Roleplay Pet Peeves

That is my response to godmodders. People who try to bend reality or free their characters from any kind of consequence. My response is essentially yeah I made this world so if I say your character doesn't have XXX power than they don't. If you [ the other person ] can't except that than you can leave.

truesies. the same can be said about firearms trained characters in a Zombie Apocalypse or heroes whom were designed specifically to counter another hero in PVP. here is another Pet Peeve of mine, Witch Hunters; not the concept of Witch Hunters, but rather, Roleplayers who play Witch Hunters as a Power Grab in Fantasy Universes. these guys are usually humans with Selective immunity to whatever magic they don't want to be affected by, and are generally immortal and extremely old, and they usually carry a specialized small armory of weapons designed to hunt a wide variety magical creatures. "Your fireball doesn't hurt me because i have a cold iron ring on my wedding ring finger" or "My sword is cold iron, prepare to die you little faerie". they love cold iron and silver, has a seemingly endless supply of weapons, and despite being "Human", they perform superhuman feats without supernatural aid.  some even go as far as to have magical tattoos that aren't truly "Magical" or use a form of Magic that "Doesn't count as magic." you know, considering how much knowledge about magic these witch hunters have, you would think they are wizard academy dropouts.

"i'm a Witch Hunter, i hunt supernatural beings, but have completely not supernatural abilities that do the exact same thing as their supernatural counterparts. i can light a fire without a match, and it isn't magic, i swear. i swear i can lock souls inside stones without necromancy."

me: "essentially, your character is a Magus in Denial."

Witch Hunter: "Don't call my character a Magus. that is an insult to his/her culture of Witch Hunting"

me: "Antimagic requires magic. Gunpowder Requires Sulfur, how can anyone tell your Witch hunter apart from another Witch?"

Witch Hunter: "i have this Badass Cold Iron Sword, this Automatic Crossbow that Fires Cold Iron Quarrels, a Flour Sack Loaded with Salt, some blue runic tattoos that protect me against magic, and i always carry a dozen or more weapons for fighting supernaturals"

me: "those Tattoos sound like magic."

Witch Hunter: "they are not magic, they are Runic"

me: "Runes are still magic."

Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png
 omg that made me laugh out loud. 

"i'm a Witch Hunter, i hunt supernatural beings, but have completely not supernatural abilities that do the exact same thing as their supernatural counterparts. i can light a fire without a match, and it isn't magic, i swear. i swear i can lock souls inside stones without necromancy."

Lol, I've never RPd with a "witchhunter" before.

truesies. the same can be said about firearms trained characters in a Zombie Apocalypse or heroes whom were designed specifically to counter another hero in PVP. here is another Pet Peeve of mine, Witch Hunters; not the concept of Witch Hunters, but rather, Roleplayers who play Witch Hunters as a Power Grab in Fantasy Universes. these guys are usually humans with Selective immunity to whatever magic they don't want to be affected by, and are generally immortal and extremely old, and they usually carry a specialized small armory of weapons designed to hunt a wide variety magical creatures. "Your fireball doesn't hurt me because i have a cold iron ring on my wedding ring finger" or "My sword is cold iron, prepare to die you little faerie". they love cold iron and silver, has a seemingly endless supply of weapons, and despite being "Human", they perform superhuman feats without supernatural aid.  some even go as far as to have magical tattoos that aren't truly "Magical" or use a form of Magic that "Doesn't count as magic." you know, considering how much knowledge about magic these witch hunters have, you would think they are wizard academy dropouts.

Witch Hunter: "Don't call my character a Magus. that is an insult to his/her culture of Witch Hunting"

me: "Antimagic requires magic. Gunpowder Requires Sulfur, how can anyone tell your Witch hunter apart from another Witch?"

Witch Hunter: "i have this Badass Cold Iron Sword, this Automatic Crossbow that Fires Cold Iron Quarrels, a Flour Sack Loaded with Salt, some blue runic tattoos that protect me against magic, and i always carry a dozen or more weapons for fighting supernaturals"

I know right. Ok if they are human they need to plan with bombs and oils. They need to outsmart a monster. They can't over power or out magic. I always got so annoyed when people pulled that kind of shit....

Has anyone ever tried enjoying a Nation Building RP based on history...

and then there's that guy who denounces everything you attempt to do or say because he's an armchair historian or strategist?

When I post this in a RP...

The girl went first, climbing down the grim ladder into the stench of the sewer tunnels below. She was closely followed by Chris then by Numbers himself. As Numbers reached the bottom, the girl was already ahead on one knee gun facing the far end of the sewer. As the last team member reached the bottom as well, Chris pulled the map out and told the team to gather around. As they did so, small droplets off water which peeled off the ceiling splashed onto the map, making the route nearly impossible to make out. They talked for a while, planning their route and making a sense of where they were. After a 5 minute talk, they agreed on following the route that the scouts had taken. It was a risky move but hopefully they would be able to find out where they were. There was still no reports coming in from the 4 man team. 

"Let's head out" Chris whispered, to the rest of the team before pulling out his radio and sending their location and destination back to the HQ. The girl, who was called Becca, moved on first, slowly walking to the end of the dark tunnel, shining her torch on the far wall. They reached a junction, and carefully got into position to clear the junction. Luckily, no hostiles were there to surprise them which made the team feel a little more relieved. They turned a left at the junction, moving on again in a careful yet eager fashion. They were too turn right just around this corner and head then head further down the area. Hopefully there was little to nothing down here. Hopefully.

I get this from the GM...

The empires troops snap to attention as they see a light shine down the tunnel.

They quietly move into the other tunnels in the area for cover and aim at the opening waiting for there target to come into view.

James picks up and throws a rock down the far tunnel so that it makes a noise not near the empire troopers hopeing that it draws there attention in,

Help me I'm dying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know right. Ok if they are human they need to plan with bombs and oils. They need to outsmart a monster. They can't over power or out magic. I always got so annoyed when people pulled that kind of shit....

yeppies. my point.

and then there's that guy who denounces everything you attempt to do or say because he's an armchair historian or strategist?

Yea ... I've always been good with history and geography but people will say the stupidest shit.

my pet peeve in rping? simple.....

this:

yes the humble quote, it annoys me. you know what's worse? people that write long ass posts along with a face claim (which i love btw, keep doing yo thing, you da real mvp) then people quote that to only write a simple 2-lined post. like seriously man, is it that hard to just.... not quote? i mean it took me a week only to transition from quoting too mentioning, which looks way more proffesional. then again i'm at fault because i've probably triggered so much people with the lack of my capital letters XD

13 minutes ago, call me rae said:

@Salex The Baldie to clarify you dislike when people quote roleplay posts or just quote in general?

quote in roleplay posts, as if for example in an ooc, the posts are usually for conversation and are quite short, plus it's used so one does not miscommunicate when talking to another, but in roleplay post, there's almost no need to do it.... it's just a pet peeve of mine now XD 

@Salex The Baldie lol no i agree with roleplays I was just confused because the way you wrote it I was unsure if you were talking specifically about roleplay or in a general sense. but yeah I hate it when people quote posts in the IC. Like look If you must quote a specific person ( on sites that don't have tags ) than fine. But don't quote an entire post. It looks really sloppy and it makes it seem like you don't have anything to contribute.

Just now, call me rae said:

@Salex The Baldie lol no i agree with roleplays I was just confused because the way you wrote it I was unsure if you were talking specifically about roleplay or in a general sense. but yeah I hate it when people quote posts in the IC. Like look If you must quote a specific person ( on sites that don't have tags ) than fine. But don't quote an entire post. It looks really sloppy and it makes it seem like you don't have anything to contribute.

yeah, but we gotta give them some slack, i mean at a point we all did that as beginners, if they are new, it's forgivable, they can learn XD. but if they're experienced people...... TRIGGERED XD

sadly it's never the new people that do it in my experience. they tend to post more ooc information or they'll be like in the ooc telling you they've post rather than quoting specifically. 

it's the people that are too lazy to tag that quote. and it's like really? i mean i can figure out your talking to me through context or if you put your characters location in your post. you don't have to quote me. i'm already watching the thread.

XD yep, apparently i'm not the only one with this pet peeve, so now that's two people i know with this annoyance XD

And the one thing nobody asked is how they got all these cold iron...

whensomeone types like this.as You Can see it gut's rea'lly annoy to red.its even worse when it'sa yound kid whodoent knowthey are typing wrong!.,

whensomeone types like this.as You Can see it gut's rea'lly annoy to red.its even worse when it'sa yound kid whodoent knowthey are typing wrong!.,

Let woe befall onto the man who decided to attempt vile homicide upon his fellow comrades' eyes!

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing that totally shits me is people who need atleast 20+ gifs/photos in their character sheet to substitute for the inadequate amount of text in there. better yet, people who take a tidy lookin' faceclaim and slap all of these modifications onto their appearance— " yeah, she looks like mula kunis but her hair is blonde and her eyes are bright blue. plus she's whiter and she has DD boobs and her ass has two cheeks on it also she's like 4"7 because apparently it's cute to have short female characters." to me this just seems like a way of shitting on people who look perfectly fine because they don't live up to absurdly sexualized and unrealistic standards, it's totally disrespectful to the face you're claiming.  fyi NOBODY CARES WHAT YOUR CHARACTERS ASS LOOKS LIKE

I'm not gonna lie. I hate 

• one liners, seriously...this should be everyones pet peeve
  • people who don't pay attention to the rules or content I post...I had my eyesballs glued to the computer to make such a wonderful rp, the least you can do is obey the rules I put and follow the cs 
  • people who join then dip within a week...like ugh!! *head explodes*
  • typos...I get so embarrassed and mad when i put typo's on my posts I just pray they know what i'm saying
  • people...I just put that one in just for fun, I tolerate them to a certain point
  • putting people on blast in the ooc...I had it done to me and hated then started thinking dark thoughts
  • being a ass to people...although I don't like people...I try not to be an ass...im slowly improving
  • people who ask why their character didn't accepted...same reason my wasn't...it just wasn't to my liking that's all
  • bad grammar...I shouldn't have to explain this
  • when people don't change something when I ask them to ask me why...like dude come on, I'm just asking you to change this i'm not telling you to do your who character over from scratch
  • mundane characters...nah we ain't having the always happy or always sad characters that's not real
  • saying they want to reserve a spot then never put up a character...this is why i have committment (feel like i spelled that wrong) issues and I never put my roleplays as first come first serve
  • NOT SEEING DIVERSITY!!!! I DON'T WANT TO KEEP SEEING THE SAME DOMINANT RACE OR DOMINANT SEXUALITY OR DOMINANT GENDER BE SUBMITTED ALL THE TIME!! SWITCH IT UP A LITTLE PEOPLE TRY SOMETHING NEW!  

Yea ... I've always been good with history and geography but people will say the stupidest shit.

Armchair Historians and Strategists are annoying. and most of them get their Information from PBS or History Channel. while i find entertainment in these documentaries myself. i don't take them as fact, because i know information warps over time and what might have been truth at one point might be considered myth later.

And the one thing nobody asked is how they got all these cold iron...

cold iron is expensive to make, and has to be made by hand without a forge and without coal. i don't know where these which hunters manage to get it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back