RP Idea - Reality Show/Competition

blueeyess

i can't lose you too
Hi,

I just wanted to get opinions on an RP idea for something similar to a reality show or television competition - think I'm A Celebrity, Big Brother, Bad Girls Club etc. but in a role play format. The characters are the contestants/stars - obviously - and from there I'm just trying to decide whether they'd be set challenges to complete to find a winner and loser in the teams or individually. Or whether it would simply be following the interactions and confrontations between team mates/competitors. I'd like people's opinions on what they'd be more interested in for that, would daily challenges or trials interest you to weed out the weaker contestants? Or would it be more of a social show, how these people cope with one another, that would interest you?

Obviously, characters would be voted off like most reality shows. I thought that would work best through the characters voting for another character, all votes would be private messaged to me and I'd tally them up. Votes would have to come with reasoning, e.g. why did character A vote for character B - to then make sure users aren't simply voting for an RPer they may not get on with.

I'd love to hear what people think, it's the early stages of the idea and I'm interested in knowing if a role play like this would draw people in.

Thanks!

Hm. How interesting.

I think that this is a good idea, of course it has to be done properly like any roleplay to work but I do definitely think it's a step away from the norm. While I'm not that much into gameshows (Though I will watch the occasional crazy japanese gameshow) I do like the idea that characters can get voted off, that makes a lot of tension and suspense.

If you want to do it I'd say go for it!

Thank you, I'll flesh the idea out a bit more and give it a shot :) Thank you for sending a reply!

If you have netflix, check out The Quest. It's a fantasy based reality show and it was a lot of fun. It might give you ideas on what you could do, although interpreting it into an RP is going to be the hard part. You might have to have a dice system for skills. If you set a challenge that requires them to do X then it might require them to toss a dice to see how well their character does.

Xylin said:
If you have netflix, check out The Quest. It's a fantasy based reality show and it was a lot of fun. It might give you ideas on what you could do, although interpreting it into an RP is going to be the hard part. You might have to have a dice system for skills. If you set a challenge that requires them to do X then it might require them to toss a dice to see how well their character does.
I will check it out! Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to work out the kinks before I post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back