• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Royal engagement (casual RP)(Ignore post counts/always open)

See, if they do wish it to be a setting with magic, I can of course help set up a magic system that have all those details. But if they think they want to do a setting without magic, I wish to give them that choice too. These things will mainly decided by the two main characters, not just everyone.

But if you wish to do something more specific, I can set up another post for that too.

Ah okay. I... don't actually want to play a magic user I just wanted to know how it works, haha.

What do you think of a guardsman/bodyguard as a role, would that fit, do you think?

Ah okay. I... don't actually want to play a magic user I just wanted to know how it works, haha.

What do you think of a guardsman/bodyguard as a role, would that fit, do you think?

I think it will, but you have to wait for the main characters for more details.

Maybe the princess could be someone who's relatively tired and weak willed yet unromantic and cold in a sense? 

Could I be in a family of Royal magicians? As in, maybe it could be fun to be a princess who could do some sorts of magic, if that's alright. If not, then that's still fine, haha.

Maybe the princess could be someone who's relatively tired and weak willed yet unromantic and cold in a sense? 

Could I be in a family of Royal magicians? As in, maybe it could be fun to be a princess who could do some sorts of magic, if that's alright. If not, then that's still fine, haha.

This is decided by tha main character, so of course =) There will be magic then.

I... kinda already called that role. Do you have any back ups? We can discuss this in PMs too if you prefer.

Sorry, didn't catch that! I suppose we could be rival captains, would your prefer being one for the princess it pince? You decide as you called it first.

Also, as a backup, I could be a kingsguard sort of member or the king if one of them should their already not be a king.

@RainbowBeaver I would be happy for you to play your thief role with the prince!

@Osthavula Of course you can play his sister, did you have a personality or role in mind for her?

Okay, so I'm still playing with what I would like the prince to be like personality-wise, but it may be fun for the prince to have a very different personality to the princess.

I'm picturing him as being very keen on the finer things in life, and having the opinion that bigger is always better. I can see him being a fan of parties, people, and luxuries, but not being a fighter and much to his father's disdain, even refuses to take part in royal hunts. The prince shows very little interest in ruling and his education. He is the eldest and therefore the heir to the throne, but his father does not believe him to be a suitable leader. He has a younger sister, and a brother who is everything he is not- strong, sensible, responsible, and a mirror image of his father (perhaps someone could play the brother role, or I could do it as well). 

It comes as a surprise to everyone when the King announces his son's betrothal and ulterior motives are suspected, especially due to the choice of princess and the kingdom that she is from (or something, just ideas, feel free to change anything!).

I think political tension, possibly building into war eventually would be interesting.

@RainbowBeaver I would be happy for you to play your thief role with the prince!

@Osthavula Of course you can play his sister, did you have a personality or role in mind for her?

Okay, so I'm still playing with what I would like the prince to be like personality-wise, but it may be fun for the prince to have a very different personality to the princess.

I'm picturing him as being very keen on the finer things in life, and having the opinion that bigger is always better. I can see him being a fan of parties, people, and luxuries, but not being a fighter and much to his father's disdain, even refuses to take part in royal hunts. The prince shows very little interest in ruling and his education. He is the eldest and therefore the heir to the throne, but his father does not believe him to be a suitable leader. He has a younger sister, and a brother who is everything he is not- strong, sensible, responsible, and a mirror image of his father (perhaps someone could play the brother role, or I could do it as well). 

It comes as a surprise to everyone when the King announces his son's betrothal and ulterior motives are suspected, especially due to the choice of princess and the kingdom that she is from (or something, just ideas, feel free to change anything!).

I think political tension, possibly building into war eventually would be interesting.

Cool, perhaps I could play that role. Maybe after the marriage, the king dies and the brother tried to usurp the throne?

Yeah, I think something along those lines could work. Maybe the two kingdoms (the prince and princess's) had had a long past of conflict and most of the court did not agree with the marriage and advised against it, but the king's choice overruled theirs. The king would justify it by claiming it would strengthen the kingdoms relations, despite the past. Perhaps the king had hoped that the marriage would mean a mistrust in his son by the people, and a decision would be called for in choosing a better suited king.

Then the king passes suddenly, unexplained, causing questions around his sons new marriage (was the prince, or his princess and her people involved in the death?) and his suitability to rule.

Of course, everything is up for discussion, and just ideas at this point!

I was thinking of an elder sister actually. Someone who has the conflict of being the elderly and more proper act as royal, but was denied the right as she was a princess and cannot be the heir. Someone who is careful and reserved, and like how everyone taught her she stayed away from politics. She actually cared for her brothers, so she hid the resentment she felt and was desparately hiding it. That was why she speak very few words with the family, besides formality, and only tell her maids to send gifts and regards if someone is ill or need help.

She behaved well in all the class a royal needed to take, even in horse-riding and swords class that she requested. But she is still best in all the classes regarding manners and arts, and magic (We might need a magic system now, it should be a different branch with the princess).

Perhaps she behaved more actively in trouble times, and started interacting with her family more?

@Osthavula Oh yeah sorry! For some reason I assumed a younger sister. That sounds good to me, I like the idea of having an older sister better actually, and her having the inner conflict of being the proper princess she is expected to be, but at the same time dealing with her younger brothers who are in line for the throne, skipping right over her. 

I was thinking of an elder sister actually. Someone who has the conflict of being the elderly and more proper act as royal, but was denied the right as she was a princess and cannot be the heir. Someone who is careful and reserved, and like how everyone taught her she stayed away from politics. She actually cared for her brothers, so she hid the resentment she felt and was desparately hiding it. That was why she speak very few words with the family, besides formality, and only tell her maids to send gifts and regards if someone is ill or need help.

She behaved well in all the class a royal needed to take, even in horse-riding and swords class that she requested. But she is still best in all the classes regarding manners and arts, and magic (We might need a magic system now, it should be a different branch with the princess).

Perhaps she behaved more actively in trouble times, and started interacting with her family more?

That could work. And the brother(s) could be there to help her or take the throne for themselves. As for the princess's side, perhaps the marriage was a desperate attempt to fight back an invading enemy?

That could work. And the brother(s) could be there to help her or take the throne for themselves. As for the princess's side, perhaps the marriage was a desperate attempt to fight back an invading enemy?

That's for the princess to decide.

But I think my characer (the elder sister) would feel very disheartened and blame herself if the younger brother decided to take the throne for himself. She would think that it was partly because she distanced herself, that she neglected her brothers.

So I was thinking, for the magic, it perhaps was unique to people who went through studies and need years of training. So, only nobles who studied under the few magus got hold of the majority of magic. It was perhaps also because some royalties of the previous generations wished to hold the power among the higher level people.

In lower class, craftmanships were more common, and only one kingdom has the advanced machinery skills. (This place can be a mention on the side)

I think we can make the two main kingdoms with different characteristics, like what people mainly survive on, their view on things like magic and machinery, even weapons. They can be situated on different geography location, so people's perspective would be different as well.. What do you think?

Also do I only interact with the prince ? Trying to bring him down to earth, or being his sidekick ? I could be silly and the prince tells me to shut up? That kind of friends but not really relationship? I'll steal and help plot nefarious things with him.

But I think my characer (the elder sister) would feel very disheartened and blame herself if the younger brother decided to take the throne for himself. She would think that it was partly because she distanced herself, that she neglected her brothers.

Would she blame herself for the brother's differences and not being able to help them resolve it? Or for something else?

So I was thinking, for the magic, it perhaps was unique to people who went through studies and need years of training. So, only nobles who studied under the few magus got hold of the majority of magic. It was perhaps also because some royalties of the previous generations wished to hold the power among the higher level people.

In lower class, craftmanships were more common, and only one kingdom has the advanced machinery skills. (This place can be a mention on the side)

I think we can make the two main kingdoms with different characteristics, like what people mainly survive on, their view on things like magic and machinery, even weapons. They can be situated on different geography location, so people's perspective would be different as well.. What do you think?

I think this all sounds good, maybe their are some small strains of magic ability left in the lower classes however, passed down through generations but kept hidden. I like the idea of the prince's kingdom having magic use made exclusive for royalty. Perhaps anyone who is not a part of the royal family, or given special allowance by the king himself, is prosecuted and dealt with accordingly. Maybe this strictness originated from some old civil war or uprising which involved deadly, dark, magic being used by commonfolk. I can see this kingdom being quite war, or military, orientated which only worsens implications the prince's distaste towards anything which will get him dirty.

Also do I only interact with the prince ? Trying to bring him down to earth, or being his sidekick ? I could be silly and the prince tells me to shut up? That kind of friends but not really relationship? I'll steal and help plot nefarious things with him.

I think it is up to you, who you decide to reveal your character to, but I like the sound of your character so far! They could start out a just a mischievous, yet relatively harmless thief, but as the story goes on and things possibly get darker, the theif could end up getting caught up in the royal politics through the prince or do things that cause serious trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is up to you, who you decide to reveal your character to, but I like the sound of your character so far! He could start out a just a mischievous, yet relatively harmless thief, but as the story goes on and things possibly get darker, he could end up getting caught up in the royal politics through the prince or do things that cause serious trouble.

Helping the Prince pull off his schemes, later on, he turns on me and I get blamed ! Oh man! I have my head on the chopping block and DIE....but the schemes continue. Proving it wasnt just the lowly theif. I will reveal myself sometimes, as i still am kind , my character will leave presents when someones sad! Haha . cute.

If my characters going to die, I'd like secret Interactions so I don't interfere to much. I'm like a side, side character.

Would she blame herself for the brother's differences and not being able to help them resolve it? Or for something else?

I think this all sounds good, maybe their are some small strains of magic ability left in the lower classes however, passed down through generations but kept hidden. I like the idea of the prince's kingdom having magic use made exclusive for royalty. Perhaps anyone who is not a part of the royal family, or given special allowance by the king himself, is prosecuted and dealt with accordingly. Maybe this strictness originated from some old civil war or uprising which involved deadly, dark, magic being used by commonfolk. I can see this kingdom being quite war, or military, orientated which only worsens implications the prince's distaste towards anything which will get him dirty.

Perhaps they were all friendly when they were young, but after she distanced herself, she either did not noticed how her brothers changed or did not help despite observing some hints of change. She ran away from the role of sister, even though she wished them well.

What I wanted to say is that magic is a rare practice, the former kings (could be two three generations before) executed the magical ones and only kept a few who are loyal to them. There could be a serious war like you said, but for now I think even though the rules of clearing any wizards among the common folk was removed, the price of magic and the tomes were still made expensive and unaffordable. This was an attempt to perhaps calm the people who were either displeased of the control of magic or was once a relative of the magus. (This could lead to potential threat, revolution group etc, or it can take the other direction where one character decided to make it availuable for common folks, perhaps later in the RP)

But yes I would imagine the kingdom was military orientated. From what we decided how the family would work this felt like the case.

Okay yeah, that seems like a good idea then since it has the potential to go in a lot of directions later on, as you said. So do all the royals in the prince's kingdom learn some form of magic or just a selected few? 

Another question, how should we set out our characters bios?

Okay yeah, that seems like a good idea then since it has the potential to go in a lot of directions later on, as you said. So do all the royals in the prince's kingdom learn some form of magic or just a selected few? 

I was going to wait until everything we need to put on bio is settled. So after the princess's kingdom, side characters is decided I should give all of you a bio sheet.

Waht should we name the kingdom XD I'm bad at this.

Just telling you that we need to decided on the kingdom's background, and perhaps a bit more about the character.

I... kinda already called that role. Do you have any back ups? We can discuss this in PMs too if you prefer.

So have you decided on the guard role then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back