• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ruined

dremora lord

R U I N E D

It's the year 2184, and the world is... not destroyed, but not what it use to be.
Global warming and climate change caused an increase in natural disasters and droughts. Pollution from factories began harming nearby wildlife, including people. Crime and war became a much more serious problem.

That was all 2020, and now it's 2184. Nature has reclaimed most of the world and ruins of cities are either completely gone or home to dangerous wildlife. A strange disease has appeared which can mutate animals into dangerous forms, but completely lethal in humans. There aren't many people left, either. Those who are still alive either live in primitive tribes and clans or are by themselves with nobody to trust.

(The way this RP will work is people will be in a post-apocalyptic environment containing limited technology. Guns are uncommon to find, ammo even scarcer. Most people rely on melee weapons either created themselves like bows, spears, and swords, or they can use scavenged items from the past, such as axes, baseball bats, etc. For the sake of simplicity, English is still used in this world. The location that we'll be using is discussable, I haven't decided yet.)​

Last edited:
As am I, of course. One question, however? Is doubling, or the use of multiple characters, permitted?

Roxasarass Roxasarass Thanatos Thanatos Play On Words Play On Words Cthulu Cthulu Ignie Ignie Peach Tea Peach Tea

Alright dudes, after I have (suspiciously) accumulated 6 interests in less than an hour, I will make the RP tonight or tommorow morning. If you have any questions about the world or environment, you can ask me. We need to also decide an area for this to take place in, so I'm open to discussion and suggestions.
Are you open to it being a winter setting to add more of a challenge? Fighting off cold and the normal risks.

What about New York (state, not city)? It would make sense because it's right beside two lakes, and the southern-mid areas are hot and dry due to the desertification. It would be difficult to cross the river if we're starting in winter, too.

I think this is cool. Starting at the end of winter, gives the character some difficulties, they could try to overcome together. Especially for the river, they must find another way or something. So for me, NY and winter looks like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back