• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY-Glaucous Academy

Uhhhhhmmmmmm. V H C M, we've been thinking about changing V to S because of the last name, or going with A, for Ao which is the color of green in Japanese. And we don't know who the team leader will be yet, but if it's Mibu, it'll be like MACH.

Genocide said:
Uhhhhhmmmmmm. V H C M, we've been thinking about changing V to S because of the last name, or going with A, for Ao which is the color of green in Japanese. And we don't know who the team leader will be yet, but if it's Mibu, it'll be like MACH.
"Ao" is blue. Like how the Ao Oni is a giant blue monster. Green is, according to my garbo Japanese skills, "midori".

Says right there in that article that Midori has been the word for green and Aoi for blue since WWII and people only still use Aoi for shades of green in a tiny minority of scenarios, such as produce.

So SkippyGranola is pretty much entirely correct here, yes.

Shipopo said:
Says right there in that article that Midori has been the word for green and Aoi for blue since WWII and people only still use Aoi for shades of green in a tiny minority of scenarios, such as produce.
So SkippyGranola is pretty much entirely correct here, yes.
Ancient Japanese did not have this distinction: the word midori only came into use in the Heian period, and at that time (and for a long time thereafter) midori was still considered a shade of ao.

Dunkenstein said:
Damn, I just missed the cutoff.
"^W^ I know that feeling bro. my sympathies... xD :3 (I got in this time though!!~)

Rentition said:
lol solid start, we already have Senior (SR) xD we are already a team! muahahahaha
xD Yus!!!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back