• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Romance -- One Spot Remaining (mother character)

Danoram

probaly...
Calico Van'solan, since his move to Sunderlee, has developed a rather intimidating reputation as a proclaimed shareholder to the billion-dollar, life-insurance company: PTP Insurance Inc., brought there by the death of his best friend seven years ago. A letter appeared at Calico's unmarked address--being that he dabbles in illegal affairs on the underneath of things--informing him of this tragedy, and in that letter was a last request that called for Calico to care for his friend's daughter. Thus, he appeared in Sunderlee out of thin air and adopted the twelve-year-old girl as his sister.

In today's affairs, Calico drops his sister off at school in the mornings where she attends class with a guy who has grabbed her attention by way of being in every class together, yet they've never spoken. This guy works part-time at a gas station beside PTPII, where his mother is looking to apply as a secretary. For now, she's unemployed, and this is the story of how they're all brought together through a series of unfortunate and fortunate events.

Characters:

Calico Danoram Danoram
Calico's Adopted Sister VelvetKiss VelvetKiss

Sister's Classmate Redfork2000 Redfork2000
His Mother Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar

Pairings:

Calico x Mother Character
Sister Character x Classmate

Last edited:
Basically, seven years ago, Calico received a letter informing him of his friend--whose daughter was twelve--having passed away due to unknown causes (for now).

This friend requested in his will, knowing he'd die, that Calico takes responsibility for his daughter since he knew she'd be alone, as she never had a mother for unknown causes (for now).

This daughter was then adopted by Calico as his sister, and she is now eighteen going on nineteen.

She goes to school with a kid who is living with his single mother, both of them struggling with poverty, and wants to talk to him because they broke the narrow odds of anyone ever attending all classes together and she finds it interesting.

He works part-time at a gas station beside PTP Insurance Inc. and his mother is looking to apply there as a secretary since her last job was pulled out from under her.

So if Calico's adopted sister is currently 18-19 years old, that means that her classmate would be the same age, right? if so, I think I could play the role of the classmate.

I'll be heading to bed for now--up early tomorrow morning to check for that last member, then I'll have up the skeleton.

Name
Occupation (If they have one)
Height
Eyes
Hair
Physique
Complexion
Personality (Bulletins are an option but do include likes and dislikes)
Backstory (Can come as we go because this takes time to develop)

* Redfork2000 Redfork2000 If you want your character to work something other than a gas station, you may change that as you please. It can be anything that makes sense, lol. Whatever it may be, just consider it beside PTPII (Pay the Price Insurance Inc.)
* VelvetKiss VelvetKiss If you would like for your character to have a job, go ahead. Also, you can change her reason for interest in Redfork2000 Redfork2000 's character if you feel it doesn't suit your character. Just keep in mind that Calico is wealthy so she wouldn't need one, but he would encourage her independence.
* Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar If you would like for there to be an obstacle romantic interest, like an ex-husband who creates some drama, then that is allowed :)

I will have the character sheet thread up after work, so just leave your sheets in your Workshops for now :)

By the way, a few questions:

-Does my character have to be a single child, or could I perhaps add in a young sibling as well, one that my character has assumed a parent role towards to support his mother?

-Could there be some other classmate characters that could act as side characters? Perhaps someone who is friends with Calico's adoptive sister, or perhaps someone else who is friends with my main character. Even some rival characters to either of them would work great in my opinion. Or perhaps even some character who wants to date her, but she's not interested in him. There's many possibilities to add some characters that would keep everything interesting.

-How lighthearted or serious will the plot be? That determines a lot on how I create my characters.

-How about having my character work at a fast food restaurant? I could also create a side character who is my character's boss, and there could even be one character who is my character's co-worker.

By the way, a few questions:

-Does my character have to be a single child, or could I perhaps add in a young sibling as well, one that my character has assumed a parent role towards to support his mother?

-Could there be some other classmate characters that could act as side characters? Perhaps someone who is friends with Calico's adoptive sister, or perhaps someone else who is friends with my main character. Even some rival characters to either of them would work great in my opinion. Or perhaps even some character who wants to date her, but she's not interested in him. There's many possibilities to add some characters that would keep everything interesting.

-How lighthearted or serious will the plot be? That determines a lot on how I create my characters.

-How about having my character work at a fast food restaurant? I could also create a side character who is my character's boss, and there could even be one character who is my character's co-worker.
Things like side-character are of free will so long as their role is discussed! I think adding a sibling for your character would be great as long as Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar , the mother's writer, also agrees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back