• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY anyone?

Math

Ancient Chinese Warlord Batman
Kinda seemed interested in a RWBY roleplay, though I haven't thought about it much, I just wanted to know how many people here would be interested in it too, if a lot of people are, I will take that into consideration. But I just wanted to know if any of you guys hated/liked RWBY. Just asking!

I love RWBY, but me joining depends on if there are a lot of people.. I don't want it to get too overcrowded. How many people do you hope will join? Also, what level do you want this to be (detailed, casual, simple)?

I would've wanted this to be something between Casual and Detailed. As for the people I hope will join, I don't want too many people, but I would still like a fair amount of people to match the number of main characters in RWBY, so I would prefer 7, or 8, but I would like for at least 4 people to join. But I think 5 or 6 would be the most comfortable numbers possible. 7, Or 8 would give me more to work with, and probably end up in a more fun experience. What exactly do you want the numbers to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested. Seen a few of RWBY RP's not take off here.

I have a character all thought out and designed already, if that's any incentive.

Zab said:
I'd be interested. Seen a few of RWBY RP's not take off here.
I have a character all thought out and designed already, if that's any incentive.
Great! Though we're still going to need a bit more people. If you know any friends that love RWBY, invite them!

Last edited by a moderator:
But I need to see what would be a fun experience for you guys would be. Would you like to use some sort of dice system? Describe your attacks, and do it that way? Or something else.

Me, personally?

I prefer the age-old regular style. You post, other person posts, engage in counters, argue until RP dies.

Sarcasm aside, RWBY doesn't have a point system, so rolling dice would be a weird and alien thing to add to it, yes yes?

I agree, that would be a VERY weird concept. But try new things, eh? But I would still prefer to do describing attacks. It's all the roleplayer's choices, not the GM's choices (I play as the Grimm, you describe your attack, I describe my attack, when there's enough, and I think you described your attacks well enough, you win)

Superboi360 said:
I would've wanted this to be something between Casual and Detailed. As for the people I hope will join, I don't want too many people, but I would still like a fair amount of people to match the number of main characters in RWBY, so I would prefer 7, or 8, but I would like for at least 4 people to join. But I think 5 or 6 would be the most comfortable numbers possible. 7, Or 8 would give me more to work with, and probably end up in a more fun experience. What exactly do you want the numbers to be?
I was thinking at max 8 and at minimum 4. There's one RP I was in that had 16, and everything got overwhelming.

Superboi360 said:
But I need to see what would be a fun experience for you guys would be. Would you like to use some sort of dice system? Describe your attacks, and do it that way? Or something else.
As for the experience, I'm more along the describing of attacks. Especially since I've never done a dice rp before.

RedLikeRoses said:
I was thinking at max 8 and at minimum 4. There's one RP I was in that had 16, and everything got overwhelming.
As for the experience, I'm more along the describing of attacks. Especially since I've never done a dice rp before.
Alright, since we have 5 people that have shown interest, I may get the post up later today.

Should figure the setting out, first, before jumping right into it. What will characters do? What's the objective? What kind of story will take place? Where will it be?

Zab said:
Should figure the setting out, first, before jumping right into it. What will characters do? What's the objective? What kind of story will take place? Where will it be?
"May", and "Later" ;-;

The Story

The students at Beacon Academy are preparing for the Vytal Festival, and Tourney. Though a specific team was distracted on a mission, the objective? Well...

A month ago

Some thugs looked over the database of Beacon Academy, a hacked database, of course. "Good steal, ya think?", the thug looked at his buddy. "The boss'll be proud!" the other thug replied. Looking through it a bit more, the two thugs saw something. A supply of Dust, and a LOT, of dust. Being allies with the White Fang, they decided to take advantage of the Grimm, along with the help of the White Fang. Later, the attack of the city happened, where the Dust was located. While half of the White Fang forces were fighting, and barely losing, the other half was baiting the Grimm creatures to attack the city too. (This city is not the same city as the one we actually see in the show) Surprisingly, the explosive plan worked, and now the dust is in Thug hands, can you retrieve it?

Not the best story, but what do you think of it? This may only be the first part of the roleplay.

Good, good. It's a good idea to stray away from the actual canon material. Could be a bit more in-depth, but it's a beginning.

RedLikeRoses said:
Sounds interesting enough. Quick question.. how do you feel about a character on this team to be secretly a part of the White Fang?
Use your imagination any way you see fit! Don't be too crazy with it though, xD

Zab said:
Good, good. It's a good idea to stray away from the actual canon material. Could be a bit more in-depth, but it's a beginning.
Thanks for the feedback!

Grimmlock said:
would we all be on a team?
I think these ideas fit pretty well, but frankly, I have school tomorrow and I just finished homework. I'm gonna squeeze some time to make the thread, then you guys can make the characters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back