RWBY Chapter 1 Intitiation Day

Walter stopped , slightly startled by the sudden cheerful voice. he blinked from his memory, being pulled back into reality once more.

His blue iris soon turned green as this happened, his face suddenly showing the startled expression.

slow reflexes.

"jeez... you startled me." he chuckled, "Greetings commander, I am T-" he stopped, recalling the human name he was given.

"-Walter, ready for battle." he said, almost oblivious to the friendly gesture of a hand shake she had offered.

His iris then again turned blue , the eye scanning the commander. He kept the same smiling face, as if frozen in ice.

@Lasrever

"Okay, Twalter," Azura laughed. "I guess I'm your leader for the moment, so you wanna follow me? We've got ourselves some teammates to track down." She paused, looking at him. His face seemed to have frozen into a smile, which was, in a word, creepy. Who did that, meeting someone and then just staring at them. "Also, I'd really prefer it if you just called me Azura. Commander's real formal, you know? If I wanted to be treated like is was military, I'd have stayed in Atlas."

Stretching, she turned and started to head back towards the assembly. "Doesn't seem like any more of our teammates are around here, though. I'm guessing they would've said something while you were asking about me. Come on, let's go."

The scans were completed, twitching slightly as the iris turned green.

"Okay." he nodded , seemingly robotic and forced 'happy' tone was used to say those words.

"Lead the way - Azura" he stopped in the middle of the sentence, renaming the Commander to Azura as the sentence was said.

Walter would follow close behind the commander- Azura, the eye unmoving from the path ahead.

Ari was waiting outside and waved to them. "Guess this means you're the boss Azura." She gave a wide grin, "can't really say I know to much about what ranks mean here but I'll listen to you." Ari gave a small wave to Walter before lookin around, "any luck on finding Brisk?"

Brisk White

sexuality: straight

personality: very calm, laid back, likes to crack jokes

Extra: may become important character later. Who knows

Brisk

Brisk turns after he hears his name. "That would be me." he says with a slight shine in his eyes. "It's nice to meet you ladies and gentleman." He extends a hand to Azura. "And may I say your a vision of beauty." He glances over at Ari. "Same to you my lady." He lifts his eyebrows flirting with the two.

@boo @Panzer @Lasrever

Amethyst

When the speech was over she turned to find her team. It didn't take her long since her team found her. "Guess Ozpin stuck me with a group of boys, huh." She says jokingly. Rouge had ask if the should go find Crimson. "I think I got a good idea of where he could be. Let's head to the ship.

The three make it and she sees the fanus from early. "I seen you run out. I'm guessing you Crimson." she takes a seat next to him and extends a hand. "Names Amethyst, the leader for the temporary teams."

@CERBERUS177 @Raikou Kaminari @cokemonster

Crimson got scared when she sat next to him, tensing slightly, then remembered the face, voice, and saw the friendly gesture, he shakily shook her hand, and let go, surprised she didn't trick him with a punch. "Y-Yeah...I-I'm Crimson, n-nice to meet you Amethyst." he said He was glad that his leader wasn't like everyone else, now he was scared for his teammates, he didn't know if they were like her.

@Raikou Kaminari @cokemonster @MidnightStar

Azura stopped as Ari approached. Looked like she wouldn't have to go looking for her team after all. "Yeah, guess I'm in charge for now, huh? Can't say I really expected it too much, but I guess they must've thought my application was good." she laughed, looking pleased with the result. "As for Brisk, I don't think-" she was cut off when the guy in question approached them. Wow, she really didn't have to do much searching at all! That was always good. The faster they got together, the faster they'd be able to jump in to initiation.

The guy introduced himself, blatantly flirting with her and Ari. In response, Azura raised an eyebrow. "You think you have to tell me I'm good looking, buddy? Trust me, I already know." she joked, laughing. After a second, Azura looked around at her teammates. "But save it for spare time, buddy. Right now, we gotta focus on getting set for initiation. Once we're guaranteed Beacon students, feel free to flirt with whoever you like." she smirked. It wasn't like Azura herself was above flirting with anyone, but there normally wasn't anything more important going on when she did. Say what you would about the girl's overconfident attitude, she knew what was important to put first. Possibly part of why she was in charge in the first place.

"So, you guys wanna head for the ship and grab ourselves some good space? We can discuss each other's fighting styles and stuff once we're in there."

Ari turned to Brisk and when he openly flirted gave a small laugh. "That's sweet of you but I'm sure you'd be better off saving that flattery for someone better than this spinster." She chuckled at Azura's confidence, Ari felt it was well earned, and her focus was probably the reason she was leader. 

Nodding with Azura's plan she started walking toward the ship. "I am glad we can already begin thinking about battle plans."

"Roger roger." Walter nodded, he hadn't even glanced at the new teammate. The CPU took it as an order from the commander.

He quickly turned and started for the ship , the blue iris not moving from the path ahead.

He walked with a slight limp, and with heavy footsteps.

Satisfied that her team would follow her, Azura lead them towards the ship. She noticed that Walter was limping a little, but figured she could ask about it later if it started to seem like a major problem. She just wanted to keep the team moving for now. 

Once they reached the ship, Azura brought the group over to a space at the side - close enough to see out of the windows, but not right next to them. Looking around at the group, she couldn't help but smile. "Okay, so since we're all at Beacon, I know everyone on this team's got something to bring to the table." she looked at each of them individually before continuing to talk. "But if we're gonna work together as a team, we have to know each others' strengths and weaknesses, alright?"

Sounding remarkably confident for someone who'd just been dropped into a leader role, Azura pointed at herself. "So I guess I'll start. I'm pretty strong all-round, fast, I can take a fair few hits when I need to, and my fighting technique's great in a one-on-one or against small groups. My style doesn't really suit big groups, though, so someone'll need to watch my back if we're fighting a lot of Grimm at once." she shrugged, looking slightly irritated that she had to admit that. It was for the sake of the team, though, so she'd deal with it. Setting a good example as leader was important, and that meant making sure the group could work together. "So, how about the rest of us? Anything you guys feel like your teammates might need to know?"

Walter was silent, knowing full well of his abilities as his true form, but not as a human.

the feeling of uselessness fell upon him almost immediately, looking down at the floor beneath his feet.

He cannot allow himself to useless, but he would run the risk of being 'banished' again, or even worse, dead.

they all seemed combat ready, intimidating for their force and determination. Even if he was to kill some , he could not kill them all.

His head shot up , he had an Idea. The sadness in his eye quickly vanished to one of inspiration.

the hallucinogen shield was outlined by the purple smoke that had started to glow, Walter's appearance quickly changed as  it was covered by the smoke.

He then vanished.

Using the hallucinogen gas, he shifted his appearance to match his surroundings.

CPU USAGE 150%

Brisk

Brisk didn't notice Walter disappear and begins talking. "Well, you can't really find flaws in perfection, but I guess I can try." he says jokingly to the group. "I'm pretty strong with my weapon. I use a automatic machine gun but it can change into two powerful pistols. I'll listen to what ever you need me to do. However to be honest my weakness is showing off to pretty girls or to any one for that matter." he gives a wink to Ari.

@boo @Lasrever @Panzer                                                                                    

Amethyst

"Same to you, Crimson." The rest of the teams had boarded the ship and it began to lift up. "Well, guess there is no going back, huh." She looks at the three boys. "Okay, we can really make a plan until we get to the destination so how about everyone tells something about themselves. For me I'm Amethyst, sixteen years old, and I've always dreamed of coming to beacon. I promise you guys I will not let you down as a leader. Okay, who wants to go next?" She says looking at each of them.

Sora looking at the leader and his group once they all boarded the ship kept a positive expression but it was a false one. The other guy is not bad at all, looks like he'd be a good asset in battle. The faunus boy seems like he has issues and major ones so he's going to be a problem. I don't know about the leader either, she doesn't seem ideal. Maybe she'll shape up into a good leader or there's another reason why she was chosen to lead. What do know if I likely won't participate in this sharing circle team building exercise of hers.

Sora to avoid taking part began fiddling with Ao Kiken making himself seem busy.Though he did have to load the dust compartments with the dust he wants to use. 

The CPU finally could not take anymore of the usage overload.

he quickly reappeared, the smoke covering him before disappearing again.

Walter fell to his knees, the CPU had crashed and was starting the reboot, his face was one of shock and his eye started to fade black.

@MidnightStar

@Lasrever@boo

Seeing Sora's blatant indifference towards sharing, Rouge took the girl's enthusiastic que. He struck a pose, shading his face in spread fingers as he spoke. "For the last of those who know not my name, I," He spread his arms, basking in their attention as though it were the sun's warmth. "Am Rouge Gerben. Yes, you heard that correctly. Third in-line to one of the most successful family-run munitions company, 'Gerben Grains', and voted best dressed before transferring from Shade Academy. I look forward to our time together." He tucked in an arm as he bowed deeply.

"As for my skills." He produced his cell from seemingly nowhere. On the thin screen, a slideshow of self-ees featuring various feats of Grimm-combat prowress, stellar photography, and complete foolishness. Three showed Rouge and others laughing while riding a stampede of boar-like Grimm. Several had just Rouge with wrestled down serpent and scorpion Grimm, all about his size. One picture was of a group taken in the desert. Rouge was the only one bright and seemingly untouched by the heat in all of them. The rest looked absolutely miserable with sweat staining their clothes.

When a picture of a Dance-Dance-Evolution magazine came up, Rouge coughed and promptly concluded his spheel. "Ahem... What of you, Stutter-Step?"

@CERBERUS177

Seeing Sora's blatant indifference towards sharing, Rouge took the girl's enthusiastic que. He struck a pose, shading his face in spread fingers as he spoke. "For the last of those who know not my name, I," He spread his arms, basking in their attention as though it were the sun's warmth. "Am Rouge Gerben. Yes, you heard that correctly. Third in-line to one of the most successful family-run munitions company, 'Gerben Grains', and voted best dressed before transferring from Shade Academy. I look forward to our time together." He tucked in an arm as he bowed deeply.

"As for my skills." He produced his cell from seemingly nowhere. On the thin screen, a slideshow of self-ees featuring various feats of Grimm-combat prowress, stellar photography, and complete foolishness. Three showed Rouge and others laughing while riding a stampede of boar-like Grimm. Several had just Rouge with wrestled down serpent and scorpion Grimm, all about his size. One picture was of a group taken in the desert. Rouge was the only one bright and seemingly untouched by the heat in all of them. The rest looked absolutely miserable with sweat staining their clothes.

When a picture of a Dance-Dance-Evolution magazine came up, Rouge coughed and promptly concluded his spheel. "Ahem... What of you, Stutter-Step?"

@CERBERUS177

Brisk

Brisk didn't notice Walter disappear and begins talking. "Well, you can't really find flaws in perfection, but I guess I can try." he says jokingly to the group. "I'm pretty strong with my weapon. I use a automatic machine gun but it can change into two powerful pistols. I'll listen to what ever you need me to do. However to be honest my weakness is showing off to pretty girls or to any one for that matter." he gives a wink to Ari.

@boo @Lasrever @Panzer                                                                                    

Amethyst

"Same to you, Crimson." The rest of the teams had boarded the ship and it began to lift up. "Well, guess there is no going back, huh." She looks at the three boys. "Okay, we can really make a plan until we get to the destination so how about everyone tells something about themselves. For me I'm Amethyst, sixteen years old, and I've always dreamed of coming to beacon. I promise you guys I will not let you down as a leader. Okay, who wants to go next?" She says looking at each of them.

Sorry guys!)

Crimson nodded at Amethyst with her comment, then felt depressed at Rouge's last comment to him, he answered sadly, "I-I'm Crimson...Faunhuas...I'm 17(16? I can't remember!). And I'm here to follow in my moms footsteps." he said, looking away, as he was correct about the leader being the only nice person so far.

Ari laughed when Brisk winked at her. "How sweet." She thought for a few moments before continuing, "I'm a medic first of all. I have a good amount of survival fighting behind me so unless you want it dead I shouldn't be the first choice. I'm a good support unit." It was a blunt explanation but she felt it got the point across, she was used to hunting animals or Grimm. However there were a few humans who had tried to break into her home or do other unsavory things and leaving people like that alive would only get one of her siblings killed.

She looked at the spot Walter had been in. "What happened to Walter?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Azura nodded as she listened to the others. "Right, so, Brisk, you've just got guns, you'll probably be slightly longer-range, and Ari, I guess your job is to watch all our backs in battle." Okay, at least Brisk and Ari both seemed to know what they were doing. "Okay, sounds good! Right, how about you..." she looked over at Walter just as he collapsed, her expression becoming concerned. "Walter? Hey, what's wrong?"

She knelt down and looked at his face. The boy's eye was going black, which was kinda creepy. She'd noticed him disappearing a moment before, but figured he was just trying to show off some kind of semblance. It didn't seem like that was the case, though, unless he had absolutely no control over it. If Azura remembered right, this was the boy who'd collapsed earlier. So, either he was really sickly and would just collapse randomly forever, which would suck, or he was trying to do too much at once.

"Doesn't seem like he's in any immediate danger, at least..." she muttered, looking at him. It didn't seem like he was going to hurt himself to Azura, anyway. She wasn't exactly a medical genius, though, so she figured she'd hand it over to their resident medic. "Hey, Ari, you think he's alright? You're the medical person around here."

The kid's eye blinked white, almost like a spark. his lifeless body soon jumped up from it's knees, the reboot being quick for combat use. he continued to stare ahead.

He stood up, the blue iris turning green quickly.

He twitched as it changed, his face finally showing emotion.

it was a small embarrassed smile. "Sorry." he said, keeping his hands behind his back .

" Anyways, I think I could be an assistant to the group... I don't know anything for my combat ability." he lied , although it didn't show.

He couldn't overload the CPU like that during battles,

so he will have to pick an easier target.

He knew full well of his combat ability, he had none as a human.

"I just don't want to be useless."He shrugged. the small smile faded, and he relaxed his arms by his side.

@Lasrever @boo @MidnightStar

Ari had rushed over to him but when he got up she stared curiously at him. She noted his eyes changed color frequently and that each color probably meant something different. The thought to make a chart or at least right it down crossed her mind, but if someone else found it it could be awkward for both her and Walter. At his shy smile and statement she nodded. "Alright. Then it might be best to stick around one of us until ya get your sea legs."

Azura nodded, agreeing with Ari. If the guy couldn't handle himself, then he'd need someone to watch his back. Azura looked around at her team. "Okay then. Brisk, do you think you could keep an eye on Walter here? It makes sense for you to do it, 'cause I'm too close range to be able to help him quickly, and since Ari's more of a support fighter I don't want her having to fight for two. You seem pretty confident in your skills, anyway." she sighed, looking at Walter.

"Is that okay with you? I don't want you getting hurt if you're not sure what you can do - although you can bet there'll be a few training sessions in store for you once we've got through this." her confident expression returned, now that she knew what everyone was capable of. "Okay, so do we all know what we're doing? I'm probably our heaviest hitter, so I'll take point against any bigger Grimm we encounter. Brisk, you work on crowd control and try to keep the smaller ones down. Also keep an eye on Walter. Ari, you're our support, so watch our backs and try to help out whoever you think needs it the most. Walter, do what you think you can, but don't put yourself in more danger than you have to." she shrugged. "At least, not until you know what you can do."

The expression on her face, and her confident posture, were that of a leader. "Any questions?"

Amethyst

Amethyst smiles at Crimson and Rouge. "Awesome!" she decides not to ask Sora to share noticing he really didn't feel comfortable sharing. She was about to say something else then froze. "Look like Ozpin is about to speak." she points.

Professor Ozpin 

"Okay initiates, ready for the challenge. We are right over a thick amazon jungle full of Grim and other dangerous things. Each team will be given a map to the location of a monument. You have two choices get your monument or steal another teams. The first four teams to make it to the  safe zone located on the map will become students of beacon." He looks at each one of the kids. "Here's the fun part.." he gestures to several large boxes beside him marked with numbers. "Inside your numbered box is a map, four backpacks with some supplies, and parachutes. If you haven't figured it out well, you jumping. Good luck and I'll see you guess at the safe zone.... or not. He walks to the door and walks inside leaving the students to ponder his words.

Brisk

"Yes!" he shouts "this is going to be fun." he looks at Azura. "Okay captain what are we doing now?" he all most couldn't contain his excitement.

Amethyst

Amethyst only thought about it for a split second and realized what was happening. "Let's go!" she says to the three and quickly gets of to the box marked hoping they would follow. She opens it up and finds they map and one of the bags on top. She rolls up the map and sticks it in her bag. She grabs her parachute and puts it on her back and begins passing out the rest of the stuff to the guys. "We got to move." she says to them tossing Crimson the smallest parachute.

@Lasrever @boo @Panzer  @CERBERUS177 @Raikou Kaminari @cokemonster     

(Okay things just got real. If any questions ask in OOC)

Last edited by a moderator:
His heart sank slightly, knowing full well of his uselessness.

He lowered his head again, mentally saying 'no'.

Ozpin's speech was mentally recorded in his head as he said the instructions.

Jumping

seems pretty normal for T1G3R's deployment.

he wouldn't need a parachute.

but that would be strange to the others.

He relaxed, the iris turning blue as he lifted his head again.

All emotion had been wiped from his face, staring straight ahead again.

"Awaiting orders ...Azura."

His voice was robotic in a sense, almost still and with no emotion.

@boo

@MidnightStar

@Lasrever

Sora listened to Ozpin's  announcement of the challenge and was right behind Amethyst when she sprang for their team's box. He caught his parachute and strapped it on and then put on his supply pack across his front. Then he stood near the airship's bay door and pressed the button to open it revealing the jungle below. He could have just jumped now but he had to wait for his team. He wasn't going to abandon them even if they're only temporary. For now they are his team, whether he like it or not. 

@MidnightStar

@CERBERUS177  @cokemonster  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back