• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Riftwalkers 2033

eimpress

67e458e29472aacf025233aef93cc838.jpg

PREMISE
Out of the 140-million children born into the world yearly, five of them are gifted with the ability to interact with temporal rifts (a tear in the spacetime continuum that can act as a portal for nefarious entities to disrupt the balance of a world). They are called the "Riftwalkers", a special category of human beings whose existence is kept secret by an interdimensional organization called "The Infinity". Newborn Riftwalkers are usually detected and tracked by members of the Infinity, whisked away from their family and the promise of a normal life in order to be trained against "Anomalies" arising from temporal rifts. These abnormalities may come in many forms, ranging from otherworldly creatures that could maul a grown adult within five seconds, or a miasma that could corrupt an entire village into grotesque mutations. One thing is for certain: all Anomalies are highly dangerous and must be evicted from the timeline they've wrongly inhabited. As such, the Infinity is composed of Riftwalkers dedicated to keeping the natural balance in every timeline.

Unfortunately, a mysterious group which call themselves the "Abyssal Order" threatens the Infinity and therefore, the entire world. The Order orchestrated a massive attack on the pocket dimension which served as the Infinity's headquarters, massacring 70% of the Riftwalker population. The surviving members had no choice but to abandon the headquarters and evacuate to a random node in a random timeline.

Thus, the remnants of the Infinity found themselves situating in the year 2033, securing themselves an unsuspecting rundown building that became the new center of their operation. Even though it has only been a year since the massacre, the Infinity has managed to somehow get back up on their feet and resume their mission.

CHARACTER CREATION
YOU are a surviving member of the Infinity, a Riftwalker (of any age and from any timeline) a part of Platoon 5 - a newly formed unit tasked to destroy anomalies, seal rifts, and learn more about the Abyssal Order. As a Riftwalker, you have the special ability to see and interact with rifts and all riftborn entities that would normally be unseen by an average person. You are also able to cast magic, unnatural feats that are used to defeat anomalies and close rifts. For example: fire manipulation, telekinesis, super strength and etc.

RULES
1. Everything stated in the site's rules and regulation page applies.
2. Strictly one character per roleplayer; the creation and use of NPC's are allowed as long as they've been sent to me for checking and given the go.
3. Please alert me if you'll be absent for a long period of time. Characters may be shelved or moved around if they hamper the roleplay's progress due to player inactivity.
4. Overpowered characters will not be allowed. Creativity is appreciated but please make sure that everything is within reason.
5. Please notify me if you have any questions or in need of guidance. I am comfortable with being privately messaged regarding the RP.
6. We will be using anime/non-realistic face claims. I encourage rightful credit citation and discourage the use of AI art.
7. Please post at least a paragraph of reply. Strictly no one or two-liners. I'll accept a three-sentence reply as long as it has enough substance for the others to reply to.
8. Choices have consequences. Plot armors will only be dispensed as the story requires.
9. Please be 18+ years old as the story will contain gore, violence, and other potentially disturbing elements.
10. If there be any changes to the rules and regulations, I will notify everyone. Please enjoy!

Greetings, everyone! I just want to put out a disclaimer that I just joined the site today and the lore is still unrefined. I am still trying to figure things out, so please be kind and patient. Thank you for reading! I hope I piqued your interest. Cheers!

You've got my attention! I would love to join, if you'll have me 😁

Yoooo, this looks pretty good. I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I got a couple questions that could maybe help you flesh out the lore. Mind if I DM you those questions real quick?

Are you still in need of people and are parallel futures a thing? For example a mutated guy born in a Earth where the cold war went hot and Doomed the planet to Nuclear Armageddon?

Thou hast summoned me? (It took a week bc there were no offerings smh.)

raw

Hey hey! Is this still open?
Yes, it is! Welcome, my friend!

Are you still in need of people and are parallel futures a thing? For example a mutated guy born in a Earth where the cold war went hot and Doomed the planet to Nuclear Armageddon?
Yes, we are still accepting more members! Welcome!
Yes, we do have parallel futures and that idea works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back