• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day - Build a nation using TEAMWORK!

Shabazz

I have an interesting idea for how to run a nation building rp. All the members are in charge of running one aspect of a country, whether it's The House (Ruling Class), The Military, The Academy (Science), The Church, or The People. This means that to do things everyone is working as a TEAM (More or less).

For example, if The Military wants better weapons you need to make sure The Academy has researched Iron Weapons and you need to go through The House to get funding for these weapons and maybe coerce The People into paying more taxes to obtain said funding. You see? It's all linked.

The setting I'd like to try is around 200 BC, or maybe even before that. The main plot of this role play would be just the day-to-day struggles of raising an empire to become extremely powerful (Hence the name). Dealing with homelessness, unemployment, crime and revolution. All that and more!

Sure. It doesn't have to be Rome of course, it could be some made up Empire if you want. But the general time period is that of the Roman Empire

Just be civilized :P Act like a human being, be rational and most importantly show good interaction with others who are going to be your "team"
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel What faction would you like to represent? Cuz I think you're the first one who showed interest.
Also I'd need some help choosing whether this is going to be fantasy or realistic.

Alright, but wouldn't it make things more interesting if we had mutiple people in each of the aspects? Like the ruling family has my character's wife and some other nobels, the military has the head's underlings, the church has its numerous priets and the people are just the people. Oh, and the acedemy would have numerous lesser scientists

Alright, but wouldn't it make things more interesting if we had multiple people in each of the aspects? Like the ruling family has my character's wife and some other nobles, the military has the head's underlings, the church has its numerous priests and the people are just the people. Oh, and the academy would have numerous lesser scientists
Great idea, I'm all for it if we could get enough people. I think we could let these relationships develop organically, add some strategy and what not. Yes, everyone is supposedly working to develop the nation, but there could be some rivalries. ;)

Hmmm, I see this is shaping up to be a sort of turn based game. While I am fine with that, I was under the impression there would be more RP, this is just a suggestion, but would it be possible to eliminate the turn based gameplay and instead have it so you control NPCs and other events and we react to them? Of course, dice rolls or the like could be used to determine results of events, but I would prefer not to have to rely on the government to build up the economy, and train troops before I can use them. That seems too difficult to implement.

I was just sort of trying to build a framework for the beginning situation, you know? Couldn't just start you off with nothing, I mean I could, but I don't want to.

I was just sort of trying to build a framework for the beginning situation, you know? Couldn't just start you off with nothing, I mean I could, but I don't want to.
That's true, it's off to a great start, now we just have to wait for the others to post CS. :)

We literally have Infinite Space. Orenj just go to the OOC and fill out one of the three Character Profiles. Just a heads up, if you choose to be part of the ruling class you should just make your character an Oligarch or something, just cuz we already have a ruler. Unless you two want to do a Senate thing and rule side by side...

We literally have Infinite Space. Orenj just go to the OOC and fill out one of the three Character Profiles. Just a heads up, if you choose to be part of the ruling class you should just make your character an Oligarch or something, just cuz we already have a ruler. Unless you two want to do a Senate thing and rule side by side...
Also we already have two military, so it would be best to choose maybe the Church or People, since they have no one signed up yet. Ruling class and Science each has one other person so far.

I'll be controlling the people, don't worry about that. As for The Church, lemme know if you want to do that cuz I haven't really thought about it yet.

I'll be controlling the people, don't worry about that. As for The Church, lemme know if you want to do that cuz I haven't really thought about it yet.
Instead of The Church, I think we could have different factions of religion each centering on a certain Roman god or goddess. Since you mentioned there would be fantasy involved, we can have it so that the factions have influence on what goes around around them. For example, followers of Neptune would have lots of influence over naval matters and such. Alternatively, we could just have 3 main factions of Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto (also maybe Mars?) which had enormous influence and we as RPs would try to gain their favor. Unless, we can find two more people to each represent a faction they would all be controlled by you.

I'm interested, but I have a question: is Romulus supposed to be a republic or a monarchy? It's called a 'Kingdom' but the way the House is described makes it sound a lot like a senate. A republic would probably make more sense if multiple people are going to be part of the ruling class since there would be elections for the consulship.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back