RpNation Monthly: August 2016

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

RpNation Crest.png

AUGUST 2016 Something that excites me about this month's newsletter: both our Member of the Month and Roleplay of the Month were obtained through user suggestions! If you would like to suggest something to be featured in the September newsletter, feel free to either PM me or fill out @Eunoia[/font][/h]

And now some words from the MotM:

Q: When did you get started roleplaying, and how?

A: This is a little embarrassing, but it started on YouTube. I made some friends who wanted me to get into it and I think I had around fifty characters at one point. This was back in like 2010.

Q: You like to use BBCode and have helped lots of users do the same! What are you most excited about in the upcoming updates to the post editor?

A: Accordions. I have a love/hate relationship with them and I'm really excited about not worrying as much about messing them up.

Q: What are some hobbies you have besides roleplaying?

A: I wouldn't call it a hobby, but my mom and I take in strays so that's what I spend most of my time doing. Taking care of all of them.

Q: Any book or show or other such media that you've been excited about recently?

A: I'm excited about so many movies/shows/books, honestly. I think at the top of the list would be Wonder Woman. I'm really excited for her movie.
Q: What is your favourite summer treat and why?

A: Ice cream. I love ice cream.

Q: Got any projects in progress? Tell us about them!

A: I've got a few plots that I'm working on for after the update. Some aliens, some mythology. A whole lot of coolness.

Q: What does your ideal birthday party look like?

A: Actually, my birthday this year was pretty ideal. I went to Build-A-Bear to celebrate my twentieth and it was pretty perfect. The only thing that could top it would be to go to a music festival.

Q: What advice do you have for the readers of this month's newsletter?

A: Never give up. It's always the darkest before the dawn, everything gets better. Everyone gets down, just make sure you're able to get up.

Closing Thoughts The running theme this month seems to be user contributions! I'd love it if we could keep that theme going; when you contribute suggestions to us, not only do you have the pleasure of even briefly connecting with me (ha), but you also get to influence pretty wicked awesome stuff here in this nation of creation, AND you make it easier for me to find wonderful content. It's all of you that make this site awesome, and this newsletter awesome. Thanks for reading!

RpNation Crest.png

Shout out to @Eunoia

Eunie, baby, you did it. I'm so proud. Continue being the best at making RPs and coding a whole new world:)

Congrats to all those mentioned!!!!

:D

And as always a grand thank you to the staff for making the newsletter, putting up with all us crazy users and bringing us not only a wondrous update but future enjoyments to all us Rpn players!

That was the sweetest intro omg thank you so much this means so much to me. <33

After all the drama and pettiness on the site in the last month, this has really brightened my day and reminded me why I'm on the site in the first place. No one can change my love for writing or my love for this site. All my love to those of you who need it. <3

@RedIncubus thank you love <33 I appreciate you endlessly.

Oh, and thanks to those of you who nominated me. You guys are my angels and I love and appreciate you so much <3

@Agent141 I like the idea of your roleplay and how you have set it out and I plan on making a large medieval like roleplay after the new updates come out (one I've been planning bit by bit since May). Just wanted to say I like your mind set and ideas, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The power of user nominations! Please remember to keep suggesting content for Anomaly to feature.

That form is a delicate child that Anomaly and I are the proud parents of. Please don't let our intensely intimate late-night sessions go to waste.

Once a month, if we can manage it (we usually do).

Cannot WAIT for the new update, it's quite likely I'll branch out from my first rp ever (Divergence in Destiny) to try out all of this new stuff! Gotta say this community has been nothing but positive for me and I do need to try out different roleplays and get more involved when I have the time, it's just hard to 'jump in' to an rp that has already started for me. Maybe I can work up the motivation to try once we get the new site. :3

The new update is almost here! Yay! But one question... Will it be possible to kick/ban someone from a roleplay? If it's not already here then that could be a feature that maybe could be made in the future. I'm not sure if it's already here, though. If it is then I would like to know how one can do it so I'm not telling lies/half-truths when making the rules for a roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread