• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Roman-Britain rp? (possible alt. history route)

Count_Rossdorf

Unlucky Member
Hi, everyone. I've read over the rules, and I think I'm doing things by the book, but forgive me if I've messed up. I've been roleplaying for about five years now. I'm not used to group RPs, which is why I'm using this subforum right now to just find partners, maybe one, or at most two people to play with first, since that's my usual environment. I'm very versatile and can play multiple characters, and I'd appreciate that in a partner, but it isn't a dealbreaker. I'd also prefer it if you were 18 years or older, not because of anything erotic, but I'm just cautious of talking to minors on the internet, especially if it's long term, I know how things can be interpreted, etc. and it's just an area I'd prefer not to meddle with, I hope you understand. I'm twenty-four, by the way.

Anyhow, I was thinking the setting would be this: Roman-era Britain, about the year 350 CE, give or take, just a couple of years before the reign of the pagan revivalist, emperor Julian the Apostate. I had this idea, based very, very loosely on concepts from H.P. Lovecraft's short stories "The Descendant," and "The Rats in the Walls." My character would be a mixed Romano-British cryptopagan in early Christian era Londinium, possibly involved in some hereditary cult. I'm open to adding occult/paranormal elements, if you like. I don't mind if your character is male or female, a friend, a colleague, a spouse/lover, a priest, a cultist, a rival, anything really, we can discuss our respective characters (or repertoire of characters, if you like the idea) and their dynamic with each other if you like. I'm very open to where this goes, it could be realistic there could be paranormal/mystery elements, even alternate history and/or intergenerational elements, maybe even lead up to some breakaway alternate Celto-Latin pagan Britain or something, I'm not sure, world-building is always fun to me. You don't need to be an expert in history, I mean, I appreciate some very basic knowledge of the time and place, but I'm not some historical purist, especially if we allow for fantasy or alternate history elements.

But anyway, yeah, please PM me if you're interested, I'm quite flexible and would love to hammer out details and a story with you.

Interested! Or at least would love to talk plot ideas with youu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back