• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

Effervescent said:
I'm more concerned with if my content from extra tabs will be lost. I'm assuming you guys will take current content and essentially copy/paste it somewhere else in the new format? I am assuming this is the case, but you know what they say about those who assume! Haha
Ah yeah, I gotcha about assuming! I want to clarify, I'm not staff =P. I've just had a Hosted Project before and had to manually move over the original RP, so I understand where these questions are coming from.

What you say, is what I believe they will do. I'm sure the staff won't lose your stuff! ( :P ).

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]Ah yeah, I gotcha about assuming! I want to clarify, I'm not staff =P. I've just had a Hosted Project before and had to manually move over the original RP, so I understand where these questions are coming from.
What you say, is what I believe they will do. I'm sure the staff won't lose your stuff! ( :P ).

[/QUOTE]
So we move each of the tabs into it's own thread right? If that's how it works, then I'm all set for the transfer.

I'm also wondering what happens if there is a part that a person accidently misses while transferring. How long will the original be up?

(This is both for you, and the actual staff)

Eldecrok said:
So we move each of the tabs into it's own thread right? If that's how it works, then I'm all set for the transfer.
I'm also wondering what happens if there is a part that a person accidently misses while transferring. How long will the original be up?

(This is both for you, and the actual staff)
From what I know, with this site, nothing is deleted, so the Original thread will most likely go the site's Archive. That's here: Site Archive

If you find something mis-transferred, you can check for your old RP and move what's incorrect over yourself.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]Ah yeah, I gotcha about assuming! I want to clarify, I'm not staff =P. I've just had a Hosted Project before and had to manually move over the original RP, so I understand where these questions are coming from.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was part of the subforums back when they had them but not the hosted projects. I never had to transfer anything though. Just in case, I have everything saved.

Effervescent said:
Concerning existing roleplays:
As existing roleplays are transferred, what happens to the content that is in current added tabs like "Lore" or "Mechanics," etc.? I get that we can request more "sections," but does that mean we lose all the content from current extra tabs? Will we need to manually save and transfer that added content for when our roleplays move into the new format? I would like to plan ahead so that I don't lose content.
All tabs actually are are threads. They're created when you add a tab to a roleplay (whether it's automated or manual) and then linked by a staff member - hence tab requests.

I don't believe anything's going to be deleted - it should just be sitting in Fantasy Extra Pages or whatever, like it normally would.

If you link us to the main game and tell us what tabs you had (when the time comes we'll tell you guys how to reach out to us), we should just be able to reattach them with the new system. The only people this is going to make work for is the staff.

I don't know if this would be a question that will go here, but would the new system include a group tagging? (such as the one which tags all moderators right now/)

Effervescent said:
I'm more concerned with if my content from extra tabs will be lost. I'm assuming you guys will take current content and essentially copy/paste it somewhere else in the new format? I am assuming this is the case, but you know what they say about those who assume! Haha
Content is never going to get lost, you can stick it where ever you want in your new RP structure. You can make up to 5 total forums with out staff help (its a tool in the new RP system).

I went and looked at the picture again and I'm wondering... what function will the "Comments" section serve beneath the listed forums in the picture? Would that be the OOC or is there some other intended purpose for it? Also, does anything else show up in the "Activity Feed" besides a "Comments" section?

Edit: Also, I notice there's a function that says "Edit Collab Menu". Might I inquire as to that's function? It couldn't possibly be something that makes collaborative posts possible on site, could it?

Last edited by a moderator:
DaughterofAthena said:
I went and looked at the picture again and I'm wondering... what function will the "Comments" section serve beneath the listed forums in the picture? Would that be the OOC or is there some other intended purpose for it? Also, does anything else show up in the "Activity Feed" besides a "Comments" section?
Edit: Also, I notice there's a function that says "Edit Collab Menu". Might I inquire as to that's function? It couldn't possibly be something that makes collaborative posts possible on site, could it?
No more spoilers from Wizard for now :P !

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]No more spoilers from Wizard for now :P !

[/QUOTE]
I can't help but feel like knowing the intended function of a "Comments" section wouldn't be much of a spoiler...

Last edited by a moderator:
@The Dark Wizard do y'all have any plans for the sort of date this is going to roll out? as in, is it worth starting a new rp between now and the update or am i just going to make it harder for myself by being a few days less patient than i should have been?

Twixt said:
@The Dark Wizard do y'all have any plans for the sort of date this is going to roll out? as in, is it worth starting a new rp between now and the update or am i just going to make it harder for myself by being a few days less patient than i should have been?
The update is sometime before 2017, ideally.

Honestly, though, all the update is going to require GMs to do is post in roleplay support. It's not going to be hard on the user end. :P

all righty then. just got some weird phobia with sudden transitions, but if that's all it takes then i guess it doesn't matter.

Twixt said:
all righty then. just got some weird phobia with sudden transitions, but if that's all it takes then i guess it doesn't matter.
It's all good! I'm sure you guys will enjoy the update~

Yunn said:
I don't know if this would be a question that will go here, but would the new system include a group tagging? (such as the one which tags all moderators right now/)
I haven't seen this question answered but I am curious about the same thing.

This is amazing! You guys have really outdone yourselves. However I'm curious as to when this will be implemented. Can you give a rough estimate on how long it'll be before this new system is ready or is it still up in the air?

Crosswire said:
This is amazing! You guys have really outdone yourselves. However I'm curious as to when this will be implemented. Can you give a rough estimate on how long it'll be before this new system is ready or is it still up in the air?
Before 2017 ;)

mn1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back