• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Unwanted

Mossino

This account is now unused and inactive.
The Camp, as you walked in, was many things at once. For starters, it was loud. Young men and women rushed about, clanging weapons together during what appeared to be an all-in sparring match. The Woman, Rose, had assured you that the place was safe, but from the looks of the pit carved in the ground that obviously functioned as an arena, as well as the disheveled appearances of the huntsmen and huntresses around you didn't seem at all like it would be allowed in a populated area.

Another thing; the living arrangements didn't seem like they were meant for the faint of heart. Moss and mushrooms grew off of rotting holes in tents, and a crumbling stone structure where several students ate and chatted looked like it could come down at any second. The food itself seemed sanitary enough, if a bit narrowed to the "venison" section on the menu. There wasn't a shower in sight, and there were no other adults besides Rose to speak of. Now, I'm not sure if this is your kind of place, but the fact remains that you need a teacher, and Rose seemed your best option. Which reminds me... How did you meet Rose again?

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Danidify Danidify Dishonoured Dishonoured EveryOtherPatronizingNerd EveryOtherPatronizingNerd Field Marshall Field Marshall GasMaskie GasMaskie D Deactiv RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Beryll could remember very well what happened that day. As a person who lived a pretty much messed up life, she could say that what happened the day was quite an odd way to save a girl in a doomed fate like herself. It was a woman. Yes, a woman in a cape. She offered Beryll a place at a camp, which she said that was for people like her. Ones who wish to be huntsmen and huntresses, but were rejected by the schools. Beryll was, of course, skeptical. If the school rejected her, it did for a good reason. Maybe, after all the effort she put, she was just not the material. She told the woman to prove it, her fists raised. She was wordless when she was, the next moment, on the ground, her cheek feeling the cold dirt.

Putting the embarrassing memory aside, Beryll stretched her arms, yawning lazily. The camp didn't seem like a very supported place-pits for arenas, disheveled people, no shower-though she really didn't care about that part- and everything. In conclusion, the place looked more of a poorly made summer camp for.. whoever that applied for it. At least there was one good thing..
“No socially awkward dad, no overly caring uncle and his friends, just me, bunch of teenagers, and an awesome lady.”
She said to herself lightly.

Cyrus read the paper with disbelief filling his every thought. Titan was reading over his shoulder, a grin growing on his acne-infested face. After he had finished, Titan turned to their father.

"Cyrus got declined, Dad. That warrants some form of punishment, does it not?" Titan grabbed his brother by the collar and dragged him toward their dad. Cyrus feared the worst. He had never disgraced his family like this before. Rejection from Beacon Academy was sure to end with a serious punishment. His father looked at him sternly, slowly nodding. Titan's eyes lit up, and he threw Cyrus into a wall, hitting the floor with a sickening thump. His hulking brother took out his weapon, a sickle that doubles as a taser. A knock at the door broke Titan's focus, and his father signaled him to hold it for a few minutes. At the door was a figure in a cloak, their face concealed.

"Is this the home of Cyrus Volito?" They peered in and saw Cyrus cowering in a corner. "I would like to speak with him." His father was dumbfounded. No one had ever come for Cyrus. He motioned for his son to step outside, shock still written on his face.

Outside, the figure introduced themself as Rose, and offered him a chance to train at her private school. He gathered a few things quickly, to avoid punishment, and blinked outside from his room.

He hoped he hadn't made a mistake agreeing to this. Surrounding him were students not much older than he is. He saw many others just entering the area like him. He looked around, looking for any obnoxious, acne-ridden giants, but didn't find his brother anywhere. The living conditions were terrible, but without Titan, they were still living conditions. He had a feeling that he'd enjoy this.

Cyrus, with a giddy expression on his face, grew more and more confident. "When do we begin?"

The streets of Elliot's hometown were as crowded as ever. Loud shouting and constant sounds of feet hitting the ground overshadowed the young boy's anger-filled muttering as he made his way through the streets. "it's for the best, Elliot. You don't understand, Elliot. It's too dangerous, Elliot." The boy said, mimicking his mother's and father's stupid comments in a tone of voice flooded by annoyance and resentment. Never in his life had he experienced such a heavy disagreement with his parents' words. The connection with his parents had always been positive and pleasant. Sure, heated discussions occurred but never had he been driven to the point of senseless screaming and walking away. Though the words they said did not directly include any painful messages, they did manage to hurt immensely. His dream of becoming a huntsman had been abruptly destroyed because they wouldn't even let him try to get into an academy. And why? Just because his father had messed up massively.

Elliot's anger had caused him to flee out of the house, taking only his beloved rifle and some food with him. The crowded streets eventually led him to a forest Elliot had learned to love as it was a quiet and peaceful place to be while also being an ideal place to do some training. He had gone there to cool his mind, which is exactly what he did.

After having climbed up into a tree and picked a strong enough branch to safely sit on, Elliot started to pluck off the tree's leaves before throwing them down one by one. It was a movement he maintained as he thought out loud, expressing his vexation to himself in an attempt to eventually find a solution. This went on for hours, however, and Elliot could find no other way to reach his goal. He still refused to accept the harsh reality though.

Luckily, he didn't have to.

The moon had risen faster than Elliot had assumed, and the boy found himself inflicted by exhaustion and a need to sleep. Not wanting to go home, Elliot had made himself comfortable underneath the tree he had been terrorizing for the past few hours, making himself a nice bed of leaves to sleep on. His well deserved good night's rest had been quickly disrupted by rustling, disconcerting noises coming from behind. Elliot had readied his rifle and was carefully waiting for the noise to reveal its source. He didn't have to wait long though, as an unknown figure had seemingly instantly appeared in front of him and planted her foot down onto the rifle, a calm voice assuring the young boy that there was no need to be afraid.

The next moments felt surreal and almost like a dream. He was given the option to chase after his wish of becoming a huntsman, something that he obviously could not decline. Elliot didn't care for the details, blindly accepting the request without giving it much thought. Well, maybe he should have.

Walking into the camp, Elliot didn't exactly feel immensely safe. The place was not nearly as well-maintained as what the young boy was used to, so it didn't make him thoroughly excited to see. However, his living condiitions didn't matter too much. As long as he could get a proper training, Elliot would be fine sleeping on the ground and eating disgusting food if neccesary. For now he would just silently wait and hope for the best.​

Last edited:
"Tch."
A slight, sharp noise escaped the face mask the young man wore. His sharp gaze jumped from person to person as he observed the camp from his position leaned up against a worn-down pillar. To call this a camp would be like calling a stone off the road a gemstone. If anything, it more closely resembled the lodgings of some unsuccessful bandits. Even if his expression was hidden, one could practically sense the strong distaste that was emanating from the young man. He hadn't been expecting much, of course, but this had exceeded all expectations in the worst way possible.

"But... it's not like going home is an option. This is the only way I'll validate my existence - the only way I'll let my talents bloom." He murmured those words softly underneath that mask as he allowed his mind to drift momentarily. Back to the moment that led to his arrival at this sorry excuse of a camp.

The air was thick with the smog of slain Grimm. Though their bodies were now unrecognizable as they faded into the murky darkness of the night, they were once a horde of Beowolves. With a grunt, the young man planted the heavy sword in the ground. His breathing soon calmed as he gazed up at the shattered moon overhead. No talent nor potential. That was the conclusion that three other Huntsmen Academies and now Beacon had come to upon receiving his application in person and subjecting him to a practical test. After travelling all the way to Vale just to be stopped at the door he had decided to stay one night more - just to blow off some steam by doing this.

It was true that he lacked an Aura. And it was true that he lacked the sort of combat training that most of his would-be peers had. But that didn't mean he couldn't fight. No, he had his own methods for fighting. The sort of methods that could be seen heretical and monstrous by others. While others may have possessed strength for protecting others, the strength within this misanthropist was meant solely for destruction. A slot on the underside of his nameless sword's mechanical hilt clicked open and he carefully removed its contents. Another glass vial full of a liquid that absorbed all light. He pocketed it before a chill ran up his spine.

Standing behind him was a woman. He couldn't quite recall what her exact words were, but it basically came down to an offer for training. The young man had never met her, nor had he given his name. In any other instance, he would have simply brushed her off and returned home. He'd gladly continue his solitary life and allow himself to stagnate until expiring. But, he couldn't refuse. How long had she been watching? How much of that hunt had she seen? Would she tell others? Would she slay him on the spot if he refused? Her words were simple and their meaning clear, but the intentions masked behind them were complete mysteries. He thought of the woman at home and grit his teeth. Even if she had only come across him immediately after he was in the clear, putting her life at risk for a gamble like that was enough to leave a bad taste in his mouth.

And so, he reluctantly accepted her offer. The young man replied in a quiet voice, devoid of eye contact. He refused to shake her hand as well, though whether it was because of disgust or fear remained to be seen.

Eisen closed his eyes and folded his arms. For the moment, he could only hope that this farce would end swiftly. In one hand, he idly swirled around one of the bottles, sometimes twisting the cap open and closed as he ruminated on the camp's living conditions.

"We really are at the bottom of the barrel and then some..."

Rusty remembered quite vividly how she had gotten to be in this dump of a training camp...

"Let me in! I have to be enrolled here!"
Rusty screamed at the Shade Academy admissions consultant, who barely flinched at the sudden increase in volume. Completely unruffled, the gentleman behind the desk straightened his collar and repeated his statement for the fifteenth time.
"No, ma'am. We cannot accept you. You do not have the necessary qualifications for enrollment in our Academy."
"You don't understand! My boyfriend is here! I have to be accepted!"
The admissions consultant raised an eyebrow. "Oh, is that so? Is that why you've come to apply? Because your boyfriend is here? Not because you want to protect the people of this world from the creatures that threaten our livelihood, our very existence?"
"The Grimm are a myth! They don't exist, and they can't hurt anyone! Now let me in so I can be with my boyfriend!" Rusty's voice was reaching terribly high volumes now.
Suddenly, the admissions consultant slapped Rusty across the face, sending her tumbling to the floor. "How dare you," he said quietly. "How dare you deny that the Grimm exist. They do exist, and they are a real threat. I should know; I've faced and fought more Grimm than you've seen in your life. We enroll our trainee Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight these creatures, not to see their precious boyfriends. And having seen your abysmal skill shooting and swordfighting, I doubt we'd make much progress with you. We will not accept you. Goodbye."
Rusty stood up slowly, rubbing her cheek. Her face was bright red, and her lower lip was quivering. She shouted a curse at the admissions consultant before running out the door and into the streets...

And that had just been Shade. The other Academies had denied her for other reasons: she had too much of a temper, she didn't follow instructions, she had acquired the Grateful Dragon illegally. With nowhere left to go, nowhere left to apply, she had been crying in an alley when the woman Rose had approached her, offering the opportunity to train with her. Naturally, Rusty had accepted.
Now, though, as she tugged on her gloves and surveyed the dump that was the training camp, she was starting to regret her choice...

"Disheartening, isn't it?"

Acier stood tensely, his hand hovering over one of the axes on his back. The woman hadn't made much of a movement yet, but she'd appeared out of. Nowhere. The cloak she wore covered her figure and most of her face, only leaving her mouth visible, which was upturned in a rueful smile.
Her cloak was pitch black, with scarlet popping up every so often, stitched into the fabric like a spider web. It moved very slightly in the wind, not yielding any further features for Acier to analyze.

"...What do you mean? What's disheartening?"

"Vale. Vacuo. They both turned you away. You met the requirements. You had the drive they wanted. And yet they turned you away over a disagreement that you had no control over. Disheartening."

Acier swallowed. There shouldn't have been any reason the woman would know about his situation. She was probably working for one of the schools.

"What do you want? I'm not going to do anything wrong, if that's what you think."

"I'm here to offer you the next best thing. See, I have a camp in some uncharted territory near Vacuo. I'm taking students, and it would be a joy to have you, Acier."

Acier narrowed his eyes. His hand hovered farther away from his weapon, though.
"So, you know me... Who are you? If you're so good, why don't you teach at Beacon or Shade or wherever?"

The woman's smile disappeared.
"You could say that I'm in a similar situation as you. Professor Ozpin, from Beacon, taught me and a few friends, but ultimately, we were each betrayed in our own ways. The Kingdoms are unreliable- surely you can testify to that."

"...Say I accept. You teach me. Do you have any ulterior motives here? Is this just a trap?"

"You may use your talents to do however you see fit after your graduation. I promise not to betray any of my students. I'm very loyal, you see. Or perhaps I'm just too simple to have any ulterior motives,"
The woman chucked quietly.

"And I can tell that you're decidedly loyal yourself, Acier. It's a very virtuous trait. One that would be wonderful for a leader to have in my camp..."

Acier pondered, hesitated, then came to a decision.
"I'll go with you and try it out. If I don't see any progress by the end if the month, I'll leave. Deal?"

The woman was silent for all of three seconds.
"...Alright, you have a deal. Follow me, the camp shouldn't be very far."

Acier suddenly realized that he didn't know anything about the woman. As he followed her, he decided he should find out the bare minimum.
"What's your name?"

"...Rose."

Behind everyone else that had already shown up, a short, tan, Faunus stepped up, backpack wrapped around her shoulder. The girl's face was a mixture of excitement and anxiety. While the...camp seemed a bit shabby, she had to succeed in this opportunity. It was her last chance to get legitimate training.

She sighed to herself a bit. That was an interesting day for herself, she remembered it like it was yesterday.

Heilig was a huntress, plain and simple. Ever since she was a little kid she wanted to be one. Helping people was what she wanted to do, just like her mother. When she discovered that she possessed and aura, and possibly a semblance, her fate was sealed. She wanted to move away from her home in Menagerie, and go to a training academy, specifically the one her father went to, Signal Academy.

Of course, things didn't go her way. Hunters had to be able to fight. It was their main thing. How did they help people? They slayed the monsters who hindered them. But Heilig? No, she couldn't. Fighting wasn't her thing. Something about the positions and maneuvering and just, everything didn't come to her naturally. Of course, hard training has gotten to a point where she was at least helpful in a fight but far from Beacon's standards.

And being far from those standards caused her to get rejected from Beacon. The letter was a shock, but something she had expected. Her parents were, disappointed, but supportive. The hard questions came then. Did she want to give up? Drop the training she had been through, and follow in her mothers footsteps?

Before she could truly make her choice, a woman showed up at her home, a woman in a cloak, asking to speak to Heilig. It was confusing, Heilig didn't know her but, the woman brought grand information. The specifics of the conversation slipped through her mind but, she remembered the woman being very persuasive. She explained that, even if Heilig had been denied, even if she was bad at combat, there was a place she could get trained.

The Faunus jumped at the opportunity, and was extremely elated, even up to the moment she arrived at the campus.

For Oxblood Jay this place was a chance to rectify himself, to say the least, he had lived an eventful life one that was full of being lied to and manipulated into doing things that he was taught was good by the people asking him to do it. This placed was a chance for him to do what he wanted to become a hunter, all because he has a colorful background stopping him from legitimately entering a hunter academy and as such he was ditched here. Oxblood looked at the other new members of the camp and he seemed to be the tallest out of the group.

Oxblood remembers the day he met the women leading the group like it was written on the back of his hand.

The day started strangely for Oxblood no longer was he under House's rule he was finally living for himself and as such, the very first thing he did was to apply to as many hunter academies as he could but day after day all four turned him down all with the same reason all caused by his connection to House. To say the least disheartening was the first word that came but it just made him more determined to make it as a hunter. Oxblood didn't know what his next step should be nor what he could do four schools all four turning him down, to him he was out of options so he did what he knew how to...listen to music.

Oxblood listened to music for a good hour or two blasting it from his weapon, music to say the least was his escape which is why he included such a strange weapon concept in what he wanted for a weapon. It didn't take long for him to finally decide what the next thing he wanted to do was. He began training himself quite simply by simply using the same overhead swing over and over until suddenly a voice cut through the sound of swinging. "Declined by all four academies but yet you still train to say the least your determination is something." It was a woman's voice, not stopping to look at the source of the voice another swing is the next sound that could be heard. "Just because I am unwanted at the schools does not mean my skills are unwanted" Oxblood replied rearing up his hand as another swing comes down. "Indeed that's why I want you." The women replied but from that moment on Oxblood doesn't remember the rest of the conversation.

From that point on Oxblood's fate was sealed and that's how Oxblood ended up at a very run down camp not that he minded it was a chance to do what he wanted.

Vatra Milost
Tags: n/a

Vatra was left feeling wistful at the rugged camp entrance, behind many other newcomers. She knew this would be her home for quite some time, and that was a fact she was comfortable with, but the events that led up to this moment were still being processed. For the last year, she'd be on a journey. A journey to Beacon Academy. She left home with the clothes on her back and traversed countless miles from the heart of Mistral to the pride of Vale, and everything ended at.. At this..

The scene before her was beautiful in it's own right. No adjective could describe what this was, and no noun could define it. Every person here had a different perspective on this Camp. In a way, Vatra appreciated it. But in the end, it's just a home for the week. A false destination.

Vatra pushed past the other students, a small bag in her hand. She was dressed in a baggy kimono that hid her natural figure, and with her head tilted downwards her hair hid the defining features of her face. The plan was that she would depart from the arriving group, find a place to sleep and attempt to fit in for the rest of the day. She looked around. These people look shifty. I'd better find a good place to hide my things.

While making observations and attempting to remain relatively unnoticed, Vatra recalled the events that led her here. More accurately, she got her story straight.

After a slight altercation during my initiation at Beacon Academy, I was removed from the institution's rosters. The incident led to my meeting with the woman running this training retreat. Although our interactions were limited, and I do question her motives, I don't have anywhere I could otherwise be. The training is supplemental; I am here for the food, drink and bed.

She shook her head,

I question more than her motives. I question her past, I question her relation with the academies, I question her credentials, I question her affiliation with these students and I question my presence. I question my place here. I question my reason for being here.

I need sleep.. She glanced towards the arena, Or I need to beat the crap outta something.

As the last of the newcomers filed in, the woman that each and every young warrior had become well aquainted with stepped out of a tent made of strips of leather. A quick look as she pulled open the tent's flaps allowed the briefest sight of a workdesk piled with maps and documents.
As she raised her head, her hood not yielding any information about her face other than her slim jawline. She smiled in a welcoming wat at the new 'students' and raised one arm in the air. The noise stopped, and each of the veteran students turned to her.

"Welcome, boys and girls, to your school and home until further notice. Each of you were discarded. The Huntsmen schools don't see any use for you, I'm ripping off that bandage now.
But I see you as some of the finest examples that one could ask for when looking for untapped potential! Throughout your course, we will be hunting Grimm. Experience out here for one day is worth a week in a confined schoolyard in Shade, or a classroom in Beacon.
Now, if any of you don't like the idea of this course, then you may leave now. Pursue a career in mining, or taxes, or medical facilities. But know this... It would be a terrible waste."

The veteran students watched the newcomers almost hungrily. Waiting for someone to turn their heel and walk away. For someone to falter or hesitate. None of them did. It wasn't as if the students would chase someone that turned Rose down, but they'd laugh with each other later about how much that poor sap was missing out.

"Very well." Rose cut through the heavy silence.
"For your first training exercise-"

She was cut off by a deafening roar that erupted from the group's left side, causing everyone in the camp to jump or ready their weapons automatically. Distant rumbling could be heard. The scraping of claws on hard ground. The smell of the stuff coming off of them as they moved.
The Grimm.

"Everyone, to your stations!" An older boy, who looked to be a sort of councilor in this camp shouted.

"Forget the damn stations, everyone just get ready for the initial wave!" another girl, wielding a huge bow roared.
"And protect the rookies!"

Around eight veterans crowded around the newcomers on all sides, weapons at the ready.
"Why does this happen all the time?" One wondered aloud, frustrated.

The rumbling increased, as did the other sensations that came with it. The Grimm weren't visible from the entrance... They were going to have to go through the wall.
"Here they come!"

*CRASH!*

Great. Just when all the training was about to start. Turning her head sharply towards the direction the roar was coming from, Beryll spread her hands wide. She gave a small nudge on her arms. Her weapon of choice, Metallic Monster, popped out of the coat sleeves. Grabbing the knuckles tight, Beryll looked around. The veterans circled around the newcomers-a logical choice, as they never knew how good the rookies were- with their weapons ready.
“Just when I was about to get interested.”
She said, lowering her torso and raising her arms. Whatever was to come, she hoped it’d be something they could take care of.
“Or is this the first training exercise?”

At the moment of the hooded woman's appearance, Eisen had made his way to the impromptu gathering of new 'students' that had naturally come together near her. And it seemed that she was just as much of an enigma now as she had been in his memories. Her speech wasn't particularly eloquent or uplifting to him, though he remained still as when the offer of simply leaving came up. Even if the locale was far less than ideal, the young man felt that this would lead to the development of his abilities.

A sigh escaped the young man's lips as he brandished his blade. There was a soft mechanical click as its hilt hinged open to reveal the breech. Then, with a practiced motion, he retrieved one of the bottles from the confines of his pockets. His pale fingers twisted the cap to an open position... and then he stopped. Something like this was a natural response for him when confronted at Grimm. But it was only something to be done in complete isolation from prying eyes. Distrust gleaned in his eyes as he took another look at the situation.

Most of the others who had been assembled there were far shorter than him, though he wasn't quite sure if that made him an outlier or a normal fish in a small pond. Save for a fleeting glance of someone that brought out a sort of nostalgia within him, he was less than impressed. Perhaps they'd prove to be more useful with their weapons out. The sound of nearby movement redirected his focus. A girl had already begun preparing for the onslaught of Grimm. She possessed both a greater height and muscle mass than him - she'd make an excellent shield if he found himself unable to act. Though, she wasn't his first choice for that role. Eight of that woman's more experienced pupils had already formed a circle around them. Though, with one misstep, they'd be more like a pack wolves encircling their prey for the young man.

So this is how she'll hammer pig iron into swords. He had doubted that this was the training exercise that Rose had in mind. To attempt to bring the Grimm under one's reign was folly. He could feel his own muscles straining as he clicked his weapon shut once more and entered an almost proper stance to wield the blade with both hands. If all went well, he'd be able to simply stand behind the front lines. His own hunt would have to begin another time.

Cyrus' hands were on Virtue and Glory before he processed that they were under attack. The circle had already formed around the small group, and he glanced at the people he'd be training with. One faunus towered above everyone else, with a boombox hammer. The girl directly to his left was the shortest, but she looked... capable. A band of misfits, exactly what he expected out of this "school".

*CRASH!*

The Grimm were barreling toward the camp, and Cyrus was more tense than ever. This was his first fight with these things. If he screwed up, he'll die without ever leaving a mark on the world. No, don't get soggy on the first day, Cyrus thought. He has people here to fight with, some more experienced than others. They know what they're doing.

"We'll survive."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back