• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewater Execution Firm

Due to indecisiveness, I am stuck on picking an affinity. And I, after much deliberation, have a query about the sonic affinity. The word has two definitions, "relating to or using sound waves.", and "denoting or having a speed equal to that of sound.".

So, that brings the query, Is the sonic affinity a sound affinity, a speed affinity, or is it to be interpreted.

The definition I intended was originally for "relating to or using sound waves" since I had forgotten about the second definition of the word at the time I made the character sheet template. However, if you can make a solid argument for a having a power based in the latter definition I may be willing to let you have it as long it's not too overpowered.

I finished my character. I accidentally deleted all of the rank stuff, so I had to remember and remake it, which made it take much longer than I wanted it to.

I've set up and (for now) completed the Lore tab. It will be updated as the RP progresses. Also, we'll be beginning at some point tomorrow (12:30 am EST where I live) since I have class in the morning and some other stuff to do. I look forward to RPing with all of you!

CoreyXIX said:
I've set up and (for now) completed the Lore tab. It will be updated as the RP progresses. Also, we'll be beginning at some point tomorrow (12:30 am EST where I live) since I have class in the morning and some other stuff to do. I look forward to RPing with all of you!
Neato! I work pretty late tomorrow, so I won't be able to reply for several hours. My reply should come in at about 8:30 est. I am on the pacific coast, and I get home at about 5. (I added 30 minutes to account deviation and post writing time.)

Side Note: I decided to bump my character's age up from 19 to 26. (Approximately when the brain finishes development, and people are typically out of college by then. Since my character is about intelligence and being composed.)

CalamariHero said:
Neato! I work pretty late tomorrow, so I won't be able to reply for several hours. My reply should come in at about 8:30 est. I am on the pacific coast, and I get home at about 5. (I added 30 minutes to account deviation and post writing time.)
Side Note: I decided to bump my character's age up from 19 to 26. (Approximately when the brain finishes development, and people are typically out of college by then. Since my character is about intelligence and being composed.)
That's fine. I generally consider character sheet changeable until the RP begins. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey there, I'm actually interested in joining up and am in the process of filling out a character sheet now. I do have one question, though, how loosely are we able to take the elements we choose our powers from? As in, I have a rather specific character concept in mind, yet none of the elements are close enough to what I'm looking for to make them viable. However, if I could perhaps use water to mean "fluids" or similar, I might be able to pull it off. Just wanted to get your take on this before I went about mucking your system up. :3 Many regards, hopefully I'll be joining this very soon.

Stickdom said:
Hey there, I'm actually interested in joining up and am in the process of filling out a character sheet now. I do have one question, though, how loosely are we able to take the elements we choose our powers from? As in, I have a rather specific character concept in mind, yet none of the elements are close enough to what I'm looking for to make them viable. However, if I could perhaps use water to mean "fluids" or similar, I might be able to pull it off. Just wanted to get your take on this before I went about mucking your system up. :3 Many regards, hopefully I'll be joining this very soon.
I would be able to better assist if I knew what you had in mind. Overall I prefer players keep somewhat close to their element, but I am allowing for some leeway (one character with the fire element has an ability at a later tier that can make things into magma, for instance). Could I have a little more information please?

CoreyXIX said:
I would be able to better assist if I knew what you had in mind. Overall I prefer players keep somewhat close to their element, but I am allowing for some leeway (one character with the fire element has an ability at a later tier that can make things into magma, for instance). Could I have a little more information please?
Well, I had originally had in mind to create a "Paranormal Investigator" style character, and their powers would revolve around seeing and calling up the spirits they found in everyday objects. I understand that such a line of abilities leads to the inevitable "ripping souls out of enemies for instant kills"-type of play, but I hate to power-play, it's simply no fun. So, I assure you that I would do my very best to balance the ranking of abilities to match up with the power levels of the other players, subject to your approval, of course.

EDIT: I can see that this is a bit of a stretch to label under a certain element, and that's alright. I have other ideas for characters as well, this one just stuck out the most to me. I have several other concepts I can play around with too, if you decide to simply say that this is outside the boundaries for your setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stickdom said:
Well, I had originally had in mind to create a "Paranormal Investigator" style character, and their powers would revolve around seeing and calling up the spirits they found in everyday objects. I understand that such a line of abilities leads to the inevitable "ripping souls out of enemies for instant kills"-type of play, but I hate to power-play, it's simply no fun. So, I assure you that I would do my very best to balance the ranking of abilities to match up with the power levels of the other players, subject to your approval, of course.
I'm not too terribly worried about the whole "ripping souls out of enemies for on hit kills" since such a power would basically be nothing but senseless suicide with how Evil energy corrupts body and soul, quickly turning whoever would do it into a Puppet! As much as I like the idea I'm not seeing much a way to make something so specific work like that with the elemental-based system I'm using. But I am willing to at least try to help you make something close to your original idea if you wish. The closest idea I can come up with is maybe being able to use relevant element to summon creatures made of the element or even some creatures associated with said element.

CoreyXIX said:
I'm not too terribly worried about the whole "ripping souls out of enemies for on hit kills" since such a power would basically be nothing but senseless suicide with how Evil energy corrupts body and soul, quickly turning whoever would do it into a Puppet! As much as I like the idea I'm not seeing much a way to make something so specific work like that with the elemental-based system I'm using. But I am willing to at least try to help you make something close to your original idea if you wish. The closest idea I can come up with is maybe being able to use relevant element to summon creatures made of the element or even some creatures associated with said element.
Thanks, but I think I'll just pass on the idea, maybe save it for another RP or something. I have plenty of good characters lined up, so that's no big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CoreyXIX So, that took a while, I kinda got carried away writing it all out xD Anyways, lemme know if that's enough or if there's still something missing you want me to add in. I did assume that that "Evil" that manifested itself as demon creatures from hell are unknown to the general public, so I decided to go the safe route and put in a failsafe for the incident. If I'm not lining up with your lore or setting, just lemme know how you want it to throw down and I'll edit it as soon as I can :D

Stickdom said:
@CoreyXIX So, that took a while, I kinda got carried away writing it all out xD Anyways, lemme know if that's enough or if there's still something missing you want me to add in. I did assume that that "Evil" that manifested itself as demon creatures from hell are unknown to the general public, so I decided to go the safe route and put in a failsafe for the incident. If I'm not lining up with your lore or setting, just lemme know how you want it to throw down and I'll edit it as soon as I can :D
Well you're pretty close on that one. The majority of large-scale events that occur by Evil forces are either covered up or attributed to other things. Rumors do persist and the occasional thing does get out, hence why the Firm sometimes takes public contracts (think kind of like nowadays how people claim sighting of paranormal creatures.) Nothing needs to be changed in it, everything is fine :D

I'm assuming we're now at liberty to post as we wish once we're accepted? I didn't know if you were going to give us a starting gun OOC or if you already did that when you put out your first post.

Stickdom said:
I'm assuming we're now at liberty to post as we wish once we're accepted? I didn't know if you were going to give us a starting gun OOC or if you already did that when you put out your first post.
Once you're accepted you're in. Sorry if my mention of not posting until accepted wasn't quite clear in that regard.

@CoreyXIX Would you prefer that we quote the posts we are responding to? I typically just tag whoever is in the vicinity of my character when I post, but if you'd rather we quoted the previous post, I'm okay with that as well :)

Stickdom said:
@CoreyXIX Would you prefer that we quote the posts we are responding to? I typically just tag whoever is in the vicinity of my character when I post, but if you'd rather we quoted the previous post, I'm okay with that as well :)
I have no preference either way, as long the people who are supposed to know do know you can either tag or quote (or even both)!

Response posted! :D I hope I didn't overdo it with Veronica's showcasing, I had originally had her pulling out practically her own arsenal and laying them on Mr. Rosewater's desk, but i though that would be a little too much for the first day, so I toned it down. She can always pick up some new toys later on xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back