• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Runaways RP

Karma200

Brownie Goddess
Sorry for the length but this is where it all begins <3

Valeria's POV:

It was a dark and rainy night... the night when my life turned upside down. Well, you could probably say that I was full of adrenaline and didn't realize just how deep I was in until it ended. Who could seriously ever believe that this would happen to me? Who would've thought that my life would possibly end with bullets inside of me?

"Don't act like you know everything! You're still just a child! You don't know what you want!" My father shouted at me, his anger clear after I had said I wanted nothing to do with the family business. My dream was to become an artist, drawing was something that I enjoyed since I was able to pick up a brush.

"I know what I want, you know nothing about me!" I yelled right back at him, stepping closer to him as my green eyes raged with anger so loud that I could see my usually cold mother get worried. She knew that I didn't mind punching either of them, they didn't matter to me. Just like I didn't matter to them. They treat me one way, I'll treat them the exact same.

"I'm getting sick and tired of your childish attitude! Your mother and I are leaving for a year to Paris so you just... stay out of trouble!" Father hissed at me, his darker green eyes glaring daggers at me before he lifted his suitcase off the floor and left the house. My mother right behind him with her own bags. Right... whatever.

For about three hours I watched TV and just ate rocky road ice-cream. Sure, I realllyyy wanted to call my friends but it was 1AM in the morning and interrupting their sleep wasn't something she wanted to do since they previously came back from a party.

"Valeria! Open up! Its me, we need to talk!" I jumped at the sound of loud yelling in the front, quickly turning the TV off I stood up and put my bowl of dessert on the coffee table. Oh man... what am I supposed to say to him? I sent him a text message breaking everything up between us. Why? Because I found out that he's the son of mafia king Silvio. Besides, his crazy nature began to show when he had slapped me a few days ago. This guy is nuts! Looking around I hurried to grab my phone and put it on video recording, hiding it in a small area that had view of the entire living room.

Opening the door I gave him a small smile but he pushed inside and looked around, slamming the door and pulling me toward the couch. It was clear that he had gone completely psycho! Who did he think he was barging into my house? When I moved he gave me a look that told me he dared me... and I did.

I stare out the window, drumming my fingers on the glass pane. My stepsister, Mya, sits beside me. It's been a while since we've watched the rain together. Ever since she made those friends, we haven't been as nice to each other. She calls me a lunatic now.

I allow my mind to wander, just this once.

Some people say I have a problem with talking to people. The Stepmother just calls it Asbergers. I don't believe her.

I realize I've been staring at Mya the entire time. I quickly shift my gaze back to the rain. This isn't fun anymore.

Sweeney's POV:

It was the rain that kept me up. That, and the fact that my flatmate was being loud as hell for one in the morning. Sighing and sitting up, I ran a hand through my still damp and freshly dyed hair, vaguely wondering how my friends would react. I'd done it right after we left a party earlier, so they didn't see it yet. Not that it looked back, just one of the most bold colours I'd tried yet. 'It's not bad,' I told myself, looking at the bright white hair in a mirror and slightly amazed the bleach got it light enough for the white to actually work. Dragging myself out of bed, I went over to my desk and turned on my old laptop, logging in to an online chat room incase one of my friends happened to be on and wanted to talk. I didn't have a mobile -old one broke and haven't had time to replace the damn thing- but they all knew I liked being on a computer anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was scared and didn't know what to do, the police had already came from that night and after several hours of questioning in the police station I was finally released. It was... a new experience. Looking down at my hands I starred blankly at the dried up blood that covered them. How'd it get there... or yea. I remember what happened yesterday, my ex-boyfriend had finally snapped last night. But that the party that my friends had attended that night before anything had happened, the information that my boyfriend wasn't as innocent as I thought... it brought me back to reality. In front of people he was always sweet and thought about me but when it was just the two of us... he was so much different. Why couldn't I leave him even though he treated my badly? I guess you could that I... almost fell in love with. Almost.

"I need to wash this off and go to school," I muttered before quickly walking toward my house, there's no way I'm going to call any of my friends and tell them this... yet. Its just... I needed time of my own to let the truth sink in. Had he really been claimed as dead hours ago? Was my mind playing tricks on me? By the time I got home and cleaned up, I was back to how I usually was. Ready to mingle but inside of me I was worried about Silvio, sure he seemed a bit sane but with how my ex just snapped? I'm not too sure about who's genes was stronger in their son, the apple doesn't always fall far from the tree.

With a shrug I decided to send a text to all my friends:

Anyone wanna give me a ride? I can't stay in this house. Let's all hang out at Iggy's place~<3

There we go. Making plans for the day already! It won't be that hard to forget what just happened...

My phone buzzes, so I take it as an excuse to leave. Mya sighs and waves me away.

After a short pause, I walk upstairs and into my room. I reach into my pocket and retrieve the phone. The message is from Valeria, so I punch in the passcode and read it.

Quickly, I sprint down the steps and out the door. Mya doesn't bother to look up.

I run into the garage and unlock my car. As quickly as possible, I back out of the driveway and make my way to Valeria's house.

I sit at my desk staring at the new I.D that has been sent to me today in the mail. I sigh and toss it aside, they spelled my name wrong, not even the last name but the first. How hard is Lucas anyway? Not for the first time I wonder if maybe i should have told them my name was Iggy, it's what everyone calls me anyway.

Getting up from the plastic chair I pace around my room, I don't have anything to do, ever since I got my own place it seems like my home life has been nothing short of boring. Of course that may be because it has. I grunt and head down stairs, slouching into the plush chair that sits in front of my computer. There has to be something to do, or at least someone to talk to. My phone going off stops me from turning the computer on and after reading the message I nod and turn back to the computer. They all know how to get in.

An incredibly loud dinging sound seems to echo through my head, waking me up wih such a start that I actually flip myself and a chair over. The ground is very happy to see me if the way it rushed up and smashed into my face is any indication, though I for one am not very happy to see it. For a few moments, I just lay on the hardwood, allowing my mind to wake up before braving the day. I sit up slowly and look around, wondering what woke me up. I remembered falling asleep at my computer after logging in several painfully boring hours of work as a tech support. Dragging myself off the floor is a challenge in itself, but I manage and when I look at my desk the headset I'd been wearing was dangeling by its cord. "That explains the loud noise," I mutter and put the headset on the desk so it isn't dangeling. A quick glance at my screen shows that it was an alarm waking me up, and finally I remember it's a Monday. "Well f*ck." Mondays are not my favorite days simply because it forces me to admit that the weekend must end. What? A guy can dream, right?

After throwing on some old jeans, an equally old rock band tee, my black hoodie and converses I head out the door, grabbing a pack of Monsters and my keys on the way out. I don't have a regular back pack, just a laptop carrying case that doubles as a black hole for school papers, and it's slung across my body so both hands are free to carry the energy drinks. Iggy's place is where we usually hang out before, after, and some times during school since he has a house to himself, and a pack of Monsters should be enough to kick start everyone's day. It takes a minute to walk there, but it seems like I'm the first one. Feeling above the door frame for the spare key, I find it and unlock the door before heading in, leaving the door unlocked for everyone else. "Yo, Iggy! You up yet?! I brought breakfast!" I yell into the house, plopping the energy drinks on a table and looking around for my friend.

Upon hearing the door of my place open I wait for a moment to see who will call for me. If it's one of the girls I'll actually get up, but if not I'm staying right on my ass. Hearing Sweeney's voice I let out a sigh of relief and scoot my rolling chair to the edge of the door way leading to the den, "Yo. There's muffins and crap in the kitchen." I roll back into the room, resuming my work on the puzzle that sits on the coffee table. Music filters lowly through the speakers of the radio and I listen to the horrible pop that always seems to separate worth while songs on the radio.

In the kitchen three treys of different muffins sit, still cooling from the baking frenzy I suffered at 6 A.M. I grunt as I try to find the last piece in the corner I've been working on, but after a few minutes I give up and shove away from the table, there is a reason I hate puzzles. I lean back and wait for my company to join me, hopefully he brought some coffee or something.

I grin and walk into the kitchen, slightly amazed at the amount of muffins that Iggy clearly just made. I know he likes that type of stuff, and I totally don't mind if I get to have some. I just have no clue how the hell he gets up and bakes in the mornings. Getting a plate from one of the cabinets, I put three muffins on there for me and three for Iggy. On my way to his room I grab two Monsters and my lap top, the Monsters to wash down the muffins and the laptop out of habit.

When I find Iggy I almost laugh. He looks dead tiered and has a puzzle on the table in the mid stages of being put together. Handing him his plate of muffins and a Monster, I take a seat on the floor and dig into my own breakfast, closing my eyes and moaning in an overly dramatic fashion when I take a bite of my muffin. "You'd be such a good house wife, you know that?" I joke, though it probably would be true. These muffins are to die for! Rolling up the empty paper wrapper I glance at his puzzle on the table, reaching over to put a piece in place before starting on another muffin. After finishing off my second one quickly, I look up as far as I can to try and see my hair. "On a scale of one to ten, how bad does it look?" I ask Iggy, trusting his honest opinion a little more than any of the girls'.

"Thanks sooo much!" I hugged Coen when I opened the car of his door the moment his car stopped, I wasn't going to invite him into my house though. There was still a large puddle of dried up blood on the floor, something I didn't bother to clean up when I got home. When I had been in that house waiting for one of my friends to pick me up, my eyes never left the front door and replayed what had happened over and over and over again. Going over to Iggy's house would make everything better.

"Look what I have," I reached into my purse and took out a white capsule that marijuana had fuzzy and a healthy green, flecks of purple all around it. It was something new that she had gotten from her seller, a man who seemed to have a lot of good marijuana.

"We're sooo getting baked, I really need to," I sighed as I leaned back into the seat and smirked. Hanging out with my friends always cheered me up.

When he hands me a Monster I internally call him the savior of insomniacs, but that doesn't stop me from smacking the back of his head lightly at the house wife comment. "I would be the best damn house wife anyone ever saw." the only downside is that Sweeney is more than likely right. I grunt and down the muffins and monster quickly. I blink in slight amazement when he finds the puzzle piece I was looking for, I'd been searching for hours and he got it. Oh well, at least someone found it.

I focus on the music again until he calls my attention again. For the first time I realize his hair is once more another color. Per his request I examine it, leaning closer and getting a look from all angles. I shrug, "Doesn't look bad, better than the pink, and 100 times better than the green. Neon is not your color dude." I check the clock and sit up, not too long and everyone else will show up.

My eyes widen slightly, and I smile. "Nice." I reply, putting the key into the ignition and rolling up the windows.

A few minutes later, we pull up to Iggy's driveway. The door's already unlocked, so I walk inside. "Hey," I say, making a beeline for the kitchen.

I followed after Coen with a smile on my face, the party was going to begin! I planned on going out to the club later on tonight with everyone, what no one knew? I put a pair of her clothes hidden secretly in each of her friend's house just in case she ever came over without a dress to go out in. Having friends was fun, it was way better then being alone and that was the truth. Which is why she always like to make plans with them.

"I've brought the tree!" I announced when I seen my good friends (I have no idea where you guys are xD ), my arm was held up with my purse that had the stuff in it and in the other hand were the paper wraps as well as clear ones. Which was her favorite, style wise. When it came to smoking she preferred paper though.

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "Oh please do not remind me. I'll get nightmares," I groan and pretend to shiver, though it's not really all an act. The green had only lasted a week, but it was a very, very, very bad week.

Downing the rest of my Monster I look up and towards the door when I hear Coen and Valeria come in, then glance at Iggy with a smirk. "Valeria's here, that means you have to get up and not be lazy," I say, knowing full well that's what he was doing since I honestly don't give a shit. When Valeria and Coen walk in to the room me and Iggy are in I smile. "Hey guys. There's Monster if you guys want one too." I offer and start eating my last muffin, letting everyone else have some of the marijuana before me.

(Whoops. Sorry, didn't see this had started X3)

The incessant beeping of my phone dragged me awake, ripping the last shreds of my dream from my eyes. Rolling over, I draped myself over the edge of my bed in order to grab the phone I had dropped there last night, turning it on to see the text. "Valeria… Why…? Sleep now..." I muttered, groaning as my body slid out of bed and onto the floor with a quiet thud.

Checking the clock, I realized it was later than I though, and quickly got dressed and left. I didn't live very far from Iggy's, so I just decided to walk. Not like I had a car anyway, but walking was nice.

Making it there in record time, I walked up to the door and walked in. The thing about having such close friends, was that regular boundaries (Such as doors) didn't seem to exist. Either way, I wandered into the kitchen where everyone seemed to have already started smoking. "Sup guys. What've I missed?" I ask, almost stumbling into Valeria's back. Still half asleep, my limbs aren't the most agile in the world.

(Annnd this is where things start to for their adventure >=3 Try not to die lol)

"Iggggyyyy!" I shouts before running toward my friend and jumping at him, not caring that I might squish him.

"Today is a celebration!"

Because I didn't die

With that thought in mind she use Iggy's bed and began to wrap some weed up, her attention on what she was doing as well as her friends.

"Did you guys know that Johnny from the school got suspended because he was caught having an affair with Mrs. Walters the English teacher?" I announced, using the remote to turn on the remote to Iggy's tv in his room. I wasn't paying attention or anything but when I heard her house on the news? Well, the first thing I did? Was curse and panic.

"Are you f*cking kidding me? Shit! Shit!" I whined and forgot about wrapping but instead began to pace the room. Maybe I should runaway? Go and try to figure out a way to get that video from yesterday to Silvio. When I had met him he seemed to sort of like me but I doubt he would if he found out I killed his only son.

I grab a muffin for Valeria and climb the stairs. Iggy's door is open, so I assume everyone's in his room. "These muffins—" I begin, but I stop. A picture of Valeria's house flashes across the screen. It looks like someone... My eyes widen.

"Valeria?" I say. "What happened?"

I look up as Valeria starts pacing, having to quickly scramble ti my feet to avoid being stepped on. "Valeria, calm down," I tell her, trying to get her to stop pacing. I look over at the Tv to see what made her so upset and my stomach drops. Her house is being shown, with crime scene tape fencing in the yard. Police are crawling all over the place and some blonde news reporter is dronning on about a murderer. Its nothing useful, just times and what the police know, then she said the victim's name. It was Valeria's boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend now apparently. Quickly crossing the room to catch up with her I gently stop her by the shoulders, forcing her to stop pacing. "Valeria, tell us what happened. Start at the beginning, ok?"

"Okay well you know that one guy named Giovanni that I met a few months ago? Well, last night at that party I found out that he's the son of the mafia king Silvio Costa! So when I got home I ended up sending him a message telling him I wanted to break up, got into a fight with my parents again and then... well a few hours later he came over at like 1AM. Let's just say that he attacked me and I fought back... and kinda sorta hit him over the head with my mom's crystal vase. Which, is cracked by the way," I told them the story in a rushed tone, trying to figure things out as I thought about what happened over and over again.

"Anyways, they said he died 3 hours later and I've been stuck in that police station all night. Now... now Silvio Costa shot up my house! That's going to take forever to fix... I'm going to die," I stopped talking when I realized that I just changed the subject a few times. Panicking wasn't something I was good with. Why? Because Valeria Bianchi never panics.

"Maybe I should just move to Paris? I'll buy you guys tickets to come visit me once or twice a month. What am I thinking? He's Italian, of course he'll find me there! Oh... Hawaii sounds nice," You know... I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, the water there looks so clean and I'm sure I'll run into some hot guys there.

I watch everything going on, thoughts and ideas filtering though my head as fast as they can. I attribute my quick thinking to having already been awake for hours. I stand up and pace a bit before lightly kicking Valeria's shin, "Shut up, clam down. If he knew where you were he would be here already and no body besides you guys know where I live. You got a few hours before we all have to get the hell out of here." I do mean all of us, if she thinks anyone in this room would let her take of by herself she's losing it.

"My mom left me a nice amount in the bank when she died, I can get some tickets to my uncle's place, from there we can figure out what will happen." I shrug, it's not that big of a deal, the money was for college but seeing as how i haven't applied to a single place yet, it's all good. "If this guy is as dangerous as everyone says, then he will have every sector he has in America looking for you. At least with my uncle your out of range." I look around and hum, "Everyone cool with that?"

"So adorable I could just kiss you," I whined as I put a hand to my leg and rubbed where he had kicked me, I always said that whenever my friends did/solved something for me and this was one of those-- wait, what?

"Wait... I'm sorry, did you just 'we all'? There's no way I'm letting any of you get involved in this. I take it back, I can't kiss you anymore Iggy," I snorted with a roll of my eyes as I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes at him. This was way to dangerous for them to get hurt.

"We might always stick with each other through fights and the tough times but this is a completely different level, you wouldn't let us get involved with any of it if you were in my shoes, right?" It was a fight to try and get them to all stay, it shouldn't be that hard right?

I snort and cross my arms, "Your breaking my heart Val, really it hurts right here." I stick my tongue out at her and making a motion to exactly which part of my anatomy she hurt. Hint, it isn't my heart. I look around at everyone and then back at her, "You really think you can leave us behind? First off, you can't we follow you like nerds following Star Trek. Second, you haven't been without us for years, you really think he won't come after us when he finds out your gone. He will. Then we all have to run for it, wouldn't it be easier just to all run together?"

I stare at Iggy, completely floored by his offer. Sure, we're all friends and I'm totally sticking with Valeria, but he was offering to move us. Out of country if I put it together right. "Ok, lets just think for a minute here," I say, looking around at everyone. "We all know how bad Silvio Costa is, hell I worked for the man for a brief time, but he cant work that fast. Maybe we don't have to get out of country. Town, yes. What if we just... Just.." I cant focus and try to slow my thoughts down, knowing panicing won't do anyone any good.

I pace in a small circle, looking at the floor as if it holds the answers. Ha, like that would ever happen. Then I stop, still looking at the floor, because the answer is there in the form of my laptop. Turning quickly I face the others. "What if we just go off the grid? You know, like dropping off the face of the earth. All history and proof that we exist or ever have gone."

"It works?" Val gasped with surprise, her response for his first smart remark and listened to everything else he said. He was right but it wasn't like she could really deny any of that. Man, it was annoying how her friends knew what to use against her; no wonder she became friends with them in the first place, they're all smart.

"Wait... what you're going to delete my facebook and twitter? What about all my fans?" I gasped with sarcasm laced in my words, my hand over my chest as I looked at Sweeney.

"We could start off with another town but if he finds us there and we die, I'm haunting your soul forever," I confessed to him with a shake of my head. Now I wondered if we could survive, they do have a tech genius and there was no way her other friends didn't have any skills. Maybe... maybe this could work?

I nod following Sweeney so far, "I'll call my uncle just in case we have go. Romanians hate surprises. Make sure you get rid of everything." I move past Sweeney and his laptop, phone already in hand. Before I get to far I lean over and flick Vals nose.

"Yes it works."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back