• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rifts, Anyone?

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I've been thinking of running a Rifts game using the Palladium system, and I'm wondering on how many people would be interested in that. It would be using the Rifts Ultimate Edition, and will be set in North America. Character classes would have to be either from North or South America unless you have a very good reason to be from another area, and you'll have to sell it to me. This is not a Coalition based game, making Dbees and magic users available. You will need to have the book you want your character out of and the core rules. While I have most of the texts on PDF, I am not going to try and make up a half dozen characters or more for everyone to choose from.

@Sherwood, @Dicer, @Anaxial, you guys interested? I know that Sherwood was looking to get into a game a player, and Dicer is a Real Life friend of his. Anyone else want to get into this?

I would love to play in a game that won't die off on us. Every game that I join in seems to fizzle out on me, and I'm feeling a bit like a jinx. Would a Atlantian Ley Line Walker be ok? I have wanted to run one of those guys for a while now.

I think I can go for that. The Atlantians are fairly global in their travels, so having one of them in North America would not be a stretch. I'll need more players than just you, however. If you know anyone that is looking for a game, send them my way.

Sweet. I can have a rough draft done up in a day or two.

I've heard of Rifts, but never played it nor do I have any of the books or PDFs. The closest I've come to the Palladium system is playing Robotech with @Sherwood as the GM. It's still a relatively new ruleset to me. I've played all editions of D&D up to 3.5 and Pathfinder and a few Shadowrun editions. I'm not sure how Palladium Rifts works, so I'll probably stick to what I know. Sorry, @Psychie.

Do you know anyone else that might be willing to join in? I would like a few more players than just you and Sherwood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an idea on what kind of character you would like to play?

Sorry New to the forum so no one to tag.

Element mage, tattoo wizard, or a few other things come to mind, I'd have to open books to be specific.

-Zedalb

This sounds interesting. I'm not very familiar with dice based role-playing but I'm sure I can find a PDF and give the rules a read, if you don't mind me having to ask some questions here and there while we play.

I know the Rifts very well, and the Palladium system even better. So long as psychie doesn't override something in the books with her nigh unstoppable powers as ST, we are good.

Speaking of @Psychie, is three players enough fit your game to start?

Three is the minimum of like to run, but I can make it work.

I want to make sure that everyone in the game is of a good alignment, willing to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. You are heros, and need to act accordingly.

Stats: on any stat that is 3d6, roll four dice and take the top three. If those three equal 16, 17, or 18, you add another d6. If that one is also a six, you add one more die, making it possible for a 30 before skills. A 2d6 roll gets the bonus roll on an 11 and 12, and you roll a total of 3d6.

I will request a forum and post the link here, but recruitment is still open. One final thing: I will give you a small hint; vampires. Make sure you have gear or spells to be able to deal with them.

Posting some stat rolls

[dice]22598[/dice]

[dice]22599[/dice]

[dice]22600[/dice]

[dice]22601[/dice]

[dice]22603[/dice]

[dice]22604[/dice]

[dice]22605[/dice]

[dice]22606[/dice]

[dice]22735[/dice]

[dice]22736[/dice]

[dice]22737[/dice]

[dice]22738[/dice]

[dice]22739[/dice]

[dice]22740[/dice]

Okay figured out how to roll dice and got lucky I'll do the rest tonight.

Just got to figure out how to copy them over.

-Zedalb

I work overnights 10pm-3am EST at the latest so I'm about to leave in a bit. I'll read up on the main thread when I get off.

Well if it is still open, I'm interested in playing. Guess the OCC would depend on what I end up rolling so let see:

[dice]23139[/dice]

[dice]23140[/dice]

[dice]23141[/dice]

[dice]23142[/dice]

[dice]23143[/dice]

[dice]23144[/dice]

[dice]23145[/dice]

[dice]23146[/dice]

[dice]23147[/dice]

[dice]23148[/dice]

So let see IQ 12, ME 22, MA 19, PS 6, PE 6, PP 12, PB 7, Spd 11

So an ugly frail guy, not very tough and with great personality and willpower hmmm. I'll think about OOC of course, if it is still available.

edit: For OOC thinking of Cold Blooded from Merc Adventures p. 19-21. Of course waiting for confirmation that it is still open.

First off, thanks for the post! I was hoping for more players to expand the game.

Next, there was a house rule to reroll all '1s' so you may be able to raise a few stats before character creation.

I'm going to take a quick look at the merc book to double check the occ you want, but I doubt that there is going to be a problem with it. Let's go ahead and move this conversation to the OOC thread. A link is listed a few posts father up.

Hmmm. I don't seem to have that book on pdf. I have merc town and merc ops, but not merc adventures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back