• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Roleplay Please?

XXSilence

Standardized tests tomorrow- kill me now, please!
I'm just looking to start something fun, and to create an interesting story. Hopefully we can have fun with it. I'm open to several things, so don't be afraid to ask!

Thank you
-XXSilence

I have an idea for a roleplay based on remixing an old, kind of trashy magical girl anime from a couple years back and making it work. Let me know if you're interested!

I have an idea for a roleplay based on remixing an old, kind of trashy magical girl anime from a couple years back and making it work. Let me know if you're interested!
Sure, I guess. May I ask which "kind of trashy magical girl" anime this is? :)

It was a grimdark madoka clone where the girls went to a special school and fought monsters that were originally humans and killing them also kills the human they were made from. Also they used the school's magic to erase all trace of that person's memory from existence afterwards. It was based around a tarot theme and dealt with themes of coping with loss, albeit superficially.

Also there was a bad guy who handed out the things to make the monsters by granting people's wishes. It was filled with unnecessary blood and darkness it hadn't earned, and it felt like a wasted opportunity, as the first three episodes did show some promise. Ultimately it devolved into a hot mess where the theme was carried out, but the plot and character arcs didn't quite pan out and only the main character had a decent arc.

I feel like if I take the theme of coping with loss and trying to figure out things about the people turned into monsters to stop it from happening, create more fleshed out characters, and make it more of a character driven fantasy-noir type of deal, I can make it work. Any thoughts?

Neat! If XXSilence agrees, it could be fun. ^^

I have some ideas to apply to characters and such. I know in the show the main turned out to be at least partially one of those monsters and in danger of turning into one. It gave her the power to speak to them.

The reasoning behind this was very stupid, but it could be a fun thing to explore. Like, the main character needs to constantly regulate her powers and emotions or she becomes a monster.

I would be willing to role-play with you ! Did you ave any ideas? :D

Start with puella magi and add something to the end. Maybe like orignal story

Sounds cool! I'll be on for the next 30-50 minutes, which isn't too long, but what're you gonna do?

I figure I'll start a thread in the character section with the name we agreed on, and from their we could work on some characters. Sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back