• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RpNation App?

Do you want an RpN App? (Please read before voting)

• Not really, I use the mobile site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Soses-fighter007]If there is an app I want ONLY RpNation content, I don't want to have to see any other forums that aren't on the site or have to navigate through several different things to get to rpn. :/

[/QUOTE]
It would be just for us, that was the flaw of tapatalk as well, they tried to advertise other sites while visting in an effort to make ad money.

[QUOTE="Cu Chulainn]I wouldn't say it would be hell. A mobile app for this site would most likely be a number of API calls returning JSON objects, they can easily be parsed into java (for Android) and all the data is there.

[/QUOTE]
Wh-wha...?

Too much techspeak. O.o

Kyubi said:
Their argument is why we need one the browser dose work flawlessly so it is a pretty valid argument.
Some people need one because their mobile browser might just be so horribly incompatible with the formatting of the site. Also, some people would adore push noodlfications.

There's definitely an interest in an app, so go for it!

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It would be just for us, that was the flaw of tapatalk as well, they tried to advertise other sites while visting in an effort to make ad money.

[/QUOTE]
That was my biggest problem with it before, but I LOVE having an app for how easy it makes it to check and respond messages and roleplays. :) Cool!

I hope it works out! :)

Spazzycat101 said:
Wh-wha...?
Too much techspeak. O.o

Some people need one because their mobile browser might just be so horribly incompatible with the formatting of the site. Also, some people would adore push noodlfications.
Fair enough (but I am not sure if that is the case with anybody who could get the app, unless of course it gets a 3DS realise somehow) and correction, everyone would enjoy push notifications. I personally want an app (not if it costs too much), I just trying to show you the other side of the argument.

And can someone answer my question about push notifications, please.

It depends on how the App works compared to the Moblie Site....

Cu Chulainn] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/1-the-dark-wizard/ said:
@The Dark Wizard[/URL] is it an in-house development or external?
External by an extremely trusted source.

Native XenForo App in Development.

Built just for the software we use, it wouldn't be any different then any of the addons we have commissioned or purchased.

If there were a free app, I'd probably download it and use for some things. As for whether or not I need one, well, Steve Jobs managed to come up with products I never knew I needed until he told me they existed. :)

The Dark Wizard]External by an extremely trusted source. [URL="https://xenforo.com/community/threads/native-xenforo-app-in-development.109044/ said:
Native XenForo App in Development.[/URL]

Built just for the software we use, it wouldn't be any different then any of the addons we have commissioned or purchased.
Ah right, simple deployment job then. No fuss, and any problems go straight back to the developer!

[QUOTE="The Reaper Of Souls]It depends on how the App works compared to the Moblie Site....

[/QUOTE]
It won't have tabs at the top of roleplays,

I assume it will have bbcode support.

It will work a lot better then Tapatalk but it won't have our more advanced features, but it will cover the basics of xenforo since its being built for xenforo and that is a lot more that can be said about Tapatalk which is for hundreds of different software and honestly didn't work that great on any of them.

Still want an answer to the push notification question.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It won't have tabs at the top of roleplays,

It will work a lot better then Tapatalk but it won't have our more advanced features, but it will cover the basics of xenforo since its being built for xenforo and that is a lot more that can be said about Tapatalk which is for hundreds of different software and honestly didn't work that great on any of them.

[/QUOTE]
Oh, no tabs, then well I will just use the browser then. (I will still try it) I am glad it is getting BBCode support.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It won't have tabs at the top of roleplays,

[/QUOTE]
Its sort of how the mobile site works ....

i think launching an app would be redundant, the people who work on the mobile site just focus on changing the layout every few months. To be honest, I don't even like that, it's almost like the youtube app it's undergone so much change. The app would just be another taptalk (which sucks no matter what site you use it for), i'd just leave things the way they were.

I think that you guys should totally bring the app back! It's more efficient in my case and many others! The push notifications would be a great feature to have, considering I don't always see the notifications on my laptop. And many users use their phone probably more than their laptop, like me, so please really consider this!

Coming from someone who is always on a mobile browser for RP, it would be nice to have an app to keep organized and work well. The mobile website can be glitchy at times and hard to control, so I would say an app would be very useful for people can only RP on a mobile device!

I would love an RPN app, and I actually wouldn't mind paying an early access fee for it, to support the site. :)

I would love to have an app, I use mobile more than not and while I love the mobile site, I really would love the ability to have push notifications!

App is pointless since it.likely won't come out on all platforms, while the mobile website does

I was never really able to use Tapatalk. It disn't really suit me and the way I "work", but I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us with an actual app!

Bobisdead123 said:
App is pointless since it.likely won't come out on all platforms, while the mobile website does
That does not make the app pointless, it only means that the app will have limited viability compared to the full site. We already knew that.

RedLikeRoses said:
I, personally, NEED an app. Although I love the mobile site, the push notifications would be really great.
Could you explain why you need it?

While the mobile site works, I often run into errors while typing out my posts. Mostly with the "enter" button. It may just be my phone though. I would also love to get notifications on my phone instead of just an email. It would be quite convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back