• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ruine Chasseurs OOC

I got a question! Are ability orbs able to be damaged? And if so, might it negate or weaken their power?

The reason I'm asking is because I thought it might be interesting to give my character a damaged one.

That sounds like an awesome idea. They're not easily damaged but it's definitely possible. It could weaken the ability orb and/or make it act in a weird way.

Cross Cross

I have a question or two of my own:

First, what are the parameters of the ability orbs' power(s)? You mention elemental control - of a sorts - in the interest check; is that all they do, or is their potential extensive and open? (My brain has been a bit out of whack as of late, so I'm attempting to focus it as much as possible here.)

Spanning off of this, what do you classify as "elements"? I know people who utilize the classic four and those who reference a far greater amount.

(I'm sure more questions will come to me later, but I'll let it at this for now.)

That's a good question. The ability orbs aren't restricted to elemental magic. They can create or produce anything only limited by your imagination. And within reason of it not being too OP.

For example, there could be an ability orb that grows flowers. Or one that shoots needles or a million other things. They're like an equitable superpower.

Does that answer your question?

Perfectly!

I doubt I'll have my character done tonight as it's rather here, but I'll go ahead and post the W.I.P if that's alright with you.

Oop! And another question rears it's head:

How in depth do you want us to go with the ability orb section? I take it a basic description of the orb's/orbs' appearance/position (where the character keeps it) and attributes are desired, but is there anything beyond that?

No, ma'am that would be perfect.

A few lines covering the appearance, where it's equipped, and what it does. You could also go into how your character acquired it. It's probably a cool story but that's not required.

Sounds good! I'm prone to lengthy descriptions when it comes to powers, enhanced objects, and the like. Mostly wanted to get an idea for what you're looking for before I dove too far into things.

Sorry, Aughto von realname Aughto von realname . Definitely no orcs. There are monsters but they're not playable characters since the rp is supposed to be from a perspective of a ruin hunter.

Everyone please post questions here and not in the CS thread to avoid cluttering it up.

Last edited:
Cross Cross I have a WIP CS up with the ability orbs on it. lemme know if they're okay. if not, I'd be 100% okay with changing them up.

CONQUER TWIN WHOOT WHOOT~!

I may or may not join. We will have to see how the gods of time are feeling. Hm perhaps I need a sacrifice to suffice their demands.

And if any of y'all have any questions on the CS or want some help in tweaking it let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Aughto von realname Aughto von realname Yep! Guns exist. They wouldn't be as developed as modern weapons but a version of guns exist. Feel free to put an inventive spin on them.

Dover Dover Your CS is looking good. I'm loling at the broken teleportation orb.

Life. Life. Who are you going to sacrifice?

Hehe thanks. <3 I'm looking forward to messing around with that.

:0

Woah. I will never be able to do that. I think I'll just write them a letter.

Sounds fun, Aughto.

Life, make sure your penmanship is good. It's the gods of time we're talking about.

Alright, I thiiink I'm done my profile for now. Could potentially have more tweaking still, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back