Sibamun

HnkShiva

Star of benevolence
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Basic roleplay tips for newbies!】

1: Make your account

2: Choose your favorite fandom —
Nobody is stopping you from being creative with a canon muse or oc do whatever you want.

3: Have fun thinking up a writing tag to make yourself known. as who you are.

4: Get creative with editing your content and layout

5: Have fun!

#Sibamun

Last edited:
Just a quick thing that I thought would be helpful cause you didn’t really clarify whether you intended this as a twitter-only thing or not: The BBcode Center on this site has a lot of formats for this site that people made for others to use. Individual threads there will have different rules for if/how you can use them (most require you to keep the credit in the code), but the point is that it won’t be considered thievery to use templates in the BBcode center so long as they’re designated for other people to use, nor will most people consider you unoriginal for it (though, depending on the person, they may dislike the use of BBcode at all, especially if the code you’re using doesn’t work well on all devices or is otherwise difficult to read).

I assume layouts on twitter are similar to BBcoding here (though I’ve never had a twitter so please do correct me if I’m wrong), so this seemed like an important thing to clear up with you.

Hope you enjoy RpNation!

Just a quick thing that I thought would be helpful cause you didn’t really clarify whether you intended this as a twitter-only thing or not: The BBcode Center on this site has a lot of formats for this site that people made for others to use. Individual threads there will have different rules for if/how you can use them (most require you to keep the credit in the code), but the point is that it won’t be considered thievery to use templates in the BBcode center so long as they’re designated for other people to use, nor will most people consider you unoriginal for it (though, depending on the person, they may dislike the use of BBcode at all, especially if the code you’re using doesn’t work well on all devices or is otherwise difficult to read).

I assume layouts on twitter are similar to BBcoding here (though I’ve never had a twitter so please do correct me if I’m wrong), so this seemed like an important thing to clear up with you.

Hope you enjoy RpNation!
i’m definitely going to go through it and add more context for writers here too

I appreciate the effort of putting together a post advising newcomers about basic role play etiquette. But some of your points could use some revision because they're either misleading, or flat out incorrect.

3: Please try to Make your own edits of a layout because stealing and copying is bad .
and it counts as impersonation of someone’s identity/

Stealing is bad, yes. However, creating a layout based on someone else's is neither stealing, nor a form of identity theft.

A layout is a visual (and sometimes functional) method of organizing content which utilizes publicly available text and formatting assets such as BBCode.

As such, they are not recognized or qualifying forms of "human authorship," or "creative works," and are therefore not protected by any form of copyright legislation. Therefore, nobody can "own" them. It's also not a form of identity because there is no "identity" in a layout.

Once a layout is posted in a public space they're fair game for anyone to copy and use as they see fit.

Having said that, is it in good taste and proper role playing etiquette to credit the original layout creator by giving them a shoutout if you know who it is? Absolutely. Is it generally frowned upon to not give the original owner, or whoever inspired you to use it if it wasn't the original owner, a shoutout? Absolutely. But is it in any way "stealing" or theft of their "identity" to not give them a shoutout? No.

4: Think up a writing tag to identify yourself as. Admin mun is usually at the & of every name tag. Again people have been known to steal tags so make up your own identity~!

Tags are also not forms of authorship or creative works which can be "stolen," nor are they a form of identity for the one using them.

Tags are merely labels used to identify the setting, core characters, lore, or other elements within the RP you are attaching them to.

For example, if you're doing a Dragon Ball Z RP you might use tags like "Dragon Ball," "Saiyan," "Frost Demon," "Majin," "Ki Blast," "Goku," "Vegeta," etc.

If you're doing a Pokemon RP you might use tags like "Pokemon," "Pocket Monsters," "Poke Ball," "Fandom," "Ash," "Pikachu," etc.

There's no originality with tags. So there's no reason to worry about being a thief. Tags are just labels. Anyone can use whatever tags they want as freely as they want.

5: Stealing layouts in the rp verse is a big no-no because it will loses its credibility & originality ..)

Again, there's no "stealing" of layouts because they're not protected forms of authorship or creative works.

Also, "credibility" only exists when something or someone is seeking validation. Layouts are not seeking validation. They're just an organizational tool for the user to create a specific look and feel for the content they want to share. Credibility is not a factor.

That's about it!

In general it's a good rule of thumb when posting instructional content to double check that your information is accurate. I recognize the good intentions behind this post. But good intentions left to the whims of personal opinion can mislead and misinform the intended audience if one isn't careful.

Hopefully this was helpful!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back