• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Roll to Dodge

Probored

Hi! I'm probored And I was wondering if anyone was up for a game of Roll to Dodge? I'm completely new to this site and am really interested in alternate forms of rollplay (leaning more into the meta aspect than into the immersive). So anybody up for a game?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roll to dodge

Original concept and rules by Mouse

/// slightly modified by Probored

Roll to Dodge is a fun game where you play with a group of (6) people. Think Dungeons and Dragons in a sense. You will be placed in a certain scenario, and you (may) be given a certain objective. Now here's the catch, for nearly every action you make, a die will determine the outcome.

The numbers on the six sided die are marked as such...

1) Epic fail

2) Kinda fail

3) Kinda success

4) Success

5) Perfect success

6) Overshot

For example:

Jack wants to jump over a wooden fence.

I roll a die and it lands 4. Since a 4 represents normal success, nothing too bad nor too good happens, you just complete your action.

Thus, Jack jumps over a wooden fence.

Let's say Jack rolled a 1. The outcome would be much different now.

Jack tries to jump the wooden fence, but trips over his shoelace and smashes his face through it, breaking his nose.

Now what if he rolled a 6?

Jack runs as fast as he can to gain the momentum he needs to jump the fence. The momentum is so great that he jumps the fence, but keeps gaining altitude from his jump and doesn't seem to stop. Jack literally jumps across the entire world and lands right back where he started, behind the wooden fence.

I'm sure you can get what the rest of the numbers represent.

Rules!

-This is based on a first come first served basis

-If you did not make it in time, I can still add you to the waiting list

-I would like to keep this game moving at a good pace, so you will have 3 days max to take your turn. The turn starts then anyways without your character doing any action.

-If you have a legitimate excuse for an absence, then your spot will be frozen until you come back.

This game will use the declare system. You declare your move, then when everyone's move has been declared, they are all taken, the die is rolled, and results are decided.

-I will not post results of the actions until everyone has taken their turn

I will only count the first action you post. If you post multiple actions (Jump the fence, then punch the guy in the face), then I will only roll on the "Jump the fence" action.

-There will be some exceptions to this rule

-Other minor actions may be used with your major action (look around, talk, ect)

-Talking to NPCs or players will not be effected by the die

You may post almost any action you desire

-If you want to attempt to harness the power to fly or spontaneuosly grow a third arm, you can do so.

-You may not god-mod and ruin the fun for everyone, however.

You may kill or be killed by players or your actions

-Be weary of what you do, if you attempt to kill another player early in the game and fail, the results can have devastating results

-Attempting to do something stupid can lead to a very funny death

Certain events can affect your next roll

-If you do something with perfect success there may be a chance your roll, or everyone's roll, can be increased by +X amount, or be predetermined

-The same can be applied if you have an epic failure, only your roll will have -X amount

-If a certain action has an effectiveness on a body part, then any action requiring that body part will be effected (Jack's arms are broken, -3 to any action used by his arms)

-The same can have positive attributes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Players:

1. NANANANANANANANANANA (Gareth Yorth)

2. Lunaria Silver (Kiara)

3. Charlie12520 (Harrison Clarke)

4. BartekStu (Christopher McManus)

5. TrippyVirus (Rich McWester)

6. Dreamtique (Lux)

7. Coatboy (Sibyl)

8. Tiagirl001 (Luna Willasmith)

ugnQA3A.png

Gareth Yorth

HP: 80

MP: 78

Alive

Hand on Fire (+1 Dice modifier on damage each turn until the fire gets put out)

Inventory:

Rock

Phone

Ceramic garden gnome

Kiara

HP: 77

MP: 85

Alive

Inventory:

Phone

Harrison Clarke

HP: 99

MP: 100

Alive

Inventory:

--

Christopher McManus

HP: 91

Alive

Inventory:

Rock

Phone

Rich McWester

HP: 100

Alive

Inventory:

Rock x3

Phone x2

Lux

HP: 79

Alive

Inventory:

Rock

Phone

Sybil

HP: 100

Alive

Inventory:

Rock

Phone

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Post

Roll to Dodge

Turn 0.5

0rCLTaJ.png

Nanananananananana has appeared.
This post will be reserved to featuring all the turns.

Turn 0.5 and still Turn 0.5 added together

Turn 0.5 and still Turn 0.5 added together

aY1njVt.png

Gareth Yorth has appeared

Lunaria Silver has appeared
Turn 1

Turn 1

this site's dice is confusing as heck to format though, I'll just use random.org's dice

Gareth Yorth

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

Level 6 Mana spell: Summon Satan.

dice2.png
dice2.png
dice3.png
dice6.png
dice2.png
dice5.png

"Who dares? Who dares summon the great and powerful Satan in the middle of a gardening session?!"

The devil himself appears and you seem to have angered it.

"You shall feel my wrath!"

With a flick of his wrist, the devil punishes you with a devastating attack! The world of Roll to Dodge no longer has access to any internet connection. That means Gareth no longer has access to social media, youtube and *gasp* RPNation? Oh the horror!

You managed to summon an all-powerful enemy and lose a potential information source. On the first turn. Nice job doofus.

-Devil has appeared

HP: 100 MP: 100

-Gareth Yorth has lost 20 MP

-Roll to Dodge no longer has access to the internet and anything downloadable from it.

Kiara

dice2.png
-FAIL

You couldn't find anything additional this time around from looking around the room, you just see what everyone can see

-A blue chest

-A blue chest

-A hole in the wall

-A door

-the..oh, you know...Devil.

uwbPFRV.png

I'll update the first post so everyone can see their stats
Turn 2

Turn 2

Kiara

dice1.png
-EPIC FAILURE

Not only does Satan deny your request but he throws you away with his gardening hoe. Satan dosn't like snivelling babies. Looks like you're going to have to find a way to defeat or banish him.

Lvl 5 damage: Satan's hoe slice and toss funhouse

dice6.png
dice4.png
dice4.png
dice3.png
dice6.png

Kiara has lost 23 HP

Gareth Yorth

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

"Hello! And welcome to Satan Incorporated. What would you like to do today?" the person at the other end of the line answers

"Yes I would like to cancel my contract with this phone company." Gareth says

"One second please. Done. Have a nice day!"

Gareth switches over to the Santa Incorporated phone company. His new contract with this one includes free wireless wifi. What luck! Looks like they included Kiara's service provider as well. This phone company loves giving away gifts.

The world of Roll to Dodge now has access to an internet connection.

jI9sIE9.png
Turn 3

Turn 3

Gareth Yorth

dice2.png
-FAIL

You get on your knees and beg. However the devil is way too pissed to accept your pleas. He just isn't having any of that "Please spare me satan!"

Kiara

dice5.png
-PERFECT SUCCESS

Level 6 Spell: Summon fluffly ball of terror/cuddles

dice3.png
dice1.png
dice4.png
dice1.png
dice3.png
dice3.png

Not only do you summon a cat, it's a kitten! It's too adorable however! Watch out! Too late, Satan got trapped in its adorableness.

NJXmqsN.png

L2xo8MB.png

yfJXy1i.png

-Kiara is weirded out by Satan

-Kiara lost 15 MP

-Kitten has appeared

Harrison Clarke

dice3.png
-KINDA SUCCESS

You go to one of the boxes and open it, expecting to find treasure. Inside is...another cat? An angry one too! It swipes at you with its Box-Axe and you barely dodge it time.

-Surprise Box Cat has appeared:

HP: 25 MP: 0

Devil Satan

Action: Grab the adorable creature and run away before the owner gets you!

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

"The ball of fluffy goodness is now all mine!"

Satan grabs the kitten and teleports out of there so he can play with it. You finally got rid of Satan. You faced the devil and survived! The world of Roll to Dodge has no harder perils for you to face.

...Right? ...Something tells you this was probably one of the easiest fights you'll get...

-Satan has left

-Kitten has left

k7Wbe79.png
Turn 4

Turn 4

Kiara

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

You throw the rock at the Surprise Box Cat. Surprise Box Cat catches it with his Box-Axe and plays a balancing game with it on the cheek of the axe. -----

-Surprise Box Cat is happy. He warms up to Kiara but isn't a party member yet.

-Kiara loses Rock

Gareth Yorth

dice2.png
-FAIL

You attempt to look inside the hole, but it's too dark to see anything. You're going to need to shine some light inside the hole if you want to see anything.

Harrison Clarke

dice2.png
-FAIL

Just like Kiara, you throw a rock toward Surprise Box Cat. However, unlike Kiara, the purpose of this rock was to hurt instead of play. Luckily it misses, I'm sure you don't want to get in between someone and her cat... Crisis averted!

-Harrison loses Rock

upload_2016-7-1_19-14-24-png.308868
Turn 5

Turn 5

Things have just gotten interesting. We are now confronted with an Conflict of Action

Harrison, Christopher & Rich

As Harrison stepped forward to retrieve the stones, Rich leapt forward. Christopher however has stood his ground and is directly in between the two men and the stones. We arrive at a conflict of action; who will get the rocks?

DypN4yk.png

Conflict of Actions use cards from a deck, and arise when two actions made by at least two players cannot coexist together. The highest value card wins!

Harrison Christopher Rich

22.png
37.png
16.png

Rich managed to trip Harrison and push Christopher away, making him stumble unto the wall.

Level 2 Damage: Get pushed and stumble into wall

dice6.png
dice3.png

-Christopher has lost 9 HP

Level 1 Damage: Get tripped

dice1.png

-Harrison has lost 1 HP

Will Rich still be able to get a successful roll?

dice5.png
-PERFECT SUCCESS

Not only did you manage to snag the rocks, you managed to pocket Harrison's phone as well!

-Harrison has lost Phone

-Rich has gained Phone

-Rich has gained Rock x2

Kiara

dice6.png
-OVERSHOOT

The cat LOVES your hand! However, you petted him too well. After you're done, you try to remove your hand, but the cat starts hissing at you. You continue to stroke his fur in order to appease him. Your hand starts getting really tired but you are too scared to stop petting in case the Surprise Box Cat attacks you. This is normal cat behavior though so he might be close to joining your party.

Gareth

dice1.png
-EPIC FAIL

As you try to make a luminence spell, you realize that you messed it up. Your hand is now on fire. You wince and cry from the pain, but still hold on bravely. The fire will augment in damage each turn by 1 dice roll, so at a relatively low level of fire damage, now might be the time to use your hand to see inside?

Level 1 Spell: Fire hand

dice2.png

Level 2 Damage: Fire hand

dice3.png
dice5.png

-Gareth has lost 8 HP

-Gareth has lost 2 MP

XjaHk9a.png
Turn 6

Turn 6

Rich McWester

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

You go over to the door and examine it. You see plenty of options for opening it.

wDaApF6.png

-You could potentially break through the wood head on. You'll get splinters and won't be able to harvest any of the planks.

-You could try to break the lock. You won't be able to harvest the door handle

-You can try breaking thr door hinges. You won't be able to harvest them but you would be able to use the door as protection if any monsters are on the other side of the door

-You can even try to-

Lux

dice3.png
-KINDA SUCCESS

Dangit Lux! Rich was on a roll! He was finding out all sorts of ways to defeat the door and you? What do you do? You take a running start, try to kick, trip, fall headfirst into the door like a cartoon character! I mean you did manage to destroy the door so there's a plus but owww.

Level 6 Damage: Always wear a helmet

dice3.png
dice6.png
dice1.png
dice1.png
dice4.png
dice6.png

-Lux lost 21 HP

Christopher

dice3.png
-KINDA SUCCESS

Unfortunately you can't open the Blue Chest. It requires a Door Handle as a key.

Harrison

dice5.png
-PERFECT SUCCESS

Not only does the cat welcome your hand, he even relaxes a little. our action helped the taming process so much. Kiara now has a +1/-1 on her next roll.

Gareth

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

As you poke your hand inside the hole in the wall (thank god you don't have trypophobia), you see ceramic garden gnome. You reach out and take it

xqC1ftP.png

-Gareth has aquired a Ceramic Garden Gnome

Level 3 Damage: Hand on fire

dice4.png
dice6.png
dice2.png

-Gareth has lost 12 HP

Kiara

dice2.png
+1 modifier KINDA SUCCESS

Because you got pretty tired, the cat is not going to be tamed this turn. However, you grab the cat by the scruff of its neck. It makes a nice purring sound and goes limb adorably. You snuggle the cat as it climbs out of its box. It really likes you! Maybe its time to ask it to join your party?

wdPjLyN.png

still Turn 0.5

aY1njVt.png

Lunaria Silver has appeared

Guys, post an action please

Gareth Yorth decided to fix his internet THAT IS LITERALLY NOT MOVING AT ALL.I MEAN GOD DAMN THIS INTERNET IS HORRIBLE.WHY DID I PAY FOR THIS.

Gareth Yorth after randomly spouting that sentence all of a sudden decided to summon Satan to destroy said Internet,

Turn 1

this site's dice is confusing as heck to format though, I'll just use random.org's dice

Gareth Yorth

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

Level 6 Mana spell: Summon Satan.

dice2.png
dice2.png
dice3.png
dice6.png
dice2.png
dice5.png

"Who dares? Who dares summon the great and powerful Satan in the middle of a gardening session?!"

The devil himself appears and you seem to have angered it.

"You shall feel my wrath!"

With a flick of his wrist, the devil punishes you with a devastating attack! The world of Roll to Dodge no longer has access to any internet connection. That means Gareth no longer has access to social media, youtube and *gasp* RPNation? Oh the horror!

You managed to summon an all-powerful enemy and lose a potential information source. On the first turn. Nice job doofus.

-Devil has appeared

HP: 100 MP: 100

-Gareth Yorth has lost 20 MP

-Roll to Dodge no longer has access to the internet and anything downloadable from it.

Kiara

dice2.png
-FAIL

You couldn't find anything additional this time around from looking around the room, you just see what everyone can see

-A blue chest

-A blue chest

-A hole in the wall

-A door

-the..oh, you know...Devil.

uwbPFRV.png

I'll update the first post so everyone can see their stats

Kiara decides to try and appeal to Satan. "My Lord Satan please return the internet!"

[dice]24101[/dice]

Kiara acknowledged him with a slight nod in his direction. As she was pleading with Satan, she assumed that she shouldn't speak to others.

Turn 2

Kiara

dice1.png
-EPIC FAILURE

Not only does Satan deny your request but he throws you away with his gardening hoe. Satan dosn't like snivelling babies. Looks like you're going to have to find a way to defeat or banish him.

Lvl 5 damage: Satan's hoe slice and toss funhouse

dice6.png
dice4.png
dice4.png
dice3.png
dice6.png

Kiara has lost 23 HP

Gareth Yorth

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

"Hello! And welcome to Satan Incorporated. What would you like to do today?" the person at the other end of the line answers

"Yes I would like to cancel my contract with this phone company." Gareth says

"One second please. Done. Have a nice day!"

Gareth switches over to the Santa Incorporated phone company. His new contract with this one includes free wireless wifi. What luck! Looks like they included Kiara's service provider as well. This phone company loves giving away gifts.

The world of Roll to Dodge now has access to an internet connection.

jI9sIE9.png

"Wait lady!Let me persuade Satan to help.I do business with him quite often."

Gareth turns to Satan:

"Oh mighty Lord Satan,have you forgotten about your old friend Garreth?I need your assistance.If you kill us right now,you'll only have two new souls to party with in hell but if you arm us,then we can establish a conga line of souls for you."

Gareth attempts to persuade Satan to help arm.

"Oh,sorry la..I mean Kiara," he apologised pitifully "but are you summoning a cat?"Gareth inquired.

Harrison takes a blank look throughout the room and sees the satan devil guy and the two people around him. It sparked his interest, but not as much as the closed chests that lay beside him.

He'll talk to them later, and the devil guy can wait. He ran towards a chest, and attempted to fling it open.

Garreth saw a guy materialising out of thin air.He didn't question that however.Materialising people doesn't seem weird in this world.What really was weird was that he immediately jumped into one of the chests.

"Hey,you don't want to help with us.This is Satan and he can whoop are asses if we don't do something.

Turn 3

Gareth Yorth

dice2.png
-FAIL

You get on your knees and beg. However the devil is way too pissed to accept your pleas. He just isn't having any of that "Please spare me satan!"

Kiara

dice5.png
-PERFECT SUCCESS

Level 6 Spell: Summon fluffly ball of terror/cuddles

dice3.png
dice1.png
dice4.png
dice1.png
dice3.png
dice3.png

Not only do you summon a cat, it's a kitten! It's too adorable however! Watch out! Too late, Satan got trapped in its adorableness.

NJXmqsN.png

L2xo8MB.png

yfJXy1i.png

-Kiara is weirded out by Satan

-Kiara lost 15 MP

-Kitten has appeared

Harrison Clarke

dice3.png
-KINDA SUCCESS

You go to one of the boxes and open it, expecting to find treasure. Inside is...another cat? An angry one too! It swipes at you with its Box-Axe and you barely dodge it time.

-Surprise Box Cat has appeared:

HP: 25 MP: 0

Devil Satan

Action: Grab the adorable creature and run away before the owner gets you!

dice4.png
-SUCCESS

"The ball of fluffy goodness is now all mine!"

Satan grabs the kitten and teleports out of there so he can play with it. You finally got rid of Satan. You faced the devil and survived! The world of Roll to Dodge has no harder perils for you to face.

...Right? ...Something tells you this was probably one of the easiest fights you'll get...

-Satan has left

-Kitten has left

k7Wbe79.png

OoC: Should I make the main picture with everyone on it a bit bigger next time?

And I think I'm going to stop using the Out of Character tab whenever I want to post something out of character, it's just confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back