• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RPN PROM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesania

true neutral
Okay, so I literally just thought of this, and thought it would have been cool as fuck to do.

So, you guys know how you do these events and fundraisers a lot when the holidays are near, and you guys like to plan out cool games and jokes for us to join? Well, it is prom season right now, and prom is a huge commotion. So I was thinking, why don't we hold one here?

Instagram vine had done prom, and it was hosted by the members. I doubt it will cost anything, if not any. The only thing you guys would have to do, is make a forum for people ASKING others to prom, and make a different forum for the actual prom, of which you can put a date too.

For example, the asking people to prom forum could be from Now to like June 13, and actual prom will be June 14, and there'll be a forum for that only.

And in the actual forum, that's where all the "couples" (and if u didnt ask anyone, and you're single thats fine too), will be able to chat. Prom could go on for like, two days. And during that, people could vote for their favorite couple/pair.

I don't know. Obviously it would be more planned out, but I seriously thought that, that'd be really dope. I feel like people would like it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Generic Gamer]Huh, that might be vaguely pointing in the direction known as "Interesting."

[/QUOTE]
No one said you had to participate in it if it does actually happen, just a suggestion. After All, no everyone decides to go to prom

You seem to be the only one so far on this thread showing a lack of interest anyways.

Gexln said:
I was unpopular enough in high school, I don't need to be reminded of that horrible time again.
#ForeverAlone

Though I think this would be a good idea, regardless of how painful it would be for myself.
Trust me, no matter what high school, RPN is a much better community, with much nicer people.

Will it be done in the discord app? Also, it seems like an alright idea. I mean, I don't know how many people will participate; And I probably won't. But if you get enough people, I don't see why not. It's interesting sure. But not that intriguing in my point of view.

Ecstasyia said:
Will it be done in the discord app? Also, it seems like an alright idea. I mean, I don't know how many people will participate; And I probably won't. But if you get enough people, I don't see why not. It's interesting sure. But not that intriguing in my point of view.
No, it'd be done as threads.

[QUOTE="mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y]I can't relate. I never went to prom. :U

[/QUOTE]
I've never been to prom either.

... Anyway lmao. The big issue with this idea is the "couples" aspect. Even if we made a point that this wasn't meant to be a matchmaking event, there are those that would take it that way. We don't want to endorse setting people up in relationships, namely because you there are people who hide their age on the site, so you could have someone under the age of eighteen pairing themselves with someone over the age of eighteen and taking each other to truly be significant others. While we can't and won't stop people from dating on this site, we don't want any existing forums or threads actively seeking out partners, because then the blame can be pinned on us when the parent of said underaged person uncovers this. It's about the same reason why we disallow ERP. It's a cute idea if we could guarantee that not everyone would take it seriously, but unfortunately, with a site as large as our own, we can't do that.

Semblance said:
I LIKE THIS IDEA but i don't really want to read through 20 pages, so could someone catch me up real quick? :)
Ok so basically what happened was a lot of people wanted to go to prom and so 3 people started matching people up with people then we started to get a little off topic. (ok a lot off topic) But basically now this is just for the prom. We were literally making ships that we thought were cute. But we might be back to that... hopefully

Pine said:
... Anyway lmao. The big issue with this idea is the "couples" aspect. Even if we made a point that this wasn't meant to be a matchmaking event, there are those that would take it that way. We don't want to endorse setting people up in relationships, namely because you there are people who hide their age on the site, so you could have someone under the age of eighteen pairing themselves with someone over the age of eighteen and taking each other to truly be significant others. While we can't and won't stop people from dating on this site, we don't want any existing forums or threads actively seeking out partners, because then the blame can be pinned on us when the parent of said underaged person uncovers this. It's about the same reason why we disallow ERP. It's a cute idea if we could guarantee that not everyone would take it seriously, but unfortunately, with a site as large as our own, we can't do that.
I really do support your idea, but this isn't for something like that... Its just a little thing... I don't think any of them are actually going to date... But still, your Idea is very smart... That is dangerous!

billthesomething said:
would the idea work better using our O.Cs instead
Then it would be a roleplay, in which case you're on the perfect website for that!

Given how far people on the site have taken 'fake' relationships and shipping before, I honestly think - while a fun idea - this could go horribly, horribly wrong.

I don't see, however, why something like this couldn't be a large group RP instead of a site-wide thing. It would take a bit more organization (co-GM would be helpful as hell), but it might work much better with OCs > the players behind them.

Just my 2¢.

Um. So. Not to be the voice of dissent here... But well, I can think of probably about a hundred different reasons why, however cute this idea is in theory, this would be an absolute trainwreck. The number one reason coming to mind being hurt feelings. What if someone asks someone and they say no? What if two people ask the same person? What happens when things like this come up is... people get salty, and salt isn't exactly a way to bring the community together.

My suggestion would be, for the folks that really wanna do this... just make a thread in personal discussion or somewhere along those lines, and go to town - but as an actual -site- event? I just don't think it's a good idea. Plus, it doesn't really encourage much in terms of writing... which is kind of what this site is for? Just my two shiny pennies.

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Um. So. Not to be the voice of dissent here... But well, I can think of probably about a hundred different reasons why, however cute this idea is in theory, this would be an absolute trainwreck. The number one reason coming to mind being hurt feelings. What if someone asks someone and they say no? What if two people ask the same person? What happens when things like this come up is... people get salty, and salt isn't exactly a way to bring the community together.
My suggestion would be, for the folks that really wanna do this... just make a thread in personal discussion or somewhere along those lines, and go to town - but as an actual -site- event? I just don't think it's a good idea. Plus, it doesn't really encourage much in terms of writing... which is kind of what this site is for? Just my two shiny pennies.

[/QUOTE]
not to be disrespectful, but I don't think anyone's getting salty over a rejected fake prom date. This is supposed to be a fun thing and nobody's supposed to take it that seriously.

If you're going to be upset over someone not willing to pretend to go to prom with you, then roleplaying will be a much bigger problem.

Magnadeus said:
not to be disrespectful, but I don't think anyone's getting salty over a rejected fake prom date. This is supposed to be a fun thing and nobody's supposed to take it that seriously.
If you're going to be upset over someone not willing to pretend to go to prom with you, then roleplaying will be a much bigger problem.
Have you... been on the internet? xD The things people get salty at are a lot more ridiculous than that. Trust me *lol*

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Have you... been on the internet? xD The things people get salty at are a lot less ridiculous than that. Trust me *lol*

[/QUOTE]
I know about that, but this is a roleplay website and what we are doing is nothing short of that. Roleplaying means respecting other people's decisions, and it would have to be something like that.

Magnadeus said:
I know about that, but this is a roleplay website and what we are doing is nothing short of that. Roleplaying means respecting other people's decisions, and it would have to be something like that.
Regardless of the forum it's used on or the context surrounding it, there's always going to be at least one person who genuinely gets upset at something like this, even if they don't show it.

Magnadeus said:
Oh if you'd only been here for the Shoutbox days. Heh.

To be fair, none of these things would be brought up if they hadn't already happened before. No, not with this idea directly, but there have been times where people were actively threatening others in the Shoutbox/other chats because they dared to talk to their 'ship'/shoutbox love interest/online partner/etc.

Not saying this happens every time, but with a site this big, it's not easy to assume that at least a handful of people will turn something like this into a mess by taking it too far.

It's a fantastic idea on paper, but something that fall apart in practice due to things outside of anyone's control. :/

Magnadeus said:
Just saying... It's the internet. It's a good thought, but rarely do thought and action coincide perfectly. There will always be feelings involved and feelings hurt, no matter how you want people to perceive something. Particularly when a lot of the folks on this site tend towards the younger end of the spectrum. You cannot expect a teenager to handle ANY form of rejection - even silly internet rejection - with grace.

Think about how many people get upset when they aren't accepted for a roleplay? This would be the same issue... but on a MUCH more personal scale. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back