Idea Rp world Idea

Rusty Kerman

Idiot on the moon.
This is no space opera, There is no gravity on ships or lasers. Were going hard specific.
In the year 2085, Humanity has successfully invented a warp-drive and has established colonies. NASA sends a group of people on a mission to a planet named "Thea" to explore, research and study the native life and environment. What will you find? What will you do? Its all up to you... Just... Keep it sane and reasonable, This is a scientific mission after all.
How is it so far?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, so far it seems like quite an appealing roleplay to those enticed by space exploration or exploration adventure in general. That said, at the moment you give 0 direction to the players and they don't have anywhere near enough info to so much as begin establishing decisions or a direction themselves. Frankly, the idea has potential in the same way a canvas painted full white does: there is a lot that can be done with it, but so far there isn't really anything in it.

Well. I plan for it to start with a landing sequence. "Everyone is seated in there seats as the engines fire, slowly bringing the lander down to the surface. As everybody exits. [My character would speak up and say something like] Set up the habitat and get everything ready"
Also, Thanks for showing interest!

Last edited:
Well. I plan for it to start with a landing sequence. "Everyone is seated in there seats as the engines fire, slowly bringing the lander down to the surface. As everybody exits. [My character would speak up and say something like] Set up the habitat and get everything ready"
Also, Thanks for showing interest!

I see. Still, that's a pretty immediate goal. I'd suggest you try coming up with some bigger thing players can rely on, for instance, consider a goal that is less vague for them to be on the reason. Maybe they're trying to research something more specific or they want to test the waters to see if the planet is inhabitable. Something which, even without you being there, the players can turn to for guidance as to where to take the plot as a whole.

Edit: also, sorry to disappoint but while I can give you feedback this isn't really a roleplay for me. So I'm not so much showing interest as trying to help you improve it for those that do, I guess?

Honestly, with the right players this could work well. However, you might need a few more ground rules to find these players. Establish a power balance (how strong/skilled you want the characters to be), what technologies are available to them at first, if there is life on the planet which I assume there is, and how big, how deadly and how advanced this life is. Just a few things to consider since it really is like a blank canvas at the moment. Maybe even introduce a food story hook. Maybe a few of the crew members start acting strange, having the same nightmare, or start saying disturbing things about the planet. Maybe they land right in front of a massive cave opening lined with bright gems and a glow further in. Maybe even an alien distress call, or better yet, a human one. Even with an open world, it's always good to have a main story to fall back on.

Well, I see the main goal as simply studying and scouting out the planet. And each character would be run by me. They could be whatever, they just need to be run past me.
Thanks for the feedback so far. And I feel obliged to mention that im new to rp, so sorry if its kinda, simple so far.

Ah I see. So you don't mean you would control them, just review them. Either way, my suggestion remains: make the direction more clear and specific. Of course, it's your Rp, so make it as you see fit, but if you want to heed my advice, that's what I have to tell you.

Ah I see. So you don't mean you would control them, just review them. Either way, my suggestion remains: make the direction more clear and specific. Of course, it's your Rp, so make it as you see fit, but if you want to heed my advice, that's what I have to tell you.
Well, I dont know what to write. I want to get people interested in it, Would you mind helping me rewrite the lore dump thing?

Well, I dont know what to write. I want to get people interested in it, Would you mind helping me rewrite the lore dump thing?
Well, I am not exactly a master of charm and attraction myself, but I will help in any way I can if you want me to. I can give feedback, but I can't promise to make people like it, that depends on way too many factors.

Here is my draft for the first post. Plus. Its ment to be a 1 on 1

This is no space opera, There is no gravity on ships or lasers. Were going hard scifi.
In the year 2085, Humanity has successfully invented a warp-drive and has established colonies. NASA sends a group of 2 astronauts on a mission to a planet named "Thea" to explore, research and study the native life and environment. The main goal is to study the planet until the window for Earth return is open again. What will you find? What will you do? Its all up to you... Just... Keep it sane and reasonable, This is a scientific mission after all.

I think that's great for a little introduction already tbh. But what I suggest is thinking of many different plot starters that could happen without giving any of them too much thought. Then as soon as the players want to explore one of them, start developing that one. I think that would be the best way to keep it open world but still not have to worry about bored players.

I think that's great for a little introduction already tbh. But what I suggest is thinking of many different plot starters that could happen without giving any of them too much thought. Then as soon as the players want to explore one of them, start developing that one. I think that would be the best way to keep it open world but still not have to worry about bored players.
Thanks! One of the main things I plan to happen is a alien encounter.

So I figure that the first thing would be to scout the area, then while a player is scouting, They would find the alien.

Here is my draft for the first post. Plus. Its ment to be a 1 on 1

This is no space opera, There is no gravity on ships or lasers. Were going hard scifi.
In the year 2085, Humanity has successfully invented a warp-drive and has established colonies. NASA sends a group of 2 astronauts on a mission to a planet named "Thea" to explore, research and study the native life and environment. The main goal is to study the planet until the window for Earth return is open again. What will you find? What will you do? Its all up to you... Just... Keep it sane and reasonable, This is a scientific mission after all.
....this is meant to be a 1x1? Then why are characters "run by you"?

Well If some guy wants to be a edge lord I dont want to play with them, But if they are chill its good.
That's not... well, don't call it "running the characters by you", if you're not GMing it just makes you seem pretentious (which I am not saying you are, just that the way you worded makes you seem that way).

That's not... well, don't call it "running the characters by you", if you're not GMing it just makes you seem pretentious (which I am not saying you are, just that the way you worded makes you seem that way).
I see where your coming from, The thing is, I want to be part of this team, I want people to enjoy it, And Id be ok if it weren't one on one. I just dont want one character to take the spotlight.

I see. Well, my feedback was under the assumption this was for a group roleplay. Requirements are very different for a 1x1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back