• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rune Factory (stepherz345 & Riversparks)

(I'll start.)

Lest walked into the Dragon Chamber of Selphia Castle and was immediately greeted by a cacophony of voices. He noticed that most of the people were from towns that were in the general vicinity of Selphia. Suddenly, the rush of voices stopped as everyone noticed him, then immediately came back as everyone started voicing their respective problems.

"-thefts-"

"-crimes-"

"-killings-"

"-destruction-" Soon it became so loud that Lest couldn't understand what anyone was saying.

"Everyone, please be quiet and talk one at a time! I can't understand what any of you are saying when you all talk at the same time!" Lest shouted over everyone. Once everyone quieted down, Lest continued, "Now, one person explain to me what is happening."

"Loads of crimes have been occurring in the past few weeks. It wouldn't be all that big of an issue if it weren't for the fact that they all the places that the crimes were committed were marked with a "MHW" symbol." Lest heard a man say.

"Has anyone actually seen who committed the crimes?" Lest questioned, his violet eyes scanning the crowd. There was silence, then someone spoke up, saying, "They were dressed in black and they wore a mask. But they appeared to be thin and tall."

"Okay..." Lest looked over at Ventuswill, not quite certain of what to do next. She noticed his gaze and nodded to show that he was doing the right thing. When he continued to look at her, Ventuswill gave him an exasperated look and motioned for him to continue.

"Are there any similarities between the crimes other than the symbol?" Lest asked slowly, glancing over at Ventuswill quickly for approval, which she gave him with a smile.

"We were discussing it before you came, and a similarity between all of them is that one possession of the victim is always missing, whether the item is rare or common." Someone Lest knew to be the mayor of a nearby village.

"Another similarity is that there are always three crimes in each town, never any more or any less." Someone else added.

"Are the crimes only happening in this area or are they happening all over Norad? And what town, if it's just in this area, hasn't had three crimes?"

"As far as I know, only in this area. And, judging from what I've heard, it seems like the only town that hasn't had any crimes is... Selphia." Ventuswill interrupted.

"Okay, so considering all of the information you've all given me, it seems the most logical course of action is to just raise security and keep an eye out for anyone acting suspicious. If anymore crimes happen just send a letter with the details." Lest concluded. Everyone seemed content with his decision and started filling out. Once everyone had left, Venti said, "You handled that well considering it's your first time doing something like that."

"Thanks." Lest said and started to leave, but stopped. "Venti... Does it seem odd to you that only one person would be doing something this specific?"

"I've been with humans for a long time, and you guys never fail to surprise me with some of the things you do. But yes, it does seem odd."

"It can't be the Sechs; it's too clandestine. So who could it be?"

"Not everything is the Sechs you know." Venti chided. "Who knows, it might just be someone who needs some gold and is stealing things to sell. Whoever it is, it's best we don't worry about them until they show themselves. After all, all we know about them is that they're thin and tall."

"Yeah, you're right, Venti." Lest smiled. "Well, I'll see you later." Lest said, and left the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back