• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (RP Title TBD) OOC Discussion!

Other
Here

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
SleepyConley SleepyConley BananaMuffin BananaMuffin ManicMuse ManicMuse

Welcome to the OOC Discussion page!

I have the Magic System page up for y'all to take a look at.

* Magic System
* Playable Races

I'll be sure to update this first post of the OOC to include future lore/worldbuilding pages.

Please look through the magic system page and let me know if you have any questions! I tried to be comprehensive so there wouldn't be too much confusion. But ya never know. Lol.

Anyway, I'm excited to work more on this! I managed to find my RP world map, but unfortunately the only version which wasn't corrupted (it's an old file) was one without any nation/country names or a legend for the colors. So, I'm gonna work on redoing all that and post the map when I can. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.

UPDATED with Playable Races link!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

Last edited:
Sorry for no communications today guys. I've been a bit under the weather. I'll try to get around to answering all questions and adding more lore pages tomorrow or Monday.

Cheers!

Everyone I know has been getting sick this season lol. Here's to a speedy recovery!

I wanted to try to gauge the potential of each race's willingness to truce if their gods hadn't told them anything about the demons, so I sorted all the playable races in a giant array of tabs. I don't have major suggestions written out on every race yet, but I wrote some in the Orcs and Naiads sections and added questions in Giants and Harosians.

I'll make it prettier and update it as lore and ideas are being covered but for now, it's just based on the playable races page. Let me know if I need to change or remove anything.

Edit - 01/15: The playable races page has had a major overhaul, so this post is currently outdated. I'll get around to updating notes today.

• - Humans
    - Populous
    - Diverse

Positive relations: Dwarves, Some Miithi tribes, Some Aerolian Tribes, Merfolk, Naiads, Uranus
    Negative relations: Orcs, Sirens, Succubi, Imps, Harosians (Heavy Nuisance)

Humans are humans.
    TBA

• For miscellaneous.

Last edited:
Phew.

Mornin' peeps!

I'm finally feeling better (and about to head to work) and will get to answering questions and responding to potential new lore and worldbuilding suggestions/submissions throughout the course of the day!

Cheers!

Hoyo!

Thanks for submitting ideas!

I'll summarize my responses (in bulk) to your submitted ideas here so I can cover multiple things at once.

• To summarize the relationship of each race:

Humans have positive relations with Dwarves, some Miithi and Aerolian tribes (though not all of their kind), Merfolk, Naiads, and the Uranus. They have negative relations with the Orks, Harosians, Sirens, Succubi, and Imps.

Elves have positive relations with only other Elves. I'm currently discussing more information on lore about them with Manic, but the long and short of it is that their arrogance has manifested in willful self-imposed isolation from the rest of humanoid society. Today, they have indifferent or negative relations with every other race.

Orcs have negative relations with basically everyone because of how battle and war-driven they are. The only race they have an even remotely friendly relationship with are the Goblins as they're related on the evolutionary line and, though very different in behavior, have a natural inclination to trust one another.

Dwarves have positive relations with humans, Merfolk, and the Uranus. Most other races the are indifferent to. The only races they have purely negative relations with are the Orcs, Goblins, and Elves.

Faeries have indifferent relations with the other races due to their reclusive and isolated nature in the deepest reaches of the forest. While many of the individual interactions between their people and other races have been negative, with the Faeries usually being chased/hunted or driven out of their homes by deforestation, they do not hold a universal dislike for any particular race. It's simply not in their nature to do so.

Nymphs have a positive relation with the Treants and Naiads, as they are beings who live as one with nature. They hold negative relations with the Orcs, and Harosians (as their tendency to consume livestock can also be focused on consuming forest dwelling animals in bulk which can temporarily depopulate entire sections of forest). Treants and Naiads also do not have truly negative relations or thoughts towards other races. However, they do both have some lingering distrust of humans, Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins as those are the races which deforest the most either in their quest to expand as a people, or, in the case of the Orcs and Goblins, it's a side-effect of always being in conflict with others and nature takes the L as a result.

Miithi have mostly neutral relations with other races as the typically keep to themselves and live in tribal/clan based societies and don't go out of their way to encounter or involve themselves in other race's business. They do, however, have a natural hatred of the Aerolians who look down on them (quite literally in most cases) for being earth-bound and inferior "cousins" of their kind. Speaking of, the Aerolians are similar in that they are mostly neutral to other races and keep to their own as much as possible in most cases.

Merfolk have positive relations with the humans, Dwarves, and Sirens (as they're fellow aquatic folk). They have mostly neutral relations to the other races as they keep to the water and never venture very far inland despite having bipedal forms when out of the water and fully dry. The Sirens, similarly, have mostly neutral relations with other races. However, they are universally distrusted due to the nature of how they feed and reproduce by sinking ships and feeding on the survivors.

Goblins and Orcs have negative relations with basically all other races as they are simply too far removed from typical humanoid societal behavior and laws to fit in or bond with them. If it's not outright negative, it's on the negative side of neutral.

Giants have neutral relations with all other races as they keep to their own and do not speak the modern tongue. Many races, such as humans, Elves, and Dwarves in particular, consider them animals more than humanoids despite their very human-like appearance.

Imps have neutral to negative relations with most other races because their inherent drive to be mischievous has failed to earn them any true friends or positive relations. But, if we can call it a positive, which is a bit of a stretch but as close as we'll get, their natural tendency for mischief does make the Goblins less likely to immediately attack or drive them away. Sometimes they will cause mischief together, and then part ways or start fighting when it's all over because they can never agree on who gets the spoils as they're both also inherently selfish races.

Succubi hold neutral relations with everyone except humans, as male humans are the chosen prey of Succubi. Thankfully, this predator-prey relationship is (usually) non-lethal to the humans (unless one particular human is targeted multiple times in sequence) as feeding is non-discriminatory (meaning they don't care what man it is so long as it's a man they can lure into solitude and feed in peace), and done so only once every few weeks for each individual Succubus.

Kobolds hold neutral to negative relations with all other races due to their inherent drive for thievery and deception. Because it's impossible to know whether or not you can trust a Kobold, few to none ever do.

Spriggans are neutral to most races and only hostile to those whom they can see or sense hold malice or ill-intent towards the forests they call "home." So long as you treat the forest with respect, they will leave you alone even if they cross your path. When you endanger the forest, you are an enemy and they will destroy you with extreme prejudice.

Harosians have neutral relations with most races except humans whom they hold a purely negative relation with. When your natural choice of prey are the cattle humans need to feed themselves, it's hard to have a positive relationship. The odd manner in which the all-male Harosians reproduce is also viewed as "disgusting" and/or "repulsive" to human society.

Shemians are neutral to every other race, as they live in seclusion and isolation.

Uranus hold positive relations with humans, Dwarves, Merfolk, Naiads, as well as some singular tribes/clans in the Miithi and Aerolian races. They hold negative relations with the Orcs, Goblins, Imps, and Kobolds.

Sylthii hold neutral relations to all races, as they are a nomadic clan/tribe based society with a focus on mercenary work. As such, they don't care who their clients are. If you've got coin, they like you until they get paid and go their own way afterwards.

Phew!

A'ight! Hopefully that answered questions and give you some peace of mind about some of the things you were concerned about!

I'm going to be completely overhauling the Races lore page to include a lot more info on each race which has been missing up until this point. That page was copy-pasted (sans the progress bars for magical potential) from a previous RP I tried which was very similar to this one, but hadn't been updated yet.

I'll be updating as I go throughout the day today, and I hope to have the whole page updated by tomorrow with fresh new info for y'all to consume and consider when doing character creation and/or more lore idea submissions!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

Last edited:
Hoyo peeps!

Due to illness and work I haven't been able to get quite as much done with the races page as I wanted. But I've managed to add some stuff to a few of the entries if you want to check it out. I've done my best to begin implementing the submitted ideas and suggestions of both ManicMuse ManicMuse and BananaMuffin BananaMuffin .

I'll continue working on providing more on the races. I have a doctor's appointment today so hopefully I'll get some more info on what's nagging me as well so I can get it taken care of.

Cheers!

I should to get to sit down and read things tonight.

First week with kids back to school and business in full swing has been crazy.

Hoyo!

Thanks for submitting ideas!

I'll summarize my responses (in bulk) to your submitted ideas here so I can cover multiple things at once.

• To summarize the relationship of each race:

Humans have positive relations with Dwarves, some Miithi and Aerolian tribes (though not all of their kind), Merfolk, Naiads, and the Uranus. They have negative relations with the Orks, Harosians, Sirens, Succubi, and Imps.

Elves have positive relations with only other Elves. I'm currently discussing more information on lore about them with Manic, but the long and short of it is that their arrogance has manifested in willful self-imposed isolation from the rest of humanoid society. Today, they have indifferent or negative relations with every other race.

Orcs have negative relations with basically everyone because of how battle and war-driven they are. The only race they have an even remotely friendly relationship with are the Goblins as they're related on the evolutionary line and, though very different in behavior, have a natural inclination to trust one another.

Dwarves have positive relations with humans, Merfolk, and the Uranus. Most other races the are indifferent to. The only races they have purely negative relations with are the Orcs, Goblins, and Elves.

Faeries have indifferent relations with the other races due to their reclusive and isolated nature in the deepest reaches of the forest. While many of the individual interactions between their people and other races have been negative, with the Faeries usually being chased/hunted or driven out of their homes by deforestation, they do not hold a universal dislike for any particular race. It's simply not in their nature to do so.

Nymphs have a positive relation with the Treants and Naiads, as they are beings who live as one with nature. They hold negative relations with the Orcs, and Harosians (as their tendency to consume livestock can also be focused on consuming forest dwelling animals in bulk which can temporarily depopulate entire sections of forest). Treants and Naiads also do not have truly negative relations or thoughts towards other races. However, they do both have some lingering distrust of humans, Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins as those are the races which deforest the most either in their quest to expand as a people, or, in the case of the Orcs and Goblins, it's a side-effect of always being in conflict with others and nature takes the L as a result.

Miithi have mostly neutral relations with other races as the typically keep to themselves and live in tribal/clan based societies and don't go out of their way to encounter or involve themselves in other race's business. They do, however, have a natural hatred of the Aerolians who look down on them (quite literally in most cases) for being earth-bound and inferior "cousins" of their kind. Speaking of, the Aerolians are similar in that they are mostly neutral to other races and keep to their own as much as possible in most cases.

Merfolk have positive relations with the humans, Dwarves, and Sirens (as they're fellow aquatic folk). They have mostly neutral relations to the other races as they keep to the water and never venture very far inland despite having bipedal forms when out of the water and fully dry. The Sirens, similarly, have mostly neutral relations with other races. However, they are universally distrusted due to the nature of how they feed and reproduce by sinking ships and feeding on the survivors.

Goblins and Orcs have negative relations with basically all other races as they are simply too far removed from typical humanoid societal behavior and laws to fit in or bond with them. If it's not outright negative, it's on the negative side of neutral.

Giants have neutral relations with all other races as they keep to their own and do not speak the modern tongue. Many races, such as humans, Elves, and Dwarves in particular, consider them animals more than humanoids despite their very human-like appearance.

Imps have neutral to negative relations with most other races because their inherent drive to be mischievous has failed to earn them any true friends or positive relations. But, if we can call it a positive, which is a bit of a stretch but as close as we'll get, their natural tendency for mischief does make the Goblins less likely to immediately attack or drive them away. Sometimes they will cause mischief together, and then part ways or start fighting when it's all over because they can never agree on who gets the spoils as they're both also inherently selfish races.

Succubi hold neutral relations with everyone except humans, as male humans are the chosen prey of Succubi. Thankfully, this predator-prey relationship is (usually) non-lethal to the humans (unless one particular human is targeted multiple times in sequence) as feeding is non-discriminatory (meaning they don't care what man it is so long as it's a man they can lure into solitude and feed in peace), and done so only once every few weeks for each individual Succubus.

Kobolds hold neutral to negative relations with all other races due to their inherent drive for thievery and deception. Because it's impossible to know whether or not you can trust a Kobold, few to none ever do.

Spriggans are neutral to most races and only hostile to those whom they can see or sense hold malice or ill-intent towards the forests they call "home." So long as you treat the forest with respect, they will leave you alone even if they cross your path. When you endanger the forest, you are an enemy and they will destroy you with extreme prejudice.

Harosians have neutral relations with most races except humans whom they hold a purely negative relation with. When your natural choice of prey are the cattle humans need to feed themselves, it's hard to have a positive relationship. The odd manner in which the all-male Harosians reproduce is also viewed as "disgusting" and/or "repulsive" to human society.

Shemians are neutral to every other race, as they live in seclusion and isolation.

Uranus hold positive relations with humans, Dwarves, Merfolk, Naiads, as well as some singular tribes/clans in the Miithi and Aerolian races. They hold negative relations with the Orcs, Goblins, Imps, and Kobolds.

Sylthii hold neutral relations to all races, as they are a nomadic clan/tribe based society with a focus on mercenary work. As such, they don't care who their clients are. If you've got coin, they like you until they get paid and go their own way afterwards.

Phew!

A'ight! Hopefully that answered questions and give you some peace of mind about some of the things you were concerned about!

I'm going to be completely overhauling the Races lore page to include a lot more info on each race which has been missing up until this point. That page was copy-pasted (sans the progress bars for magical potential) from a previous RP I tried which was very similar to this one, but hadn't been updated yet.

I'll be updating as I go throughout the day today, and I hope to have the whole page updated by tomorrow with fresh new info for y'all to consume and consider when doing character creation and/or more lore idea submissions!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

It's good to hear that the elf lore is getting expanded on! Considering how late it is here, I'll get around to reading what's up so far tomorrow. Thank you for your responses!

Have we discussed how diverse the dragons' responses to being asked for help might be? Based on clan, history, element etc?
I'm going through the content slowly.

Perhaps there would be one or two dragons we could learn about which might be more open to parlay, and quest to meet them?

Have we discussed how diverse the dragons' responses to being asked for help might be? Based on clan, history, element etc?
I'm going through the content slowly.

Perhaps there would be one or two dragons we could learn about which might be more open to parlay, and quest to meet them?

Hoyo!

Prior to the Dragon Wars there were several Dragon species which were docile and non-aggressive in general to humanoids. Following the wars, that all went to hell in a handbasket. And any peaceful relations the humanoids had with the Dragons has been thoroughly decimated.

As they reside on the central continent of the Dragon's Maw, and the ocean around it for miles is patrolled by vicious Dragons of the Sea, trying to single out any other species would require you to get to the continent's shores first.

Hence the current dilemma of the humanoids.

Hoyo!

Prior to the Dragon Wars there were several Dragon species which were docile and non-aggressive in general to humanoids. Following the wars, that all went to hell in a handbasket. And any peaceful relations the humanoids had with the Dragons has been thoroughly decimated.

As they reside on the central continent of the Dragon's Maw, and the ocean around it for miles is patrolled by vicious Dragons of the Sea, trying to single out any other species would require you to get to the continent's shores first.

Hence the current dilemma of the humanoids.
Sooo that's a no? The dragons' reactions are not diverse at all?

Sooo that's a no? The dragons' reactions are not diverse at all?

Right now? Sadly, no.

There's a universal hatred of humanoid kind after the Dragon Wars. While that hatred varies in intensity, there's zero trust to go off of.

Right now? Sadly, no.

There's a universal hatred of humanoid kind after the Dragon Wars. While that hatred varies in intensity, there's zero trust to go off of.
Good to get down. So, if we've got the other race relations sorted, is there anything else you want us to help brainstorm?

Good to get down. So, if we've got the other race relations sorted, is there anything else you want us to help brainstorm?

At the moment there are two things I still need help brainstorming.

First, magic. I have a fairly in-depth page for the magic arts up right now, but it still feels like it's lacking a lil' something. Fresh sets of eyes on the current setup, and some fresh ideas on how it could be further refined or defined in the RP world, such as what age folks are accepted into the schools, how long it takes to graduate, to how the graduated mages are looked at and responded to by the general populace would all be things I could use some input on. I do have ideas on all those, but I want outside opinions.

Second, worldbuilding. ManicMuse is submitting ideas as best they can. But they have a full IRL schedule and won't actually be participating in the RP. So, if you have ideas for worldbuilding such as locations of interest like ruins, ancient burial sites, hot-spots of Mana where the ley lines intersect causing changes in the environment making them stand out from the rest of the area around them, ancient battle sites, lost/forgotten cities/towns/villages, etc, I'm all for hearing your ideas and implementing them into the worldbuilding of the RP.

Cheers!

At the moment there are two things I still need help brainstorming.

First, magic. I have a fairly in-depth page for the magic arts up right now, but it still feels like it's lacking a lil' something. Fresh sets of eyes on the current setup, and some fresh ideas on how it could be further refined or defined in the RP world, such as what age folks are accepted into the schools, how long it takes to graduate, to how the graduated mages are looked at and responded to by the general populace would all be things I could use some input on. I do have ideas on all those, but I want outside opinions.

Second, worldbuilding. ManicMuse is submitting ideas as best they can. But they have a full IRL schedule and won't actually be participating in the RP. So, if you have ideas for worldbuilding such as locations of interest like ruins, ancient burial sites, hot-spots of Mana where the ley lines intersect causing changes in the environment making them stand out from the rest of the area around them, ancient battle sites, lost/forgotten cities/towns/villages, etc, I'm all for hearing your ideas and implementing them into the worldbuilding of the RP.

Cheers!
Oooo my specialty! Cool map locations. I'm on it.

See what you think about these :)

The Forest of flame

An entire forest surrounded by dunes of glass where the trees are made of a magic substance that is ever burning. They grow and die like other trees, and depending on the kind of tree, the flames burn in different colours. When cut the branches burn for a few hours. They are soft and spongey, and can be cut up and used in soup when they burn out to add a smokey flavour to foods.
There is a certain type of magic in the soil that made this forest grow and it cannot be found anywhere else in the world.

The crystal desert

A vast dessert where the sand grains are made of crystal. Large crystal shards poke out from the sands, tinted with every colour under the sun. Some are so large, that when the sun hits them, they spread their coloured shadows for miles and sometimes overlap, creating paths of rainbows to navigate by. Within this desert there is a canyon made of pure crystal where this effect is increased tenfold, and sometimes the colours are so blinding you need special eye protection or risk going blind.

Heavenward falls

A long, tall ravine where the water does not flow down, but up. The sides of the ravine are covered in great waterfalls that rise from deep wells in the earth and clear the top of the rock to fill a massive lake that surrounds the ravine on three sides. Some clever soul had build a mechanism at the end of the ravine to use the water to create a rising platform system that acts as an elevator to take people up to a floating town at the top. This merry little village is built on wood floats and trades in exotic lake fruits, freshwater pearls and woven lake reed baskets. There is also something called “snail silk”, a woven fabric made from the silk of a magical lake snail which is soft, strong and waterproof. Many people make parasols from it that keep them dry in the rain.

Cave of memory

Deep underground there is a deposit of magic that has seeped into the rock. Overtime the weaker limestone has eroded away, creating a network of smooth-walled tunnels that, when spoken against, keep the sounds like a library, echoing them about the caves for all time. Special, magical, listening shells can be used to collect individual sounds and play them back into your ear. It can be a chore to find the voice you are looking for, but there are records here that go back even before the schism between humanoids and dragons.

 About your magic system. I understand that your race practically determines your strength, but what determines your class? Are you born more naturally gifted with water over fire for example? Can you chose to focus on warding instead?

The Forest of flame

An entire forest surrounded by dunes of glass where the trees are made of a magic substance that is ever burning. They grow and die like other trees, and depending on the kind of tree, the flames burn in different colours. When cut the branches burn for a few hours. They are soft and spongey, and can be cut up and used in soup when they burn out to add a smokey flavour to foods.
There is a certain type of magic in the soil that made this forest grow and it cannot be found anywhere else in the world.

The crystal desert

A vast dessert where the sand grains are made of crystal. Large crystal shards poke out from the sands, tinted with every colour under the sun. Some are so large, that when the sun hits them, they spread their coloured shadows for miles and sometimes overlap, creating paths of rainbows to navigate by. Within this desert there is a canyon made of pure crystal where this effect is increased tenfold, and sometimes the colours are so blinding you need special eye protection or risk going blind.

Heavenward falls

A long, tall ravine where the water does not flow down, but up. The sides of the ravine are covered in great waterfalls that rise from deep wells in the earth and clear the top of the rock to fill a massive lake that surrounds the ravine on three sides. Some clever soul had build a mechanism at the end of the ravine to use the water to create a rising platform system that acts as an elevator to take people up to a floating town at the top. This merry little village is built on wood floats and trades in exotic lake fruits, freshwater pearls and woven lake reed baskets. There is also something called “snail silk”, a woven fabric made from the silk of a magical lake snail which is soft, strong and waterproof. Many people make parasols from it that keep them dry in the rain.

Cave of memory

Deep underground there is a deposit of magic that has seeped into the rock. Overtime the weaker limestone has eroded away, creating a network of smooth-walled tunnels that, when spoken against, keep the sounds like a library, echoing them about the caves for all time. Special, magical, listening shells can be used to collect individual sounds and play them back into your ear. It can be a chore to find the voice you are looking for, but there are records here that go back even before the schism between humanoids and dragons.

Hoyo Silver! I'll give this a thorough read through in the morning (it's almost 1am for me as I write this and my ability to focus is non-existent ^^;)

 About your magic system. I understand that your race practically determines your strength, but what determines your class? Are you born more naturally gifted with water over fire for example? Can you chose to focus on warding instead?

Good question. Everyone is born with a single affinity for a particular magical practice. That affinity cannot be changed. If you're born a Fire Mage, for example, you'll die a Fire Mage. There is no learning or practicing other arts. You're stuck with what you're born with.

As for "class," Mages don't really have classes in this world. Mages are mages. You're either a magic-capable individual, or you aren't. And there's no hierarchy between the two. A non-magical King is just as influential and important as a Magical King, and the same applies all the way down the social hierarchy in most cases.

I like keeping things simple.

If you have any ideas for how a class system could be implemented then please do share it with me and I'll consider it. I need to go to bed now. But in the morning I'll have more time to read through ideas and see about making them part of the RP!

Cheers!

The Forest of flame

The crystal desert

Heavenward falls

Cave of memory

Hoyo!

Sorry for the delay. I've been battling a respiratory infection and it knocked me on my butt for a while.

Anywhoosle, time to get to the nitty gritty of the locations you've presented me with!

• This is an interesting concept. However, its current form is a bit outside the realm of this RP's magic system. So, to remedy that, I have a potential compromise!

Mana is the source of all magic. And, unfortunately, it's not an eternal power source. So the "eternal" burning nature of the trees has to go. However, the idea that they burn could either be a seasonal thing, or perhaps a phenomenon which is very rare and both a tourist attraction as well as a major area of study for magical scholars eager to understand said phenomenon.

For example: Let's say that the forest lies at a major Mana Ley Line crossroads where there's at least 3-4 Ley Lines overlapping each other. Because of this overalp there is a tremendous amount of mana in the region which has saturated the soil that the trees grow in, thereby infusing them with Mana which allows them to be reactive to other potential magical forces or phenomenon. Though rare, storms which come through the region sometimes carry Mana charges which causes the Mana stored in the trees to react in a way which mimics a flame (but is not actually Fire). Though often short-lived, this reaction is incredibly beautiful and, if one ventures too close, potentially dangerous.

How about this idea?

Hoyo!

Sorry for the delay. I've been battling a respiratory infection and it knocked me on my butt for a while.

Anywhoosle, time to get to the nitty gritty of the locations you've presented me with!

• This is an interesting concept. However, its current form is a bit outside the realm of this RP's magic system. So, to remedy that, I have a potential compromise!

Mana is the source of all magic. And, unfortunately, it's not an eternal power source. So the "eternal" burning nature of the trees has to go. However, the idea that they burn could either be a seasonal thing, or perhaps a phenomenon which is very rare and both a tourist attraction as well as a major area of study for magical scholars eager to understand said phenomenon.

For example: Let's say that the forest lies at a major Mana Ley Line crossroads where there's at least 3-4 Ley Lines overlapping each other. Because of this overalp there is a tremendous amount of mana in the region which has saturated the soil that the trees grow in, thereby infusing them with Mana which allows them to be reactive to other potential magical forces or phenomenon. Though rare, storms which come through the region sometimes carry Mana charges which causes the Mana stored in the trees to react in a way which mimics a flame (but is not actually Fire). Though often short-lived, this reaction is incredibly beautiful and, if one ventures too close, potentially dangerous.

How about this idea?
Oh yes to all, I'm not particularly attached to any of these ideas, and if you want to change stuff to have them explained by your lore more easily then have at it. You can add to, subtract from or change any one of these.

Hello! This all looks very interesting! I'll get around to questions and suggestions after I catch up on everything in this thread! There's alot to read it seems.

Edit: It actually seems like there's too much to read on my break. I'll return to this after work.

Last edited:
So, in regards to magic, are things pretty locked down there? Where would things like invisibility, disguise, voice changing, physical alterations, enchantments, etc fall? Would these still technically be doable through the channel of magic more closely aligning with them? Or would they be impossible to accomplish?

These are just examples. I guess I mainly mean the magic that doesn't seem to fit into the categories you've listed. Where would they go?

So, in regards to magic, are things pretty locked down there? Where would things like invisibility, disguise, voice changing, physical alterations, enchantments, etc fall? Would these still technically be doable through the channel of magic more closely aligning with them? Or would they be impossible to accomplish?

These are just examples. I guess I mainly mean the magic that doesn't seem to fit into the categories you've listed. Where would they go?

Hoyo!

Magic is pretty locked down.

Invisibility, in the literal sense, is impossible. Illusion magic can sort of mimic it by tricking the target's brain into thinking you're not there. But that's about as close as it gets.

Disguise is only physical. What you wear, if you alter your voice, makeup, etc. There's no magic that will change how you look, though.

Voice changing is only what you can actually do to your own voice. There's no magic for it.

No physical alterations either. Just what you wear and any makeup or other disguise elements you can scrounge up for yourself.

No enchantments outside of runes embedded in weapons, armor, or trinkets/jewelry etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back