RP

Alex waves to Cleo with a smile as she departs then notices some others depart as well, shrugging he reaches into his backpack taking out a book and begins reading from it "That could of gone better." He mumbled about the earlier issue.

Deciding to practice simple Elemental Manipulation while he waits, conjuring a small ball of electricity and forcing it to roll along and between his fingers as he reads from the book, multi-tasking to the best of his abilities "Hopefully we can get to the Academy soon or at least people start being social with each other and not trying to bite each other's heads off"

Alyona was sat down on top of her bags, fiddling with the lid of her water bottle. Removing it she took a sip of water to swallow her medication with. She replaced the cap on the bottle, returning it to the pouch she wore at her hip. 

She sat quietly, observing the other students on the boat, one hand carefully observing her pulse as she sat there

Timothy walked onto the ship. The ship was pretty roomy, he had to admit, but he could deal with it. He slowly began to walk towards one of the seats. He had a suitcase and a backpack on him but besides that dragged him down a bit but he didn't mind. He then sat beside Alyona and began to read a book

@Eternal Dragonchild

Alyona looked up briefly, her face registering a brief flash of pain as her heart seized. She then looked down at her hands, the fingertips a pale blue from the almost constant lack of blood.

Now embarrassed by her condition she hid them in her pockets, trying to keep them private.

@Broncos

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's nothing new to me. I can manage it. Even if my heart stops, I got all the medication I need right here" With that Alyona gestured to her hip pouch "I was born with a bad heart and bad lung, It's a miracle I'm still kicking after the three heart attacks I had last year. If I ever lose consciousness and my pulse isn't the best, you gotta hit me with the adrenaline" 
She wrapped her hands back in her pocket, still incredibly self-conscious about how she looked.  

@Broncos

Alex with a bored look on his face, having finished the chapter in the book he was reading puts it back into his backpack, then looks around still unconsciously manipulating the ball of lightning along and between his fingers "Least it's getting easier to do it without focusing...now let's go to step two" he mumbled adding a small ball of fire next to the ball of electricity, manipulating both of the balls slowly along and between his fingers as he glances around

Timothy was a bit taken aback by the answer. He then said "Well, I have to say I am impressed. I guarantee that someone less determined what've died by now,". He then got out a green tea and said "Do you want one? I got plenty unless that is against your medical condition,". Timothy knew this girl had to be resilant to survive three heart attacks. Perhaps she could be useful

@Eternal Dragonchild

((I'll reply soon guys. Have a family event to go to tonight and work tomorrow morning. I'll try to reply something by the end of the night))

Alyona smiled "Sure I'll have some. It's not about determination, it was about how close to medical aid I was" She gave a gentle smile, one that was shy and reserved "Most people don't talk to me as I see ghosts. Let me guess, you're new"

@Broncos

Timothy almost burst out laughing. He then said "Ya, and turns out when we arrive that, plot twist, I've been a ghost the whole time. Anyway, ya, I'm new. Interesting power, let me guess, you get a bunch of greivers trying to talk to their dead loved ones one last time,". He then handed the tea to Alyona

@Eternal Dragonchild

"I get called a freak, mainly cause of my powers, I can only see ghosts around where I am. People always try to steal this bag from me cause I'm a freak" She pointed to her hip pouch

"There's a ghost girl on the ship, according to the staff, she was shoved overboard the year before I started, it would be this group of third and fourth years who were responsible as she was only a first year" She scanned the crowd, looking for the girl as she sipped at the tea

"In about ten minutes she'll come running up from below decks"

@Broncos

Timothy sighed and said "Welp, that's how cruel our world is. You can stick with me if you want, I'm pretty sure I can prevent you from being harmed,". Timothy then began to levitate the book, saying "Oh, and my power is telepathy. I can basically move objects with my mind,". He wasn't telling her his full extent to his powers but she didn't need to know that. He then said "So, will she start attacking people in 10 minutes or something else?"

@Eternal Dragonchild

"She's running in fear, she heads up to the top deck before being knocked to the floor. She's lifted and thrown overboard" Alyona leant back into her rucksack "Thanks for talking to me, I would have just sat here alone"

@Broncos

Timothy smiled. He knew that he needed to start the process. He then planted a little thought into Alyona's head. The thought was "Perhaps you could think I'm cute and you like it to be near me,"

@Eternal Dragonchild

Alex looked around "Are we still waiting for people?" He mumbles to himself as he continues his Elemental Manipulation Exercises, now deciding to do the same thing with both hands adding a small ball of electricity and fire on his other hand and forcing the two elemental balls to slowly move along and between his fingers not even bothering with the heat from the fire or the weird sparks from the electricity.

After a few seconds of that he tosses one of the fireballs in the air and 'catches' it on his pinky then moves it up to his ring finger out of pure boredom "Least I know if I flunk out of this academy I can get good money being a performer" He chuckled rolling his eyes then yawning as he continues his exercises with little to no issues. 

c5hxTD0.png

The cloudless grey sky did not bode well for the journey the peach haired south korean girl was about to undertake. Yoona lifted her eyes to the sky as she boarded the boat, one hand inside of her jacket pocket idly fiddling with pieces of scrap metal. Ever since she discovered what she was capable of she made a point to always have even just a bit of metal on hand in case she would need to protect herself or for some other uses. So far she hadn't really needed to use it, not since her accident and that one little incident she'd had back home.

Well it wasn't quite that little; it had made international news after all. "The Metal Beast of Gangnam" they had called her golem- she could admit it had a catchy note to it.

Back before her parents sent her off to the USA to "study", which luckily for her the transition was rather smooth because she already knew English, she had been pretty much experimenting with golemancy on her own. Her experiments had resulted in a 6 foot golem that she'd had difficulty getting under control before it wrecked part of Seoul's affluent and very crowded shopping district Gangnam. She wasn't sure what the wreckage costs were estimated at but she knew no amount of part timing or her parents savings could cover it. She had run from the scene with the rest of the fleeing crowd which in turn helped her discover that the golems stopped working and fell completely apart if she got too much distance from them. Thankfully no one was hurt but the damage was almost insurmountable.

Not wanting her to face any charges in addition to being at their wit's end, her parents sought out the LPA as a last ditch effort to get Yoona some help. So here she was, fresh off a 6 month long tour of good ol' Murica on her way to god knows where. And not only that but it looked like she'd be sharing the boat ride with creatures and people she had thought only existed in books.

Yoona's mouth gaped wide open as she moved about the sprawling expanse of the large cruise liner, taking in all the sights of various mythical creatures and humans doing amazing things. To be frank she had thought LPA was actually a joke and she was being sent to some sort of reform boarding school to lay low for a while. But it was 100% real and Yoona wasn't sure if she should be terrified or excited. She supposed feeling a bit of both would do. 

Whilst dragging her luggage along the wooden deck she came across a guy around her age doing some rather fancy tricks with balls of fire and sparking energy. Completely enthralled, she moved closer to the male watching as he made the magic balls move effortlessly along his fingers. "Oh wow, that's totally cool!" Yoona's eyes widened with excitement, matching the tone of her voice as she marveled at the display of magic. "I still almost can't believe all of this is real" at this she gestured wildly around them at all the magic and wonder they were surrounded by, "but like wow- seeing it in person is just insane! " 

Athena silently watched everything unfold, glad she hadn't had to separate the two. She wasn't exactly loud, so she probably would've been ignored and stuck in the middle. As she watched, she noticed that the gold banged guy became more and more confused, and Athena suddenly had a brain wave. He didn't look like he'd been around humans much, just like her. Even if her mother was human, both of them were fully integrated into the Elven way of living, and Athena as much more accustomed to her father's customs, so her first trip was pretty confusing too.

Stepping over to him, Athena tapped him on the shoulder. "Is this your first time around humans?", her soft voice much quieter than the voices of the others, her strong accent obvious as she spoke. She wanted to get away from the rapidly developing crowd around her, but considering she was on a ship full of people, it would be difficult to get any solitude. She was worried that she was already a little overwhelmed, although she was out of practice after a long holiday relaxing with her parents, away from people.

@Esther_Silvers

~Tobias Genesi~

Tobias watched as the ice witch suddenly disappeared, but his sharp eye caught her farther away, talking to her sister. He guessed the interruptions were too much, which wasn't surprising. He had no idea why these students were interfering; this wasn't their battle. Earth was very against violence, he remembered, but was it that strict on barbarity?

Tobias was alerted to a soft tap on the shoulder, followed by an opulently-accented voice, much quieter than the buzz from the other students. He furrowed his brow at the strange, but elegant accent, and turned around to the sight of a shorter girl, with flowing green hair and emerald green eyes. He immediately noticed her ears, which were pointed, which led to the conclusion that she was not human.

"Yes," he answered, his voice a little breathless, his own voice tinged with a unidentifiable accent, his English slightly rough. "It's my first time here..on Earth. Your ways are strange. Confusing," he said, his gaze intense, as if boring into the elf-of-a girl. He hesitated, before adding,  "My name is Tobias Genesi...and I'm a genie."

@FrostFire

c5hxTD0.png

The cloudless grey sky did not bode well for the journey the peach haired south korean girl was about to undertake. Yoona lifted her eyes to the sky as she boarded the boat, one hand inside of her jacket pocket idly fiddling with pieces of scrap metal. Ever since she discovered what she was capable of she made a point to always have even just a bit of metal on hand in case she would need to protect herself or for some other uses. So far she hadn't really needed to use it, not since her accident and that one little incident she'd had back home.

Well it wasn't quite that little; it had made international news after all. "The Metal Beast of Gangnam" they had called her golem- she could admit it had a catchy note to it.

Back before her parents sent her off to the USA to "study", which luckily for her the transition was rather smooth because she already knew English, she had been pretty much experimenting with golemancy on her own. Her experiments had resulted in a 6 foot golem that she'd had difficulty getting under control before it wrecked part of Seoul's affluent and very crowded shopping district Gangnam. Not wanting her to face any charges in addition to being at their wit's end, her parents sought out the LPA as a last ditch effort to get Yoona some help. So here she was, fresh off a 6 month long tour of good ol' Murica on her way to god knows where. And not only that but it looked like she'd be sharing the boat ride with creatures and people she had thought only existed in books.

Yoona's mouth gaped wide open as she moved about the sprawling expanse of the large cruise liner, taking in all the sights of various mythical creatures and humans doing amazing things. To be frank she had thought LPA was actually a joke and she was being sent to some sort of reform boarding school to lay low for a while. But it was 100% real and Yoona wasn't sure if she should be terrified or excited. She supposed feeling a bit of both would do. 

Whilst dragging her luggage along the wooden deck she came across a guy around her age doing some rather fancy tricks with balls of fire and sparking energy. Completely enthralled, she moved closer to the male watching as he made the magic balls move effortlessly along his fingers. "Oh wow, that's totally cool!" Yoona's eyes widened with excitement, matching the tone of her voice as she marveled at the display of magic. "I still almost can't believe this is real but like wow- seeing it in person is just insane! " 

Alex glanced up finally noticing someone close by as he was extremely focused on his exercises to notice, he smiles at the woman and snaps a finger on his right hand to force the fireball and electric ball to disappear so he can extend his hand to shake hers "Name's Alexander or Alex for short, nice to meet you" He says while his other hand still continues the exercise without him noticing "Least someone is social, I've had to deal with people trying to pick fights with other people since I've gotten here" He chuckles then shrugs.

c5hxTD0.png

Yoona couldn't help but to smile back at the friendly stranger, there was something inherently likeable about him. "Nice to meet you as well Alex, I'm Yoona."  She had to remove her hand from her pocket to shake his, making sure to dust off any residual dirt from the scrap metal onto her jeans before doing so.  From the corner of her eye she noticed that even as he spoke and held her hand his other hand was still continuing to play with his magical abilities. It meant that he really had a strong handle on his power, perhaps even total control. Something Yoona aspired to have over hers by the time this school year was over. 

She cocked her head to the side in a curious manner when he mentioned fighting. "People were already wanting to fight each other? Damn, kinda sad I missed that." She grinned cheekily as she was not above watching some good teenage drama play out. Plus with everything going on it wouldn't surprise her that a few students might want to test out their abilities against each other to see who they would need to keep an eye on throughout the year. But for now she was more interested in the character before her, this master of fire and electrical energy Alex. "How long have you been here? Like have you attended LPA before?" 

Alex chuckled softly letting go of her hand after a few more shakes "the pleasure is mine" He said with a teasing wink then grins "But yes seemed a lot of tension was going on when I boarded and walked by this area but I calmed everyone down, so good going me" He chuckled once more then proceeded to answer her other question "First year, I'm afraid, why do you ask and what of yourself?" he asked curiously with a smile as he eye'd her casually from where he sat.

@Blue Jay

c5hxTD0.png

Yoona shifted her weight from one foot to the other, adjusting the strap of her duffel bag as she settled in for what was likely to be a very pleasant conversation. "Ah well aren't we all lucky to have Alex the Mediator on board?"  She laughed lightly though she did mean the comment genuinely. Not many would step up to stop a fight, especially if it had nothing to do with them. It showed he was brave and that was a quality she liked in a person. She was also incredibly curious as to who the people involved were and what powers they held, quickly glancing around to see if anyone looked annoyed or agitated. Her eyes settled on a rather disgruntled looking male, his stocky build imposing. @Esther_Silvers Perhaps he had been one of the participants? Her eyes trailed over his body before locking onto the golden bracelets at his wrists. They were stunning to look at, as though they were hand carved from pure gold. But surely no one that rich was attending this school right?

Turning back towards Alex, Yoona jerked her head in the guys direction.  "Looks like he was recently pissed off. Was he one of the ones fighting?" The guy certainly looked like he could hold his own and it made her wonder how Alex had managed to stop him. But he had responded to her earlier question so she kept the flow of conversation going.  "Lame, I was kind of hoping you'd been here before. I have no clue how any of this works." She gave a nervous laugh and ran a hand idly through her peachy pink hair. Yoona was completely out of her element here. Despite her confidence in herself this was just so far out of her comfort zone. She was hoping Alex had attended LPA before so he could easily show her around and help her get adjusted to her new life more easily. But then again them both being first years meant they would have the joy of stumbling through this mess together. "Guess we'll just have to figure it out as we go huh? Us first year... buddies." She rolled her eyes at the way she ended that sentence knowing he'd think she was a total idiot now. Yoona's tone was probably a bit too hopeful. She had no friends here and was really hoping to count Alex as the first of hopefully many.

Alex chuckled at her joke of him being a mediator then grinned "Meh, I just don't want the ship to be blown up" He snickered softly, looking over to where she jerked her head to he nodded "Yep he was one of them the other was some Ice Magic Using Chick who decided to teleport away, she I would probably avoid more than him..since Ice and Teleportation are a rather deadly combo in fights" He says then shrugs with a slight frown as if remembering something then smiled shaking his head "Hey now no worries on that, we'll figure out the Academy together, I wouldn't want to leave a beautiful young lady to fend for herself, what kind of gentlemen would I be if I did that?" He teased her with a grin then chuckles once more "So yes we are friends if that is what you were hoping for."

@Blue Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back