• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Running

Prender

Little Ghost

Welcome one and all!

All information you could need about the roleplay can be found below.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Please just be aware that there will be elements of abuse, captivity, crime, illegal experimentation and murder in this roleplay, so if any of this could be triggering, it may be best that you don't take part in this roleplay.

2. I am a multi-paragraph roleplayer, so understand that it takes a while to write that amount and please be patient. I won't require you to perfectly match what I write, just as I won't always perfectly match what you write, because sometimes there's not much material to work with, but please don't reply to a five paragraph response with a two paragraph one.

3. Do your best to use proper spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization. If English isn't your first language or you're dyslexic, then of course, exceptions will be made, just let me know. (Please post a heart with your response if you read this far.) Odds are I won't correct you because I feel like I'm being rude, but if you want me to point out flaws in your writing, tell me, and I'd like that you do the same for me if you realize a blaring imperfection.

4. I won't be able to be on everyday - I do lead a life outside of RpNation, you understand. I have homework, a part time job, and a few extracurricular activities that I take part in, so if I don't reply for a day or two, please don't pester me. I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can, and in return, I will not bother you if you take a few days to reply.

5. There will be moments of quiet, and that's not bad. Yes, drama is a good thing in a roleplay, and it's totally fine to make drama if you think it's getting dull, but please understand that there will be calm moments from time to time; it'd be unrealistic if there weren't. (Though, considering the storyline, I can't really argue for the sake of realism.) However, on the other side of the of the spectrum, there will be some intense action at certain points in the roleplay, so be prepared.

STORYLINE:

_____[Your character], a man of forty-five, was not a good person, and he knew that. He couldn't blame the life he led on his home, or on anything anyone had ever done to him, because to be perfectly honest, his life had never been a particularly bad one. Was his family a little more distant than it could have been? Sure, but they got along alright. Was he the most popular kid in school? No, but he had a fair few friends. He'd never been subjected to anything horrible, never really suffered, and yet here he was, selling drugs, running from the law and, more importantly, powerful enemies that he'd double crossed in the past. [YC] couldn't honestly say that he felt much remorse about all the people he'd hurt to keep himself safe and earn himself money, as much as he wished he'd feel a little bit bad about. What could he say? He was a bad person, and he knew it.

_____[My character] has been to hell and back. Raised in an illegal facility where she was subjected to abuse and brutal experiments, she's recently had the only person she cares about ripped away from her, and she will get them back if it's the last thing she does. So, she broke out and set off to hunt that one person down with nothing but a few sets of clothes, a map, and a few granola bars. She's determined and ruthless, willing to do whatever it takes to get the one she loves back. But people from the facility, dangerous people, are on her tail, just as determined to get her back as she is to get her loved one back, because they can't risk her telling people about the illegal experiments they've been performing on children. [MC] needs to constantly be on her toes, looking over her shoulder to make sure they're not creeping up behind her. She needs to be afraid.

_____Now, in a rare set of extremely unlikely circumstances, [YC] and [MC] happen to meet one night. [YC] was skipping town after a dangerously close call with some old enemies of his, driving along a long street surrounded by forest. It was around midnight, he was a little too close to falling asleep at the wheel but didn't dare to stop driving, when suddenly, a blur of color burst out of the woods and sprinted out in front of his car. Cursing furiously, he swerved to avoid it, getting his car stuck in a ditch in the process. He climbed out, and the blur of the color was revealed to be a teenage girl, dirty and bruised. Something about her tugs his heart strings, though he can't understand why. He's never been sympathetic to anyone before, but when the girl whirls to look at him, bearing a black eye and a busted lip, looking both terrified and furious, she reminds him a little too much of himself.

_____[MC] won't stop looking around, shoulders tense and fingers flexing around the strap of her bag, and her paranoia is a little too familiar. [YC] shouldn't be able to find any sort of connection with someone so young; he got himself into the life he leads, but even he, a grown man with enough blood on his hands to fill all the Great Lakes, doesn't deserve to have to live life fearing that he's going to be attacked and possibly killed at any moment. She's a child, and he's certain that she didn't bring the suffering she's obviously gone through on herself, so he knows she doesn't deserve it. [MC] speaks suddenly and sharply, apologizing for the car. She moves towards it and he watches her with confusion, wondering what on earth she thinks she can do about it being stuck. However, much to his disbelief, she grabs the rear bumper and pulls it out of the ditch with startlingly ease. When he asks, voice numb with shock, how she did that, she simply shrugs and tells him she's strong. There's the understatement of the century.

_____They stand in silence for a moment, considering each other. [MC] is staring hard at [YC], glancing between him and his car with the gears in her brain turning. [YC] sees potential in [MC] - she could be a true asset in the life he leads, what with her strength, but he doesn't want to force her into a life such as his. Besides, a slight stirring in the heart is no reason to let the kid jump into his car and travel with him. He doesn't want company, he's certain she'll only cause trouble, and besides, how creepy would it be for him to offer this adolescent that he happened to run into on the street to travel with him? Much to his surprise, though, it's [MC] who suggests they team up, though she doesn't do it in the most polite way. Essentially, she tells him that she could easily overpower him and steal his car, so he may as well just let him go with her if he wants to keep the car. Naturally, [YC] agrees on the condition that [MC] understands that she's stepping into a dangerous life and she'll be expected to pull her weight, conditions that [MC] accepts.

_____If only they knew the adventure they were embarking on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go: Running [ WisheyWashey and Prender ]

Just so you know, you aren't required to fill in a character sheet - personally, it helps me flesh out my character, but I understand that's not the case for everyone, so don't feel pressured if it's easier for you just to move straight on to the roleplay. I would appreciate it, though, and if you don't, I'd still like you to have a look at mine. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back