its literal creation to its possible destruction. " Choax spoke, which Renee stared at the entity with disbelief, " What are you even talking about, ghoul? " The witch asked in which the large ghoul cackled, " Nothing you can hope to understand, child. " The ghoul let the end of its shovel touch the ground in which the child began to move towards both Scylla and Renee.

" Are you here to get in our way? " Renee asked as the child continued walking down the stairs towards the two witches while holding its shovel on its shoulder. " I am here to determine what will happen in the end. If that means I am to stand within your path. Then so be it. " Choax spoke eerily. " The book would be all that I ask for. Although since I've last seen you, that twinkle and light is no longer in your eyes, witch. It seems you have truly given yourself up to your own cage of madness. Another prisoner of ambition and self-indulgence. " Choax's muzzle widened into a crazy smile, " You are nothing more than a hollowed-out husk. " Choax stated, Renee growled " I am sick of all you entities who think they know me. It is irritating to hear constantly. " The witch clenched her fists as she pulled her journal out. " Oh, but we do know you, witch. I can see right through you. Through your facade. " Choax's eyes glowed under its cloak, an evil orange. " You just don't want to accept the truth and keep hiding away from it. Or you do know and don't want others to know. " Renee then stood by herself and glared evilly at Choax and the child apporaching them. " Scylla, be careful. The child is a Skullbearer. Think of them as a living corpse that the hound ghoul commands. A puppet. " Renee explained to her apprentice. The child still wearing the cloak approached the two slowly, the shovel on its shoulder was flat but pointed like a spear, it was sharp looking but old. The child would stop about fifteen feet away from the two, staring at them and seeing what they were going to do first before determining a action.

1675935136266.png

As Auldlich gave himself up to these three, his crooked and evil smile turned to a frown once the one he desired most that was Hope left him, Auldlich's eyes turned to hate. His soon to be Despair would not come to fruition. She'd rather go and help that weak vampire that was too much in a cycle of bloodlust and torpor. She disgusted Auldlich. She chose her friend over killing Auldlich, there was no potential for Hope to become the vision of Despair that the lich hoped for. Auldlich was basically going to give up, nto even reacting to Hope's bounds, as he allowed it to take him, not that it hurt him really with him already being dead. But then Auldlich's eyes looked up seeing the young witch, Iberis approach him.

With Iberis' words, Auldlich snorted, " Mercy? I care little for your mercy. I care for the return of our great lords, Ryke Bulvark and Rosan Bulvark, the great lovers of our people and siblings that have betrayed and stained life itself. A king and queen fit to rule our people. That is what I live and unlive for, young one. " Auldlich spoke. " My people will do without me. We have close to our goal and infiltrated a large majority of Ryke. Nothing you can do will stop or slow our progress down. " Auldlich explained. " I am nothing more than a martyr for those I have led thus far. " Although while Iberis' Enticing didn't work the way she had intended, he did reveal information on their goals, whether it be purposeful or on accident. Although with Iberis' next line of questioning, it did make the undead laugh, " That requires sacrifice. Sacrifice of time, energy and resources. " Auldlich looked at the shackles that were on him, he moved forward and fell onto his hands and knees before raising a hand and slamming it down, the shackles broke with a violent reaction to Auldlich's dark magics that broke the binds that held him, although he move back onto his knees and stared at Iberis. " I can show you how to do such a thing. " The lich explained.

Although before Iberis could react to his line, Iberis would feel her left leg sink into the sands below up to her thigh, looking down she would see a black hole around her leg that caused it to sink with a trail of black leading back to one of Auldlich's hands that laid on the ground while projecting the dark magic. Then it would close on Iberis' leg, severing her leg completely. While Iberis reacted to her leg being chopped off and disappearing, the dark hole would appear before Auldlich with Iberis' leg floating up to the surface like it was water. " The leg of a young witch. A maiden none the less. " Auldlich lifted the leg up then sniffed it deeply. " Blood is power. A virgin's blood is the most precious and sought after resource one can obtain. And here it is. I will show how you can use this to your advantage. " The lich spoke to the most likely freaking out witch that was Iberis. " One of the many offerings one can do. The gift of flesh and blood. " Auldlich explained, whether Iberis was listening or not. Auldlich lifted the leg into the air as it began to sizzle with a darkness, the skin melted and bone deteriorated, like it was going through the process of decay.

" Old Beings of the Dead Earth, hear me and listen. An offer of a Virgin's leg I give to thee. Thou giveth the gift of necromancy to this young girl. A whelp on the roads of darkest magicks and even darker goals. Fulfill her ambitions and curiosity. Show her the way and guide her. " Auldlich chanted quietly as he arose and moved towards Iberis with all four arms stretched out to the young witch. Iberis' leg now gone and disappearing into the air like ash on the wind. " You will know how to raise an army of your making, my apprentice. " Auldlich grabbed Iberis by her arms and pulled her close, his eyes stared at Iberis' as the witch's eyes and head would burn, " Know this knowledge and use it for thy lofty goals. Satisfy thy ambitious aspirations. " Audlich placed a hand over Iberis' face and lifted her up covering her eyes, Iberis would feel sharp pain in her cut off leg, what felt like worms moving into her flesh. " Giveth this lamb the ability to walk once more Old Beings of the Dead Earth. Allow my arm to become a substitute for thy ritual of Dismemberment. Graft her a new leg for her to use. " An intense pain would fill Iberis' entire being as she would feel a darkness travel through her body, like a body trying to climb into her like a suit. This pain felt worse than her own leg getting cut off for only a moment before she would be released and allowed to fall onto the sandy earth. Auldlich stood before her with a smile on his face, lifting three arms into the air, one of his longer arms missing. " Oh, blessed be, thou allowed to walk this earth once more by the Old Beings of the Dead Earth. Thou are a chosen candidate. " Looking to her leg, Iberis would see that it had been restored by Auldlich himself at the cost of one of his arms that he seemed to not care for. Before Iberis could ask or react, her head would become filled with knowledge that Auldlich had known, she would see visions pass by of Auldlich doing the art of Graft. The mending and stitching of tissue to another, this encapsuled the use of dead body parts.

Something Auldlich did as he stitched body parts with one another to create beings that would listen to him. Puppets if you will. " Your art of Grafting will be a work of art and the true path to creating an army. " Auldlich spoke, three spirits appeared before Iberis, in the form of her, wearing her exact same clothes and had her body type although their faces were missing and nothing more than blank faces. " And a gift from me for you to project yourself in multiple places as well, young Iberis. We are one now. More than you realize little witch. We are inseparable. " Auldlich cackled, Iberis would see in the back of her mind that it was burned with the face of Auldlich, a haunting visage. She was no longer an innocent young girl. " You best move on, Iberis, you don't want to be left behind her and have lost your leg for nothing. " The depraved Bishop spoke.

Hope and Kalina would begin to approach the rising castle of Inquiry's Fall with Kalina and see Renee and Scylla in the entrance of the castle, along with a small child and large cloaked being holding a glowing shovel on its shoulder.

Hopped up on adrenaline, Hope subconsciously accepted Iberis' request to go on ahead. After all, Iberis was right; Kalina needed help right now! She couldn't just dilly-dally while her friend bled away! Iberis could just catch up later, right? She could handle it all by herself just fine, right? Even as her heart kept pounding, Hope gave it a brief moment of thought. And all of it sounded wrong.

She tried shaking the nonsense out of her head. What was she thinking? No, she couldn't leave Iberis behind! Not with that thing still behind her! What if he tried to hurt her? What if he had one more disgusting trick up his sleeve? She couldn't let it happen. She had to go back!

"Kalina, wait!" Hope said, her eyes becoming as wide as saucers, "We've gotta get-" But just before Hope could finish her sentence, she watched as Kalina leaned into her, and a sharp, piercing pain ran through her shoulder. Hope let out a small shriek on instinct and jumped away from Kalina, staring at her fearfully. "What the hell was that?! Did you just..." Her eyes trailed to Kalina's mouth, stained with a viscous dark blue fluid. Hope checked her shoulder, and the liquid was there, too, streaming out of two little holes.

Hope shakily turned her gaze back to Kalina, panic starting to quicken her breath. Audilich was right. Naberius was right. Kalina was a vampire - an undead, just like all the other monsters in this realm. And she'd just tried to bite her. Right when she was being kind, too! Just like the other backstabbing monsters. She took a step back, her hand shooting up to her catalyst. Of course, it had tricked her! Was this monster planning this all along? Was it just waiting to catch her off guard, so it could kill her and laugh at how stupid she was? Like hell, it would! She'd have to get rid of it first!

But then it started speaking. Apologizing, just like those stupid slimes. It was probably thinking that would work on her. As if she couldn't tell what it was really thinking. Angrily, Hope narrowed her eyes, focusing her [Sixth Sense- Chaos] on Kalina. Swathes of blue, woeful energy emanated from Kalina, followed by a blanket of anxious purple, all fighting a growing mixture of searing red and orange.

The sight had knocked Hope out of her adrenaline-fueled rage. She wasn't expecting this. These feelings were real. Kalina was terrified; she was trying to fight against something for them! Kalina wasn't acting like these cruel monsters at all. She was at least trying to still be a friend. "And what am I doing?"

Hope felt herself quake with terror as the contrast started to dawn on her."D-Don't worry, Kalina! It's okay! I'm here! You're going to be fine, I promise!" Hope stammered, her voice full of pity, "God, I'm not thinking straight and..." She shook her head, throwing the woman's arm over her, "Forget it! Renee will know what do. I've got you!" Hope shut her eyes and channeled her magic into binding appendages, [Magic F + Tangle F] supporting Kalina, but restraining her head, keeping her out of biting range. As she did so, she could've sworn she'd heard Audilich break out of his bindings further behind her. She prayed Iberis had got the message, too.

After a slow trek, she eventually made it to the entrance of the castle. She hadn't looked back; certain Iberis had to be following. Up ahead, there were a few familiar and unfamiliar faces. She didn't pay attention to the hump-backed beast or its grey-eyed servant. There were more important things at hand. "Scylla! Renee!" Hope said languidly, trudging up to them. "Kalina's hurt, and she's acting all... I dunno. Come on! You've got to help her!"

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1.jpg
Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario

Truthfully Iberis's efforts to be enticing hadn't exactly worked the way she wanted. Iberis was also a bit too preoccupied with what was happening on her end of things to know exactly what started happening with Hope and Kalina who had been injured. It seemed that this being had very little care whether he lived or died at this point from her perspective. That was made even more apparent when he called himself a martyr, and ended up explaining their beliefs in greater detail which she was curious about despite the high risk dangerous situation. She was listening to him so intently she hadn't even tried to interject. Was this really the best use of her time when time was of. the essense? What about Kalina and her injuries? Sacrifice of time and resources? She cared more about when he spoke to her about what she wanted to hear about that much was clear.This opportunity was too great for Iberis to ignore regardless. It was too late to go back now. She found herself becoming increasingly nervous what she had gotten into when she saw that Auldlich had broken his bonds just like that. Wait he could really show her? She felt a moment of excitement, perhaps this had been the right choice. That didn't stop her from tensing up as she gripped her staff hard getting ready to cast in response if she needed too when she felt her self suddenly sink into the ground before she could even really get a proper response out.

That was then followed by a horrible feeling of her leg being severed which she bit lip hard and further tensed her face showing pain on it. She was so shocked that she didn't even call out or scream like one might expect suddenly her leg was there then it wasn't attached. She was so focused on her leg being gone she had a harder time paying attention to the words that the multi-armed undead one was speaking about. She did get the virgin bit into her mind that it was valuable material, but it was HER material being used. If he didn't restore her leg she was going to die in that dimension she thought to herself there were too many enemies around them..her casting wasn't good enough, and she was the only one there it was apparent that Kalina and hope had gone on.. She watched her own leg melt before her..what even was this power? She listened to his words because what else could she do? She was in no condition to cast in this mental state to retaliate..was he holding up his end of the bargain?...suddenly more of a calmness came over her when he heard him say apprentice..that meant that it was unlikely he was going to kill her...
Was she really about to learn the powers that this realm had to offer? Her eyes lit up as she heard the word neceromancery even under these dire circumstances..this was going to expand her power well beyond what she even thought before that much was clear. That positive feeling once more was difficult to maintain when she felt the burning, like he was branding her mind.
This time she couldn't remain silent letting out a cry of pain. she'd squirm immediately with discomfort and panick when he placed his hand on her face and felt the invasive feeling of worms crawling in the leg. Then she felt the invader another sound of pain leaving her that was even more intense, it had probably been impressive that she had restrained so much from expressing herself but this was completely overwhelming.

This was all so fast, as she suddenly had all of this knowledge that she hadn't had before prior to her very body feeling invaded. So this is how he did it...grafting she somehow knew what it was called despite never seeing it done before a testament to his knowledge shared with her. If he knew how to do all of this..certainly there was more power she could gain from this realm, it was just all so overwhelming in that moment. She found herself concerned by the three figures unsure what they meant. What exactly had she done? She had clearly accepted part of this Bishop into her from her understanding..she could see his face so well in the back of her mind in detail. She had gone this far she saw no other option than to hone this grafting she had learned about..she could then build the army she so desired. Despite all of these disturbing things, Iberis looked back calming down some once the pain died down and her mind was able to slow down, almost dry heaving from the experience sweating quite a bit..when she started to cool down.

"Thank you..I'll put this gift to good use." She finally spoke when she could muster the words. She listened to what he had to say, making her way to regroup with the others using her remaining movement actions to get a move on now that her legs worked again.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse

The taste on her lips was irresistibly sweet, as she licked off the remnants of delicious Fae blood that covered them. However, that sweet taste was almost entirely negated by the bitter taste of defeat. First at the hand of that undead, now at the hands of her monstrous nature. Hope's initial reaction made that defeat feel all the more shameful. So many times had she been treated like a monster without deserving it, that she thought she could no longer care about how others would treat her. Yet now that she was actually deserving of such treatment, it hurt so much more than she thought something could. With Hope reaching for her catalyst, Kalina let her head hang, figuring she might as well let it happen and spent the last bits of her life fighting off the desire to go in for more blood.

That's when she heard Hope's voice, as she heard her sounding oddly pitiful. Were she in a better situation, some pride in her might've snapped at that. Right now, all she could feel was confusion. And thirst. And pain. The latter two didn't seem to want leave her alone, although [Blood Drinker F] had gotten her just enough to at least slow the bleeding a little. A different emotion made its way into her system, however, upon the mention of Renee. “Wait.. no... if she sees me like this...”

She knew how pitiful she must look if even this relative stranger felt bad for her. She knew how badly she'd fucked up attacking a friend. How badly she'd fucked up getting this wounded in the first place. What in the world was Renee going to think about that? She'd sent her a letter not too long ago, in which she'd already expressed some weakness. Yet Renee didn't seem eager to sit down and talk, so what if her current situation would have Renee cast her aside altogether? What if it'd be enough to break their sisterly bond?

“She shouldn't see me like this, just... leave me.” Yes, that would be better. She tried to look at Hope, but the moment she did, she almost instinctively tried to lurch for the bleeding shoulder again. It was a good thing she was held in place, as although she might be able to break free from it, it at least managed to make her snap back. It didn't allow her to suppress the fact her eyes would reveal a weird mixture of longing, fear and pain. “I'll be okay soon, I'm a vampire. I'll just... have to take a bit, that's all.” Honestly, she wasn't quite sure, but she hated the alternative of being dragged towards Renee in her current state far more than risking her life on this.

Turning her head away from Hope, she was able to suppress the thirst a little easier. “I know it's much to ask, but please, this has to stay between us... I swear I'll do what I can to make sure this never happens again... I'm sorry, but she can't see me when I'm this pathetic... she can't.” With what strength she had left, she would do what she could to resist heading for Renee, currently fearing her reaction more than she feared whatever else was going on in this insane realm.

Regeneration timer: (2/5 posts left)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (4/4)
C-Grade Cooldowns: (3/3)
D-Grade Cooldowns: (2/2)
F-Grade Cooldowns: (0/0)

43058411-DDDA-45C0-8FD9-800D0E55E74C-3.jpeg
Scylla turned around, with a gasp shortly after picking up the round shell. A sudden chill came over her, before shivering a bit as the feeling seemed to thaw. It was then she wondered if Arthur was still alive, of course, it would make sense, this being the world of the dead after all.

As the witch helped Renee move onward towards her goal, she was happily relived that in spite of all the violence her mentor still retained her sense of humor. In this case, with regards to her pastry offer. She’d giggle as the student witch pulled her hat up from her eyes due to helping Renee, “Oh i’m sure your many admirers would adore you no matter what! But.. perhaps this isn’t the best time to be talking about dessert.” Scylla would then nod at Renee’s request for help, to which she’d oblige.

When Scylla and Renee entered the freshly re-constructed castle, the witch couldnt help but look around, getting a little nervous about the apparently empty plate armor sets. Perhaps she was getting a little too paranoid, although, the paranoia seemed to have gotten her out of all manner of trouble so far. As they made their way deeper into the spire, a most disturbing voice made itself known. When the voice stated it had been some time, Scylla naively assumed it was about her, “Y-yes it has hasn’t it? I.. could you remind me who-“ Suddenly an abomination made its presence known just up ahead. Scylla’s eyes widened, a familiar panic began to set in, just how many more horrible creatures would they encounter in this dark and gloomy underworld?

The conversation that followed made Scylla stand up a little straighter, as talk about Dahak not being dead, and the amount of history between Choax and Renee was astounding! Just how had she acquired such questionable relations with all of these various necromantic types? All she could mutter was, “Dahak? Is.. not dead?”

Then things took a turn for the worse, as tensions suddenly escalated after being prompted for Choax’s intentions. “W-wait a minute! Choax you’re telling me that you want this book so you can control this realm? Isn’t that a little silly? I mean, im not sure if you know, but there is a whole portal that just opened and.. well.. what came out of that portal was also looking for this book. And believe me, if you take this book from us they'll find a way soon or later to find you. Just like they did to us. How about we join forces? We cant work together somehow?

Then Choax would made some fairly petty comments at Renee, to which it seemed to visibly agrivate her friend. “Uh.. there’s more than enough twinkle in Renee’s eyes Choax. I think you’re just trying to wreck her self esteem. Lighten up. err.. i mean.. look.. we just want to get out of here. This book as far as were concerned was taken either by force or by fair trade. Theres a reason this book has chosen Renee, its otherworldy and it seems to have its own intelliegence.”

When the skull bearer made her way towards the two, Scylla took a few steps back. “H-hey.. not one more step, missy!”

Scylla had nothing, and she wasn’t willing to possible start something incredibly dangerous with this eldritch fiend. If it was possible to negotiate something she’d want to at least try to come to an agreement if she could.

It was then that footsteps could be heard not far from where they were standing. “Oh? Well, aren’t you guys a sight for sore eyes! Uh.. we seem to be having a bit of a problem here.” Scylla smiled nervously, still helping Renee keep her footing.

Inquiry's Fall
1676269055518.png
1676269127980.png

Renee Nyx
1676269193831.png

With the entrance of Choax and its Skullbearer, Renee narrowed her eyes eerily at the approaching child with its shovel. The massive figure that was Choax chuckled at Scylla's questioning of Dahak. " Who is to say, child. Dahak is a very resourceful necromancer. One full of hate and ambition. If he truly tricked Naberius. Cudos to him. I had trained him too well. " The rat like figure made its way down the stairs, its shovel glowing with necrotic magic and the jump on its back staring at the two with its flame lighting the way. " Control this realm? No. I cannot control this realm, but I did create the book thanks to help from a witch and Auldlich a long time ago. The book is of this realm, a secret we uncovered a long time ago, child. It holds the secrets to everything you could imagine. Immortality. Control. Power. Knowledge. It was a book not meant to be conceived. " This Choax explained. " Those others that came out of the portal you speak of are allies of mine. " The gravedigger pointed at Renee and Scylla. " She is far gone, child. The look in her eye looked like Dahak's when he was going to snap. " An evil smile crawled across Choax' exposed muzzle. " You don't know your own ally that well, child. She is following the footsteps of Dahak and her own master. "

Renee's eyes widen, fury filled them as she listened to Choax speak. " Shut your mouth you hound! " Renee's eyes glowed red. " Mmm, anger. A sign of guilt and truth. You know I speak the truth, witch. Yet you still hide behind the increasingly cracked facade you've created. " Choax' Skullbearer stopped near Renee and Scylla, staring at them with its dead eyes, not moving an inch or muscle. " The reason the book chose her is because it's been planned from the very beginning, I've guided it to choose her. Since she stepped foot in Kananto. Her fate has been sealed, child. " Choax stated. Although when the voices of Hope were heard, it caused both Renee and Scylla to look backwards and down the steps seeing Hope dragging a severely injured Kalina.

1676269391952.png

Renee's eyes widen seeing her sister in this state, even with the sight of her own sister dying, Renee felt nothing within and that was what shocked her most. She knew she had no feelings for the vampire anymore. Although as turned her head back around, both Renee and Scylla were hit in their heads by the Skullbearer with its shovel. Causing both to fall backwards and down the stairs. Both witches would see a vision unfold before them while experiencing this awful pain. They would share this vision together. They would find themselves strapped onto a table, hands and feet constrained by thick leather straps, looking up at their hands they would have the hands of a child, realizing they both were seeing what this child had experienced. Fear, dread and confusion filled their mind as they did their best to struggle against the restraints. Although as they were laying there, a massive figure would approach and it was Choax, standing over the crying child with a smile on its face. The rotted and gnarly teeth visible, along with the smell of its dead breath, like it was a corpse. " Hello there, little one. Do not worry. You will be perfect for the plan. You will be my Skullbearer. " Choax spoke as it brought a massive claw to its face and gently caressed it. " Wh-Where am I? Where are my mommy and daddy! " The child sounded like a boy to which Choax patted his head. " Do not worry, my child. They will miss you. They know you are on a journey that only happens every once in a few lifetimes. Mommy and daddy are not coming. They've gifted me you. " Choax spoke sadistically as it brought a claw down to his chest where it then ripped open the child and the pain began. Visions skipped and came back before the eyes were grabbed and pulled out, hung up on a rack above the table where the child witnessed this massive beast continue to work on the child. " You will be perfect, child. " Screams filled the small lair that Choax was in. It was a hopeless and sick situation. The memory skipped once more with the child standing up on the floor staring ahead at the wall. There was the sound of clicking and flesh ripping with the occasional wiggle. Renee and Scylla would feel some sort of sensation in the back of their head, like an itch in their brain before it turned to pain. Pain that could not be expressed in any way, shape or form. An unimaginable pain with no mouth to scream.

Finally, the memory skipped again with the child being wrapped in a cloak and given a shovel by Choax, it emitted necrotic magic. " My Skullbearer. So beautiful. Auldlich's gift of Grafting has helped me out so much. " Choax stared into the child's eyes despite them not being visible. " You are my ninety ninth Skullbearer. I hope for there to be ninety-nine more. " Choax cackled before patting the puppet's head. " You will do as I demand. " Choax stated, although this did not come from its lips but from inside the grafted child's head. The memory passed and both Renee and Scylla were on the ground, being knocked down the stairs and laying in front of Hope and Kalina. Both their heads would hurt badly whilst the unimaginable pain would fade away, although looking up they would see Choax still at the top of the stairs and the Skullbearer coming down further. Renee held her head and hissed in pain, getting up just to stumble to the side and fall over. She shook her head and looked up at Hope and Kalina before she stood up and made her way over to the two. " What happened? " She asked looking at her sister. " How could you get so careless, sister? " Renee asked, she looked to Hope, " Deal with the child. " Renee told her, " I will do my best to help my sister. " Renee took Kalina from Hope. Renee's eyes looked tired as she knelt down with Kalina. Renee didn't say much as she made Kalina lay down while she pulled the Codex of Death out, Renee's eyes looking at each page as she flipped through them. " Come on... I need you to kill this damn thing, Kalina... " Renee whispered to herself as she quickly looked through each page before her eyes widen finding a page. Renee placed the book down and looked at her dying sister before Renee pushed her hand to Kalina's mouth, " Bite. And bite hard. " Renee told her although she ended up pushing her hand into Kalina's mouth where she punctured her own hand on her fangs, while the pain was great, Renee hardly reacted at all. The witch then pulled her hand out of Kalina's mouth and wiped the blood off her hand and scraped it in the page of the book.

Renee began to whisper quietly as she placed her bloody hand over Kalina while dripping her fresh blood on her sister, her words sounded like she was speaking backwards in a chant. Renee's eyes stared up at the grey skies above while her other hand held the book in place. Kalina would feel this tight feeling in her chest like her lungs were being squeezed. Although the pain in her chest was beginning to go away, the witch closed her eyes before she clenched her bloody hand into a fist that caused much more blood to flow and fall onto Kalina, into her chest wound. Renee's expression turned to one of pain as she kept speaking this unknown language. Kalina would begin to feel more energy come back to her as when she looked, she would see her chest wound had closed up leaving behind a dark scar along with some boob action. Renee fell backwards while breathing heavy, her blood hand stinging as Renee did her best to try recuperating. She kept shutting her eyes like she was seeing something. The witch held the side of her head where there was a massive bruise from being hit by the shovel. Kalina would begin to feel a lot better, although her hand was still gone but she could move by herself now, her hand wound had now been closed from the spell or ritual was the more appropriate word, done by her sister. " Kalina... Go kill. That beast. " Renee told her sister through her deliriousness while pointing in Choax' direction.

Scylla would then wake up on the ground as well, seeing the Skullbearer moving towards her and Choax cackling on the staircase before moving down towards the group. " Little child has experienced true perfection. Why not be my thrall too, child? You would make an excellent specimen. " Choax spoke to Scylla through the Skullbearer, it was Choax' voice.

With Iberis' new knowledge in a new and forbidden field, she would have this cold feeling on her shoulder and in the back of her mind new memories would arise, the scene played out in a pretty blurry fashion like all this was a foggy memory, the details of everything were hard to see but the voices and dialogue was easy to decipher. While she trekked across the desert plains back towards the massive derelict castle, she would see herself following after a man wearing golden armor without a helmet on. " Hurry up, Auldlich. We haven't time for your slowness. " The voice growled; the man looked like a renown general, his armor decorated in many dents, slashes and malformations. This man looked rather young though, in his twenties. He turned his head to look at Iberis, his eyes were dark and lifeless. " I am, General Naberius. It's not exactly easy for an older priest such as myself. " Iberis would speak as the two walked down a long and echoey hallway. To the sides there were blurry busts of human figures although the details hard to make out.

" I don't know why King Ryke called on you to be a part of this, I don't trust you religious fanatics. " Naberius stated harshly. " My lord, if you got to know me a little bit more. You'd know I am on the King's side. I did aid in his escape and retrieval after all. " Auldlich spoke, " Yes. But it's not too far off to think you'd backstab our current king. Again. Especially now that they're the last of the Bulvark bloodline. Last thing we need is another dead king. We already have a war on our hands with the King's sister. We don't need any more civil unrest. We got enough of the people trying to riot. " Naberius was obviously stressed, he looked rather exhausted. " Of course, my lord. I can see why you'd think that. But keep in mind, Ryke Bulvark was who helped me rise up the ranks of the church. I owe him and I know who to stick with. I have the power of the church to help ease civil unrest. Even call the rioters heretics against the church and state. It will be delt with. " Auldlich assured the general who looked not at all relieved.

As the two made their way to the end of this hall, they came up to two large doors that had mirroring symbols of a lion's head with a sword through the bottom, coming out of the top. Iberis would watch Naberius push open the doors and walk on in with Auldlich following. They would come up to a large table with a massive map along with small blocks everywhere, the map looked like one of Ryke although it looked divided into two countries. On the other side of the table was a man wearing very lavish clothing while he leaned over the map with both hands on the table staring at it before looking up at Naberius and Auldlich who both bowed to this king, " Your Grace. " Both of them spoke humbly then stood straight up. The king had bandages that wrapped around his entire head besides his eyes which looked furious and hateful. There was so much hate it would send a chill down Iberis' spine. This was a dangerous man. " Naberius. Auldlich. About time, I was wondering where you two were at. How goes the war effort General? " This king spoke, Naberius sighed deeply then was quiet for a few moments, " It's in a stalemate, your grace. We have been able to push your sister's army back to their borders but from there its been nothing but a back and forth. In other words, a stalemate. " Naberius explained in which the king growled and swung a arm to the side, knocking over the small blocks and figures off the table. " DAMN THAT WHORE! " He roared then slammed a fist on the table, his eyes intensified. " She betrays me and then takes ME to war! After all we've done for each other! " The king yelled before a long silence fell over the room. The king sighed and stood straight up looking at the ceiling. He shook his head and looked back down at the two. " Where's Vulm at? We need him here as well. Orcus and Choax too. " The King spoke.

" Vulm is currently in the process of making a new potent flame mechanism. He will be here shortly. Although for Orcus and Choax. I got a report that the two have been spotted in your sister's company. They've turned to her side my liege. " Silence lingered afterwards, the King hung his head silently like he was thinking. He then threw his head back up and pushed himself off the table. " I lost my head necromancer and Ratkin alchemist... " The king stated softly. " All to my own sister. " The king stated as he sighed deeply. This entire scene was depressing to watch. " I loved my sister at one point. I wished for us to have children. Now I want her dead more than anything. I don't even care about ruling my kingdom. In the end. All that matters is that she dies. " The king stated, " And now two of my advisors left to go to her side. " He then shook his head, " I am Ryke Bulvark! I will have her head! And those of the traitors! " He vowed before looking to Auldlich. " Have you been able to find anything from when we last discussed our theories? " Ryke would ask the priest. Iberis would see that she moved around the large war table and to the king. " Yes, My Lord. I did so with Choax' help before she ended up turning. She dabbled in dark arts as well and we were able to uncover a book. One she ended up finding. " Auldlich then reached into his robe and pulled out a very familiar book out. It was the one that Renee had. " The Codexius Choaxirs it is called. Or translated into Codex of Death. " Auldlich handed the book to Ryke. Iberis would see the book still looked the same.

The cover of it was made of skin with stitching all over the place. Like it was grafted together. But it still felt alive in Iberis' hands. It was a very creepy feeling. Is this what Renee felt when she held it? She never mentioned it before. Ryke took the book into his hands and opened it, looking at the pages. " What is this language, Auldlich? " Ryke asked. The priest let out a sigh, " I am still not sure, your liege. I haven't been able to figure it out just yet. Although I am close to deciphering the language itself. " Ryke's eyes looked up at the priest for a few moments before he slowly closed it and handed it back. " Continue deciphering it, old friend. We may be able to use its texts to figure out a solution to winning this war. " Ryke commanded before Auldlich bowed deeply. " Yes, your grace. I will do so once I am back at my cathedral. " Auldlich and Nerbius would bow before leaving the war room. Once out they began to walk down the hallway. " He suspects nothing. " Naberius stated which made Auldlich laugh, " No he has not. Orcus and Choax will do their best to get close to Rosan Bulvark. We can use this book to finally unite them and finish this war as soon as possible, General. Vulm is currently using the Stakes of Flame to come up with a teleportation spell. Hopefully then we can finally bring this war to a close. I just hope we can do it rather soon. Who knows what the rioters will do next. " Auldlich sighed. Naberius nodded, " Agreed. We can do our best to push them back. While we are strong in power, they have numbers. An unstable kingdom can be overthrown by the civilians that have had enough of such foolery. " Naberius mentioned. " Get it done, Auldlich. We don't have much time left. " The two continued walking until they diverged paths, the memory would end there for Iberis, it was such a strange vision but one of Auldlich and Naberius before they turned into undead. They also mentioned Vulm and two others that Iberis had no clue about. This seemed like it was before they became the Blue Viscera Occultists. Iberis would reach the front of Inquiry's Fall seeing the scene before her.

" Do you really think your little group is safe from me because of your little protection ward, young apprentice? " The voice of Renee's master rang through to everyone, " You are dead wrong. " A shadow moved pass each of the group members with the rune that Renee had instilled onto everyone to protect them from the unknown horrors of this world appearing around each person once more, a ring with strange symbols slowly moved around each of them before they each then broke like glass and dissipated into nothingness. With each of their protective wards breaking and disappearing. They were now free game for the boogeymen here, the ones Dahak had spoken of previously that Renee told her about, to avoid. To give everyone a charm or a ward to disguise them from the things here. Now with Dahak gone, the group torn down, the Blue Viscera Occult's appearance, the protective wards shattered. It could only get worse from here.

The world around Inquiry's Fall began to morph and change, the land twisted and change dimensions, like it was being folded similar to paper. Although the land instead stuck up straight in the air with the walls closing in, the land seemed to have morphed into a twisted dimension of untold creatures loomed over what was Inquiry's Fall. A feeling of enmity and dread would strike the group in their hearts. This was the beginning of the end. This world was far from dead. They were hidden. Sleeping. Waiting. It was time for their feast. Their time to reign and come forth. " This is what lies beneath the illusion of ignorance. True horror. A realm of Essence Eaters. An unstoppable and endless horde that cannot be satiated. No negotiating. I have given you each a chance to come to your senses. You've allowed this charlatan, the wannabe witch, to doom you all. " The voice then began to laugh evilly before fading away, being replaced by the sickening and drowning noises of the creatures in this realm, the endless growling, moaning, yelling, screaming, cries.

1676270480761.png

Renee would feel the earth quake beneath her and do her best to arise. Looking up at the skies to see the horrors that was this world not being aware of the living here. They had awoken an unknown horror here. Her master was the ruler of this realm. " No... What is this place... The Codexius... The Codexius has the answers. " Renee spoke trying to get up, she had used the Codexius too much and it was now beginning to affect her. Iberis would come up on Renee laying on the ground trying to get up, her eyes solely focused on the open Codexius in front of her, she was trying to reach it but wasn't able to. Iberis would grab it or go on ahead and help the others with the massive beast and this small, cloaked child.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee/Chaox Skyhunter Skyhunter | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Kalina snapped back to reality from the taste of blood on her tongue. Something else had snapped alongside it. There was a slightly familiar taste, yet it tasted more powerful.. yet also... concerning? She wasn't sure how blood could taste concerning. Still, there was an overwhelming taste of magic that made the starving vampire bite down hard enough to almost bite off a finger in an instinctive attempt to desperately consume more and more of this blood. Her mind, dulled by almost dying and having passed out, couldn't really discern much other than the taste of life entering her mouth and flooding into her blood vessels.

Finally, some of the pain started leaving her body. Was her regeneration kicking in again? She wasn't quite sure, as her senses still felt dulled. Had she passed out? Probably. She had issues recollecting the latest events. When her hearing got working a bit better again, she heard a familiar voice speaking an unfamiliar language. “Renee, you're alright.” She said, her voice still weak. She was reminded of their first meeting. She'd been starving herself, unable to find a good blood source and throwing constantly up due to trying to rely on animals. It'd been Renee offering up her blood that had gotten her going then. It was just like that time. Her dear sister, saving her when she was in need. Why had she ever been concerned about meeting her? How silly of her. Of course her sister would save her. That's what they were sister for!

Through her pain, a slight smile formed on her face. Yes, things would be alright. She'd heal, thanks to Renee, then they'd be able to talk some things through... what did she even want to talk through again? Probably nothing too concerning. She didn't want to think about it. Everything was alright. Yes, their relation was as strong as it'd ever been. “Sorry you had to feed me again, but it was as delicious as I remembered, if not even better~” She said, managing to speak up again and trying to... to what? She wasn't even sure what she was trying at this rate.

She noticed she was still missing a hand. How annoying. Ah well, it'd grow back soon. After all, she'd gotten her precious sister's blood to flow through her veins again. Reunited, back where they started. What a wonderful day! This was perfect~ She didn't need to think about what Renee was reading. She didn't need to think about where they were. She didn't need to think about why her sister looked like she wasn't doing well. She didn't need to worry about having been considered a failure. None of that was of any concern whatsoever. All of it was fine.

“Go kill that beast? Huh?” She said, then looked at Chaox. “Oh, the guy from Dahak's dungeon. He's an enemy now? That's a shame, I sort-off like him. Ah well, I'll do it~ After all, who would refuse a request from their precious and beloved sister?” She gave a broad smile, her eyes revealing sincere happiness with an undertone of... well... madness.

She then headed up to Dahak. “Hello again big guy~ I'd like to say it's great to meet you a gain, but I'm afraid my sister wants you dead. Ah, don't worry, I'll take good care of that kid of yours if it becomes orphaned~ They're rather cute, after all.” She'd use her stump to wave at the Skullbearer. “Oh right, I'm still missing a hand. You'd not happen to have a spare one around, do you? Just kidding~ My sister's blood will have it grown back in no-time. Isn't she perfect?”

That's when she realised. “Oh, why don't you just surrender! I've made the most lovely magical friends and have the best sister ever, but I've got room for another friend~ She wanted you dead, but I'm sure that if you ally with us instead, she'll spare you. She's merciful like that~” Yes, that would be the better option. Friends were great. Not as great as sisters, but still great.

Soon, the ward she'd been gifted was broken by Renee's master. “Hey, that was my sister's. I'll make you pay for that.” She threatened to nothing in particular. The world around them was soon changing and shifting in ways she didn't quite understand. What she did understand, however, was that they were likely in a rush to get this creature killed by now.

It's why she'd try to vanish in the shadow, hoping to make her way behind Chaox to attack him with a strong [Sneak Attack] aimed at that weird lump on his back, whatever that was. Had she offered him to be friends? Eh. He'd probably just reject it anyway. It was best to just listen to her sister and kill the thing. After all, her precious sister knew best.

Regeneration timer: (1/5 posts left)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (0/4)
Sneak Attack: – Appraisal D, Darkvision F, Stealth B, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.
C-Grade Cooldowns: (0/3)
D-Grade Cooldowns: (0/2)

Iberis Odhir

Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse

As Iberis moved along she saw the memory unfold before her. It was disorientating at first particularly since it was as if she was speaking words in the memory with a voice that was not her own and took Iberis some time to understand exactly was going on. The names however were very familar to her, and that's when she realized it was Auldlich's memory for certain when she heard Naberius say his name that name she had heard earlier. Regardless the scene that was created for her was striking with the castle and the pair walking and talking together about some sort of conflict. Iberis was quite interested in the history they were speaking of as she could only assume that's what it was using the context clues that these guys had probably been undead for quite some time. Of course she wasn't entirely sure just how accurate the memory was but she was getting some details which seemed important out of it. The dark and lifeless eyes she saw were a tad unsettling to her even if she knew that she wasn't actually there it still felt like it.

She tried to study the map once they entered, with the vision that she got but due to the details of the vision memory not being as refined as they could have been how much she could make out was probably dubious at best. What was even more unsettling was the pure murderous intent that she sensed immediately coming from the king with how much hatred she could feel just by looking at him. What had this man gone through? Who had wronged him? Iberis only had even more questions about this fellow than she had answers. When he started yelling about his sister and slammed the table Iberis would have flinched if she was actually there, feeling like she had even though she hadn't in the memory. Indeed from what she could see this guy really did love his sister, perhaps part of him did even with the amount of malice she had sensed, but it was clear he had gone beyond that enough that he was willing to kill his sister to seize the power for himself. Part of Iberis felt bad for certain hearing him speak like that, but the other part felt a greater sense of realism that this was just how the world worked. It was kill or be killed, take the power or let someone else take it, it was only becoming more apparent to her as time went on. This story of betrayal feeling a bit too real to her.

Iberis's eyes would have lit up however when the conversation turned back to Auldich, and she saw the very book that Renee had seeming been gatekeeping and not sharing a ton of information about with her it felt like. It was the Codexius Choaxirs! Deciphering the language? Was this how this group of men had defied death? Had Auldlich's work ensured that they could come back in the very forms that Iberis and her party had been witnessing and fighting against? These forms were so powerful!

What felt strange was when Auldlich held the book in the memory it was as if she could feel the book herself in her hands, skin that felt alive yet grafted..and this was some of the power that had been bestowed upon her the rest of the scene unfolded and she heard about what they were plotting. There were still so many questions and names which she was not familiar with. and before she knew it she was back with the others as if she had been guided during the vision. What she heard was rather disturbing.

She heard Renee's master yet again, and she saw the shadows coming, the wards were failing and everything was going to hell in a hand basket real quick. Renee had fallen, not dead but weakened, meanwhile Kalina was still in horrible shape. She knew that out of those who remained in their party with some of the most powerful there in such poor condition. However part of Iberis felt more at ease, despite these dire circumstances she wasn't alone, she had someone who was extremely familar it sounded like with this world who now had a potential incentive to keep her alive..at least she hoped. Truthfully she wasn't entirely sure what apprenticing for Auldich discretely looked like as so far it had entailed making her feel extremely ill and violated, then seeing strange memories, hopefully the benefits would come soon.

Suddenly the world around them started to show amany horrors. Iberis knew that if she didn't act there was a chance that all of them could be killed. Who would have known that such a powerful being was here? Seeing Renee downed almost made her think about what would have happened had she decided to work with REnee's master instead, particularly if Renee really was holding her back. She was feeling her heart start to beat more as more of the world became increasingly twisted and dark, she was breaking into a cold sweat, gripping her staff looking all around them.

In response Iberis stopped and quickly casted Energy Shield E on herself, moving her staff around in a rectangular motion as red arcane energy built causing the floating red shield of energy to move around her person rapidly ready to defend her from any incoming attacks if it was needed.

As Iberis got closer and saw Renee and Kalina's interactions while they were both in really bad shape suddenly Kalina was somehow managing to attack Chaox who seemed like had been causing a many problems for the group from what Iberis could gather. Meanwhile Scylla and Hope were limited in what they could do at the moment too it seemed with Scylla providing limited aid to Renee. Now wasn't the time for her to call out to anyone or do anything than spring into action herself. She saw the Codexius Choaxirs laying there and Renee reaching out for it who was clearly too weak to use it, so she moved as fast as she could to snatch it up, hearing Renee.

"You're too weak right now. Let me take the burden." She spoke with more confidence than she actually felt towards Renee regardless of what she might have had to say.

She then thought to herself Master please, I know that you are one of the most knowledgeable beings here about the Codexius Choaxirs you cracked the language didn't you? .please help me, to get us all out of here alive...She tried mentally speaking to Auldlich uncertain how receptive he would be to it given their relationship but she had to try as she wasn't sure what else to do, she gripped the book and probably felt that uncomfortable feeling take hold over her from the living skin as she looked at the contents of the book, trying to mentally prepare herself for what was going to happen to her after her attempted commune with the undead Zealot and her attempted use of the book.

Energy Shield -Magic Affinity E, Magic Targeting F, Arcane Affinity F, Energized E, Focus E-Creates a floating 14″ x 16″ shield of energy in front of the target that moves around rapidly to absorb magic or physical damage. Blocks most low grade attacks for one round. - Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)

Hope paced nervously as Renee worked her magic on Kalina. She wasn't sure if she could watch. How could anyone come back from something like this? Monster or not, surely, losing all that blood would kill anything, wouldn't it? With the dreadful thought hanging in her mind, she paused and glanced at Kalina's slow but now conscious form. A wave of relief crashed over her. Thank God she was wrong. "Kalina!" Hope cheered, her eyes forming into large arcs, "You're..." The words died on her tongue, a torrent of chaotic shapes and colors flooding her vision. Greenish reds, pinkish blues, yellowish purples, colors she didn't even know existed. Hope felt her head swim as it tried to decipher whatever madness this was supposed to be. It didn't make any sense. She wanted to say Kalina was okay. But it was all wrong. Something had changed.

Through strained eyes, Hope tried to reach a comforting hand to Kalina, but then the voice returned. This time, it hadn't come with insults and condescending monologues, reality contorting and reforming as the magical ward broke under her. Hope felt her hands ball into fists. This was getting grating. What was the point of constantly interfering when nothing was going its way? Renee or Scylla would just save them with a spell, anyway! This was all just a huge waste of time!

But the indignance on her face twisted in concern as soon as she turned to face Renee. She wasn't casting any spells. She was too focused on that book. Something had changed there, too.

Trying to keep her growing panic at bay, Hope looked around the room, only to finally acknowledge the two monsters further upstairs. Her eyes wobbled at the sight of the empty-looking child. She tried not to think about how it had ended up here. That feeling would come again. She couldn't let it define her. "Just. Stay. Calm," Hope repeated to herself as she held a hand, channeling her magic into [Detainment - D] and sending forth a flurry of restraining globs toward the two monsters. Chanting another spell, she held up another hand, willing her shadow magic into a dark, harmful wave, sending [A Touch of Bedlam - E] crashing towards Chaox alone.

• [Detainment] - Chaos Affinity F + Magic D + Magic Range E + Magic Targets E + Energized E + Selective Magic E + Homing F + Tangle F + Continuing F - Hope sends forth a flurry of homing iridescent projectiles that ensnares a target in a strange, adhesive substance that continuously damages them. With Selective Magic, certain targets can be rendered immune to the attack. - Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown
  • [A Touch of Bedlam] - Affinity (Chaos) F + Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Empathy F + Affinity F (Shadow) + Magic E + Energized E + Selective Magic E + Homing F- Hope sends a dark wave of perplexing chaos that bends towards the closest target. It can hit up to five targets at a maximum of 30ft. - 0 post Cooldown - Grade E

Inquiry's Fall
1676953054254.png
1676953072513.png

With Iberis' entrance after experiencing the strange memory, she saw the book, the Codex of Death laying at her feet. She would feel a strange feel that it was calling to her, on her own accord, Iberis would pick up the book. " NO! " Renee roared trying to get up, her eyes glowing red with hatred as she reached towards Iberis, unable to do anything. Even casting her own magics she couldn't. You will learn everyone once you pick up the Grafted Book. Iberis would hear echo in her head, You have a part of me like I have a part of you. Auldlich would say ominously. As Iberis took the books into her hand, she would feel like the world was merging with another. Her vision changed until the entire world changed and she would find herself elsewhere, she was within some sort of underground tomb it looked like, standing with the grafted book in her hands.

1676955655422.png

Looking down she would see she was wearing priest robes and having older skin. " Hey, Auldlich. Hurry it up. " A growl would come from in front of her, when she looked up she saw Naberius standing there wearing dark clothes as opposed to his golden armor. " Oh yes, right away. " Iberis would speak walking after Naberius as they walked through what looked like catacombs. " Don't be going senile on me just yet, priest. " Naberius scoffed, " Is that affection I hear, general? " Auldlich asked with a laugh which got a small chuckle out of the general. " You're just imagining things, priest. Don't make it weird. " The two would continue walking through this massive chasm until they reached a massive statue of a skeleton holding a sword. On the statue there was a recently made plaque that stated King Gustet Bulvark. " Ah yes. King Gustet. A nasty man he was, barely a king. Had his own son tortured for a year because he got into bed with his own sister then shipped her off as a peace treaty with an even nastier baron. " Auldlich stated with a tone of disgust. " A plot you've seeped your nasty old hands into? I still don't know how you managed to stage a coup against the king. " Naberius sighed, " But good on you. We may be able to reunite Ryke into a unified country once again. Hopefully live in peace or even prosper our territory outward. " Naberius stated. Auldlich chuckled as the two passed by the massive grave, " Maybe once this is all over, I'll tell you General. In the meantime, keep thinking. " The priest joked. The two continued their way through the catacombs until they reached a brazier that was lit with flame with four figures around it.

Naberius and Auldlich grew closer to the flames and would see the other four. A female Ratkin holding a potion of sorts, a serious looking big man with a angry looking expression was holding a massive unlit torch next to him with his mouth sewn shut, a hooded necromancer with glowing blue eyes and a skull tattooed over his face, and finally a witch that looked like Renee- RENEE!? " Ah, hello there. You must be General Naberius and Auldlich. " The witch smiled kindly, she wore the same outfit even. Renee did say she stole her current outfit from her master after killing her. " I am Marizopa. Or Mari for short. Your fellow Council members, Chaox and Orcus told me your little plan. Poor Vulm here can't talk but he certainly likes to look. " Mari stared at Vulm and gave a wink in which Vulm said nothing as he couldn't and looked over at Naberius who shook his head. " Enough of the chitchat. How are things with Rosan? " Naberius asked with a sigh. Choax smirked, " Ah yes-yes, everything is well-good. Miss Rosan suspects-feels nothing. Although she is quite the crazy-insane human. She did take-cut a man's pleasure parts off and fed them to him on the execution-kill gallows. Talking of demons. " This ratkin explained which made everyone silent. Naberius sighed deeply, " These two siblings deserve each other... Alright, Orcus, any news? " The general asked hoping for more news. The necromancer smirked, " Yes actually. I was able to look into options with resurrecting the dead in the south of Ryke. There is a huge cemetery near the small town of Kananto. We could create a small army there and have them roam up north. That will cause both Ryke and Rosan to unite and fight these undead. Stop their fighting and have civilians stop their rioting. The plan is ready to go. " Orcus stated with an unsettling smile. " We can stop a war and unite the country. Good job, Orcus. " Naberius said with a breath of relief. His mood had gotten better and lighter. " Mari. What have you discovered? " Naberius asked the witch.

The witch smiled deviously. " I had communed with entities not of this world and discovered another realm. I ended up finding information on that grafted book you hold, Auldlich(IBERIS)- " Mari's face warped for a moment into a ghastly wide smile that ripped her skin, and her eyes widen that they became bloodshot before it returned to normal, this looked like it was a message to Iberis and not what really happened in the memory. " That is a book from that realm. The Codex of Death or the Codexius Chaoxirs. Strangely named after you, Ratkin. " Mari looked to Choax who smiled widely. " We can use the book to also bring your king and queen together. Manipulate their minds. I don't know the extent of this book's powers or even its language, but I can try to decipher it if allowed to. " Mari looked to Auldlich who looked to Naberius who hesitated then nodded. Auldlich walked over to Mari and gently handed the book over as Mari took it, although as the two held the book, the memory froze with Iberis staring at Mari. (Iberis. This book is mine. Not yours. You think you can handle the truth? You decided betray Renee and go with that old corpse, Auldlich? And not with me who has become a God?) Mari's eyes moved from the book to Iberis' as if she was staring at her through the memory. (It was because of me this raggedy group became what they are today. I gave them immortality. As they gave me the right to rule over a realm of unknown entities.) The memory would continue as Mari took the grafted book and began to flip through its old pages, her eyes lighting up with glee. Similar to Renee whenever she discovered any sort of new knowledge. " Vulm. How is the new weapon coming along? " Naberius asked. Vulm held the massive mace out over the fire in which it would catch flame, raging with orange flames as Vulm held it in his hands, he even placed a hand up into the flames and pulled out a small piece, his hand unharmed. Vulm then slammed the other end of the mace on the ground, and it completely went out. " Nice, that will be useful against the fight with the upcoming undead. Looks like our plan is a go, people. Orcus, Choax and Mari go ahead and head back to Rosan. Keep an eye on her. How long should it take to decipher the book, witch? " Naberius asked Mari, the witch was constantly flipping through pages with widen eyes as she examined each page with ease while whispering to herself. " Witch? " Naberius called louder in which Mari looked up with a look of bloodlust in her eyes. " A couple days. " Mari stated rudely.

The room went quiet as they looked from Naberius to Mari. Naberius narrowed his eyes, " Hey. It's because of my say so that you even here in the first place. Shut your mouth and speak when spoken to. " Naberius pointed a finger at her with the same bloodlust in his eyes. Mari stared at him for a few moments. " Understood? " Mari took a deep breath before exhaling, " Yes. Understood. " Naberius let his hand fall before turning around, " Let's go, Auldlich. " As the two were walking away, Mari would speak, " Hold on. Auldlich. Chaox. Come here. " Mari stated looking at the book. When the two came to her side and looked at the book, they would see strange symbols and words that they would begin to understand but strangely not know. " Auldlich, touch here. Choax, pour that potion we've been brewing up on the pages. " Mari told her as Mari also placed her hand on the page of the book. Choax did as told and poured the potion when Auldlich and Mari touched the book. The liquid was black and seeped into the pages like water to a sponge. Auldlich and Mari both would watch the words morph and change before their visions darkened but only seeing the book and its words. The book quickly flipped rapidly before it closed and moved towards their visions before it disappeared into their faces. Auldlich would experience a hell like no other, he witnessed a dead realm, seeped and covered with dead. Unexplainable horrors rose from the depths, all of them reaching into the grey skies where an eclipsed moon floated with the book open. Auldlich would fall backwards laughing, his eyes wide with knowledge. He would learn this language and got up quickly, seeing Choax on the floor as well. Mari still standing there with the book, her eyes widen and bloodshot, tears of blood flowing down her cheeks. " I know the language. " She whispered, " I know the secrets. "

Naberius stared at her with a suspicious look. " Good. Give the book back to Auldlich. We can start tomorrow. " Mari's smile quickly disappeared as she looked at Naberius who only stared her down. Mari then smirked, " Of course... Yes. Of course. " She turned to the priest and handed him the book back; her eyes were crazy looking. Although as Mari spoke, Iberis would blink and find herself staring down Renee back in real time, Renee had gotten up looking Iberis down, " Give the book back! " She looked exhausted and tired. Iberis would be standing there with the book open, when she looked at the pages, she would understand it. Everything. The book was practically pouring with knowledge. Looking at it, Iberis would see that the book was talking to her, She means to betray you. Kill her. " Iberis, give me the damn book. You don't know what it is capable of! " The witch yelled. Although Iberis would begin to know about this realm they were in, it was nameless except for one. The Realm where the Dead go. Iberis would feel like she could break down the world around them. When she turned around, she would see the horrors of this world getting closer and closer but there was Naberius and Auldlich fending them off. The real them, the undead they have turned into.

Naberius using his axe to chop and slaughter these strange beings while golden streaks flowed around the desert, in and out of ground, stabbing and slicing into these entities like butter. Auldlich was using shadow magic that disintegrated the entities into nothingness while grafted corpses were replacing them and taking the fight to this realm.

1676960773424.png

Choax chuckled seeing Kalina walking up towards her as the world around them was beginning to devour itself. " The little vampire, good to see you again. And so soon. You haven't changed a bit. You've only shown your true face. " The massive rident cackled. " I can't die. I would be letting the mission fail, our plan in the making cannot fail you see. " Choax slammed the bottom of her shovel down which caused the massive eye to turn and look all around Choax. " I know how you fight, vampire. I've witnessed it during your fight with Dahak. Poor poor Dahak. You like to sneak up on your opponent and attack. Like the little creeper you are, vampire. " Choax chuckled. As Kalina tried to move around Choax the eye would stare immediately in Kalina's direction, making her sneak fail. " I have found you. " Choax stated as the Skullbearer came straight for Kalina from her side, swinging the shovel at the vampire, Kalina would instinctually block the attack, although Kalina would see into the Skullbearer's eyes and see how empty and dead they were. " You rely too much on your one little trick. It had failed twice against Auldlich which caused you to lose a hand and breast, did you expect it to work on me too? Become more creative next time, little vampire. " Choax taunted. Although as Kalina fought against the Skullbearer, she was distracted with their little fight to see Hope nearby.

1676961746138.png

Choax would turn her head too late and see Hope had casted a binding spell on both the large, cloaked rodent and the Skullbearer. " No! " Choax hissed as Hope's orbs bound the two of them, Choax' smile turned into a snarl. The skullbearer fell to one knee while being trapped in the detainment. Choax' arms became useless in which it tried to break out of it. Although Hope's next attack came up with her Touch of Bedlam being directed to Choax. The massive rodent took the brunt of the attack and fell backwards onto the stairs, she roared in pain as the chaotic magic would be seen having affect on her. Chaox cackled through the pain, " The Shadow Fae has some strength to her after all. " The cloaked rodent taunted, looking down at Hope. " That all -agh- you can do, little shadow fae? " Choax laughed at her despite being in pain and still detained.

Kalina Chivernu
Languages: Common | =Monster=
Mentions: Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse

Kalina was frustrated. Not changed a bit? She'd been on a journey of self-discovery to those blasted Marshes. She'd been making friends. She'd been trying confront what she was, rather than to ignore it or run away from it. She'd been trying to talk about it with Renee. Surely, she'd changed, thanks to that, right? This blasted thing just wanted to throw her off her game. It wouldn't work. It wouldn't.

She didn't mind being called a creeper. If that's what she had to be to help her precious sister, she'd be one. No problem. She clicked her tongue when she was forced on the defensive by the Skullbearer. “=Out of the way filth, my business is not with you.=” She almost hissed at the Skullbearer, speaking in the [monster] tongue. A language she'd been weary not to use this far, having always tried to deny those aspects of her being.

Besides, her regeneration was working. It'd taken long enough, but her hand was growing back. Losing a limb or two was just some unfortunate weight loss. A waste of energy at worst. It didn't matter, she'd have Renee to resupply her with blood and energy. Her dear sister.

That's when Hope managed to bind the Skullbearer. “Well done!” Kalina called out. A wicked smile adorning her face. “Sorry, little one, but...” She halted. “But...” What? Come on. The bloody thing was standing silent in front of her. STAB IT. KILL IT. DESTROY IT. Hope was giving her the perfect opportunity.

Why the hell was she hesitating to kill it? Its empty and lifeless eyes weren't even vaguely humanoid, so why, why did it make her feel shaken? Was this... was this the type of lifeless future she was going to go by? Was that what she was gong to become if she'd keep letting the madness get to her? Yet... her sister...

Kalina's hand shook. The rapier trembled. “What do I do?” She mumbled, to nobody in particular. No. She took a deep breath, rushing past the Skullbearer and heading over to Chaox instead. She'd keep her rapier at the creature's throat. “What's your game? What do you want here?” Part of her told her to Kill it, kill it now, like her sister told her to.

Yet, some part of her, also genuinely wanted to know why a creature she once perceived as some sort of an ally had to die. Part of her didn't want to kill something needlessly. “Hope, what do I do?!?” She heard herself call out that name in shock. Not Renee. Her first instinct was to call out for Hope? Why that creature? Why the shadow Fae? No, she knew why. She knew that if she wanted to escape with her sanity, she needed to hear the words of something much better than her. Something good-hearted enough to help her even after being attacked by her. That something was Hope. Truly, that one lived up to her name.

Still. It hurt. She desperately wanted to follow Renee's orders. Part of her begged for Hope to call out that she should kill this creature (in which case she'd immediately attempt to do so, using her fighting style). Another part was trying to desperately fight back against the madness that had overwhelmed her mere moments ago. Desperate to find some Hope in this situation.

Regeneration timer: (0/5 posts left)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (1/4)

The eldritch ratkin explained so much that Scylla seemed to nearly piece a few things together. It was almost as if this Choax had known Renee before, therefore that would mean the other two were also her acquaintances. However, what was mind shattering for the witch Scylla, was not the news, but the flat out lack of insight her master didnt seem to want to entertain. Scylla would suddenly find herself in a very confused state, “W-wait..” She stuttered as her voice raised in pitch as she seemed to shrink. “..you mean you made this book?! And those two back there are your friends? So that must mean.. but it cant be-“.

It was then that when she’d acknowledge the others, all she would see was the severely wounded Kalina, and Hope before a sudden clank would be heard, she’d deliriously turned around like a drunken doll as her eyes spun in place and a halo of stars and chirpy birds sung above her head, as she loosely raised a lecturing finger, her tongue slightly sticking out. “Scuse’ me that wasn’t very nice-" before the metaphorical lights went out in Scylla’s conciousness.

What followed was a series of traumatizing events.

When Scylla opened her eyes, the first thing she’d notice was the fact that she was suddenly bound by the wrists and feet. The pounding pain echoed throughout her body as a sudden feeling burst into the witche’s mind like a broken levee. Fear was the first, as Scylla’s crimson eyes hoplessly beheld the silhoutte before her. She’d shut her eyes, but there was no escaping the vision. Scylla could feel herself breathing heavily as panic gushed forward like an avalanche. She’d scream with all her might, but nothing emitted from her vocal chords. Her lips as if under some kind of spell would speak the script that was so twistedly repeated. Her mind raced as the fiend brought its rotten claws to her chest ripping into her, NO PLEASE!! AAAGH!!” She’d feel the monsters horrible hands ripping through her vitals as the nerves screamed from being ripped from their respective places. After such an unbearable butchering, somehow she was magically still alive, she’d feel the warm blood streaming out of her. Yet just as she began wishing for death, her eyes were ripped out and placed above in such a way as to bear witness to the gore she’d been submitted into. Suddenly, an unbearable pain was felt at the base of her skull, something so otherworldy traumatizing that it seemed to make the vision skip as her nerurology began to glitch.

A cloak, a shovel and a pat on the head. Then a disturbing laughter.

As her conciusness returned, Scylla wasn’t the same, she wasn’t able to speak, she simply stood up and staggered breifly as a broken down and traumatized expression could be seen upon her features. Crying unconsciously as she stood facing the child and its master. Remembering her spells were only a whisper in her mind as the images of the vision had seared into her psyche. The gut wrenching sounds of breaking ribs echoed in her mind, it was almost as if she had woken up into another nightmare. But this one. It seemed, she at least had a choice in. Suddenly, a Scylla of the past seemed to have awakened as Choax voice rung in her mind. I will never join the likes of you! You.. monster! You'll pay dearly for the horrors you've committed!

She'd suddenly turn to look at Iberis and Renee. Something was wrong, could it be that what the fiends and voices had been saying all along be true? Would Renee truly have it in her to betray them all? Hope. Iberis. Kalina. Even her? Suddenly she recollected the void expression in Renee upon seeing her sister in such a destroyed state, not even a blink. The fact that all she cared about was her precious book with which she had been wielding such incredible dominance upon this realm. Now that Iberis possessed the book, Renee had become immensely unstable and even appeared vulnerable in presence of another witch wielding the book. It was beginning to dawn on Scylla that Renee didn't plan to share her power, but to simply keep it to herself. The thought would break her heart, but Renee wasn't denying or explaining much other than destroying these eldritch whom she seemed to have shared a relation to.

Her feelings had now gone cold, the vision she'd just experienced perhaps had made her grow empty now as she stepped closer to her once most loved coven. "Iberis, against everything in me screaming to reconsider, don't give that book back to Renee." An empty cold expression overcame the witch as she looked into her masters eyes. "Renee. Please tell us the truth. Do you mean to betray us?" Her voice seemed hurt despite the look in her eyes, just the fact that she even had to ask made her heart hemorrhage. But logic and reason was too much to ignore.

--

Suddenly Hope's spell was casted, proving effective then Kalina rising to the occasion had followed up. It seemed she was also under the impression that something was off, she wasn't alone. Things had become much too obvious to ignore.

Hope.jpg
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario

Hope felt a slight sense of satisfaction course through her as her magic entrapped both monsters. Through her peripherals, she caught sight of Kalina preparing to finish one off and allowed herself a small smile. It wouldn't be long from now, she knew. All it would take was just one more attack. Then there'd be one less obstacle in the way! Then they could finally start thinking of leaving this place! Then, everyone would have to be okay again! It'd be so simple! All Kalina had to do was kill. She was good at doing that. It wouldn't have been a problem, Hope thought. It shouldn't have been a problem.

So, when she saw Kalina hesitate, calling out for help, Hope stared, flabbergasted. "Me..?" She shook her head, "But you're so close, Kalina! Come on!" Hope said, her voice rising with a hint of indignance. It didn't make any sense; why was she being called for help? Renee was good at killing, Iberies, too. So why hadn't she called them instead? The answer seemed so distant she found herself staring at the two entrapped foes. And the sight of it all, the monster writhing in pain and the hollow-eyed child forced to its knees, started to stir something inside her. Hope knew she'd felt it before. It was the same sense of compassion that'd made her useless before.

Then, it hit her. That's why Kalina called her. Maybe she just needed someone to be there for her. Or maybe she needed someone to extend some sympathy to these monsters? Hope didn't consider the difference. It all meant the same thing, anyway. "Wait! No - Agh, I didn't mean to say that..." She sulked forward; her head hung low, "Look, Kalina, I know how you feel. Nothing makes sense. Everything feels wrong. And to be honest, I'm not sure what to do anymore either," Hope paused and put a reassuring hand on the woman's shoulder, "But it's okay. You're not alone. I'm here for you. We're here for you. And whatever happens next, we'll get through it together, okay?"

Hope took one look at Chaox and sighed. There was some history between her and Kalina, but it still hadn't stopped her from attacking. Maybe there was a reason to stop fighting. Maybe not. There was only one way she could find out. "Kalina, let's give them a second chance," She said, facing Chaox and raising her palms, a pool of shadows beginning to form along the floor, "Whatever they do next will show if they really care," With that, Hope charged the shadows with chaotic magic, forming several large dark tentacles, gently binding the monster and her skull bearer with [Umbral Grasp - E], "And whatever we do next, will be the right thing."

Finally, she turned to address Chaox. "I don't want this. And I'm sure you don't want this, either," Hope sighed, trying to keep her face as impartial as possible, "But if we keep up with this fighting, something's gonna happen that neither of us is going to like," Her eyes constricted as she gestured to the decaying world around them, "Everything's going to hell. So why can't we call it quits? You care about yourself, don't you? And your... kid?"

• [Umbral Grasp] - Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Affinity F (Chaos) + Affinity F (Shadow) + Magic E + Tangle F + Energized E + Selective E - Hope extends a veil of shadows along the floor and imbues it with chaos once it reaches a target, striking and ensnaring them with dark, tentacle-like appendages. Works up to 30ft and up to 5 targets. It can be manipulated to avoid harming certain targets - Grade E - 0 post cooldown

Iberis Ohdir
Mentions: The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario Skyhunter Skyhunter

Iberis sort of made out the no from Renee but as soon as she picked up the book and felt that creepy sensation of writhing flesh against her. What did register in her mind however was how unempowered Renee was in that moment. It was all a very disturbing thought that the person who she thought was all powerful was splayed out there like that. Where was all the promise of power coming to this world? Why weren't they getting through it like they had in the past? Perhaps Iberis had chosen the wrong person to try to follow in her foot steps if this is what Renee had to offer, she had seen the energy and power before her, but where was Renee now? When they needed to get out of this world. Hearing Auldlich's words were unsettling too, The way he said it didn't give her the most confidence, but here was the power she desired.

Of course it wasn't long before Iberis was back in vision land unable to see what was going on around her in the real world yet again for an unknown period of time. She wondered why they were walking near the chasm in that moment, but once again she recognized who Naberius was. She found it interesting how when these two spoke they just sounded like relatively normal people. Iberis might have decided to look all around but it seemed that her vision was restricted to what Auldlich had looked at during that time at least, she didn't try to look around it was all sort of automatic from her perspective, perhaps if she tried she could but she was too disorientated at the moment.

That giant skeleton statue looked rather intimidating to her, and what was that name? It wasn't anything she had seen before personally but it was clear that the priest and Naberius knew who he was when they spoke. Once again very pleasant people they knew from their time was all Iberis could think when she heard the horrible things that King Gustet Gulvark had committed. Why weren't they people she had ever learned about before? Was this even recorded history back in the living world? She had to imagine it was but even with her research she wasn't the most well versed growing up at the orphanage no doubt given her youthful age too. With a king like that perhaps their coup attempt had been a good thing, she thought to herself, unifying Ryke didn't sound like a bad goal in her mind either even if she didn't know all the details it sounded like whatever it was at that moment was in great conflict.

She noticed the large graves and then the catacombs it was clear that these people were not from any time that she was familar with herself given the styles. She then noticed the source of heat and light that they approached. Iberis was a bit surprised at the group before her to start, some ratkin which she seldom saw in person, someone with a stitched mouth, whoever did that or why who knew and someone with blue eyes that registered more like a construct would have than a person to her and a skull tattoo, but the person that shocked her the most was RENEE??? A million thoughts raced through her mind in that moment as she watched Auldlich's memory. Was that someone related to Renee? Or was it Renee Renee... She listened even more intently to what this 'Renee' said now. Apparently it wasn't Renee and it was Marizopa..a name that Iberis had never heard before. All of this was so confusing to her... She still wondered why Vulm had been made so he couldn't speak, as he shook his head, but that was less important right now than what was transpiring as she refocused. Then there was the talk of genital mutilation yet again, why was everyone so disturbed it seemed? Iberis hadn't a clue why these people were involved with so many loopy individuals but nevertheless...

When Iberis heard the words of raising the dead to make an army her focus immediately went to that as she made great effort to remember anything that was said involving that, it was an area of interest. That plan sounded solid enough, raising a group of undead to cause a cease fire and take advantage, it was all the type of strategic planning she wanted to learn even at her age. Perhaps it was because her last life had felt so unproductive that she subconsciously had the desire to act well beyond her age's typical scope of interests. For all of these figures who she knew were problematic, why did it again sound like their end goal wasn't an inherently evil one even if their methods were questionable. Iberis knew that raising the dead was controversial and some would say immoral but the power it yielded fascinated her.

The jumpscare of sorts that Mari said up most definitely caught Iberis off guard as she heard her name? And it looked like she was self aware as she spoke to her, Iberis would have tried to speak back but that wasn't going to work. The Codexius Chaoxirs. There the words were again, while Mari spoke to Choax. What Mari said next when the memory paused made Iberis's blood boil with pure indignation. Who was she make value judgements like that? Who was to say that Iberis had betrayed Renee by taking power that someone bestowed to her so readily? What had Renee done for her that Auldlich hadn't already fulfilled more than in the power department? Of course She had thought she had started to care about Renee like her own family but this narrative and all of this..questioning was driving her into a tizzy of questions..If Mari had wanted her why had she been so cryptic?!

It only frustrated Iberis more, but she knew that sacrifices had to be made for power and inviting someone like Auldlich in had been more convenient for her in the moment. Even if his physical form had been weak it was very apparent his magic prowess was incredibly powerful and that they hadn't been fighting him at full strength no doubt earlier, in fact Iberis bet that he alone could have wiped herself, Hope, and Kalina away had he not been so busy raising that massive army they saw earlier..was the rational she put behind it.

Iberis watched the power struggle between the group that was apparent, the tension like each of them were jockeying for more control in their own way, but then mari did something strange..Iberis could tell she found something out about the book, and with what was unfolding with the potion she was deciding to share it with the others? That was an interesting way to go about things..Iberis thought to herself. But after that everything started to go horribly wrong when Auldlich looked at the book. Iberis could see what he saw and she was not ready for it, what the hell was going on?! What were these horrors. She couldn't even explain what she was seeing but it was so awful that it made her sick to her very core. They all had learned it but at what cost? Iberis could only imagine it was even more powerful to see in person the first time perhaps its impact had been weakened in this memory state, since while it incredibly disturbed her and she could practically feel what Auldlich had at the end of the day it'd be more like experiencing a great nightmare for her that she'd wake up from when she came too...
----
How much time time had gone by Iberis didn't know, but before she knew it she had been looking at Mari wit hthe confrontation over the book now at her own confrontation with the book looking at Renee. Who told her to give back, and she heard the book tell her yet again. Then she looked over towards Scylla a wide somewhat reckless look in her eyes. She was so caught up in this that she didn't even notice what Hope and Kalina was doing too adsorbed in what was going on as she just looked and listened at Scylla, backing away from Renee still holding the book.

Iberis nodded at what Scylla. She was getting the cold sweats yet again no doubt from what she saw in the memory vision.

"Since i've arrived here Renee, I've had all kinds of things..telling me that you're going to kill me that you're going to betray us." She said sounding ever so disturbed in her voice, it taking on a much more serious quiet tone.

"I've had people tell me that I should kill you, because if i don't you'll kill me and the others first, This book just now...too.."

"So if you aren't planning to do that, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING BRINGING US HERE?!" She exclaimed seething.

"RIght from the start the only guarantee you had was YOU YOURSELF leaving here alive isn't that right? AM I RIGHT?" She held the book tightly.

"WHY ELSE Would you have us go up against things as powerful as they are?!" She glared at Renee. "Did you want to use us as disposable pawns. okay if we don't make it better if we do so you can get more use?! Was it just so you could finish off Marizopa once and for all and take her book? Take her place?!" Iberis tried to rationalize in her current enraged state.

"I'm..not letting take it Renee, I'm not letting you kill yourself just to use this book, I can read the Codexius Choaxirs I'm HOLDING ONTO IT. I'm NOT going to BLINDLY TAKE ORDERS from the person whose ALMOST GOTTEN ALL OF US KILLED..." She continued hot tears in her eyes. Never mind the fact that there were all those opportunities she had to kill Renee that she hadn't taken because she thought she truly cared about her.

Iberis was breathing heavily now, it almost felt like her heart was going to give out from all the stress. Her voice felt strained from her outburst. Between Renee and Marizopa The only one who hadn't asked her to prove anything was Auldlich and she appreciated that.

She kept looking through the book to find a solution, flipping through taking as much in as she could. She really needed something to go off they needed to get out of there or stop the world from being erased, she was desperate now. She was so unwell in more ways than one but she'd rather die trying to save all of them then let Marizopa or Renee win and wipe them all out. Part of her even wanted to save Renee too, from whatever this was even with all of the evidence, she didn't want her dead.

Inquiry's Fall
1677299202540.png
1677300947965.png

Renee Nyx
1677380008854.png
Renee stood about 15 feet from Iberis, a dangerous look in her eyes, the world around them colliding with itself and splitting apart from the unknown horrors that lingered within this plane of existence. Walls of untold beings were towering over the castle that was Inquiry's Fall, everything else had been completely devoured thanks to Marizopa breaking the Runes of Protection that Renee had placed on everyone. The witch silently stared at Iberis as she questioned Renee, through her emotions and tears, Renee's face was expressionless as she watched Iberis break down, explaining that she had the ability to read the scriptures from the Codexius Choaxirs. Renee smirked at the mention, " you say you are done blindly following orders, yet you have been doing as that Lich says, Iberis. " Renee stated with a cold tone, she then heard Scylla behind her speak, turning her head to look at her apprentice who asked if Renee intended to betray them all. For a few moments she did not speak and only stared at Scylla, despite the sounds of the encroaching doom that was upon them. Like she was thinking of her answer carefully.

" No. I don't. " Renee stated with a serious expression, " All I've done has been to make all of us powerful. I care for all of us. " Renee continued, " I have not been myself; the book carries a heavy influence when it is this powerful. " Renee explained, speaking like a leader using her [Altar] title, " I've been holding back my master this entire time with the book but now that it was ripped out of my possession, IBERIS. " Renee turned to look at her student with disappointment, " Marizopa broke through and decimated our runes of protection. Allowing her to bring the endgame of this realm to a start. A process which is impossible to stop now. The only option we have is to escape. Auldlich has played with your mind. You're beginning to look a lot more like him. " Renee pointed out at her leg, when Iberis looked she would see that her leg had not been restored but that her leg was grafted on, grafted onto an undead leg. " He's your new master now, huh? That was the only way you figured out to learn more about the Codex. "

• Altar: character is the apparent leader of a group of witches as well as the central point for magical ritual. Character will excel in guiding others in the magical or arcane arts. Character has achieved greater ease in acting as a conduit for magical phenomena. More likely to attract trouble of various sorts to self-drawn by the magical power.

" I am already aware of the history that happened. I've seen what has transpired. It was thanks to my master that Ryke is where it is at now. She destroyed the potential prosperous kingdom that was destined to be. Betrayed the Blue Viscera Occult in which they had to turn themselves undead to live. If you want to call it that. " Renee shook her head at Iberis with clenched fists. " Although my master did not ascend, she had to hide away. Which is where she found me. I had to kill her to have her ascend. And now she rules this land like a God. So, excuse me, Iberis, if I am trying to right my wrongs and the wrongs from the past millennium. " Renee glared. " Your new 'master' will have control over you, he's been using you as a catalyst to access the book. You're a puppet to him. " In Iberis' head she would hear a faint laughter then Auldlich began speaking, She lies, Iberis. Renee means to betray you. She is nothing more than a reflection of Marizopa who's ambitions run her life. Do not let your guard down. Auldlich spoke in her head.

As Iberis flipped through the pages of the Codexius, she would begin to experience another vision. She would find herself running as Auldlich with Naberius, the two in their usual attire. Naberius wearing his dark gold armor with blood on it while he was carrying a one-handed axe, Auldlich wore his priestly robes following after the General. " I think they reached the throne room! What happened! " Naberius growled, " The civilians suddenly started attacking, Auldlich! We had contained them all out of the palace walls! " Auldlich then growled, " I saw it! Marizopa opened the book, I witnessed through the pages of the books! She had transpired a plot with two families to lead the attacks on both the King and Queen, " The witch has deceived us, Naberius! " Just then another memory would play in Auldlich's head, witnessing the ploy from the witch who opened the book " Harmon Evergrant, you will lead the charge on Rosan Bulvark, be sure to trap her in the elven saber, she has control over demons from my last interaction with her aferwards, return it to the Faerie Chapel. Argov Vengron, you will lead the charge on Ryke Bulvark, kill him and trap him in the Fanatical Heirloom, throw him in the Underbelly where the Tomb of Kings lay. They already read the book each so they will have learned it's secrets. Let the civilians lead the charge and take the brunt of resistance from the palace guards and the two tyrants, then swoop in as the heroes and liberators. " Mari was smiling staring at the book pages, " Let us begin... " She closed the book before winking at the pages like she was staring at Auldlich.

The vision would cut back to Auldlich where he was running with Naberius again, as the two ran they would come into the Throne Room where Ryke was sitting upon his throne, laughing as he stared at the ceiling, his eyes glowing purple. The bandages still wrapped around his head and face, " The book had the solutions! " Ryke roared as he raised a hand into the air, purple energy began to radiate from his hand and spiral around him. He looked up seeing Naberius and Auldlich about to enter the room, Ryke cackled evilly seeing them and pointed his hand at them where he shot strings of purple energy at the two, it would collide with them and shoot them back out of the throne room, the two would witness their king Ryke get overran with civilians holding pathetic weapons, blood splashed into the air with the sounds of crazed laughter while one man held a glowing amulet up into the air which it looked like Ryke had been sucked into. Naberius and Auldlich would feel the sting of the magic Ryke had struck them with. Although as the two tried to get up, they looked at each other and would see what they had become, monstrosities. Naberius melded with his golden armor which grew and overtook his axe and body. But he had grown in size as well, Auldlich too had grown and felt more rejuvenated, although he couldn't feel a thing.

The two would then hear a voice in their heads, " Rosan has been killed. She has transformed us into monsters! " Orcus called, " I don't know how but I can feel you two had become like us. " The necromancer spoke like his voice was icy. " This is true, Rosan was torn into pieces before sucked into a sword. " The voice was Choax who then chuckled after her response, but it was more of a nervous laugh, " She had turned us into these things beforehand. " Naberius sighed, " Alright. Get out of the city, we must meet up and hide away. We are close to creating the completed country of Ryke. We need to also find the witch Marizopa. She had created this entire insurrection. Is Vulm with you? " Naberius asked, " Yes, I am. " His voice was ghastly and nasty, although while he couldn't talk without his tongue, he could talk just fine in their head. His was the creepiest sounding. " I am free within my own mind to speak. " He spoke like he was death himself. That was the only way to describe it.

As the vision came to a close, she would feel numb, like her body wasn't feeling right. " You feeling the effects of the book, Iberis? " Renee asked her, " You delve into the past without thinking of the consequences of knowledge. Learning these dark arts come with a cost, as you know. " Renee's eyes narrowed at her former student while she pointed at her leg that had been grafted this entire time. Eliminate her, Iberis. She intends to play with your head. I gave you power, I will not turn against you. We are trying to stop Marizopa from coming into the Ommatierial where she will become the God of Ruin, Oll. (Said like Ole) We do not have time. She will devour us all and the book then have access to the Ommaterial, our world. Renee is holding us all back. She intends to become like her master if not worse.

1677383309868.png

Choax stared at the Shadow Fae that was Hope, while the Skullbearer was trying to escape the binds, they only got worst and now fully kept them both down. The thing that was Choax was smiling at Hope, " We are trying to end this, young one. You have not seen much of this world and the intentions of others. I see the intention of one in your group. Your leader. " Choax pointed at Renee. " We are trying to end this. Her master is the one that is destroying this world. She has been controlling the book this entire time. We know how to use the book. Look around you, young one. You are the ones not allowing us through. You defend your own traitor. Eliminate the witch, young Shadow Fae. " Choax smirked, " I can offer you an incentive, that is what you modern lifeforms want nowadays, right? " Choax then lifted her hand up into the air where a potion formed out of midair, " I can give the Taste of Insight, young one. You'll be able to see and taste the future. Your people can taste the life essence of others, am I right? " Choax cackled. " Do not mistake my Skullbearer as my child, it is no more than a puppet for me to control and command. "

You all will perish. A voice spoke in the sky before it began laugh maniacally. " No! Two of us are already dead! We must not fail! " Choax roared as her eyes under her cloak glowed for a moment, next to Hope she would see the Skullbearer shake before the shovel it held glowed with an intense purple. It then activated the shovel and Hope's bindings on it broke, although with this it followed up with a swing of its shovel, slamming Kalina in the shoulder with the side of the shovel, the edge sinking into her flesh and touching her bone. The Skullbearer's eyes were no longer dead, but they glowed with a purple haze, it then hopped up and kicked Kalina in her chest, kicking her away. While pulling it's shovel out of her, it then turned once it landed and began running down the stairs to charge at the three witches below, Scylla, Renee and Iberis. Kalina could still catch up, her arm was till usable, but it did hurt. " Child, do not interfere unless you join us in destroying your master. I will reward you with the Taste of Insight either way. " Choax stated while still held and wrapped by Hope.

Behind Choax a couple of bodies hit the ground before they began to form into abnormal and disgusting forms blocking the castle's entrance, " Free me child. These beings cannot be destroyed easily. You just escape into the castle. I can assure your survival if you listen. " Choax smirked and chuckled.

Kalina Chivernu
Languages: Common | =Monster=
Mentions: Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse | Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

The moment she heard Hope calling out 'Come on!' she drew her rapier back and got ready to forcefully jam it through this rat-undead-thing's head. She could give in to the bloodlust, if even someone like Hope said she could, that was all she'd need to do... Then she heard the next word 'Wait!' being called out. It made her hold back just in time. Hope's words certainly hit the mark. That was exactly how she felt.

She reacted shocked at the sudden hand on her shoulder, unsure of how to react to the gesture, but giving in quickly enough. “I... thank you.” She replied, unsure of what else to say. She didn't believe Hope. If anything, she'd never felt so confused and drifted apart from Renee. Still, she wanted to believe what Hope said desperately enough to heed her words. “Alright.” She sighed. Chaox would get that second chance. Hope's words felt like they were exactly what Kalina needed to soothe the turmoil just enough to get back some control.

However, that's when she heard Renee's words, which felt like they were fingers around her heart that started to ever so slightly increase their grasp on it, slowly yet steadily squeezing it out. Was it true that that book influenced the minds of others..? Did that book change Renee? Was that why they'd not felt like sisters the way they used to? Yes, it had to be. Renee herself said so. Even Iberis, who'd been so kind to her, was now being controlled and looked like she was suffering in order to get access to that blasted book. Then, suddenly, the solution was clear as day. Yet, it was simple. Kalina knew exactly what to do to get her sister back and to get all of them safely out of this awful realm. This would all be over soon...

She didn't trust Chaox either, the idea that they knew how to control that book was acceptable, the idea that they'd use it for anything less horrifying than what anyone else had planned for it wasn't. Kalina could hear Chaox speak, but she knew Hope would never attack Renee. Even so, the idea was insulting. “Don't speak of harming my sister, or I'll regret not finishing you off.” She threatened the rat.

That's when she got hit by the Skullbearer. So much for showing the thing mercy. It hurt, of course, although it was manageable compared to the earlier pain from getting her hand chopped off and her chest pierced through. With an angry glare, she got up and rushed after the Skullbearer, but not before giving Hope some words. “I know how to end this, just buy us some time.”

Considering the Skullbearer was rushing towards the witches, she followed it. However, rather than going after the Skullbearer itself, she had a different goal. Hiding in the shadows, as best as she could, she made her way onto the scene.. then she lunged at Iberis. Or rather, at the book Iberis was holding. She aimed to pierce it with her rapier, using her Precision Strikes Style (D) to get rid of it in one blow. This book that'd gotten her sister to behave so differently. This book that was clearly making Iberis suffer. This book that kept them trapped in this awful realm. She didn't get most of it, but she was convinced of one thing. If she just destroyed this one book, everything would somehow turn out to be alright. The cultist would have no more reason to fight them for it, Renee would be the same again, this realm would break and let them. It'll all be wrapped up neatly if she could just destroy that blasted book that started the whole mess.

Regeneration timer: (1/5 posts)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (0/4)
Sneak Attack: – Appraisal D, Darkvision F, Stealth B, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.
Precision Strikes Style: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] D, Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style. Accurate F - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. Amount reduces increases by 1 grade each time technique is upgraded.
Penetrating F - weapon can ignore grades of an item when it is used to defend. F - 1 grade, E - 2 grade, D - 3 grade, C - 4 grade, B - 5 grade, A - 6 grade, S ???
Range F - gives weapon attacks longer range. 10ft/3m at rank F. 30ft/9m at rank E. 100ft/30m at grade D. 1,000ft/300m at grade C. See magic skills to enhance range further. Required technique to apply fighting style effects at ranges beyond 5ft.
- Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

Iberis Ohdir

Elvario Elvario Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong

Iberis was finally showing some backbone somewhere. She learned long ago that it was necessary but that was when she truly believed that Renee had her best intention in mind and that she cared about her. Where was that now? She couldn't even tell if anything Renee was saying was genuine in the slightest instead she looked her back directly in the eyes, a very disturbed look in her face, some might even say that it was reminiscent to the eyes of the visage that Auldlich had looked her over. And here Renee was trying to gaslight her? What reason did she have any reason to believe anything she said. Renee could play the blame game with her if she wanted, but there were so many signs that Renee had not been telling the truth so far now that Iberis knew what was going on. If her motive had been so noble why had she felt the need to conceal this from them? Maybe she had been using the book to hold her master back, maybe she had been biding her time to kill her master and take her place it was anyone's guess to the youth.

So what if she gave Auldlich a chance, at least he had given her something! She thought to herself looking back at Renee as she smirked before looking back down at the book, Why wasn't the book telling her what she needed to get them out of there?! As far as she could tell that was the case at least. The fact that it took Renee a moment to formulate her words at Scylla's extremely important question wasn't overly reassuring either. There wasn't at any point where Iberis had promised to exclusively gain knowledge from Renee. If she thought she could take her to a realm like this and Iberis wasn't going to try to take the opportunity to gain more power through the means she deemed suitable then that was a mistake.

The look in Iberis's eyes only grew more intense as Renee spoke accusatorially towards her. At the mention that Auldlich was only using her as a catalyst Iberis sneered.

Even if that's true Renee, I'm not convinced that what you've been doing is any more noble, do you think I'm that naive? That I haven't picked up on all the strange things that have been going on?" The side of Iberis which had shown itself when she had gone after those students who had tormented her showed itself briefly.

"You might call it foolish of me, but I'm uncertain if you know the extent of what I've received in exchange." She spoke back almost sounding eerie. Was a that a threat? It hadn't been worded that way, but it most definitely suggested that Iberis was not as innocent as she had appeared outwardly consistently to the group. Not long before Auldlich had spoken up but once again she went into a time warp of sorts with the book, seeing another vision.

The more Iberis learned through the vision with the conversation between Naberius and Auldlich more she thought that perhaps it was better she hadn't picked Marizopa to follow in that moment. It was feeling more like it really was her fault as Renee mentioned, and that they were stuck there because of Maizopa's actions. Had she not done this just maybe Ryke could have finally been in a place of the glory it was intended to be in and Iberis, Renee, Hope, Kalina, Scylla...all of them would just be back together at the academy at this moment doing some other quest that wasn't causing so much divide, it did hurt Iberis down inside truthfully, while she felt some guilt from what Renee said, she had to double down on the notion that Renee couldn't be trusted at face value anymore. That would be a mistake at this point, not until they were out of there. Iberis had a strong feeling that if she had been caught up in the influence of this world it wasn't implausible that Renee had potentially been.

Then there was the empathy that Iberis felt towards Naberius and Auldlich to an extent in the memories they had all been betrayed by Marizopa very clearly. She betrayed them to further own position it seemed. What she wasn't expecting was the drama in the throne room when she was with Naberius from the perspective of AUldlich suddenly an angry mob came in and killed the king who used the purple magic hitting her POV as she saw whatever happened to Auldlich in a POV and felt sort of what he had felt she thought. Yes this was Marizopa's fault. She could hardly believe the resiliency of these people if anything she wanted to learn how to overcome obstacles like they had when saw their story unfold. She almost felt bad for hitting Vulm when she realized what had happened earlier, but it had to be done in this kill or be killed environment.
She understood why they had all rallied against Marizopa. She was evil.

When she came back too then there was the issue of her leg that Renee had pointed out. Yes it was somewhat disturbing the way it had been fashioned back but that was hardly an issue for what she believed she had received in return.

At this point Iberis was looking physically unwell, of course she could feel it the writhing that wouldn't leave her alone, she felt like vomiting she had seen many horrible things, and she looked even more sleep deprived than usual at this point.

Of course it was still disturbing. She then heard heard Auldlich tell her to eliminate Renee. Just at the moment that she was on the precipice of giving in, feeling her heart start to race as she gripped her staff, and she stopped reading, surely if killing Renee would save all of them and stop Marizopa....To Auldlich this would probably be a good mental sign that Iberis could in fact be reasoned with to do things even that were very difficult for her to do.

"Scylla we have to put a stop to this..Marizopa is going to become Oll when she reaches the omimaterial."

But then suddenly Kalina came out of no where, very fast despite her injuries, Iberis had been so engrossed in this conflict that it was a surprise.

She started to pivot involuntary as if she was actually going to block Kalina's strike on the book with her own body but by the time it happened she wasn't fast enough. This desire to preserve the book was probably in part influence by it.

"KALINA WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"
She'd call out her focus broken, as the sword struck the book, she of course wasn't able to hold onto it with the strength behind a blow like that As it left her hands Iberis felt very light headed how much longer could she stand?

The stress was overwhelming her. She felt incredibly taxed, holding the book was taxing, going through the ritual with Audlich was taxing, and battling Renee was taxing. Who knew what was going to happen now that the book had been struck. She was on the edge of passing out from how energy intenisve this was becoming much like Renee was so drained one could only imagine the feeling of the youth.

Thankful for Chaox's sudden cooperation, Hope slightly slackened the tentacles binding the hideous beast. But then it offered her something, and with an annoyed sigh, she immediately reapplied the pressure. She should've seen this coming. All these monsters had some secret power, secret spell, secret this, secret that - all for the low price of betraying her friends. The idea always sounded ridiculous. Who'd want to be powerful if you've no one to share it with? "No, I don't think I will, thank you," Hope replied curtly, "You're the fourth monster today to try that on me. It's getting boring." She rolled her eyes, "Try to be more creative next time. Just a friendly little tip."

Then, right after something laughed in the sky, it seemed Chaox did just that. Hope felt her heart race as the skull bearer managed to break free, even more so when it managed to strike Kalina. She tried calming her nerves with a few deep breaths. So what if the little bastard got away? All she needed was one more spell. She could handle this! She just needed to stay calm.

But before she could concentrate magic into her palms, Hope heard Kalina task her with biding time. "Uh, sure, no problem," She nodded apprehensively, turning to watch Kalina dart towards the rest of the group, "Just make sure everyone's doing-" She paused, finally witnessing the turmoil unraveling behind her. She didn't know what to make of it. Something went wrong. Why were Renee and Iberis arguing? Why was Iberis clutching onto that book? Why did Scylla look so broken? What happened? She tried desperately to form a conclusion until Chaox started speaking again, "Shut it!" Hope hissed, eyes flicking between her and the group. Everyone was tearing each other apart.

Something had to be done, Hope knew. But then Chaox started offering again. More promises. More irritating attempts to trick her. Hope's eyes flared. She needed to shut this thing up. It was impossible to stay calm with all this yapping! "That's enough!" Hope raised a hand and formed a glob of adhesive [Detainment - E], shooting it toward Chaox's chattering maw. But as soon as the spell left her palm, Hope heard Iberis yell at Kalina behind her. She couldn't take it anymore. She had to find out what was happening. "Renee? Iberis? Scylla? What's going on?!" Hope called out, turning about-face. Her eyes widened in panic as she caught sight of Kalina preparing to destroy the cursed book. She was too far away. There was nothing she could do.

• [Detainment] - Chaos Affinity F + Magic E + Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Energized E + Selective Magic F + Homing F + Tangle F + Continuing F - Hope sends forth a flurry of homing iridescent projectiles that ensnares a target in a strange, adhesive substance that continuously damages them. With Selective Magic, certain targets can be rendered immune to the attack. - Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown

Scylla stood there for a moment as Renee seemed to ponder her response. Why did she need to think about it?!? Wasn’t it obvious what the answer was?!?! Hadn’t they been through so much together? All of the compliments, the planning, the plotting.. was it all for nothing? Was it worth reconsidering? Her confusion couldn’t be helped, a fact so obvious as tears silently fell from her eyes and down her scratched face. Have we lost you Renee? Have we really.. lost you?”

Then attention was brought to Iberis who had seemingly made some kind of pact with one of the eldritch by offering her leg in exchange for some kind of power. Scylla blinked, and looked at whom she very well considered a little sister. She seemed visibly distraught, but something about this made her seem, much more mature. It seemed she had found some kind of power, but Scylla couldn’t help but wonder just how much Iberis had sacrificed in exchange for it. However she didn’t seem any different, in fact as the tears rolled down her own eyes she could see how much this seeming betrayal was affecting her.

She wanted to comfort Iberis, but Scylla was dealing with the seared imprints of the visions she had just experienced moments before, it was immensely difficult to find her 'happy place'. However, she respected Iberis's decision, these weren't light hearted choices. Betraying Renee out of questionable suspicion wasn't exactly something to be taken lightly. Scylla took a few steps back.

“I.. must agree with Iberis." She said finally, balling a fist. "As much as I want to agree with you Renee. Iberis has made a choice, power is what we're after.. I just.. it seems she's found her way. What have we ever offered her? Coming here to correct your wrong doings? And.. and.. not ever telling us about any of this? Now I I fear.. it might just be, too late."

However, she noticed Renee wasn't paying much attention to her, she was fixated on that book and all of her attention seemed to be beamed right at her. Her blank expression changed however, upon hearing that this Auldrich was Iberis's new master. "I.. hope thats not true." She stuttered.

However, that wasn't important, this world was literally falling apart and they had to make a decision quickly lest they'd all be devoured by whatever void was now taking over this world. Suddenly, Iberis gave some details, however, Scylla was puzzled, "Eh.. Mari-who? Oll.. Ommimat-" Had she missed some important details? Perhaps this book was really giving her some otherworldly knowledge, "You mean, we cant take Renee with us?"

Just then the vampire Kalina arrived in a sprint, quickly going for a slash, Scylla suddenly snapped out of the strange aftereffects of the traumatic vision she'd just witnessed and gasped loudly, "IBERIS! Look out!" She said pulling her away from the book she had nearly sacrificed herself for, she'd hold onto her whilst observing the vampire attack the book. "Kalina!? Wha- Th- That is literally our only hope out of here!!"

Her eyes betrayed what she was feeling now, a sudden hopeless feeling, but she'd get Hope as caught up on everything as she could in the sheer shock of the moment. "Kalina just attacked the book that could get us out of here!"

Inquiry's Fall
1678136609397.png
1678136639128.png

Renee stared at Iberis with cold eyes, they were close to the dead ones that were Auldlich's, like she had no spark of humanity left within her husk of a body. Renee pulled out her Master's Journal, it was her catalyst. As it floated in front of Renee while opening its pages, a dark shadow would appear and surrounded Renee while bright red eyes stared at Iberis. Renee saw Iberis as her enemy while she spoke, " I know what you have received. You've received power and knowledge. That means you no longer have use for me, right, Iberis? " Renee asked, her words had not tempered Iberis' suspicions, so violence was the next solution. Eliminate the viper. " You agree with Iberis, but you have no clue what we are both aware of, Scylla. She has given herself to a cult to obtain power then sacrificed her flesh and blood for power. She hasn't found her way. I have taught you two more than that shithole of an academy, I have even taken you two to a realm beyond your imaginations. I will admit, it hasn't been what I originally planned out to be. That doesn't mean jump off the ship at the first instance. " Renee's eyes burned into Iberis' while unaware of Kalina making her way down towards the three.

Hope's voice pulled Renee back to look over at the Shadow Fae, only for Kalina to run by her and straight at Iberis. Renee's head shot back at Kalina as she then struck the book with her sword, steel met the pages of skin which caused a semblance of light to appear and consume this current world they were in, a deep pitch noise would shudder from the pages as it reacted to being attacked. The book cracked with a bright light, as below both everyone, the world itself began to crack with the same light. NO! WHAT DID YOU DO! Marizopa's voice roared, Iberis! You fool! What has happened! Iberis would hear Auldlich's voice in her head. Choax behind Hope would begin to laugh manically as she was detained even more, " Now this is most unexpected. Something I did not foresee to happen. " The ghoul cackled, " The little vampire is a Fate Severer. " Choax chuckled as her glowing eyes faded away and she laid on the ground before fading away into dust. Choax' Skullbearer had grabbed onto Kalina's shoulder raising its shovel ready to strike her only to, in an instant, de-atomize before her eyes into dust. Naberius and Auldlich that stood out in the field taking on the horrors of this world would immediately become consumed by the impending doom. " Kalina! " Renee yelled with widen eyes, " Why! Why did you do that! " Renee yelled as she readied a lightning attack, her eyes full of tears, ready to strike her sister down.

The world only grew more intense as the dust storm pushed the untold horrors back into the fray, the cracks in the ground grew wider and wider until the light consumed them all...

---

1678142795086.png
In a dark labyrinth a small spark of light would appear, this spark would quickly garner more size until it grew big enough to become a portal, out of it came Kalina, Renee, Iberis, Hope and Scylla. All being thrown into this labyrinth. Following them would be the Codexius Choaxirs and a woman, all thrown into this room. " no... No. You ruined it. I had achieved it! You goddamn rejects! " An older voice croaked as the old woman rose to her knees and quickly crawled to the codex, looking at the codex which was now a broken and tattered book. Through whimpers and crying, the old woman began to use magic to try and restore the book, but nothing would work. " Pleasepleaseplease oh god! " The woman rasped as she then looked to the group, she crawled over to where Kalina was starting to recover, grabbing her by the shirt, Kalina would see herself looking into the eyes of an old woman, " What did you do! What did you do to the book! " The old woman growled before even striking Kalina, hitting her in her face. " You ruined everything! "

1678144755896.png

At this time, everyone would begin to stir, they would feel this world's warmth, they were back in their world, in the world of the living.

Iberis Ohdir

Skyhunter Skyhunter RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse

It looked like Iberis stared back grimly, like she was ready to strike back full force using whatever Auldlich had given her in that moment, when she saw the changes in Renee. That was the look of someone with killing intent but she wasn't going to let it scare her. She heard Renee's words her look didn't leave her face.

"She lies Scylla, all I did was take the opportunity that presented itself to learn. Any one of you would have done the same in a realm like this wouldn't you? Gain knowledge you have no idea if you can obtain elsewhere? It was too good an opportunity to pass up, I had plenty of opportunities to listen to them..and did I attack any of you? No I didn't." She spoke, while keeping her eyes on Renee.

Renee had chosen this path just as she had her own, just as it looked like things were about to escalate into the fatal territory, thankfully Kalina assaulted the book. After Iberis had yelled out suddenly the whole world around them felt like it was breaking up. Then she heard Auldlich reprimanding her. What she done?! She thought to herself, she hadn't acted fast enough and now they were all going to be erased? It was as if all of this had snapped Iberis back and her murderous intent left her body in that moment as the whole world shifted. A-Auldlich?! She thought to herself after the fact when he had been turned to dust too and the whole world seemed to shift as cracks of light came through. Iberis saw Renee was about to attack Kalina it looked like, she tried to ignite her own staff and looked like she was about to move it in the shape to cast the barrier spell on Kalina until suddenly the whole world turned all bright and she couldn't see a thing just like that.

----

She then found herself falling out a portal. Her mind felt much clearer now even if that had been overwhelming. The dead look in her eyes seemed to disappear as if she had a sense of clarity again. Though it was unlikely her leg changed. Had they all just been killed like that? The whole cult? What about Auldlich? What would happen now? So many questions raced through her mind as she laid on the ground, her adrenaline was going strong, compared to the drained state she had been in previously. She looked over at what the old woman was doing, freaking out about the book, trying to restore it, and then there was Kalina lying on the ground with the old woman on top of her, seeming to blame her for what had happened. As upset as Iberis had been it was clear that Kalina destroying the book had saved their lives. As she looked around the labrynith unsure of where they had ended up, but it did feel like they were back in their world at least.

A realization fell upon Iberis's face as her eyes widened at the moment she recognized the voice of the women. The one who had promised her immense power if she followed her words and killed Renee.Upon seeing Kalina get struck however Iberis started to see red. "DON'T TOUCH HER." Red arcane energy sparked off of the tip of Iberis's staff as she used it to right herself and she walked over as quickly as possible to the woman as she tried to knock her off of Kalina with two hands. before backing off.

"You've done more than enough harm already. It's unforgivable. You're the reason that Renee took us there to begin with! It's all your fault! you and those you betrayed all those years ago tried leading me astray, I almost turned myself against Renee because of you! All of this happened because of you and that Evil book! You turned us against each other!" She proclaimed after the kick, readying her staff, playing the blame game fully on who she recognized as having the same voice as Marizopa

"Renee, Scylla, Hope, I Know I went far this time I Know I probably messed up back there but please I just thought I could learn, I thought it'd help us, I didn't know he'd go that far, I can't do this alone, so please we have to finish this together." She spoke looking a bit teary eyed sounding very serious, now was the time for them to win decisively if they worked together she knew that they could do it, her resolve very apparent on what they needed to do.

Actions:
1. Get up
2. Walk over and attempt to get woman off of Kalina.
3. Ready to Cast.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse | Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

“I'm freeing you of this cursed book!” Kalina yelled back at Iberis, then turned to face Scylla. “That's a lie! This book is what's keeping us all locked up here!” She replied in anger, not at Scylla, but at the book. She'd convinced herself that the book was the root of all evil in this realm.

The reaction of the book was what Kalina hoped for. Make that blasted thing pay for what it'd done to Renee, to Iberis, to all of them. What Kalina was trying was clearly working. First Chaox faded away, then the Skullbearer faded away before it could strike her. She could see Renee's confusion, which made her feel like she was taking the cursed ring from Frodo still under the influence of the book. “I'm freeing you of this book's influence, of course! You said so yourself, you haven't been able to be ourself due to the burden that book puts on you! I won't let a bloody book take my sister from me and I won't let it harm my friends! It was already affecting Iberis as well, wasn't it?!?! I'll destroy everything that hurts those I care for!”

She didn't care if she was a Fate Severer or whatever Chaox had called her. She just wanted her friends to be free and happy. Was that really so much to ask for? “If everyone wants to use, abuse and corrupt my sister and friends, then the least I can do is destroy the object they're after!” As she said it, the world was growing more intense, horrors being pushed back and a sudden light consuming all of them.

Kalina felt disoriented when she got thrown out of a portal all of a sudden. “Is everyone all...” she started to ask, but before she could finish that sentence, she was hit by an elderly witch. The hit in her face got a literal hiss out of Kalina, as she spoke in [monster] next. “[Not everything, I've yet to completely ruin you.]” It came out more naturally than expected, to the point that she scared herself with it.

She snapped back to her normal self when Iberis tried to knock the woman off of Kalina. “You're Renee's former master, aren't you?” She asked the woman. “You're the one that made it impossible for me and Renee to stick together after we first met!” It was a small thing in the big picture, albeit a big thing to Kalina. Meanwhile, Iberis was already blaming the woman for the big things that occurred.

Despite all her emotions, she gave a feint smile upon hearing Iberis' words. “Don't worry, we'll finish this together.” As she said it, her hand managed to find the spare rapier she'd been relying on. She wasn't sure why, perhaps it was just the idea that she could finally finish this all up, but her following [Precision Strike C] at the old woman felt like it carried more power than it ever did before.

Regeneration timer: (2/5 posts)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (1/4)
Precision Strike C: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] C, Accurate C, Penetrating C, Range C, Continuing [Vampiric Infection] C, Contagion C. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 4 grades of speed, 4 grades of armour, reaching 1000ft (304m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 4 posts and spreading to up to 4 others. - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown
D-Grade Cooldowns: (1/2)

Last edited:

Scylla spun her staff as it floated just beyond her reach, “Oh no you dont!” She called out as as Renee activated her catalyst, did she really intend to hurt their youngest witch? Weren’t they all on the same team? Why was she suddenly in a postion where she had to pick between two of the people she’d promise to work alongside with?! Then Renee hesitated and stuttered, her eyes blinking trying not to falter as they looked at her master. “Iberis has.. sacrificed herself?” She repeated, before looking at Iberis as if wondering if such things were true. Even if it was true, Iberis made a choice, at the end of the day they all desired power why had Renee considered it a bad thing? Surely sacrifices had to be made as shortcuts to powerful knowledge. However, what Renee said afterwards stung more than it should, “I’m not jumping ship Renee!” She shreiked, obviously distressed with confusioni, “You’ve just been so shady about everything and i’ve been seeing things that have literally traumatized me and im totally freaking out! And.. and.. there’s been a voice in my head this whole time telling me to betray you and making some very compelling points as to who you are!”

Then the world around them changed, the book was struck down, and what appeared to form was some kind of portal. The undead surrounding them had broken free of the eldritch that held them at bay and were now storming their way towards the book. But the world began to unravel at the ends, threads of the existance that the book had managed to sustain fell apart. The magic of the Codex Chaxirs was broken, by none other than Kalina.

The vampire was spilling her heart out, it was obvious she loved her sister, but Renee, she appeared indifferent. In fact, the vampire only seemed to agitate her with words of hope and friendship. Had Renee simply lost herself that much, to where she had become void of anything other than the endless desire for power?

Thoughts that ended all too quickly when the portal completely opened, Scylla just sighed and held up a peace sign with her hand, “Ah well.. i dont know where this portal goes.. but if i die.. it was nice knowing you all!” She winked before the portal absorbed her in and came out flying on the other side. “WHOA!!” she yelled as she quickly landed with a crash. Her had over her face, as she got up. “W-where are we now?” she asked as she pulled her hat up back on her head. “I need a cup of tea like really.. really.. b-“ That was when the witch saw a crone fumbling and imploring the gods for the safety of the book. She was absolutely upset, was this the woman in her head? Was this.. Renee’s master?

She quickly snapped out of it as Iberis apologized, she had been through so much, and she had inspired Scylla. Willing to take on their own master to save everyone when Scylla would never dare! That was worth some merit, although it was still fairly much betrayal. Scylla wasn’t innocent either, but did they have a choice with Renee acting the way she was? Someone had to intervene!

The crone seemed very powerful, her gaze was piercing and her ways were dark and eerie. Scylla got up, it was useless to pat down her dress, it was absolutely filthy now. “Mhm, you still got me on board with ya, kiddo!” She replied to the teary eyed younger witch. “We have some catching up to do after this though!” If they even made it past this mysterious witch. “Hey you! Who the heck are you?” She called out, but not before Kalina followed up her strike with one of her own. “Whoa! Hey!” Kalina seemed to want to simply get to the bottom of things, which was understandable, considering this old lady just attacked the vampire. However, it was uncertain who this woman was and how powerful she was too. so instead Scylla used [Appraisal] on the crone.

Nothing Hope saw made her feel any better. Everything had gotten worse - so much worse. Renee and Iberis weren't just arguing anymore. The crimson, searing auras billowing from them, prickling her face, meant something else entirely. They wanted to kill each other. And all because of that book. Hope didn't need further convincing, her legs already breaking into a sprint to the fight-to-be. She felt her magic weaken on Chaox as she drew nearer, but she didn't pay it any attention. Screw her, she thought. And screw this world. And screw that stupid book, too. Everyone needed to leave this place alive and together. Maybe she could fix this. Maybe there was still a chance that'd come true.

But Kalina's blade made contact with the book, and Hope's eyes were filled with brilliant light. She looked around, and it was everywhere, disintegrating every monster, tearing everything apart. Hope's gaze moved onto the group, and nothing had changed. Red auras blazing, hands on catalysts, spells ready to be cast. They were being torn apart, too. It wouldn't last, she kept telling herself. They all just needed to talk. Cast aside their differences. Then everything would be okay. Then they'd all be together again. It would be so lovely, she thought, even as the light consumed her. It'd be everything she ever wanted.

- - -

Hope's face stung as she landed face-first out of the portal. "Owww..." She groaned, rubbing her bruised cheek with the palm of her hand. Her eyes fluttered open, and she saw no harsh lights. Or any semblance of a castle. Hope blinked, head swiveling around to see everyone relatively okay. She couldn't believe it. They did it, didn't they? They made it out alive. Destroying that book was the answer!

A cheer started to form on her tongue until another familiar voice sounded through the room. Hope recognized it instantly. It was the same feminine voice she'd promised to punish once she'd found them. And as her head snapped to the source, she saw who it belonged to—a fragile, old woman. Hope's eyes narrowed in anger, even more so when the crone had the gall to strike Kalina. After everything, the lady was still persistent. Still violent. It sounded insane! Then, it sounded familiar. Way too familiar.

Iberis' request to help strike down the woman shook Hope back to reality. She peered down at her hands, contemplating. Of course, that crone deserved no sympathy. For everything she did? There needed to be some justice dealt to her! But not from her hands, Hope decided. Not now. There were more important things to attend to. Something that needed to be said. "It's okay. I'll be there, Iberis, don't worry about it," Hope assured, "But you go on ahead. I need to talk to Renee first,"

With that, she moved over to Renee, "Hey, Renee, I know what you're thinking," Hope realized the irony of that statement and shifted slightly, "Well, I think I do. But can we just talk before anything happens?" She said, her voice pleading, "I don't know what Iberis did. I don't know what'll happen because of it. But I do know she didn't just do it for herself. She did it to be like you." She gestured to Iberis, "You see how she looks up to you. All she did was try to take an opportunity to win your admiration. I know Iberis cares. She just needs your guidance,"

Hope sighed, "Scylla and Kalina, they're worried. Something changed in you, Renee. You should - you need to talk to them. You need to prove what that voice said is untrue. Please. You're not like those psychopaths in that world," She pointed at the old woman, "And you're not like her."

1678424327239.png

Renee Nyx
1678678803725.png

With the transportation of the entire coven and non-members, Renee was out for a few moments longer than everyone else, when she awoke, she could hear commotion happening with a few of the other members, Renee was still recovering, her head was pounding as she tried to stand up only getting up to one knee. Taking a deep breath, she slowly got up to her feet holding her head shaking it. She looked down and saw her hat on the ground, bending over and picking it up she placed it upon her head, she heard footsteps approaching her, turning her head she would see the Shadow Fae only feet away from her. Renee had her eyes shut as she tried to make the headache go away, she listened to Hope explain the situation about Iberis, Renee only shook her head. Hope knew nothing of what was happening between them, how Iberis gave herself unto the best opportunity when it presented itself.

She would be willing to give herself an old undead priest who was way past his prime, someone who was very untrusting. She gave her loyalty to a undead bishop once she took it away from Renee. Why should she trust someone who did that? And Renee knew if Iberis was trying to be like Renee, she knew she couldnt not be trusted. Renee knew more about who she was more than these few did, Marizopa was right about Renee, she would betray everyone to achieve her goals. She did it with Marizopa a year ago, she stabbed her in her back and killed her to get what she wanted. Iberis would do the same to her soon when the time was right. She looked up to Hope just as the headache disappeared and Hope finished speaking. " What Iberis did was that she jumped shipped and hopped onto the first opportunity to get out of the coven. She allowed that four-armed undead priest to tempt her. She gave herself to him, sacrificed her leg for power and knowledge. " Renee's eyes eerily glowed a dark red while she had a slight smirk on her face. " She did it for selfish reasons. It's why we are all in this Coven, Hope. We are all here to grow more powerful. To have our goals and aspirations made real. She achieved what she wanted. She got what she wanted. She has no further use for me. Just like I have no further use for her, Hope. My goal has been shattered when that book was destroyed. My own sister destroyed my goal when she knew that was what I wanted. I was so close, and she knocked me down to my lowest. You have provided nothing of use besides serving as a distraction and an obstacle. " Renee's demeanor and voice was calm.

" Something in me has changed ever since I was able to wield magic. Since I forced it into my being. The time for talk is over, Hope. I've waited long enough. My patience and manipulation only got my goal crushed. I have nothing left. " Renee almost looked saddened. " I am very much like my master. " Renee stated as Hope would feel something poking in her stomach, when she looked down she would see Renee pointing two fingers into her and in her other hand, her catalyst, looking up she would see the dark shadow that resided within the book surrounded Renee. A bright flash would occur, and Hope would feel immense pain as she was thrown backwards, electricity flow through her body like knives in the fiber of her being. Renee's finger stayed in their position as she watched Hope fly away, her eyes lit up from the flash and within them was emptiness. [Great Lightning Bolt - B] Hope would slam into the wall feeling a burning hole in her stomach, she could barely move but she could still move. Renee would turn her attention to the rest of the Coven, walking her way towards them as she stared them down under her hat, her red eyes could be seen as her hands and a part of her hat began to emit fire. Hope would hear in her head a whisper, just barely. " Hang on, Hope. We are coming. Keep the witch from the book. " Hope could feel her body getting cold. Who was talking? But whatever they said, she knew she had to stop or delay Renee.

• Great Lightning Bolt - B - Magic Affinity B, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range D: Conducting electricity through her body, Renee fires a powerful shot of lightning that strikes the target from 100 feet away. - 4 Post Cooldown.

Marizopa
1678682102575.png

Marizopa stared at Kalina with hateful eyes, very similar to Renee's, she could smell the magic coming off of Iberis quickly flicked her arm to the side, a green wall of magic conjured into the air and slammed into Iberis' chin, throwing her back onto the ground, when she looked, she would see a wooden trunk standing there, Iberis would taste blood in her mouth along with a few of her teeth hurting. Luckily for Iberis she would feel the necrotic magic flow through her body that kept her going, her leg that was grafted back onto her would tingle. Was this Auldlich? Did he help her take the hit? It should have knocked her out, but she was still here now. " [You can barely hold your monstrous bloodlust back.] " Marizopa spoke in the same language as she did. " You are that pesky vampire who would drain Renee of her blood. You still live and you are now here with me? Oh, this is good. " Marizopa chuckled, " Your interference with her caused her rebellion. And eventually your own betrayal. " Marizopa laughed.

Although with Scylla, she would swipe her hand through the air as fire arrows would ignite into the air, " LEAVE HER ALONE! " Scylla yelled desperately. Five arrows would scatter into the air as they then each flew at the witch who could hear the flames, she threw a hand up as water appeared in the air in front of each arrow. The magic was countered and dissipated into the flying water. Although this would give Kalina enough time to attack the witch, striking with her rapier, Marizopa quickly looked at the vampire and threw up her hand as she tried to stab her through the head, Marizopa's hand would block the attack but instead of stabbing through her hand and into her head, Marizopa was thrown back off of Kalina. Marizopa laid on the ground while having her hand up still, seeing in her hand Kalina would see a yellow barrier. The witch was smiling as she quickly got up, " Oh, you fools don't even realize what has happened. " Marizopa smiled evilly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back