RPN Study Buddy Group

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
RPN Study Buddy Group

Hey guys! Finals are coming up - do you need help studying? Do you want to help your fellow RPers study? Then you should totally hang out here with me and sob grossly over exams. Or, if you want to be a productive member of society, you can hang out here and help sobbing users with studying!

Rules:

• Don't be a dick to someone who's nice enough to try and help out.
  • Don't purpose give someone the wrong answer. That's such an asshole move.
  • Don't get any ideas about asking someone to do your homework for you.

To kickstart the discussion, I'm currently working on a 44 question PreCalc study guide, and I'm totally down for trying to help out anyone in the same boat as me. ^_^

welian said:
I've heard that's quite the workload!! What are you working on right now?
You're not wrong there, though PreCalc? I'd take UN any day. Currently writing about the refugee policy in the country I chose (the UK) and trying not to talk crap about them, haha! How's studying for finals going?

So I'm willing to help out around work and other such things. Just for future reference, here are the subjects I feel comfortable helping out with:

- Math (technically up through Linear Algebra and Differential Equations, but that's where I get a bit iffy)

- Computer Science (Mostly C/C++, but I can definitely write pseudocode for any other similar languages or just do logic breakdowns for people)

- Electrical Engineering (again, a bit iffy, but I do remember enough to feel like I could be somewhat helpful)

Feel free to ask me about stuff. Please tag me in posts just in case I accidentally miss it on my own. I am prone to such things, and would rather not miss a thing like that. :3

Kiana3746 said:
You're not wrong there, though PreCalc? I'd take UN any day. Currently writing about the refugee policy in the country I chose (the UK) and trying not to talk crap about them, haha! How's studying for finals going?
It goes slowly. xD I had a huge family emergency halfway through the semester and I'm STILL trying to catch up on some work. I'm only taking three classes at college this semester. My English final, which I need to start prewriting for, is a 3k word research paper on the topic of our choosing. I decided to write about gerrymandering and advocate using third party committees and computer algorithims to determine congressional districts. For web design, I need to design and create a site - not terribly difficult, just time-consuming - and in the meantime, continue to study for PreCalc. Math is usually my worst subject but I'm the most worried about English because my self discipline is non-existent.

[QUOTE="DJ MagicHat]Math (technically up through Linear Algebra and Differential Equations, but that's where I get a bit iffy)

[/QUOTE]
Ey bby wann sum systems of nonlinear functions?

welian said:
It goes slowly. xD I had a huge family emergency halfway through the semester and I'm STILL trying to catch up on some work. I'm only taking three classes at college this semester. My English final, which I need to start prewriting for, is a 3k word research paper on the topic of our choosing. I decided to write about gerrymandering and advocate using third party committees and computer algorithims to determine congressional districts. For web design, I need to design and create a site - not terribly difficult, just time-consuming - and in the meantime, continue to study for PreCalc. Math is usually my worst subject but I'm the most worried about English because my self discipline is non-existent.
Calculus gave me the best pickup line ever:

Yo girl, Am I your derivative? Because I wanna lie tangent to your curves

welian said:
OH MAN YOU'RE SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE ALREADY

THE LANGUAGE OF NUMBERS

I AM THE MATH WHISPERER

...Okay not really but I like to say that dramatically from time to time.

I'm a chemistry PhD so I'm wildly familiar with organic, inorganic, practicing, analytical, and just about any type of chemistry you can imagine. I'm also comfortable with math up through Calc III and I have a basic knowledge of calculus-based physics. I hate biology, so don't even ask.

I'm working on getting my GED and I plan to do it sometime after my birthday... O.o Anyone got any advice for the test?

Kiana3746 said:
Ooh man, this actually looks perfect. Model UN stuff right now, it's crazy.
Ugh I did that a few years ago and my partner was poo. It was a great experience but she claimed I did nothing when I helped research things and wrote the whole freaking paper, which took hours. Then she decided she didn't like it and rewrote it herself and told everyone I did nothing -_- Then at the actual assembly she bossed me around and made me go up and talk then complained when I was too quiet or whatever (severe social anxiety right here). I also had another experience like that and it makes me hate people :/

Oh, before I forget, I can also help a little with basic music things. Guitar, some basic music theory shenanigans, DJ'ing for anyone interested in that...yeah.

I'm pretty good at anything biology related and can help with french a bit if anyone needs my assistance.

I love history. I need to review, but right now, I could probably explain everything that has happened since the 1900's. I need to review the 1700 and 1800's, but I am comfortable for those eras.

We should set up a discord study group. Just an idea.

TeaMMatE11 said:
We should set up a discord study group.
I considered it, but I've had some trouble with enforcing RPN rules in roleplay OOC chats. I eventually had to shut the server down because people couldn't play nice with each other, so I'm hesitant to do something similar again.

welian said:
I considered it, but I've had some trouble with enforcing RPN rules in roleplay OOC chats. I eventually had to shut the server down because people couldn't play nice with each other, so I'm hesitant to do something similar again.
We could, only restrict it to studying, or educational purposes. I know, that when people start chat roleplaying, it can get out of hand pretty darn fast.

Just a suggestion.

I would be willing to try to help. Now, whether I could actually be of help is another story entirely... But I'm a history major, English minor, if that helps at all. I'm rubbish with science or any math above basic algebra, so I'm afraid I can't help y'all with Pre-Cal up there... I can probably help with history in the Isles, specifically Scotland and Ireland, though I know a bit of English history as well, especially regarding the Tudors and English Reformation. Seriously doubt any of that will be needed, but there it is! (:

Oh, and I can kinda proofread a bit, but it's pretty basic...

AlbaGuBrath said:
can probably help with history in the Isles, specifically Scotland and Ireland, though I know a bit of English history as well, especially regarding the Tudors and English Reformation. Seriously doubt any of that will be needed, but there it is!
Hey, you never know! Someone here might be studying European History.

Might be! I am... (x

Oh, something kinda along those lines. I'm finishing my second semester of Latin right now. Can't say I'm great at it, but I have some notes and charts that might could be of use to someone.

Update on finals - I finally figured out what to do for my website for the Web Design 2 final! Once I finish this course, I'll have a career certificate in web design. So, uh... feel free to ask about Dreamweaver and stuff.

Well, if anyone needs some help with all those historical stuff, then do tag me, as I seem know quite a bit of history, loosely based on the cultural and social progression of humans from the prehistoric times to the pre-industrial era (or so I suppose). Most of my information were received from extensive historical research, to simplified studies of various books. Although, I may have to admit that my knowledge of specific times and important persons may differ heavily.

I'm a philosophy major, social worker, etc. I also dabble hither and thither. I'm sure there's someone I could assist with something, sometime. >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back